• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

MandoBardanJusik

Smash Ace
You guys got it all wrong, K.Rool wouldn't be a Bowser clone, he would be a heavier bigger Little Mac clone as Krusha K.Rool with 2 changed specials being his neutral B being his Glove toss, his down B being the ground pound, and his final smash being him growing in size and then fading in and out of visibility

Yes this is a joke, I am not Kroc-shamed, actually now that I think about it, would be hilarious to see one of our sketch artists mock this up with Krusha K.Rool being a Falcondorf style clone of Little Mac, that would be a fun counterpoint to he's obviously a Bowser clone XD

Last edited:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
No biggie! I didn't mean for it to sound mean.:sadeyes:
Just wanted to answer your question! :seuss:
It's all good. Thanks for answering, by the way. Hopefully, they will announce some more content with the update tomorrow.

Last edited:

dangeraaron10

Smash Master
The update is coming soon. In merely a day from now (my time at least). I hope we get some sort of announcement that a New Content Coming video is going to happen.

G-Guy

Smash Ace
NNID
G-Guy1990
tomorrow sure will be interesting...

if new character/announcement or not, we can at the very least look forward to an awesome new stage

ShinyRegice

Smash Lord
Still no news about the update even though two days ago I would have fully expected to get them as of yesterday... I'm tired of waiting to learn more about it. We can't just get the SMM stage without even Mii costumes, right?

petrichorcandle

Smash Cadet
>comes october 3rd
>ballot page taken down
>no annoucement of winners
>sakurai: thank you for voting
>we will now tally the votes
>hasn't chosen the winners
>hasn't started developing the characters
>development team on long service leave
"please allow an additional 12 months for character development".

sakurai: "have a happy holiday and safe christmas! :)"

some more trolling for you guys to ease the tension :)

Last edited:

petrichorcandle

Smash Cadet
envision this scary but also possible scenario

>comes october 3rd
>k. rool konfirmed
>first must perform system update
>system update bricks wii u
>rushes to nearest gaming store

"sorry wii u is out of stock"

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
envision this scary but also possible scenario

>comes october 3rd
>k. rool konfirmed
>first must perform system update
>system update bricks wii u
>rushes to nearest gaming store

"sorry wii u is out of stock"
That's not possible actually, since the Wii U has been selling like crap lol. Just getting K. Rool in the game would be a sigh of relief for many people, whether they plan to buy him or not. Also, all DLC is available on 3DS and Wii U.

Last edited:

Banjo-Kazooie

Smash Ace
NNID
Burudiman
3DS FC
2492-5021-9705
>"I have my 3DS with Smash Bros. still, I can play with K. Rool there"
>3DS falls from butterfingers and breaks
>"Well, I'll just watch some streams and videos with K. Rool while I get a new console to play"
>Internet dies
>"At least its not raining"
>Gorilla with a tie breaks in and beats you up

petrichorcandle

Smash Cadet
I would be in tears but also laughing at the same time.

>comes october 3rd
>k rool konfirmed...
>...for metroid federation force

Back to being serious, what are everyone's thoughts on this issue. Do you think we will receive information about ballot winners immediately? Do you think development has actually started on the ballot characters?

Last edited by a moderator:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Back to being serious, what are everyone's thoughts on this issue. Do you think we will receive information about ballot winners immediately? Do you think development has actually started on the ballot characters?
I think they have at least already started some. Will we get them announced immediately? We'll see.

petrichorcandle

Smash Cadet
User was warned for this post
Either way, hoping that the ballot finalists are released to the public, so even if a character does not get in at least Sakurai wasn't denying their popularity.

Doesn't it say something on the ballot page about your votes potentially being made public?

Last edited by a moderator:

Banjo-Kazooie

Smash Ace
NNID
Burudiman
3DS FC
2492-5021-9705
Like many, I think we should get something more than a Mario Maker stage, after all these months since the last patch. Unless Sakurai and the Smash team decided to take a vacation while the ballot ended. Which I guess I couldn't blame them for needing the R&R.
And counting votes shouldn't take more than a week tops, unless Sakurai decided to read each vote personally or something crazy like that. Though, indeed, someone must be reading the votes: and they might pick the best ones for the character that won the ballot to publish somewhere.

One last thing P petrichorcandle I believe its better to avoid posting more than once consecutively. Im not a mod nor I know the rules. So I can only advice you to edit you post if you have something to add next time.

petrichorcandle

Smash Cadet
Like many, I think we should get something more than a Mario Maker stage, after all these months since the last patch. Unless Sakurai and the Smash team decided to take a vacation while the ballot ended. Which I guess I couldn't blame them for needing the R&R.
And counting votes shouldn't take more than a week tops, unless Sakurai decided to read each vote personally or something crazy like that. Though, indeed, someone must be reading the votes: and they might pick the best ones for the character that won the ballot to publish somewhere.

One last thing P petrichorcandle I believe its better to avoid posting more than once consecutively. Im not a mod nor I know the rules. So I can only advice you to edit you post if you have something to add next time.
mmmmmm indeed that is how I feel. But surely they would have an automated program that keeps track of the votes? Okay, thanks for the heads up. Ahh the struggles of being an internet troll :(

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
I didn't suggest the thread title, I just hijacked the occasion with a (godawful) parody of Europe's "The Final KCountdown".

How many replays of "Finest Hour" do you want to bet will be played if K. Rool is konfirmed?

I'm gonna say...

One, two, many, lots. ;3

Joeyd123

Smash Ace
If there is anything besides the mario maker stage do you guys think it will be announced today?

did you take art class or did you just learn everything on your own over time?
the reason i say that is because its sooo good....i know you want honesty with flaws and stuff instead of praise but i honestly cant find anything to complain about because its perfect. maybe in your future you can be an art teacher or something.

keep up the great work and when its finished lets spread it around like the plague.
cant wait to see the final product

Last edited:

bellboy64

Smash Journeyman
its sooo good....i know you want honesty with flaws and stuff but i honestly cant find anything to complain about because its perfect. maybe in your future you can be an art teacher or something.

keep up the great work and when its finished lets spread it around like the plague.
Thank you very much, man. That's really nice of you to say. :)

Edit: Learnt over time. I've drawn for as long as I could hold a pencil pretty much and got better and better over the years.
I did a life drawing class as part of my university course but that's about it really. :/

Later in life (I'm 26 right now) I decided to become more serious about my work. I set myself a philosophy of sorts to live by in regards to my artwork, to push myself a little more and be bolder, and eventually it became the norm for me. You can see the results.

Last edited:

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
Well; still nothing new from the Japanese Smash Bros Twitter or Sakurai. I am however, still hoping for an update from them later today.

Last edited:
NNID
Ridleylash
3DS FC
1736-1657-3905
They're not going to blow their big announcements quickly, though; they're probably going to drag this out so they have time to work on modeling and texturing the ballot's winner(s)' model(s) and hype up the fanbase.

Which I suspect means we may not get a big announcement regarding the Ballot until November, at the earliest.

Last edited:

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Alrighty mateys

If we are getting for than the stage today, sakurai or nintendo should post on twitter or whatever to watch the mini smash direct at a certain time.

And they'res 4 more days so its time for.....

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
bellboy64 bellboy64 - I've got to echo what Dudery and FAITH forever Dudery and FAITH forever said, here. Your artwork really is superb, and I can't pick out anything wrong with it, either!

Seeing it is actually part of what's inspired me to make an effort to improve my own art, of late; My style is very cartoony, and I've been using a combination of New Art Academy and Pokemon Art Academy on the 3DS to improve, and to un-learn some lazy bad habits that I picked up when I was a kid. Apart from one joint DK/Kirby-inspired piece, I've mainly posted it over in the Bandana Waddle Dee thread, though. :p

So, yes, thankyou for the inspiration. :)

I did laugh at K. Rool's trophy having knocked over DK's Amiibo, by the way - it was fun scrolling down the page and seeing the progress on that part of the picture! Keep it up. :grin:

bellboy64

Smash Journeyman
bellboy64 bellboy64 - I've got to echo what Dudery and FAITH forever Dudery and FAITH forever said, here. Your artwork really is superb, and I can't pick out anything wrong with it, either!

Seeing it is actually part of what's inspired me to make an effort to improve my own art, of late; My style is very cartoony, and I've been using a combination of New Art Academy and Pokemon Art Academy on the 3DS to improve, and to un-learn some lazy bad habits that I picked up when I was a kid. Apart from one joint DK/Kirby-inspired piece, I've mainly posted it over in the Bandana Waddle Dee thread, though. :p

So, yes, thankyou for the inspiration. :)

I did laugh at K. Rool's trophy having knocked over DK's Amiibo, by the way - it was fun scrolling down the page and seeing the progress on that part of the picture! Keep it up. :grin:
Huh. That's pretty cool to hear. You're welcome. :)

(Do you have a dA page or something you can link me? I'm curious to see your work.)

Btw, the DK amiibo thing, as my "caption" suggests it's meant to be a kind of symbolic of K. Rool's victory (or Dk's defeat).
Like the King in a chess game knocked over.
I thought it would be fun to make it a little meta/make it reflect current times. (I used my own amiibo as reference... I had bought it mainly so my inevitable K. Rool amiibo will have his match)

Talpr1

Smash Journeyman
I just hope that the next wave of DLC doesn't bring costumes based on other first party big names on the ballot such as Isaac or Dee. It would give more ground to the "consolation prize" theory and be awful for both us and the other character unfortunate enough to get this treatment.

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
(Do you have a dA page or something you can link me? I'm curious to see your work.)
No, I don't. I'll drop you a PM with the links I've posted around here, shortly, though, so as not to go off-topic here. :)

Btw, the DK amiibo thing, as my "caption" suggests it's meant to be a kind of symbolic of K. Rool's victory (or Dk's defeat).
Like the King in a chess game knocked over.
I thought it would be fun to make it a little meta/make it reflect current times. (I used my own amiibo as reference... I had bought it mainly so my inevitable K. Rool amiibo will have his match)
That's why I love it so much. The symbolism just works so well!

Welshy91

Smash Ace
Just kicked my boss off his computer to vote again. I encourage all of you to rise against your superiors and use their computers to sling another vote K. Rool's way.

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
Just kicked my boss off his computer to vote again. I encourage all of you to rise against your superiors and use their computers to sling another vote K. Rool's way.
Why oh why did I read this whilst imagining a boss in the fashion of one of K. Rool's fights? :laugh:

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
To be honest, if other fan-voted frontrunners were revealed as costumes, I think it'd reflect well on K. Rool's chances.

"Hey, Nintendo decided to make every big candidate into a costume and--

WAIT A MINUTE."

As (un-)subtle as Sakurai can be, mind you, I don't think he'd go in for that. ;3

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
The freak-out would be real if a Wolf costume was made.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
The freak-out would be real if a Wolf costume was made.
I think Wolf is the only one they WOULDN'T make, because he's a veteran.

To be honest, if other fan-voted frontrunners were revealed as costumes, I think it'd reflect well on K. Rool's chances.

"Hey, Nintendo decided to make every big candidate into a costume and--

WAIT A MINUTE."

As (un-)subtle as Sakurai can be, mind you, I don't think he'd go in for that. ;3
I agree. If most of the top rated newcomers get in as Mii Fighters, something is wrong, because then who are they going to add as DLC?

BowserK.Rool

Smash Champion
I think Wolf is the only one they WOULDN'T make, because he's a veteran.

I agree. If most of the top rated newcomers get in as Mii Fighters, something is wrong, because then who are they going to add as DLC?
Then again, meta knight.

Pink gold dark palutena and pit.

Top Bottom