• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

Just pretend it's 5 hours ago. ...It's DONE!
i dont have any words for this,its simpy amazing,this is the best k rool fanart i have ever seen...its filled to the brim with goodies and easter eggs "kroc has been expanded".

this masterpiece needs to be seen its spreading time kutthroats!
lets spread this everywhere,and make sure playtonic/steve mayles(k rools daddy)/important people sees it and ask for a retweet from them.

"kutthroat uses spread attack against the detractor,its very effective"

Last edited:

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
I've been waiting for the finished product before I commented, and I have to say, it doesn't disappoint. This is a fine testament to everything K. Rool stands for and you should be proud that you created it.

Next time somebody questions K. Rool's kredentials, just show them this. Says more than any amount of detailed research kan!

Kitty-chan

Happy Pyromaniac Neko
3DS FC
1203-9800-8781
No one is doing the Majora's Mask thing now that we are just three days away? :p
Nyaaaa~? Aren't we two days away since it ends on the third nya?
The end is near nya! The ballot results are gonya to crash upon us in around two days nya! We must deliver the final blows nya! Vote for K. Rool nya! Kill the hero of time if he tries to stop it from falling nya!

Nyaaaa~? Aren't we two days away since it ends on the third nya?
The end is near nya! The ballot results are gonya to crash upon us in around two days nya! We must deliver the final blows nya! Vote for K. Rool nya! Kill the hero of time if he tries to stop it from falling nya!

i remember when we would go through at least 5 pages a day,it sure got slower in here.
link played the reverse song of time to make time slower didnt he! everyone on the boat of killing link say i

Last edited:

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
ignore this...
smashboards should add a delete post option

might aswell leave something here
how many rocks could a crocodile kroc if a crocodile could kroc rocks?
You know you can just report your post and request it be deleted? Might be a good idea in case you submit something you didn't intend to.

EDIT: Never mind, you edited your post so this bit doesn't make sense~

Many rocks. Especially if it's a Rockroc.

Incidentally, I miss Rockroc. That was one of the most tense moments I've ever seen in a vidya. K. Rool really had some krazy krocs under his kruel kommand. Even more reason for Retro to get kreative with the Kutthroat Krew's kast!

Now I'm imagining that as a Smash Run enemy and it's beautiful...~

Last edited:
In which the only move that can beat him in Smash Run is DK's handslap. :troll:
but only for the japanese version of smash run,in the american version when you see a rockkroc you are dead ,unless you are playing k rool then you can make the rockkroc do your bidding but only for k rool,and if you are using the mii costume of k rool then the rock kroc hits you twice as hard

EDIT: as for bellboys masterpiece...spread it everywhere you can,this needs to be seen by more than just us.
and when the detractors see it their eyes will melt because it was to beutifull for them to handle
they will go "k rool? krool? krool? MY EYES"

Last edited:

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
Oh, also, @bellboy64

Your amazing art is now my phone wallpaper. Thought you should know.

TropicalBreeze

Smash Apprentice
Croc fact of the day #lolwhocares: The captive population of Chinese alligators is roughly 20 times larger than the wild population of about 500 animals. They're so common in captivity because they are pretty prolific, stay relatively small, have rather agreeable temperaments, and the Chinese government realized that the gators were on the way out and started mass-breeding them for reintroduction. The reasons they're so rare in the wild is collection for folk medicine and incredibly small patches of suitable habitat. They bred all these gators, looked around for a place to put them, and the <5 places places they found filled up pretty fast. So, the breeders put on their most sheepish smiles and said "hey, zoos and pet trade? You guys want some alligators?"

Last edited:

Raxxel

NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
I'm gonna miss Croc Fact of the Day. I'm always excited for every new one, it's like Sakurai's Pic of the Day.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Thats just off the charts of amazing art work

I fee like this should go around the boards if the king gets confirmed playable from the ballot direct in a few days after the ballot ends

(Theres no direct im just saying its pretty easy to tell they'res going to be one for each winner.)

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
So I may've been wrong about K. Rool, something tells me that we're getting four characters, three of which I've decided on were, Shovel Knight, Bandana Dee, and Wolf, but I'm puzzled as to who the last character could be. It could either be K. Rool (because of his immense popularity), Dixie Kong, the Inklings, Paper Mario, or even Captain Toad. It's very possible that it could be K. Rool.

dangeraaron10

Smash Master
I guess we'll find out soon. I'd be fine with any combination of characters as long as K. Rool is among them.

Edit: I have this mental image of K. Rool and the Inklings being allies, both of them having detractors saying their respective Mii Costumes are keeping them out of the fight. If either one makes it in then that rule is debunked. (even if already should considering Samus, Fox, Captain Falcon, etc.)

Last edited:

Spatman

Smash Ace
as a lover of DKC series (in particular the first 2 chapters), the best dlc possible for me would be a DKC bundle with K Rool and DIxie Kong.
I'm thinking that probably all we fans of these 2 characters, when we expressed our vote, would have mentioned the other character too, in the description

dangeraaron10

Smash Master
as a lover of DKC series (in particular the first 2 chapters), the best dlc possible for me would be a DKC bundle with K Rool and DIxie Kong.
I'm thinking that probably all we fans of these 2 characters, when we expressed our vote, would have mentioned the other character too, in the description
I think most Kutthroats here agree that the best case scenario would be to have a Donkey Kong Country bundle featuring King K. Rool and Dixie Kong as DLC fighters with the Gangplank Galleon (or Flying Krock) stage, and maybe some other DK goodies like a Cranky or Rambi AT and more trophies. It would be for me anyway. DK really needs this love letter.

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
I picked up a few Amiibos today, including completing the Mii Fighter trio (they're sold singly over here), and I had a bit of fun applying a pirate theme to my Mii Sword Fighter;

I went with the Pirate Outfit and the King K. Rool Hat. :grin: I think it turned out rather well!

But speaking of things that went way, way beyond merely coming out "rather well"...

This is a true masterpiece. As several others have said at this point, it's the best K. Rool fan-art I've ever seen, and I dare say will probably ever see.

Echoing what Wintropy Wintropy said, it represents everything that K. Rool is more than words can. You've just captured everything, and it's astounding.

I really love how every little detail shines, right down to Donkey Kong Land's Game Over screen on the Game Boy, there - what a brilliant bit of symbolism!

I don't suppose you're planning to put this on shirts as well, are you...? :grin:

EDIT: Oh, wow! Congratulations on getting the image posted on GoNintendo, too! :bee:

Last edited:

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Just...wow, this is a true masterpiece. Your hard work on this is so evident through virtually every detail. Whether we win or lose, everyone here ought to not just praise your work (this and Gators Gonna Gate), but thank you for it.

This is blowing up on Twitter right now, with Sakurai, Retro, Michael Kelbaugh and a few others getting personally notified every single one of the 100+ times someone interacts with the tweet. Thousands and thousands of eyes will see this. We're surfing such a high wave right now among DK, Smash and Nintendo fans at large, and thanks in large part to your efforts, even if it doesn't net us anything within Smash, it's going to bring our character back sooner rather than later. This is the perfect high note on what has been a trying, sometimes turbulent six months of ballot campaigning.

Thank you.

Last edited:

dangeraaron10

Smash Master
Just...wow, this is a true masterpiece. Your hard work on this is so evident through virtually every detail. Whether we win or lose, everyone here ought to not just praise your work (this and Gators Gonna Gate), but thank you for it.

This is blowing up on Twitter right now, with Sakurai, Retro, Michael Kelbaugh and a few others getting personally notified every single one of the 100+ times someone interacts with the tweet. Thousands and thousands of eyes will see this. We're surfing such a high wave right now among DK, Smash and Nintendo fans at large, and thanks in large part to your efforts, even if it doesn't net us anything within Smash, it's going to bring our character back sooner rather than later.

Thank you.
What he just said. Thank you for all your hard work @bellboy64

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend

This is blowing up on Twitter right now, with Sakurai, Retro, Michael Kelbaugh and a few others getting personally notified every single one of the 100+ times someone interacts with the tweet. Thousands and thousands of eyes will see this. We're surfing such a high wave right now among DK, Smash and Nintendo fans at large, and thanks in large part to your efforts, even if it doesn't net us anything within Smash, it's going to bring our character back sooner rather than later. This is the perfect high note on what has been a trying, sometimes turbulent six months of ballot campaigning.

Thank you.
These are my words as well

Which is why i feel that this should be spread around twitter/facebook/and more

And especiall here on smash boards (excluding character support threads)

Raxxel

NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
If it wasn't evident yet, I am extremely grateful for your art, @bellboy64 . Thank you!

SuperSmashSean

Smash Journeyman
What I mean is that if Etika's fans decide who is gonna win the ballot, then we'd be doomed with Shrek and Goku (DBZ not Yuyuki).
Ohh ok thanks! Well if it was _______ fans deciding the ballot, they'd put in ____ himself and lenny face in before Shrek and Goku.

This is the greatest fan art I have ever seen period. Zooming in to see all the detail and work that was put into this masterpiece still doesn't give it enough praise. The effort really shows and you should be proud of it. Whether we win or lose, made a monkey out of or get our finest hour, we can look back on this and see why we came to support the king in the first place.

You have real talent for making this beautiful piece, and I will remember it for as long as I am a kutthroat. I thank you.

It looks awesome! This should be K. Rool's official illustration (or whatever it's called) if he gets in.
Second this.

Talpr1

Smash Journeyman
I must congratulate with @bellboy64 too, your artwork is absolutely amazing; it perfectly showcases King K. Rool's legacy and is just a treat to watch. I can't describe with words how marvelous it just is.

InASnowBoundLand

Smash Lord
Excellent artwork, @bellboy64 . From a technical/composition standpoint and as a K. Rool/DK fan. Reminds me of Cranky's Museum in DKC2, so many different things to see. If only it was Rare K. Rool!!! But I know you like Paon's better...

EnthusedPanda

Smash Journeyman
Any hungry krocs in here?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TpQq253tbMg&feature=youtu.be

Feast. Skeptically.

It's fake but come on we need stuff

Edit: To try and stay relevant, what tone of voice do you think The Announcer might speak in when announcing K. Rool's selection? Low and menacing (Ganondorf, Bowser), steady and prideful (King Dedede), perhaps something more aloof or even borderline silly? I've been thinking about it a lot lately.

Last edited:

Kroconut

Smash Cadet
@bellboy64 Oh man, where do I begin, THIS artwork is indeed the finest I've ever seen. Thank you so much for your hard work, it is EXPLODING. PERFECT way to end the Ballot

Llort A. Ton

Smash Lord
NNID
GamerGuy758
3DS FC
0731-5017-6481
Switch FC
SW 1185 9411 4529
Job well done, @bellboy64, your artwork is outstanding. I'm surprised you're not a super popular fan artist yet, the small details add a lot to the picture! Its also great knowing the ballot will end with attention on K. Rool, as this image definitely be spread across the internet, and especially into the eyes of Nintendo, Retro, and Sakurai.

Top Bottom