• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

ThePhenomTaker

Smash Cadet
The Kremlings: tomorrow is our king's last vote at the ballot and then it ends on october 3rd saturday we are rooting for you Real King K.Rool we hope you'll be chosen from the ballot results also i don't want our King to be pushed away by indie characters or anything else that'll make him lose but he will someday come back into the Donkey Kong Country series that is if they can stop coming up with more new enemies and new Villains we just need our King Back where he Rightfully belongs

can someone with a reddit account reply to this guy for me
https://www.reddit.com/r/nintendo/comments/3n57tj/fan_spends_months_working_on_a_fanart_tribute_to/

he said this "That's really cool! Honestly though, I was a big fan of DKC, but don't get the massive fan hype behind K.Rool... He's kind of just Donkey Kong's Bowser, nothing really stands out to me about his character. I dunno."

can someone tell him the diffrences between k rool and bowser such as how k rool slowly descends into insanity,doesnt repeat the same plan over and over again,his abilities such as invisibility,etc

i would go into great detail and reply to him on reddit but im a little busy at the moment so if someone could cook something up that would be nice,and if you dont have a reddit account and want to come up with something just reply to me what you have to say and i will tell him on reddit

thank you

EDIT: who ever copy pasted what i said and told him...that actually made me laugh. its not what i meant but good job anyway :)

Last edited:

EnthusedPanda

Smash Journeyman
can someone with a reddit account reply to this guy for me
https://www.reddit.com/r/nintendo/comments/3n57tj/fan_spends_months_working_on_a_fanart_tribute_to/

he said this "That's really cool! Honestly though, I was a big fan of DKC, but don't get the massive fan hype behind K.Rool... He's kind of just Donkey Kong's Bowser, nothing really stands out to me about his character. I dunno."

can someone tell him the diffrences between k rool and bowser such as how k rool slowly descends into insanity,doesnt repeat the same plan over and over again,his abilities such as invisibility,etc

i would go into great detail and reply to him on reddit but im a little busy at the moment so if someone could cook something up that would be nice,and if you dont have a reddit account and want to come up with something just reply to me what you have to say and i will tell him on reddit

thank you

EDIT: who ever copy pasted what i said and told him...that actually made me laugh. its not what i meant but good job anyway :)
I pitched in to try and help you out man.

I know this gif is getting old.
Wow... just wow. Seriously, bellboy64 bellboy64 and Zombie Saurian Zombie Saurian , great jobs for your glorious arts. You showed well the awesomeness of our glorious King!
i know right,today was a great day for the kutthroats.
but try and save some fanart for tomorrow since its the last day of the ballot,we got to keep the hype train rolling steady so if anybody gots something up their sleeve save it for tomorrow

and thank you bellboy64 for the tips and all the awesome content you have been coming up with,you inspired me to make better drawings so again thank you!

Last edited:

bellboy64

Smash Journeyman
I know this gif is getting old.
Wow... just wow. Seriously, bellboy64 bellboy64 and Zombie Saurian Zombie Saurian , great jobs for your glorious arts. You showed well the awesomeness of our glorious King!
Dude, I know you mean well but I can't help but feel a bit down after you post something like that. I can try my hardest, give it my all but...I can't compete with perfection. With true beauty.

It's all ogre for me.

Bananija

Count of Trickery
Dude, I know you mean well but I can't help but feel a bit down after you post something like that. I can try my hardest, give it my all but...I can't compete with perfection. With true beauty.

It's all ogre for me.
Sure, we can all agree that K.Rool is one handsome kroc, but you can always say to yourself that you represented is perfection in the best humanly possible way.

Last edited:

Zombie Saurian

Smash Journeyman
Bellboy's illustration not only captures the pure essence of K. Rool (And DK), it's gotten our follower count up to 996 on Twitter and is the single most popular image we've ever posted. Congrats bellboy64 bellboy64 !!

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Well, I have done some more voting for the king today. Almost done all that I can right now.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I must say, that fanart is amazing.

bellboy64

Smash Journeyman
Just...wow, this is a true masterpiece. Your hard work on this is so evident through virtually every detail. Whether we win or lose, everyone here ought to not just praise your work (this and Gators Gonna Gate), but thank you for it.

This is blowing up on Twitter right now, with Sakurai, Retro, Michael Kelbaugh and a few others getting personally notified every single one of the 100+ times someone interacts with the tweet. Thousands and thousands of eyes will see this. We're surfing such a high wave right now among DK, Smash and Nintendo fans at large, and thanks in large part to your efforts, even if it doesn't net us anything within Smash, it's going to bring our character back sooner rather than later. This is the perfect high note on what has been a trying, sometimes turbulent six months of ballot campaigning.

Thank you.
That's really lovely of you, BKupa.

I'd like to return those sentiments by saying a big thank you to you, sir. If you hadn't spearheaded the kampaign in the relentless and passionate way you have done I doubt I would have had made anything like this. It's safe to you say you inspired me in some way and as a result this not only is it literally the greatest piece of work I've yet completed, it's also the one that has garnered the most exposure.

I was blown away by the Twitter response I saw your post of my work getting retweets from Playtonic, Grant Kirkhope and Steve Mayles (tremendous honour) among countless others. I got it featured on Gonintendo, I posted it on my own Facebook page and got a nice response with a few likes from old school friends whom I've long lost contact with.

I'm not big on social media you see. I've always been cautious/scared and a lazy on it due to Asperger's Syndrome (I know that condition apparently doesn't "exist" on it own terms anymore in the States* but here in the UK it's recognised) so I don't publicly share my work often.
So this has been a greater deal for me than you could ever know. Seriously.

*I had heard the Medical Journal either dropped it or reclassed it on the Autism thing. Which is bizarre to me. I was in my late teens when I got diagnosed. It's really hard to detect and it is quite debilitating socially. It can be hellish to live with, it's not fair to downplay it. I'm better than I was 5 years ago but I cannot speak for other sufferers.

I've been a little rabid since this morning. I was excited and nervous... and most of America was most likely not up yet.
I've checked the logs. I started this image almost a full year ago. (It's been on and off work, taking breaks and such)...

I'm exceptionally humbled by the response, I'm glad to finally be done and am ecstatic for the future.
I'll be here to the end. #BringBackKRool !

Last edited:
That's really lovely of you, BKupa.

I'd like to return those sentiments by saying a big thank you to you, sir. If you hadn't spearheaded the kampaign in the relentless and passionate way you have done I doubt I would have had made anything like this. It's safe to you say you inspired me in some way and as a result this not only is it literally the greatest piece of work I've yet completed, it's also the one that has garnered the most exposure.

I was blown away by the Twitter response I saw your post of my work getting retweets from Playtonic, Grant Kirkhope and Steve Mayles (tremendous honour) among countless others. I got it featured on Gonintendo, I posted it on my own Facebook page and got a nice response with a few likes from old school friends whom I've long lost contact with.

I'm not big on social media you see. I've always been cautious/scared and a lazy on it due to Asperger's Syndrome (I know that condition apparently doesn't "exist" on it own terms anymore in the States* but here in the UK it's recognised) so I don't publicly share my work often.
So this has been a greater deal for me than you could ever know. Seriously.

*I had heard the Medical Journal either dropped it or reclassed it on the Autism thing. Which is bizarre to me. I was in my late teens when I got diagnosed. It's really hard to detect and it is quite debilitating socially. It can be hellish to live with, it's not fair to downplay it. I'm better than I was 5 years ago but I cannot speak for other sufferers.

I've been a little rabid since this morning. I was excited and nervous... and most of America was most likely not up yet.
I've checked the logs. I started this image almost a full year ago. (It's been on and off work, taking breaks and such)...

I'm exceptionally humbled by the response, I'm glad to finally be done and am ecstatic for the future.
I'll be here to the end. #BringBackKRool !
you are brave to admit that. i have something to say aswell

i have a severe anxiety condition,i end up going to the hospital at least once every month.
my body starts to tingle everywhere sorta like the needle sensation when your leg falls asleep but 10 times worse,and when i have a really bad anxiety attack my body starts to seize up and i cant move as if im paralyzed...i can litteraly feel my internal organs go numb,i feel my body shutting down around me and theres nothing i can do about it....its a very horrible expeirience and thats the reason why i have not made any new fanart and why i was gone for 2 months

i like to visit these threads not only because of supporting k rool but also because it feels good to interact with other people and be a part of something.

but enough of all that,you should feel proud of your artwork because if you ask me its the best k rool artwork created to date.
you inspired me to make my drawings,and have been providing wonderfull fanart to us,im glad to have you as a fellow kutthroat

keep doing what you do and dont change and thank you for everything.

EDIT:and i posted your artwork everywhere i could on reddit,and so far everyone likes it...i have not gotten any negative responses. so for reddit i got you covered

Last edited:

Llort A. Ton

Smash Lord
NNID
GamerGuy758
3DS FC
0731-5017-6481
Switch FC
SW 1185 9411 4529
Well, you don't need to ask anyone here twice that your year of effort was certainly worth it! It does seem nerve wracking, spending a year working on a piece of art and presenting it to the Internet (Which is nearly always the land of harsh/nonsensical criticisms), but your work has impressed K. Rool fans not just here, but across the web, and I'm sure the guys at Playtonic are definitely proud of your work. Thanks again for the great fan art (And everyone else presenting their final art works!), us Kutthroats are really going out with a bang because of all of this impressive fan art we've been seeing the past couple of days.

Travix Man

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TravixMan
Guess who thinks K. Rool will make it now?

oinkers12

Smash Apprentice
I don't believe that Tamaki guy about anything. I like that he's now supporting K. Rool, but I'm taking everything he says with a grain of salt. His stuff about Shovel Knight has been basically logically debunked (and quite convenient because he announced it right when PAX came out). However, since he does have a large following, this Tweet does a lot for exposure.

Other than this, I love the Fan art on this thread! There has been animations, beautiful art, remixes, and more, coming from one of the friendliest forums I have ever been on! #KroctheVote

Morbi

Scavenger
To be fair, you could potentially construe the text to be providing an example of a Nintendo character, rather than an example of who he believes to be likely.

Llort A. Ton

Smash Lord
NNID
GamerGuy758
3DS FC
0731-5017-6481
Switch FC
SW 1185 9411 4529
"Shrek is more likely than K. Rool''- Tamaki, a mere few weeks ago, just before the SK amiibo was revealed. I guess his ''insider sources'' have found a K. Rool amiibo being listed at stores? :p But a K. Rool would be kool, don't get me wrong

KawaiiPiranha

Smash Journeyman
I retweeted that awesome K.Rool art to my few thousand twitter followers. I hope it helps.
I feel like I annoy them with K.Rool spam sometimes so I probably won't do it again haha.

Also I wasn't trying to be show-offy by saying I have a few thousand twitter followers. I was just trying to say that I tried to do my part to spread the word. Hopefully I got at least a few people to vote for him over the last few months.

Last edited:

bellboy64

Smash Journeyman
you are brave to admit that. i have something to say aswell

i have a severe anxiety condition,i end up going to the hospital at least once every month.
my body starts to tingle everywhere sorta like the needle sensation when your leg falls asleep but 10 times worse,and when i have a really bad anxiety attack my body starts to seize up and i cant move as if im paralyzed...i can litteraly feel my internal organs go numb,i feel my body shutting down around me and theres nothing i can do about it....its a very horrible expeirience and thats the reason why i have not made any new fanart and why i was gone for 2 months

i like to visit these threads not only because of supporting k rool but also because it feels good to interact with other people and be a part of something.

but enough of all that,you should feel proud of your artwork because if you ask me its the best k rool artwork created to date.
you inspired me to make my drawings,and have been providing wonderfull fanart to us,im glad to have you as a fellow kutthroat

keep doing what you do and dont change and thank you for everything.

EDIT:and i posted you artwork everywhere i could on reddit,and so far everyone likes it...i have not gotten any negative responses. so for reddit i got you covered
Huh. Yowza. Have you been diagnosed with anything in particular? (PM me if you'd prefer not to say here)
Sounds serious. Are OK now?

It's not really a case of bravery for me. Asperger's isn't something you "cure". Like my arthritis it's going to be with me for the rest of my life. I long stopped caring about internet public disdain because at the end of the day I'm a blip to them. An afterthought. They may never meet me in person ever. If they wanna be jerks let them be jerks- but I'll be damned if I'm going to live in their narrow view of the world.
I have my own tastes and my own desires. I look out for #1. Life's too short to be worrying all the time. I try to be a good, decent person from day to day and that's enough for me.

And thanks for the Reddit posts. I saw one you posted earlier; much obliged, my friend.

Last edited:

PKFreeze89

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Scizor711
3DS FC
4742-5952-7792
I think after that horrid Mii Fighter costume incident, K. Rool lost the top spot to Isaac or the Inklings.

I hope he gets in.

Kitty-chan

Happy Pyromaniac Neko
3DS FC
1203-9800-8781
Nyaa~ Tomorrow's the final day nya! If you support or want to see K. Rool in smash then vote nya! Cause if you don't, "we" will find you nya, and when we do nya... we'll turn you into K. Rool's favorite ice-cream dish nya!

Only good image I could fine on google nyaaa~ :nifty:

Kaptain K. Roolenstein

Smash Apprentice
I've been very quiet recently but I gotta say this thread has just been positively amazing. Props to everyone! From how BKupa666 has been leading the Kampaign to bellboy64 and Zombie Saurian's amazing pieces of art that has been catching a lot of eyes. Simply beautiful. TropicalBreeze's croc facts of the day is an enjoyably educative way to countdown the days left of the ballot during what (for me) could've been a stressful time. Seriously, it feels amazing to be a part of a group this dedicated to their cause and happen to be very nice and understanding. I feel even if we lose the ballot, we have made our voices heard to the point that the King's future is far brighter than ever.

P.S. by the way, I know it was long ago but I never got to say thanks for the yeahs.
https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYMHAAACAAADVHkX6rvY2A

P.S.S Woot 100th post!

Last edited:
Huh. Yowza. Have you been diagnosed with anything in particular? (PM me if you'd prefer not to say here)
Sounds serious. Are OK now?

It's not really a case of bravery for me. Asperger's isn't something you "cure". Like my arthritis it's going to be with me for the rest of my life. I long stopped caring about internet public disdain because at the end of the day I'm a blip to them. An afterthought. They may never meet me in person ever. If they wanna be jerks let them be jerks- but I'll be damned if I'm going to live in their narrow view of the world.
I have my own tastes and my own desires. I look out for #1. Life's too short to be worrying all the time. I try to be a good, decent person from day to day and that's enough for me.

And thanks for the Reddit posts. I saw one you posted earlier; much obliged, my friend.
they checked me for everything when i was in the hospital,everything came up negative and my doctor diagnosed me with anxiety disorder and he prescribed me zanax which helps a little bit but not that much.

im basicly at a point to where i dont leave the house,the farthest i go is the cornfield in my backyard,sometimes i cause my anxiety attacks by worrying/thinking too much about something but most of the time they come and go randomly.

but dont worry about me im doing fine,and im fighting my condition every day until i become myself again and im not giving up even though it is scary i will keep fighting...i dont know if this has anything to do with it but i had alot of depression before i got anxiety.

but as i said before dont worry im doing better each day. thank you for you concern though.

Last edited:

BowserK.Rool

Smash Champion
I just checked the list of followers for our kremling kampaign and it looks like Nintendo Of America is now following us too.

Edit: Ignore this post, it was a fake account.

Last edited:
Top Bottom