• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

Captain Fun

Smash Lord
I've got no comment on some random unofficial poll, but your comparison makes me curious: Why would "the more casual players" even know who the two relatively tiny indie characters, from two relatively small-time series with sales and awareness to match, even are?
I don't think they mean casual as in "casual gamers" just casual when it comes to the Smash bros scene. As in, fans who don't stay around to discuss it.

Plenty of people voted once in April and never came back to discuss the game- not every Smash fan is a part of the speculation scene.

BowserK.Rool

Smash Champion
You know, I'm kinda hoping nintendo didn't wait the 6 months to tally up the votes from the ballot just so they could see who to make, that'd be kinda lazy on their part.

Last edited:

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
I don't think they mean casual as in "casual gamers" just casual when it comes to the Smash bros scene. As in, fans who don't stay around to discuss it.

Plenty of people voted once in April and never came back to discuss the game- not every Smash fan is a part of the speculation scene.
Ahh, thanks very much. The word is so nebulous and so commonly bandied around with the former description, that it honestly never occurred to me that a context specific to Smash speculation even existed (I know that only a tiny fraction of the fanbase is part of it - I just didn't know that there was a term used for it). :laugh:

The correction and eye-opening is much-appreciated. :)

Last edited:

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
I feel it'd be for the best if we just stopped posting anything by Etika in this thread, period. Period. It shouldn't matter whether it's a farcical debate used to prop up Shovel Knight, or some botched "leak" report, or him staging a reaction to a K. Rool reveal or stifling a gleeful grin at the prospect of a disconfirmation via costume. Let's just agree to not post anything he makes in this thread again and not give them even more attention than his content somehow still gets.

Can we as a collective thread agree on this? Unless he somehow has a personality transplant and starts having intelligent discussions, it does us no good...all the discussion turns to "He made a thing," then "His thing is stupid for these reasons (giant list)." The only character-playing spaz that should get our focus is K. Rool himself.

Last edited:

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
Alright. Final stretch time. May not make my deadline because it's been a little chaotic at home (things come up as they typically do...)

But I only have a few more items to do.

I hit a common stumbling block last night where I've made something larger than most can handle*. Found a PNG compressor- got it down from 8-point-something MB to 2-point-something. How does it look, quality wise?

*It's the reason why I've been uploading JPGs recently. Imgur auto-converts past a certain size. Not this time though.

____
Updates and intentions.
Items left
  • Smash Brawl trophy. Need to find a spot... (getting cramped)
  • Crystal Banana
  • The chain hold DK suspended.
  • KAOS (He'll be in the storm to the right of the pic.)
  • The rest (K. Rool's belly button and DK's tie)
Pipe dreams

• Blast-o-matic (the table is full and I already have boxing gloves and the "neo" Crocodile Isle.)
  • Gangplank Galleon and Kastle Kaos (it's getting very cramped and my idea for KKaos...was the ugliest thing I'd ever seen. And K. Rool in all in his...magnificence(?)... is a thing of beauty. It shan't be marred.)
  • Dixie (I saw a request for DIxie. The idea came up early on but I couldn't think of a fitting way to confine her. Even Diddy was kind of lucky. My initial idea for him was a cramped steel cage. It...didn't work... Oh well. We need some heroes out there, I suppose.)
A'right. I'm out.
Looks amazing! If you can, can you make a golden belly plate variant. You don't have too if you can't.

Thelimomon

Smash Journeyman
Alright. Final stretch time. May not make my deadline because it's been a little chaotic at home (things come up as they typically do...)

But I only have a few more items to do.

I hit a common stumbling block last night where I've made something larger than most can handle*. Found a PNG compressor- got it down from 8-point-something MB to 2-point-something. How does it look, quality wise?

*It's the reason why I've been uploading JPGs recently. Imgur auto-converts past a certain size. Not this time though.

____
Updates and intentions.
Items left
  • Smash Brawl trophy. Need to find a spot... (getting cramped)
  • Crystal Banana
  • The chain hold DK suspended.
  • KAOS (He'll be in the storm to the right of the pic.)
  • The rest (K. Rool's belly button and DK's tie)
Pipe dreams

• Blast-o-matic (the table is full and I already have boxing gloves and the "neo" Crocodile Isle.)
  • Gangplank Galleon and Kastle Kaos (it's getting very cramped and my idea for KKaos...was the ugliest thing I'd ever seen. And K. Rool in all in his...magnificence(?)... is a thing of beauty. It shan't be marred.)
  • Dixie (I saw a request for DIxie. The idea came up early on but I couldn't think of a fitting way to confine her. Even Diddy was kind of lucky. My initial idea for him was a cramped steel cage. It...didn't work... Oh well. We need some heroes out there, I suppose.)
A'right. I'm out.
Holy Crystal Coconut Tree!
I still remember, when I decided to take a break from SmashBoards, that this was still at the throne and it looked already good, but now... It's amazingly beautiful!

I love all those little nods and details.
You did an amazing job so far!
Keep up the good work!

Joeyd123

Smash Ace
No casuals voted for Shantae and Shovel Knight lol, they don'T know who they are. (Unless they voted for Shovel Knight post-amiibo announcement). Not saying they all voted for K Rool, but more casuals know K Rool than them.

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
Guys; let's not talk anymore about that silly poll anymore, please. Just ignore it. In the end, it means nothing. Moving on to something else, I had a question for my fellow Kutthroats; Do you expect some sort of confirmation of upcoming characters on Friday/the weekend? Or do you expect we'll see some sort of message from the ballot closing and have to base it off of that?

Last edited:

Mariomaniac45213

The Nintendo Villain main!
Switch FC
SW 5604 9250 9133
If BKupa666 is K.Rool then Bellboy you are definitely Klump. First you bring us the Gators gonna Gate .gif and now you bring us this masterpiece! If you turn this picture into a poster once you're finished I'd totally buy it and I bet I'm not alone! Keep up the good work bellboy!

BravadoMan_13

Smash Lord
NNID
ClassicRocker
Man it's been quite a while since I posted in this thread and finally caught up. Good to see you fellow Kutthroats very active still. Let's hope for good fortune soon.

Llort A. Ton

Smash Lord
NNID
GamerGuy758
3DS FC
0731-5017-6481
Switch FC
SW 1185 9411 4529
Moving on to something else, I had a question for my fellow Kutthroats; Do you expect some sort of confirmation of upcoming characters on Friday/the weekend? Or do you expect we'll see some sort of message from the ballot closing and have to base it off of that?
I think at the very least well get a hint or announcement of a Direct or event where we will see new content, If were lucky we could get 1-2 new characters (probably a veteran like Wolf/Snake and maybe a newcomer). I think its likely we will see something, but considering we got nothing character wise back on August 1st or today, we could be getting no news again.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
I just got back after doing more voting at Verizon today, for our king, of course. I hope that helps some.

SuperSmashSean

Smash Journeyman
If BKupa666 is K.Rool then Bellboy you are definitely Klump. First you bring us the Gators gonna Gate .gif and now you bring us this masterpiece! If you turn this picture into a poster once you're finished I'd totally buy it and I bet I'm not alone! Keep up the good work bellboy!
Now the question is, who is Krusha?

bellboy64 bellboy64 If it was a poster, for a decent price I'd buy it insanely quick.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
So, is the third the last day to vote, or is it when voting ends altogether after the second?

oinkers12

Smash Apprentice
I know we aren't supposed to be mentioning Etika, but in his poll, he literally put King K. Rool, Shovel Knight, and Shantae in the same category. Shovel Knight is his fanbase's favorite character. I guess he's not even trying to be subtle with this.

Zynux

Smash Lord
Some are upset that with the release of Pirate Ship, a faithful Gangplank Galleon likely won't appear because of possible redundancy of theme not like that stopped Town&City and Smashville

This just means that the best K. Rool stage is open to us now with no competition:

bellboy64

Smash Journeyman
It's past-midnight. Deadline passed. :'(
(...At least my KAOS looks decent.)

Bah. I wasn't expecting to beat it, but I needed something to keep me active. I'm not far off. Smash Brawl trophy and then the rest.
Another hour at the very least and I'll be golden. (Probably two. Most likely two.)

Again, Thank you all very much for your awesome comments and support. It's incredibly humbling. :)

And do me a favour, please. Let me know of the preferred/best place to sell a poster and I'll see what I can do about your requests.
(I have a Redbubble account but I'll take a consensus. Tag me with suggestions.)

Morbi

Scavenger
I know we aren't supposed to be mentioning Etika, but in his poll, he literally put King K. Rool, Shovel Knight, and Shantae in the same category. Shovel Knight is his fanbase's favorite character. I guess he's not even trying to be subtle with this.
The poll is in alphabetical order, there are 26 letters in the alphabet, there are three polls. The first poll covers the first nine letters. The second poll ALSO covers nine. However, there are a lot of character with the letter S, apparently. Shantae and Shovel Knight are both early S characters "SH." In fact, there were no "J" characters, so naturally the second poll would start at K. He would have to be going out of his way to make sure that King K. Rool did not face off against Shovel Knight and Shantae to be honest. The last polls covers the remaining letters which makes sense, as it was the last one made. I am absolutely positive that that was merely a coincidence. And if it was not, his master manipulation against the King K. Rool fan-base is the very definition of subtle.

Secondly, I believe he quite literally stated that this poll was indicative of his fan-base and encouraged others to use the same characters to see the differences.

Thirdly, his audience are not the only ones voting on the poll. I am not a member of his audience, yet I still voted for King K. Rool. If we cannot place first on a widely recognized poll, it is not because his fan-base is biased in favor of Shovel Knight, it is because King K. Rool does not have nearly as much support as we thought. There is NO way he should be behind a character of the caliber of Shovel Knight. So I do admit that bias is probably the reason, but likewise, King K. Rool can still top his poll in the end. His dedicated audience members are voting today, but passive votes are sure to collect over the course of the next few days as well.

Lastly, his poll is irrelevant and means nothing.

ThePhenomTaker

Smash Cadet
welcome back to Super smash Bros pirate ship from Super Smash Bros Brawl and the mario maker stage really don't seem that kinda fun but i did notice the Final Destination form of the pirate ship is sailing in the background it reminds me of the DK island seen in the background when being on King K.Rool's gangplank galleon ship anyway it would be cool to have Kaptain K.Rool's Flying Krock as a stage for WiiU

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Yeah, it seems as though Gangplank Galleon is probably out of the running due to Pirate Ship's return. This can mean, if K. Rool is in the game, we either get no new stage with him, we get a returning DK stage (Kongo Jungle from Melee or a Wii U port of Jungle Japes), or we get some third unexpected Kremling stage.

Flying Krock would be the best option for the last option. Or, who knows, maybe we get Gangplank Galleon, but instead of being a floating ship, it's floating bits and pieces of a shipwreck closer to the shore or in a cove off of Crocodile Isle.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
I feel it'd be for the best if we just stopped posting anything by Etika in this thread, period. Period. It shouldn't matter whether it's a farcical debate used to prop up Shovel Knight, or some botched "leak" report, or him staging a reaction to a K. Rool reveal or stifling a gleeful grin at the prospect of a disconfirmation via costume. Let's just agree to not post anything he makes in this thread again and not give them even more attention than his content somehow still gets.

Can we as a collective thread agree on this? Unless he somehow has a personality transplant and starts having intelligent discussions, it does us no good...all the discussion turns to "He made a thing," then "His thing is stupid for these reasons (giant list)." The only character-playing spaz that should get our focus is K. Rool himself.
Thank you.

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
so, I've been a bit inactive around here; but here's a little gift.. (many already saw through Twitter); --Just a honest wish of luck! We may be in top of many fan polls and be positive and confident it's amazing (and please, don't change that); but we need some humbleness and put ourselves in the same level of any other competition; we need luck, and I suppose we could wish luck to others as well. Was a fun ride regardless of our results in the future;

that's my 6 picks at the moment, --but of course, I wish the best for everybody. =)

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
What I mean is that if Etika's fans decide who is gonna win the ballot, then we'd be doomed with Shrek and Goku (DBZ not Yuyuki).
I think I've done a great job in reminding everyone there are 2 Gokus. Goal complete.

Also about Pirate Ship (YAY!), I still think Gangplank Galleon has a good shot of being a stage if K Rool is DLC. Its like his most iconic fight. And if we can't get Gangplank Galleon as a stage, you know what to do. Gangplank Galleon as a fighter in Smash! :troll:

Giga Kaiju

Smash Lord
NNID
GigaKaiju
Switch FC
SW-8115-0761-4039
Everyone's talking about the update and stuff, while I'm just here, waiting for the inevitable Ballot end... :dkmelee:

Top Bottom