• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

dangeraaron10

Smash Master
in your own thoughts, why do you feel some people don't like King K. Rool????

. I cannot understand why people hate him. Crocodiles have always been such awesome animals. Who wouldn't want to play as a giant crocodile! I''m starting to have less and less respect for the smash community nowadays. For years we have been asking for characters that would make smash unique and fun. Making it fill complete. Instead, people are voting for these characters that were never as popular back then. They are asking for characters that play similarly to other characters. They complain about clones, but they still want characters that play like other characters. Semi clone, tri clones. What ever happened to making this roster unique? Where is all the respect? I'm tired of people bashing in on other characters, its making them look like total ( sorry ) *****. This community has no respect for one another and is filled with immature brats. Not everyone is like that, i'm just talking about the ones that are like that.

I need some news right now. I just want king k rool to be announced already so people can stop spreading the hate on him. This whole costume thing isn't fair for k rool. He was doing so well. I hope he's DLC.. I say on the final voting day we all on this thread do something that'll get our voices out to the whole internet. After all, it would be the last day for the ballot, so we have to finish this strong!
Everyone has their own preferences. Many think K. Rool is just plain old ugly, but he's designed to be that way because he's a villain. Others have their own favorite characters and K. Rool is a huge (no pun intended) obstacle as he's the top requested character, or at least one of the top requested characters. To see him fall from his pedestal allows other characters to jump up a notch, increasing their own chances. It's a vicious cycle and everyone has a competition in them, they don't want to see others succeed.

And there are also plenty of people who are indifferent to the fat croc king but have several other characters they desire to see before him. Many of us grew up with DKC and grew an attachment to K. Rool, other people grew up with other games, hence why not everyone shares our enthusiasm towards him.

All I'm saying is there are legitimate reasons for not liking K. Rool because it comes down to personal preference, not that K. Rool is any less of the ballot giant that he is. It's up to us to convince others why we love K. Rool, not why they shouldn't love their chosen characters and use ours as an alternative.

Last edited:

Putuk

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2723-9688-6533
Switch FC
SW-8387-2163-6416
Imagine how agonized you people would be if they announced the first ballot character, it wasn't K. Rool AND they didn't confirm who else and how many others would be pulled from the ballot.

You guys hang in there, it's almost time.

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
Imagine how agonized you people would be if they announced the first ballot character, it wasn't K. Rool AND they didn't confirm who else and how many others would be pulled from the ballot.

You guys hang in there, it's almost time.
My only thought here is that I hope that I'm not the only one who's been preparing for that possibility.

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789

. I cannot understand why people hate him. Crocodiles have always been such awesome animals. Who wouldn't want to play as a giant crocodile! I''m starting to have less and less respect for the smash community nowadays. For years we have been asking for characters that would make smash unique and fun. Making it fill complete. Instead, people are voting for these characters that were never as popular back then. They are asking for characters that play similarly to other characters. They complain about clones, but they still want characters that play like other characters. Semi clone, tri clones. What ever happened to making this roster unique? Where is all the respect? I'm tired of people bashing in on other characters, its making them look like total ( sorry ) *****. This community has no respect for one another and is filled with immature brats. Not everyone is like that, i'm just talking about the ones that are like that.

I need some news right now. I just want king k rool to be announced already so people can stop spreading the hate on him. This whole costume thing isn't fair for k rool. He was doing so well. I hope he's DLC.. I say on the final voting day we all on this thread do something that'll get our voices out to the whole internet. After all, it would be the last day for the ballot, so we have to finish this strong!
I can kind of understand disliking the character if you've never played the Countries or DK64. Let's be real, Paon K. Rool is basically green Bowser. They removed his uniqueness. The thing that was cool and distinct about Rare K.Rool is that he was cartoony and comical, but also a ruthless psycho. This was conveyed in his appearance too, he was predominantly cartoonish but had semi-realistic design elements like the darker scales as well.

LunarDistortion

Lord of the Nigelchu's
NNID
Lunar_Distortion
3DS FC
4639-9294-0127
Switch FC
SW-4041-3028-0448
This page is pretty sappy, ain't it?

No matter what happens, we've done well. K. Rool's in people minds now. Retro Studios sees the huge support, as does Sakurai and Nintendo in general if the costume means anything. If K. Rool is the last DLC fighter, assuming that'd be released in 2016, that means that after 15 long years, he's finally in a place that he belongs; being respected as a true Nintendo All Star.

Last edited:

Morbi

Scavenger
I can kind of understand disliking the character if you've never played the Countries or DK64. Let's be real, Paon K. Rool is basically green Bowser. They removed his uniqueness. The thing that was cool and distinct about Rare K.Rool is that he was cartoony and comical, but also a ruthless psycho. This was conveyed in his appearance too, he was predominantly cartoonish but had semi-realistic design elements like the darker scales as well.
Precisely, it was that antithesis that captivated me in the first place. It is what separated King K. Rool from other similar characters. Without it, I am not interested in Green Bowser.

This page is pretty sappy, ain't it?

No matter what happens, we've done well. K. Rool's in people minds now. Retro Studios sees the huge support, as does Sakurai and Nintendo in general if the costume means anything. If K. Rool is the last DLC fighter, assuming that'd be released in 2016, that means that after 15 long years, he's finally in a place that he belongs; being respected as a true Nintendo All Star.
Indeed. I do not care about the result anymore. I am just glad that my enthusiasm for King K. Rool was reinvigorated. That is all that is important to me. My favorite characters do not need to be playable as long as I care about them. King K. Rool is still King K. Rool with or without Smash.

D

Deleted member

Hey there, folks! I know I'm extremely late to the party, but even if I cast my vote on the ballot out to the Inklings, I've kinda become a supporter of K. Rool in recent months thanks to me recently becoming a DK fan, so feel free to add me on the support list! Hopefully he or someone else from DK will make it; another DK character would be pretty cool in my opinion. :)

Oh, and I'm currently making my way through DK 64. Fun stuff! Although I don't know if I got the time to 100% it, though, seeing as how I've got a massive backlog of games to play (among those are the DKC games!). I guess I'll just have to see how long it takes me to get farther ahead and how much fun I'm still having collecting all those little doodads by then. :p

Llort A. Ton

Smash Lord
NNID
GamerGuy758
3DS FC
0731-5017-6481
Switch FC
SW 1185 9411 4529
Hey there, folks! I know I'm extremely late to the party, but even if I cast my vote on the ballot out to the Inklings, I've kinda become a supporter of K. Rool in recent months thanks to me recently becoming a DK fan, so feel free to add me on the support list! Hopefully he or someone else from DK will make it; another DK character would be pretty cool in my opinion. :)

Oh, and I'm currently making my way through DK 64. Fun stuff! Although I don't know if I got the time to 100% it, though, seeing as how I've got a massive backlog of games to play (among those are the DKC games!). I guess I'll just have to see how long it takes me to get farther ahead and how much fun I'm still having collecting all those little doodads by then. :p
Welkome to the Krew, Kutthroat!

Travix Man

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TravixMan

I fully agree with this. Crocodiles have always been among my favorite animals and it would be amazing to play as one in the Smash Bros series, especially since K. Rool is my top-favorite videogame villain of all time. I don't understand the hate for him either, since many fans seem to go for characters like Shovel Knight, Shantae, and Professor Layton. Although I have not heard about Shantae in a while, the thought of Shovel Knight making it in before K. Rool somewhat bothers me. However, if both made it in, I honestly wouldn't mind, being glad that at least K. Rool would make it. However, I seem to be digressing from talking about the Kremling King.

All in all, I am optimistic about the future for the king, for the odds are working in our favor. Nintendo and Retro Studios are more aware of his existence and the impact he gives to the Donkey Kong series, with Nintendo even trademarking his name. Even if K. Rool doesn't make it in Smash, Nintendo cannot deny the king's popularity.

Morbi

Scavenger
Well if K.Rool isn't (one of) the DLC character(s) it'll either:

a) prove that Sakurai doesn't care about fan opinions and/or the DK franchise.

or

2) show there was some serious, non-racial case of the Bradley effect

And frankly, I'd rather lose faith in one man than lose my already low faith value of the Smash fandom in general
That is an extremely interesting sentiment, I never heard about the Bradley effect prior to today. It might actually have an effect on ballot results.

Secondly, and I do not necessarily want to point it out, but if we get another Donkey Kong character such as Cranky Kong (just as an example) that would provide evidence contrary to the first notion.

SuperSmashSean

Smash Journeyman
Ok, so off the recent source gaming translation article on some of Sakurai's logic behind character choices, one seems to be encapsulating the character in 2-3 word descriptions, like Heavy Weapons master, marital arts fighter, etc. What do you guys think could encapsulate K.Rool? My pick is:
Wild-Card Beserker
In that has a number of varying attack methods, but also tends to be get more intense as he fights. Also what if he had an aura effect that was say similar to Lucario, but rather damage increases his speed and attack rather than just attack
I was actually hoping he would have that. In the first DKC, each time you jumped on him, he got faster and jumped higher. I really, really hope something like that comes into his playstyle.

Actually this night, I dreamed of Kaptain K. Rool winning the ballot. The other winner was... Diddy Kong!?
I laughed out loud reading that, and that doesn't happen often :laugh:.

BKupa666 BKupa666 for EVO 2016 as K.Rool.

He will rekt with disrespekt m8s with his King.

Beign serious for a moment though, i would like to see K.Rool as competitively viable character just to shut up the "Heavyweights suck " hate bandwagon.
At EVO, BKupa666 BKupa666 finishes off Zero's Diddy with the Diddy Drop Rap. He wins EVO without losing a stock. Zero was made a monkey out of.

I remember reading recently that the K. Rool costume is possibly a product of the team choosing K. Rool and starting to make him, but dropping him because of "some problem coming up." Which, I don't think it's a real possibility...there's nothing truly difficult about making K. Rool in comparison to other characters, and no way would they model him and map out a moveset, uncertain if he'd "work," only to find that midway through the project, he doesn't.

It's still something worth discussing, though, how easy it would be to actually program a K. Rool moveset. A few people have said "maybe they won't add him because he's too complex." I imagine, barring some convoluted mechanic, he'd be around the difficulty of Mega Man or Bowser Jr. in terms of having a bunch of projectiles, but nothing that requires a lot of drawn-out programming that could prove inhibiting.
Reading that just hurts inside. That would be a lame outcome.

Richard 89

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesker08
3DS FC
4768-7987-3562
BKupa666 BKupa666 for EVO 2016 as K.Rool.

He will rekt with disrespekt m8s with his King.

Beign serious for a moment though, i would like to see K.Rool as competitively viable character just to shut up the "Heavyweights suck " hate bandwagon.
I second this, (despite being absent yesterday) i believe our leader who has helped guide and lead us up to this point can become the "Top Kroc" of K.Rool mains.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
The thing is, if K. Rool were top tier, top players like Zero would flip-flop over to maining him and he'd be everywhere in the competitive scene. Getting him and Diddy in the same fight would be more of a possibility then. And maybe, given the competitive scene's habit of turning everything into dank memes, we'd hear about the Diddy Drop Rap all the time during that match-up.

"OHHHH OMG K. ROOL JUST DID A DIDDY-DROP ON THAT DIDDY, OMG MAH D*** HURTS, COMBOOOO!!!"

Scorpob

Smash Cadet
NNID
Scorpob
3DS FC
5284-2304-0408
I just got done talking with a guy who said "King K. Rool won't be in smash because we already have too many reptiles". Seems like the detractors are running out of arguments against the king. First off we have what like... Maybe 5 reptiles? Bowser, bowser jr., yoshi, greninja and charizard are all I can think of. 5 out of 53 characters... It shouldn't even matter, by that logic I could easily say "we have too many humans in smash" but, I digress.

EDIT: make it 4, greninja is based on a frog, which is an amphibian, sorry. Lol.

On the flipside, how would you kutthroats feel if Sakurai saw that King K. Rool got so many votes, that instead of making the other 2 main personalities of K. Rool (Kaptain K. Rool and Baron K. Roolenstein) alt costumes he made them fully fledged characters, but sort of cloned some animations from the main King K. Rool himself? Like, The main King K Rool could have a strictly DKC1 inspired moveset, Kaptain could be focused on using his blunderbuss more, and Baron would have gadget based moveset like bowser jr. I know the chances of this are very slim, but what would you guys think?

EDIT: Just to clarify, they'd be somewhat clones of each other and share animations so they'd take less development time.

And about that "debate" that Etika did a while back, and now in his recent video he was hating on the supporters of the King by saying our support was just a vocal minority, that's because not only was his "debate" stricly 95% shovel knight talk, but also that most of the Etika "fanbase" is just kids who like the "dank memes", and shovel knight is just the current "hype" character, and so it's no wonder he got more votes in his poll. And the fact that Etika himself likes to detract King K. Rool support, he's just mad, I think somewhere in one video he even admitted to never playing a DKC game.

Last edited:

SuperSceptile15

Smash Lord

I don't think it's so much as people dislike King K. Rool, but there are other characters they would want more. Personally, I want Sceptile to be in Smash the most, but I wouldn't mind King K. Rool being playable at all.

IMainKingKRool

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NYEH_HEH_HEH
I just got done talking with a guy who said "King K. Rool won't be in smash because we already have too many reptiles". Seems like the detractors are running out of arguments against the king. First off we have what like... Maybe 5 reptiles? Bowser, bowser jr., yoshi, greninja and charizard are all I can think of. 5 out of 53 characters... It shouldn't even matter, by that logic I could easily say "we have too many humans in smash" but, I digress.

On the flipside, how would you kutthroats feel if Sakurai saw that King K. Rool got so many votes, that instead of making the other 2 main personalities of K. Rool (Kaptain K. Rool and Baron K. Roolenstein) alt costumes he made them fully fledged characters, but sort of cloned some animations from the main King K. Rool himself? Like, The main King K Rool could have a strictly DKC1 inspired moveset, Kaptain could be focused on using his blunderbuss more, and Baron would have gadget based moveset like bowser jr. I know the chances of this are very slim, but what would you guys think?

And about that "debate" that Etika did a while back, and now in his recent video he was hating on the supporters of the King by saying our support was just a vocal minority, that's because not only was his "debate" stricly 95% shovel knight talk, but also that most of the Etika "fanbase" is just kids who like the "dank memes", and shovel knight is just the current "hype" character, and so it's no wonder he got more votes in his poll. And the fact that Etika himself likes to detract King K. Rool support, he's just mad, I think somewhere in one video he even admitted to never playing a DKC game.
Make that 4 reptiles - Greninja's an amphibian. And yeah, that's a pretty far-fetched "detraction", if you can even call it that.
On the concept of having Kaptain and Baron as their own characters...honestly that sounds like a crummy idea to me. I'd much rather have Dixie and Cranky over two extra K. Rools.

ShinyRegice

Smash Lord

Greninja's an amphibian. Not a reptile. Just saying. (Speaking about that I got :4greninja:'d about it, but whatever)

About the persona thing, I remember I've talked about Kaptain K. Rool as his own character, but rather as an alternative way to handle K. Rool as a character in Smash, basically a K. Rool who fights mostly with the blunderbuss plus uses a few moves using a hook and a saber for added pirate flavor and with subtle references to his other appearances. But several characters for K. Rool for different movesets? Honestly that's not needed. Also K. Rool being only inspired from DKC1 or DKC3 would be rather lame imo.

On an unrelated note, his DKC3 fight isn't all that exciting compared to his other appearances imo. I mean, replaying DKC1 and DKC2 and fighting him was exciting and solidified my want to play as him in Smash but DKC3... I don't know, I didn't feel that vibe. Maybe it's because I wanted to discover more of the game's secrets before properly beating him, but at the same time K. Rool just moving passively legitimately felt meh compared to the other fights.

bellboy64

Smash Journeyman
Is Kalypso winking?
Yah. Meant to be at least. I'm gonna put a sparkle or something on it to make it more sassy.

Nothing on you btw but I can't help but feel a little disheartened when I hear a remark like that*. Makes me feel like I've failed in some way. (Like it wasn't that obvious to others.)
She's a weird one. Pale green skin and white eyelids. Translates better to 3D. I did my best given the time-limit I have.

Might try and make her less washed out later. The operative word being try.

*Person A: Hey, I like your dog drawing!
Person B: ...It's a cat... :(

ShinyRegice

Smash Lord
While I doubt it will happen tomorrow could potentially be a great day for us. News about the 1.1.0 update (alongside what started the debacle we're all aware off) were revealed through the SmashBrosJP Twitter page two days before the update actually came, which means it's not unreasonable to expect news tomorrow, two days before September 30th when the update is set to happen. We could get a character reveal, or we may not, and if we get one it's unfortunately likely that it won't be through a livestream such as a Direct.

I'm going to leave the SmashBrosJP Twitter page window open on my computer, ready to press F5 as soon as I wake up. The excitement before doing so will be huge tomorrow, but I must keep in mind that it could only reveal a few more costumes and nothing more. My advice for the next Smash news - don't expect the best, but be ready for it. I'm going to leave you here with this mindset.

MandoBardanJusik

Smash Ace
Ballot ends on Saturday, however I'm expecting an announcement before that, in conjunction with the mario maker, A video or direct on Tuesday, or even Wednesday prior to release being announced tomorrow or day of. and I expect the first ballot influenced character, perhaps not a pure ballot character, but rather a member of a say 3 character development shortlist that was chosen from from the results of the first couple weeks of the ballot. We are overdue for a new character for true hype, and a first party one at that. Should be interesting to see what happens.
While Sakurai does like to do out there shock surprises, on the other hand It seems like the best way is to bring out a new character, that is an actual Nintendo character not third party, that was influenced by the ballot is the likely possibility, and K.Rool seems like he has the best bet

Dustydog96

Smash Ace
The thing is, if K. Rool were top tier, top players like Zero would flip-flop over to maining him and he'd be everywhere in the competitive scene. Getting him and Diddy in the same fight would be more of a possibility then. And maybe, given the competitive scene's habit of turning everything into dank memes, we'd hear about the Diddy Drop Rap all the time during that match-up.

"OHHHH OMG K. ROOL JUST DID A DIDDY-DROP ON THAT DIDDY, OMG MAH D*** HURTS, COMBOOOO!!!"
I personally hope K. Rool DOESN'T jump to being top-tier so he'll be less common in the meta. I'd like to be one of the FEW people who bring k. rool, the mid/low tier character into the spotlight at my local. Have pride in my character regardless of how good he is. Make him shine. represent him as a character
:151:

SuperSmashSean

Smash Journeyman

EDIT: make it 4, greninja is based on a frog, which is an amphibian, sorry. Lol.

EDIT: Just to clarify, they'd be somewhat clones of each other and share animations so they'd take less development time.

He said it in the DK Moveset on the 3ds Smash. He basically started the video saying straight up I have never played a DK game.

EDIT: In response to what BKupa666 BKupa666 said about the mario newcomers, I have actually seen people consider DK reps as part of the mario characters.:facepalm:

Last edited:

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
I'm surprised people that desperate to detract K. Rool don't go whole-hog and say "there are 12 reptiles in the game" because of the Koopalings. You already see it with people who claim that Mario "got 10 newcomers" counting them.

bellboy64

Smash Journeyman
I'm surprised people that desperate to detract K. Rool don't go whole-hog and say "there are 12 reptiles in the game" because of the Koopalings. You already see it with people who claim that Mario "got 10 newcomers" counting them.
We need more dull human hero characters. We've reached a drought here.

3DS FC
0061-0163-0572
Here's something I've been wondering: With the Smash Ballot ending this Saturday, Smashboards isn't the only community rife with frantic speculation. Namely, I've noticed a recent insurgence of Rayman fans cropping up on Miiverse as of late. I haven't heard anything about Rayman in awhile. Do you think he stands a chance as a ballot winner to come along with our Kremling King, amongst other characters?

Travix Man

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TravixMan
While I doubt it will happen tomorrow could potentially be a great day for us. News about the 1.1.0 update (alongside what started the debacle we're all aware off) were revealed through the SmashBrosJP Twitter page two days before the update actually came, which means it's not unreasonable to expect news tomorrow, two days before September 30th when the update is set to happen. We could get a character reveal, or we may not, and if we get one it's unfortunately likely that it won't be through a livestream such as a Direct.

I'm going to leave the SmashBrosJP Twitter page window open on my computer, ready to press F5 as soon as I wake up. The excitement before doing so will be huge tomorrow, but I must keep in mind that it could only reveal a few more costumes and nothing more. My advice for the next Smash news - don't expect the best, but be ready for it. I'm going to leave you here with this mindset.
That is a really good point to think about. I'm thinking if there isn't a character reveal, there could be costumes, or even that other stage that is rumored.

All of this speculation and talk about competition has got me on the edge of my seat as the week passes by! Here is another song in the show that portrays the news on Smash Bros as invaders that will arrive this week. Any invader could pass by, whether it's a confirmation or disconfirmation. Whatever it is, we should watch the skies webpages for any updates on Smash Bros.

Llort A. Ton

Smash Lord
NNID
GamerGuy758
3DS FC
0731-5017-6481
Switch FC
SW 1185 9411 4529
Here's something I've been wondering: With the Smash Ballot ending this Saturday, Smashboards isn't the only community rife with frantic speculation. Namely, I've noticed a recent insurgence of Rayman fans cropping up on Miiverse as of late. I haven't heard anything about Rayman in awhile. Do you think he stands a chance as a ballot winner to come along with our Kremling King, amongst other characters?
I personally think he's one of the more likely 3rd party characters. He has been around for 20 years, is a major developers mascot, and has had all his main games on Nintendo systems starting with Rayman 2. Hes already is in the game as a trophy, and doesn't have any really major issues (Like Snake, with Konami apparently quitting video games, Banjo, being owned by MS, or most indies being America only). The only things against him are not being too crazy popular (especially in Japan), other characters being more popular, or Ubisoft not supporting the Wii U in the past couple years (But then again, Capcom hasn't been that big with support either and they got 2 characters).
But against K. Rool individually, I'd say K. Rool would beat him by a landslide, being a first party character and more popular world wide (But I would love to see both).

Sirfishe

Smash Ace

its kinda of stupid when you think about it. People are trying to de confirm king k. rool with the most ridiculous theories that doesn't make sense

Sirfishe

Smash Ace

its kinda of stupid when you think about it. People are trying to de confirm king k. rool with the most ridiculous theories that doesn't make sense

IvanQuote

Smash Ace
NNID
ivanquote
3DS FC
1693-3075-2999
If K Rool is top/high tier with a throw combo, I can see a bunch of people complaining "EVRY DK CHARACTER IS TOP TIER!?!??!!?11?!?q! REMOVE DONKEY, REMOVE DIDDY, REMOVE K ROOL!! Y U FAV0R DK SERIES DADDY SACK-OF-RICE!!?!!??!!?!!"

So Diddy's throw combo is the Hoo-Hah, DK's is the Ding-Dong, what will K Rool's hypothetical one be? Klap-Trap?

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
Funny thing is, I think a lot of people who detract K. Rool don't see the underdog he truly is. The guy has been out of commission for six years, his relevance to the DK series taking a massive hit. The only reason he has been able to stay on top in popularity has been his fans. No matter how people will try to slice it, his fans are the sole reason he even got a costume, let alone one that is not his green Bowser design. It's part of the reason why I don't take the whole consolation prize bull seriously. Because I'm pretty damn sure that we have worked harder than a lot of other fanbases to push our king into the spotlight.
My point is, as I said in the beginning, that people don't truly see the dedication it took to make K. Rool relevant again. Shovel Knight had grounds to start his support on, as did Shantae, Wolf, and other characters. K. Rool had nothing.

Bananija

Count of Trickery
The ballot is near the end, let's hope that K.Rool will make it (which I think he will). Even if he doesn't, like many said, we already more than probably brought him back in DKC.
Hey guise Im gonna leak you a thing.

The guy who made this http://www.monosymoneros.com/ruy/cosas-que-dicen/kro-digo-daisy.html? Well, check his site again tomorrow. A green friend of yours is at it again, and Im not talking about that ogre fella.

This is true my brother works for the webcomicz.
Why can't I be in a web comic?:troll:

JayJay55

Smash Journeyman
Funny thing is, I think a lot of people who detract K. Rool don't see the underdog he truly is. The guy has been out of commission for six years, his relevance to the DK series taking a massive hit. The only reason he has been able to stay on top in popularity has been his fans. No matter how people will try to slice it, his fans are the sole reason he even got a costume, let alone one that is not his green Bowser design. It's part of the reason why I don't take the whole consolation prize bull seriously. Because I'm pretty damn sure that we have worked harder than a lot of other fanbases to push our king into the spotlight.
My point is, as I said in the beginning, that people don't truly see the dedication it took to make K. Rool relevant again. Shovel Knight had grounds to start his support on, as did Shantae, Wolf, and other characters. K. Rool had nothing.
You know, I agree with your sentiment, I just never understood how people see "Green Bowser" or "Crocodile Bowser" in the PAON design or Rare design. Both of K. Rool's designs look distinctive enough to not even be comparable to Bowser considering the only main trait they share in common is being large.

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
You know, I agree with your sentiment, I just never understood how people see "Green Bowser" or "Crocodile Bowser" in the PAON design or Rare design. Both of K. Rool's designs look distinctive enough to not even be comparable to Bowser considering the only main trait they share in common is being large.
I think that this comes from how K. Rool's Paon design has been made to look somewhat friendlier, much as Bowser has been over time. Paon K. Rool looks markedly less cold and unhinged.

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
It's more in the personality of PAON K. Rool than anything else. Hell, PAON K. Rool once grew giant and spat out fireballs. That's why a lot of people compare him to Bowser.

Last edited:

SuperSmashSean

Smash Journeyman
Brawl Minus 4.0b was released a while back and the team behind the game has been releasing videos to help introduce new players to the cast. For those who don't know what Brawl Minus is the team has put out a video to explain just that. In the simplest terms Brawl Minus is a mod where instead of balancing within reason, this mod sets to make every character so powerful and broken they become balanced.

This video gives players the chance to see what Donkey Kong can do in the latest version of Brawl Minus. From barrel throwing to new attributes on his moves Donkey Kong is a whole new beast. Give it a watch and see all that he has to offer. For more information on the mod be sure to visit its official website.

Gotta love the DK Rap references. I always wanted a barrel like move if Cranky ever got in, but this is awesome too!

Top Bottom