• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

MandoBardanJusik

Smash Ace
I just saw something interesting pointed out: the Smash maintenance is an hour and a half long. With every stages only, or stages with Tournament mode only took a 20 minute maintenance period. Mewtwo took a little over a hour maintenance, last time there was an hour and half long period in conjunction with a DLC release was the 3 E3 characters.

Looks like we're in for at least one character this week! or the data at least. I think our King has great chances

dangeraaron10

Smash Master
I just saw something interesting pointed out: the Smash maintenance is an hour and a half long. With every stages only, or stages with Tournament mode only took a 20 minute maintenance period. Mewtwo took a little over a hour maintenance, last time there was an hour and half long period in conjunction with a DLC release was the 3 E3 characters.

Looks like we're in for at least one character this week! or the data at least. I think our King has great chances
We can only hope! So excited.

MandoBardanJusik

Smash Ace
Since I keep getting quoted on this

I may as well give credit and link the guy over on Neogaf who I paraphrased(and I said I did, but may as well give credit where it's due)
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=180177190&postcount=12970

Morbi

Scavenger
Since I keep getting quoted on this

I may as well give credit and link the guy over on Neogaf who I paraphrased(and I said I did, but may as well give credit where it's due)
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=180177190&postcount=12970
It is an interesting prospect; however, at the same time, the Super Mario Maker stage seems fairly complex. I would not be surprised to see a character, but at the same time, we do not fully comprehend what goes on during maintenance or why certain aspects of the game take longer to update than others, or if they even do. Not only that, but previous stages were ports or the Miiverse stage which is vaguely reminiscent of Battlefield. I remember that the last time maintenance was telegraphed, someone on Reddit tried to justify that we would get more content. It just seems like, deja vu?

MandoBardanJusik

Smash Ace
It is an interesting prospect; however, at the same time, the Super Mario Maker stage seems fairly complex. I would not be surprised to see a character, but at the same time, we do not fully comprehend what goes on during maintenance or why certain aspects of the game take longer to update than others, or if they even do. Not only that, but previous stages were ports or the Miiverse stage which is vaguely reminiscent of Battlefield. I remember that the last time maintenance was telegraphed, someone on Reddit tried to justify that we would get more content. It just seems like, deja vu?
Tournament mode, which is far more complex than a stage only took a 20 minute maintenance period. Also SMM stage is still just a map, it's complexity is actually no more than the NSMB stage already in game or any scrolling stage

love smash is doing another poll guys! Ya know what to do now ;) vote it up!

https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/PLDBXHH
fan polls dont matter at this point, the actual ballot is what matters right now but i voted anyway for the king,plus fan polls can be fun so why not,thanks for the link.

in other news wayforward tweeted about there only being 6 days left for the ballot asking for people to vote for shantae which raises a question.

if they were making shantae dlc wouldnt nintendo have contacted wayforward about it already? which in turn would mean that wayforward wouldnt be asking for votes because they would know that shantae is in the game already. but yet they are asking for votes which makes me think that sadly shantae may not be 1 of the winners.

unless they are waiting till october 3rd to choose the winners then tell the company's about it(which i doubt,i think they chose the winners already and have been working on them)

i mean they have to have been working on something this whole time....like imagine october 3rd comes and they say "thank you for your votes on the smash ballot,we are now choosing the winners and will start working on them right away....expect them by next spring" i doubt they would do that

also someone should make a big list of all the "krool" things we have accomplished,that way if he does not make it we have something to be happy and proud about,and if he does then we have a handy dandy list of our accomplishments along the way :)

Last edited:

ShinyRegice

Smash Lord
While I doubt it will happen tomorrow could potentially be a great day for us. News about the 1.1.0 update (alongside what started the debacle we're all aware off) were revealed through the SmashBrosJP Twitter page two days before the update actually came, which means it's not unreasonable to expect news tomorrow, two days before September 30th when the update is set to happen. We could get a character reveal, or we may not, and if we get one it's unfortunately likely that it won't be through a livestream such as a Direct.

I'm going to leave the SmashBrosJP Twitter page window open on my computer, ready to press F5 as soon as I wake up. The excitement before doing so will be huge tomorrow, but I must keep in mind that it could only reveal a few more costumes and nothing more. My advice for the next Smash news - don't expect the best, but be ready for it. I'm going to leave you here with this mindset.
I could write something similar but considering how well what I wrote yesterday represent my mindset right now as well I should still quote it. However I was fully expecting news on SmashBrosJP's Twitter page last night and I was surprised to see that we did get nothing... I learned from my lesson and I'm ready to be disappointed again about potential lack of news tomorrow, with news only happening the same day as the update goes live. In hindsight I should have written "I must keep in mind that we could get nothing at all" instead :laugh:

At the same time this detail about the maintenance duration being the same as when we got new characters is interesting. We'll see if it means anything or if it's nothing more than speculation based on our current precedence.

It's time for me to go to bed now, hoping for the best to happen, while not expecting it. I want to press F5 when I wake up and be overjoyed by a new character reveal. Who know, maybe I'll have another weird dream related to the new update this night?

IMainKingKRool

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NYEH_HEH_HEH
Why do you guys still post meaningless polls? Fan polls literally mean nothing at all at this point in time.
Not much else to do at this point, honestly. What with the Ballot closing, we might as well continue to establish to the rest of the Smash community that we're still on top, or at least high up. At least it's something to do while we wait for what may come.

SuperSmashSean

Smash Journeyman
Last edited:

TropicalBreeze

Smash Apprentice
Croc fact of the day #Q: modern crocodilians only showed up in the lower Cretaceous, despite movies claiming they've been around long before the dinosaurs. They're actually the only surviving clan of the ancient crocodylomorphs, which, at one point in prehistory, were almost as successful as the dinosaurs, and occupied ecological niches from tiny insect eaters to lumbering herbivores. Hm, what other surviving group of archosaurs is the last offshoot of a once world dominating group of reptiles?

I just can't put my finger on it.

JayJay55

Smash Journeyman
It's more in the personality of PAON K. Rool than anything else. Hell, PAON K. Rool once grew giant and spat out fireballs. That's why a lot of people compare him to Bowser.
Well, for the most part, I feel K. Rool hasn't changed too much in personality (Won't argue that he hasn't though he seems less deranged and his changing persona's just disappearing [excluding Mario Super Sluggers]), But I don't see why people would just let ONE boss battle where he's done these such things ONE TIME warrant a comparison to Bowser.

I think that this comes from how K. Rool's Paon design has been made to look somewhat friendlier, much as Bowser has been over time. Paon K. Rool looks markedly less cold and unhinged.
I can see where you're coming from. But personally, I just can't look at the two side by side and say K. Rool looks like a "Crocodile Bowser", but I can agree that his design over time does seem to evoke a less deranged and cold feel (although it still feels like its there just not as much as before).

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium

So you're saying we might get lots of stuff this Wednesday aside from the Mario Maker stage? If so, count me in!

BowserK.Rool

Smash Champion
Am I the only one here who's worried that we might get someone like shovel knight this week if there is a new character? I'd much rather prefer Wolf or even Bandana Dee. K. Rool I think will be in but I think it won't be until after the ballot.

Last edited:

Morbi

Scavenger
Am I he only one here who's worried that we might get someone like shovel knight this week if there is a new character? I'd much rather prefer Wolf or even Bandana Dee. K. Rool I think will be in but I think it won't be until after the ballot.
I am not necessarily worried about Shovel Knight; however, I also doubt that King K. Rool will be revealed on the 30th. It would just be... So... Unceremonious?

NNID
AwesomeCauliflwr
3DS FC
0576-6167-0092
Am I he only one here who's worried that we might get someone like shovel knight this week if there is a new character? I'd much rather prefer Wolf or even Bandana Dee. K. Rool I think will be in but I think it won't be until after the ballot.
I really don't think there is gonna be a character but I am definitely terrified that were gonna get Shovel Knight or Shantae or another no name 3rd party over K Rool.

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
We're voting together
But still it's farewell
And maybe we'll come back
To glory, who can tell?
I guess there is no one to blame
We're kroc-ing the vote (kroc-ing the vote)
Will the game ever be the same again?

It's the final kountdown
The final kountdown
The final kountdown
The final kountdown
The final kountdown

Oh!

We're heading for Smash Bros (Smash Bros)
And still we stand tall
'Cause maybe he wants us (wants us)
And welcomes us all, yeah
With so many ballots to go
And votes to be found (to be found)
I'm sure that we'll give K. Rool a go

It's the final kountdown
The final kountdown
The final kountdown
The final kountdown
The final kountdown

Oh!

It's the final kountdown
The final kountdown
The final kountdown
The final kountdown
The final kountdown

It's the final kountdown
We're voting together
The final kountdown
We'll give K. Rool a go
It's the final kountdown

It's the final kountdown
The final kountdown
The final kountdown
The final kountdown
The final kountdown

Oh!

It's the final kountdown
The final kountdown
The final kountdown
The final kountdown
The final kountdown

Godspeed, fellow Kutthroats.

It's gonna be a hell of a ride.

Last edited:

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
We're voting together
But still it's farewell
And maybe we'll come back
To glory, who can tell?
I guess there is no one to blame
We're kroc-ing the vote (kroc-ing the vote)
Will the game ever be the same again?

It's the final kountdown
The final kountdown
The final kountdown
The final kountdown
The final kountdown

Oh!

We're heading for Smash Bros (Smash Bros)
And still we stand tall
'Cause maybe he wants us (wants us)
And welcomes us all, yeah
With so many ballots to go
And votes to be found (to be found)
I'm sure that we'll give K. Rool a go

It's the final kountdown
The final kountdown
The final kountdown
The final kountdown
The final kountdown

Oh!

It's the final kountdown
The final kountdown
The final kountdown
The final kountdown
The final kountdown

It's the final kountdown
We're voting together
The final kountdown
We'll give K. Rool a go
It's the final kountdown

It's the final kountdown
The final kountdown
The final kountdown
The final kountdown
The final kountdown

Oh!

It's the final kountdown
The final kountdown
The final kountdown
The final kountdown
The final kountdown

Godspeed, fellow Kutthroats.

It's gonna be a hell of a ride.
Hahahaha, that is brilliant. :laugh: I've had that song in my head ever since the thread's title was changed, too!

Dustydog96

Smash Ace
INB4 "Mario Maker Kitty Hand CREATES the Chaos" Lol

Last edited:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Well, just out of curiosity, how long was the maintenance for the last update? I'd just like to know since we are talking about the update on Wednesday.

Travix Man

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TravixMan
In honor of the final Kountdown, here is another tune that King K. Rool jams to in the show. The king already has a lot of power when it comes to the online polls and ballots that he's pretty much number one. It's like he has everyone under his spell or something! Let's give K. Rool more power as he will make the competition Spellbound.

It also has a Cranky and DK song in there. Feel free to listen to that too! :D

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Love the new title of the thread. Hopefully after the KOUNTDOWN, it bekomes our FINEST HOUR. :dkmelee:
Yep, the title is good. Hopefully, we will be victorious. BTW,

Well, just out of curiosity, how long was the maintenance for the last update? I'd just like to know since we are talking about the update on Wednesday.
Can anyone answer this, please?

I personally don't believe a character is coming in two days, because - with a lack of Nintendo Direct or major gaming event - they'd almost surely unveil this new character with an "announcement of an announcement" with a countdown on the main site. It's what they did with Robin when there was no other springboard for the news. It's just how they guarantee a large live audience, and it would be very unceremonious to drop the news out of the blue.

Unless they intend to include the character data in this update yet not announce it for a while longer, but the Roy/Ryu file fiasco should have taught them that nothing can stay a secret.

I'd love to be wrong!

Last edited:

CardStealer1

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CardStealer
3DS FC
2681-0263-6525
Can anyone answer this, please?
MandoBardanJusik said...

Top Bottom