• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
Honestly, if our Ballot DLC consisted of this, I think it'd be a great way to cap off Smash 4;

• Ridley, King K.Rool and Wolf as characters
  • Tallon IV as a new stage, Venom and Kongo Jungle as returning stages
  • Mega Man Volnutt, Guile, Eggman, Adam Malkovich and Andrew Oinkonny as costumes
Somehow, I would be ok with this. It's unfortunate Ridley basically has to wait until the next game to get another chance due to Sakurai's views on the purple space dragon (in a sense that he didn't want Ridley to become a character since he's always seen him as a boss). Oh well. :sadeyes:

Last edited:

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
Honestly, I hope the 3D DK stage from the Wii U version gets ported to the 3DS version. Honestly, I think it would fit perfectly, and really take advantage of the 3D feature of the 3DS

dangeraaron10

Smash Master
You know, guys; Gangplank Galleon isn't completely out of the running. One thing I noticed is that while Pirate Ship has a ship that MOVES, the Gangplank Galleon is STATIONARY when Donkey Kong battles K. Rool in DKC 1 and in DKC 2, it's SHIPWRECKED as Diddy/Dixie explore it at the start of the game. I wouldn't worry guys; I still think that's the stage we'll get if K.Rool is truly confirmed, as there's enough differences from Pirate Ship so that Gangplank Galleon does not conflict with similar elements. Also, a bit of a fun fact; the mario maker stage is literally flat, and there's no 3D elements to it if you pause and try to rotate the camera around. If I'm not mistaken, that's either the first or second time this has been done (I believe Duck Hunt was flat, but correct me if I'm wrong).
Don't forget the 3DS still doesn't have any pirate ship at all.

*cries*

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
Honestly, I hope the 3D DK stage from the Wii U version gets ported to the 3DS version. Honestly, I think it would fit perfectly, and really take advantage of the 3D feature of the 3DS
I would like that too, and remain surprised that it wasn't that way to begin with, especially considering that Donkey Kong Country Returns had both home and handheld releases. I suspect that they'd have to tweak the depth slightly, as things might get a little tougher to see at the current distance on a lower resolution display, but I'd be fine with that.

Hey, I can dream, can't I? :laugh:

Don't forget the 3DS still doesn't have any pirate ship at all.

*cries*
It technically sort of kind of almost does, in that one makes up a portion of the Paper Mario stage's standard form.

... Oh, who am I kidding? It's just not the same! :cry:

I'd love a proper pirate ship in Smash 3DS. Early on when they said that the 3DS' stages would be handheld-focussed, I dreamed of there being a Donkey Kong Land-derived Gangplank Galleon. I'd still like that. :p

Last edited:

ShinyRegice

Smash Lord
It's worth noticing that Fox' Mii costume is based on his appearance in Star Fox 64 and by extension Smash Melee, while the playable Fox uses another design from Brawl inspired from his Command appearance (and becomes canon in SF0 btw). As such it doesn't guarantees that K. Rool if he properly becomes properly playable will have this design.

New moveset brainstorming idea: Krown Toss up smash. Many characters have elements from their special moves they also use for other parts of their moveset. Example include: ZSS's down smash (Paralyzer), Ness' PK Fire (down throw), Mewtwo's Shadow Ball (forward throw) or Bowser's Whirling Fortress (down smash). As a fighter K. Rool would be likely to use his signature Krown Toss as a side or neutral special move, but it could also be used as a creative up smash as well. It could be a purely vertical projectile which goes decently far above him. It would be reminiscent of Palutena's up smash when it comes to vertical range, but as a projectile, the hitbox itself would be much smaller and move upwards then downwards during the attack's duration, though leaving K. Rool himself vulnerable making it risky to use. What do you think about it?

Talpr1

Smash Journeyman
Looking at Pirate Ship's music, Samurai won't even bother composing new Jungle Level remixes if a DK stage will be released, he'll just port old ones.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
All i see is balony for now but
(Ps its due to no source yet.)

We now have data dig rumor its from someone on the dlc character page

More "marios" were found apparently (placeholders)

Last edited:

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
It's worth noticing that Fox' Mii costume is based on his appearance in Star Fox 64 and by extension Smash Melee, while the playable Fox uses another design from Brawl inspired from his Command appearance (and becomes canon in SF0 btw). As such it doesn't guarantees that K. Rool if he properly becomes properly playable will have this design.
Actually, I'd guess that it's a pretty different case. The Fox Mii costume pulls the headgear from StreetPass Mii Plaza's Fox Hat, which pre-dates Smash 3DS/Wii U, and was made to promote Star Fox 64 3D. It differs purely due to it being a quick asset-pull from elsewhere.

Last edited:

TheAnvil

Smash Hero

New moveset brainstorming idea: Krown Toss up smash. Many characters have elements from their special moves they also use for other parts of their moveset. Example include: ZSS's down smash (Paralyzer), Ness' PK Fire (down throw), Mewtwo's Shadow Ball (forward throw) or Bowser's Whirling Fortress (down smash). As a fighter K. Rool would be likely to use his signature Krown Toss as a side or neutral special move, but it could also be used as a creative up smash as well. It could be a purely vertical projectile which goes decently far above him. It would be reminiscent of Palutena's up smash when it comes to vertical range, but as a projectile, the hitbox itself would be much smaller and move upwards then downwards during the attack's duration, though leaving K. Rool himself vulnerable making it risky to use. What do you think about it?
Fox's current Smash design is a combination of all of his different looks.

dangeraaron10

Smash Master
Ok

But if its true and they'res a source

My best guess is between 1-3 marios were added.
Thanks for this. We dont' know how many were added because he didn't specify. he didn't specify anything besides more placeholders were found. Don't pay this much mind until he decides to post a source, just like you said.

Alright. Final stretch time. May not make my deadline because it's been a little chaotic at home (things come up as they typically do...)

But I only have a few more items to do.

I hit a common stumbling block last night where I've made something larger than most can handle*. Found a PNG compressor- got it down from 8-point-something MB to 2-point-something. How does it look, quality wise?

*It's the reason why I've been uploading JPGs recently. Imgur auto-converts past a certain size. Not this time though.

____
Updates and intentions.
Items left
  • Smash Brawl trophy. Need to find a spot... (getting cramped)
  • Crystal Banana
  • The chain hold DK suspended.
  • KAOS (He'll be in the storm to the right of the pic.)
  • The rest (K. Rool's belly button and DK's tie)
Pipe dreams

• Blast-o-matic (the table is full and I already have boxing gloves and the "neo" Crocodile Isle.)
  • Gangplank Galleon and Kastle Kaos (it's getting very cramped and my idea for KKaos...was the ugliest thing I'd ever seen. And K. Rool in all in his...magnificence(?)... is a thing of beauty. It shan't be marred.)
  • Dixie (I saw a request for DIxie. The idea came up early on but I couldn't think of a fitting way to confine her. Even Diddy was kind of lucky. My initial idea for him was a cramped steel cage. It...didn't work... Oh well. We need some heroes out there, I suppose.)
A'right. I'm out.
this is incredible! breathtaking! its beyond my expectations! like there is so many little things here and there that i would of missed if i didnt pay attention....its like playing spot the easter eggs or "wheres waldo".,if someone said this was official artwork from nintendo/rare i would believe it

and i was proud of my ms paint artwork and look at yours...now that is a masterpiece,you should be very proud of yourself,its good enough to be a wall poster.

as for the dk's chain thing you can just have it go up and out of frame or somehow have the flying kroc holding him up...not a lot of room though.

when this is finished lets spread it everywhere...this needs to be seen.

somebody call the museum i found the stolen masterpiece :) keep up the great work

Last edited:

TropicalBreeze

Smash Apprentice
Right, then. Croc fact of the day #yes: believe it or not, all living crocodilians are pretty poor swimmers. Their method of tucking their legs in to their sides and undulating their tails is fine and dandy in the fairly shallow bodies of water most crocs call home, but open ocean travel is nigh impossible....or, at least, it should be. Both American crocodiles and saltwater crocodiles are able to cheese their way across the ocean by riding currents, kind of like how some birds ride updrafts.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
open ocean travel is nigh impossible....or, at least, it should be. Both American crocodiles and saltwater crocodiles are able to cheese their way across the ocean by riding currents, kind of like how some birds ride updrafts.
Which is why K. Rool uses a galleon, I'm guessing. :p

:231:

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Ok Pushdustin found the rumor

So hes has a data digging buddy check on it

thats shinyquagsire23 hes going to data dig after school and see if the dude was telling the truth or not.

TropicalBreeze

Smash Apprentice
TropicalBreeze TropicalBreeze how much chances does a real crocodile have to win against a real gorilla?
Tough to say. The crocodile's species is pretty important, but for argument's and realism's sakes I'll go with the rather average Nile crocodile. Now, it's important to remember that, although they are herbivores, gorillas can get pretty territorial and aren't half bad in a fight, using their sizable canines and brute strength to overpower most aggressors. Likewise, even though crocodiles are normally carnivores (I'm saving that fact for a big news update of sorts), their only seriously deadly offensive weapon is their jaws; the tail is okay for support, but that's about it. However, most crocs only really need their jaws to get the job done because they're so flipping powerful. It could honestly go either way, but even that's heavily dependent on circumstance. If they're on land, the croc doesn't have a chance in hell. In the water, well....most primates (including gorillas) are really poor swimmers and are absolutely terrified of water (Coral Capers, Lockjaws's Locker, and Amiss Abyss, though awesome, are nowhere near biologically accurate). Combine that with crocodilians' go-to technique of dragging prey underwater till it stops kicking, and the fight is lopsided in the other direction. The fight also hinges on whether or not the gorilla is able to figure out a croc's weak spots, like being poked in the eye or holding their jaws shut. Sorry for the very non-committal answer, but there really is no clear-cut victor. Now, a full-grown saltwater crocodile would probably steamroll even an adult silverback mountain gorilla, but you can't exactly consider the world's largest crocodile to be the norm when it shares its planet with petite African Dwarf crocodiles and whatnot. Again, there's too many variables.

SuperSmashSean

Smash Journeyman
More costumes based on playable characters bodes well for us.

And we got the Pirate Ship, which can function as K. Rool's stage if he doesn't get one of his own.
Fox and C. Falcon decomfirmed for ballot?:troll:

Unfortunately, you're right that it doesn't mean anything.

The Fox hat that's part of this outfit is derived from the one in the 3DS' StreetPass Mii Plaza, as several of the other hats and masks are.

(Source.)
Really? That is pretty lazy and kinda sad.

Has anyone data mined the update yet?
What he said.

To be honest,the only cool things worth buying to me are the pirate ship, monster hunter outfits, and mabye the SMM stage. I'm glad the Pirate Ship stage is back, but I don't care that much about the SMM stage. The update is a bit worrying. Have they actually started the characters or not? Will they be announced on or after October 3rd? Lets hope for the better, be prepared for the worst.

Banjo-Kazooie

Smash Ace
NNID
Burudiman
3DS FC
2492-5021-9705
So either we will have to wait until the weekend when the Ballot is over or until a Direct happens (it gets more likely by the time, since there are a lot of games coming that we have seen little like Mario Tennis: Ultra Smash, or the rumored Octoling update in Splatoon) for any character news.
Meanwhile we can have fun with these extra stages and Mii costumes (and I can finally do a decent Sanji with the Business suit, or Business K. Rool if you prefer).

Let's show this big haired SoB we want King K. Rool!
First, the 2 polls for all the characters its a bit annoying; but necessary I guess.
Second, Inmediately you can notice what kind of fans Etika has with both indies in 1st and 2nd place. Not that bad, especially when K. Rool is still 3rd... then you see Shrek at 6th place and Goku at 4th. While I somewhat respect Etika, clearly a lot of people wont take him seriously yet again.
I did my job and voted K. Rool like always.

Last edited:

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Let's show this big haired SoB we want King K. Rool!
Don't bother.
He's put Lana down as being from Fire Emblem even though I'm very sure he actually means the one from HW, there's Green Arrow (as Oliver Queen) and Finn from Adventure Time.
Plus Shrek and Goku.
Shia LaBeouf as well.

No integrity at all. Not that Etika ever had any.

Godzillathewonderdog

Smash Master
Don't bother.
He's put Lana down as being from Fire Emblem even though I'm very sure he actually means the one from HW, there's Green Arrow (as Oliver Queen) and Finn from Adventure Time.
Plus Shrek and Goku.
Shia LaBeouf as well.

No integrity at all. Not that Etika ever had any.
Etika added every single character people commented should be in on one of his videos on the poll. That's why there are a lot of dumb options. He didn't chose to add those characters on there own. Also who cares? Voting for K. Rool won't do any sort of harm.

Last edited:

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Etika added every single character people commented should be in on one of his videos on the poll. That's why there are a lot of dumb options. He didn't chose to add those characters on there own.
That's the precise problem. There's always chuckleheads in the comments that post ridiculous stuff. I'm not surprised someone like Etika actually added the troll suggestions on instead of deciding to compile a list of characters himself.

Also who cares? Voting for K. Rool won't do any sort of harm.
It's ultimately pointless in trying to show Etika that we want K Rool. He's shown his blind ignorance before and it ain't gonna change.

You'd have more luck beating Dark Souls without dying.

Last edited:

bellboy64

Smash Journeyman
Alright. 8:37pm in Scotland, September 30th at time of writing.

Completed the Crystal Banana and made DK's chain on the back (Looks nice against lightning. Dramatic.)
Next up KAOS then the Brawl trophy. Then clean-up and then K. Rool's belly button and the DK tie to finish it completely.

Let's goooooo!!

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
All i see is balony for now but
(Ps its due to no source yet.)

We now have data dig rumor its from someone on the dlc character page

More "marios" were found apparently (placeholders)
I wouldn't be surprised if this was true, but I can't believe just a random person saying without any evidence. It needs to be a reliable source like PushDustin.

PlayfulMushroom

Smash Apprentice
That's the precise problem. There's always chuckleheads in the comments that post ridiculous stuff. I'm not surprised someone like Etika actually added the troll suggestions on instead of deciding to compile a list of characters himself.

It's ultimately pointless in trying to show Etika that we want K Rool. He's shown his blind ignorance before and it ain't gonna change.

You'd have more luck beating Dark Souls without dying.
Well, the votes speak for themselves. King K. Rool is not close to leading Etika's poll, and the ones above him are not troll picks either. Shantae and Shovel Knight seems to be more popular (I have no idea why), but that's how it is. Just because a character is the most popular among hardcore fans doesn't mean the more casual players are interested. It's pretty ignorant to blame Etika and the viewers voting on the poll for not wanting your most wanted character to be included in the game.

SuperSmashSean

Smash Journeyman
Well, the votes speak for themselves. King K. Rool is not close to leading Etika's poll, and the ones above him are not troll picks either. Shantae and Shovel Knight seems to be more popular (I have no idea why), but that's how it is. Just because a character is the most popular among hardcore fans doesn't mean the more casual players are interested. It's pretty ignorant to blame Etika and the viewers voting on the poll for not wanting your most wanted character to be included in the game.
The problem is his fanbase will just vote for what he thinks has the best shot. Most of them want Rayman (I would like), Shantae (iffy on but what ever), and Shovel Knight (I have no comment on) because Etika wants them. Do I still care? Nope. Am I mad? No, until some article says the winners on his poll are going to be the ballot picks.

Talpr1

Smash Journeyman
If Etika had a neutral or positive stance on King K. Rool, you can be damn sure he would've placed much higher on his poll. The main, if not only, reason why he placed low is because Etika dislikes him and most of his fans(not all of them obviously) will follow whatever he says like sheeps

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
I've got no comment on some random unofficial poll, but your comparison makes me curious: Why would "the more casual players" even know who the two relatively tiny indie characters, from two relatively small-time series with sales and awareness to match, even are?

Last edited:

Pepperoni_Lives

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Piggins91
The problem is his fanbase will just vote for what he thinks has the best shot. Most of them want Rayman (I would like), Shantae (iffy on but what ever), and Shovel Knight (I have no comment on) because Etika wants them. Do I still care? Nope. Am I mad? No, until some article says the winners on his poll are going to be the ballot picks.
If that were to be the case, (it won't) why would some foul-mouthed knucklehead's fan base gauge the ballot their/his way?

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Except they're to blame for the stupid choices among the poll. Whether or not the character's with higher votes than K Rool are legitimate characters or not hardly matters.

Having the option to vote for Shia LaDouche and Shrek undermines it no matter what. And it's troll characters like that which are my problem. Not Butt Butt or Shantae.

Last edited:
Top Bottom