• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

bellboy64

Smash Journeyman
It's more in the personality of PAON K. Rool than anything else. Hell, PAON K. Rool once grew giant and spat out fireballs. That's why a lot of people compare him to Bowser.
I always considered PAON K. Rool to just be the natural evolution/refinement of his character's design. The tail loss and golden body omission is tragic but it just seems more streamlined without losing the manic menace of his original conception.

That was a lot of big words at once. I need to lie down...

Last edited:

MandoBardanJusik

Smash Ace
I always considered PAON K. Rool to just be the natural evolution/refinement of his character's design. The tail loss and golden body omission is tragic but it just seems more streamlined without losing the manic menace of his original conception.

That was a lot of big words at once. I need to lie down...
I think there's a good chance that he'll get back the tail, and a little more refinement, as they finally get the final evolution

3DS FC
0061-0163-0572
I personally think he's one of the more likely 3rd party characters. He has been around for 20 years, is a major developers mascot, and has had all his main games on Nintendo systems starting with Rayman 2. Hes already is in the game as a trophy, and doesn't have any really major issues (Like Snake, with Konami apparently quitting video games, Banjo, being owned by MS, or most indies being America only). The only things against him are not being too crazy popular (especially in Japan), other characters being more popular, or Ubisoft not supporting the Wii U in the past couple years (But then again, Capcom hasn't been that big with support either and they got 2 characters).
But against K. Rool individually, I'd say K. Rool would beat him by a landslide, being a first party character and more popular world wide (But I would love to see both).
Of course K. Rool beats him out big time, but I was talking of multiple ballot characters. Assuming we only get two ballot choices, Rayman might still be suckin, but if we get 3 or 4 (Or more, if the stars allign), I could see him making his Smash debut.

ThePhenomTaker

Smash Cadet
come on King K.Rool you can do it you'll win that ballot when the results come flying in soon i hope also lets continue to get the Real Retro King K.Rool into Super Smash Bros WiiU/3DS we can do this the easy way or the Hard way before the Ballot ends on October 10/3/2015 this coming week

Morbi

Scavenger
come on King K.Rool you can do it you'll win that ballot when the results come flying in soon i hope also lets continue to get the Real Retro King K.Rool into Super Smash Bros WiiU/3DS we can do this the easy way or the Hard way before the Ballot ends on October 10/3/2015 this coming week
Okay, just because I am curious: What is the hard way?

ThePhenomTaker

Smash Cadet
when people want to work hard and push it to their limit like for example everyone is trying there best to vote for King K.Rool at the smash bros fighter ballot so we can find out what the results will be after the ballot closes on 10/3/2015 of october because i want to see the Real King K.Rool and i'm sure everyone else does too as well

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Say, anyone know someone who plans on datamining the update when it is released? Not saying that I think there will be characters revealed, but I am still interested to see what is mined.

SleuthMechanism

Smash Ace
NNID
SleuthMechanism
3DS FC
4184-2631-5815
Switch FC
SW-7949-7248-8280
If K. Rool gets in this time, what will become of the Kutthroats?

Will you continue to engage in speculation and support your next most-wanted character?

Or will you walk away and rest kontent with a job well done?

I am going to keep supporting my favourite characters and helping others support theirs. It's what I did when my most-wanted character was revealed for the main game, it's what I will do if my most-wanted is revealed for DLC.
I will leave speculation and head on over to the k.rool subforum satisfied for now and planning to come back for Ridley/Dark samus next game.

Last edited:

BowserK.Rool

Smash Champion
when people want to work hard and push it to their limit like for example everyone is trying there best to vote for King K.Rool at the smash bros fighter ballot so we can find out what the results will be after the ballot closes on 10/3/2015 of october because i want to see the Real King K.Rool and i'm sure everyone else does too as well
The other hard way of course would be this.
Undertaker-Chokeslam-3.jpg

Sorry, as a big fan of the Undertaker, I just had to make that wrestling reference due to your username ThePhenomTaker ThePhenomTaker :p

On another note, I made another K. Rool pic on Miiverse recently. One guy thinks K. Rool is unlikely because of the mii costume(hmm where have we heard that before?) but was willing to see the outcome of the ballot. Nothing like agreeing to disagree.
WVW69ibE1osRLqN3aN.png

bellboy64

Smash Journeyman

Made much-needed tweaks to Kalypso. (Smoothing colours, adjusting an eye or two. Will redo the choker later on. That was a rush job.)

Finished Kip and started Krusha. as intended. Hopefully it's cute enough. I'm keeping him in line with Klump's art direction/style.

(Very surprised no-one seemed to notice the accidental stealth-pun...)
His name is Krusha.

We're getting there!

Please let me know how Kalypso looks, folks. I need fresh eyes, fresh opinions.

LunarDistortion

Lord of the Nigelchu's
NNID
Lunar_Distortion
3DS FC
4639-9294-0127
Switch FC
SW-4041-3028-0448
Speaking of datamining, what would everyone's reaction be if we found K. Rool data in the code?

I'd be a bit disappointed that they let another preventable leak happen and that the trailer won't be as exciting or hype inducing as it would if it were just announced out of nowhere, but hey, it's K. Rool either way, right?

*snip*
Made much-needed tweaks to Kalypso. (Smoothing colours, adjusting an eye or two. Will redo the choker later on. That was a rush job.)

Finished Kip and started Krusha. as intended. Hopefully it's cute enough. I'm keeping him in line with Klump's art direction/style.

(Very surprised no-one seemed to notice the accidental stealth-pun...)
His name is Krusha.

We're getting there!

Please let me know how Kalypso looks, folks. I need fresh eyes, fresh opinions.
Looks great! It's definitely easier to tell that she's winking. Kip and Kass are adorable too.

King*Krool

Smash Apprentice
Within the past few months I have gathered hundreds of new people to join the official King K. Rool Page. I'm having everyone submit in final votes, and refresh K. Rool's grand finale. I want the last ballot votes to all be K. Rool (Even if Nintendo already made up their mind).

One last Hoo Rah to get K. Rool in. Also join K. Rool's official page to spread the word and meet fans who can join us on this site as well.

It is time to merge all the Kremlings.

https://www.facebook.com/King-K-Rool-187299864620088/timeline/

IvanQuote

Smash Ace
NNID
ivanquote
3DS FC
1693-3075-2999
Speaking of datamining, what would everyone's reaction be if we found K. Rool data in the code?

I'd be a bit disappointed that they let another preventable leak happen and that the trailer won't be as exciting or hype inducing as it would if it were just announced out of nowhere, but hey, it's K. Rool either way, right?

Looks great! It's definitely easier to tell that she's winking. Kip and Kass are adorable too.
Apparently the Royu dataminer got some new info recently according to Gamnesia. I don't want to spoil myself, so I just took a cursory glance. I don't believe I saw K Rool's name in there, but 1. I could be wrong and 2. Maybe they decide which characters will be represented at the ballot end and will have a shoe in/costumes for this coming update, so hope lives on!

Until then, surf the web with caution.

Last edited:

InsaneHippo

Smash Cadet
Apparently the Royu dataminer got some new info recently according to Gamnesia. I don't want to spoil myself, so I just took a cursory glance. I don't believe I saw K Rool's name in there, but 1. I could be wrong and 2. Maybe they decide which characters will be represented at the ballot end and will have a shoe in/costumes for this coming update, so hope lives on!

Until then, surf the web with caution.
that was for mario maker, not smash

Giga Kaiju

Smash Lord
NNID
GigaKaiju
Switch FC
SW-8115-0761-4039
If K. Rool got Ryu-Roy-found in koding...? Well, like everyone else, a little dissapointed for the lack of surprise (maybe, don't exactly with some of you just wanting a KONFIRMATION overall...) but all in all, I'd be all like-

InsaneHippo

Smash Cadet
The article I'm speaking about was released 3 hours ago (according to FB) and is smash related. The title card they made up (which was unfortunate spoiler inducing for what they're talking about) was definitely not for Mario Maker (game).
the article was definitely for mario maker; it links to http://www.gamnesia.com/news/roy-and-ryus-smash-bros.-leaker-says-mario-maker-has-costume-files-for1, which talks about unused costumes in the game's files that the person who discovered roy and ryu's files also found.

ShinyRegice

Smash Lord
So as I planned to do I F5 SmashBrosJP's Twitter page and... no news. Well, you better give more informations about the update sooner than later. Having only the Mario Maker stage besides new Mii costumes and balance changes would be a massive letdown. Even just another stage without a character would be great.

Also I had a dream this night directly related to that, because it revealed all news about the new update. In total there were three stages asides from SMM and four characters. I don't remember about the stages except for one, and for the characters they were Shovel Knight, a team with Shovel Knight and other characters I had no clue who they were (you read it right, SK + a team character including SK as separate fighters), a third one I forgot about and the fourth was... T. K. Rool. Basically it was K. Rool but with a new name for some reason. During I dream I thought "Shovel Knight... Really? At least K. Rool is here, I'll watch his trailer." The gameplay section of this trailer was weird... it wasn't shown as a fight, but rather as a race in a brand new stage (the one new DLC stage I didn't forget about). It was a very long stage with cave settings and it honestly looked gorgeous, and its layout was about like the curve at the top of this pic. All characters were shown running from right to left, and there even was footage of Bowser Jr. attacking K. Rool (or must I say, T. K. Rool) with his dash attack (midair lol) and causing him to not flinch, I suppose he was under the effect of super armor then. T. K. Rool was very faithful to his DKC1 sprite when running, and he even appeared under his DKC3 appearance using the helicopter pack.

Guess what T. K. Rool's Final Smash was? The trailer indeed shown it and... it was him being encouraged by a little girl who was driving a black F-Zero car so he could become faster :teeth: also his French name was even something else, it was "Birdo de K. Rool"... overall I don't have to say that I was so confused about this new DLC wave and overall I'm happy that it was only a dream :laugh:

Guess if I get a K. Rool amiibo in the future I'll name it T. K. Rool then. I still have to think about what the "T." may mean, but whatever.

bellboy64

Smash Journeyman

Update:
Hey all. Nothing to worry about. I just to post a little notice of what I'm doing/what I've done and my intended finishing time which I'm inevitably going to overshoot. Such is life. Green is an alteration/updateception

What's done:
  1. DK Coins/Golden Medals
  2. Blunderbuss
  3. Propeller Pack thing
  4. Scepter (repositioned, rescaled, New 'n' Tasty(tm) )
  5. Table
  6. DK Island model
  7. "Operation: #BringBackKRool" document thingamijig
  8. Klump's legs (swole...as much as a fat guy can be)
  9. Hit the dang "Post Reply" button instead of Preview... >:(
  10. Banana pyramid completed
  11. What you see in the picture. (And Zoidb- Krusha!)
What's not done:

• Gameboy
  • Boxing gloves (DK64 relic)
  • Kritter's tail (I'll get there I swear!)
  • Smash trophies
  • Jet barrel
  • Crystal Coconut
  • DK tie (I'm gonna put it on K Rool/Donkey. See how it looks.)
  • Dk's anchor chain
  • Crocodile Isle (Old hotness)
  • KAOS
  • Blast-o-matic gun
  • (missed this out!) Bongos
Currently working on
Finito.

The characters are mostly done. As they usually take the most time, I should be a bit easier going.

I aim to finish by Sept 30th. #krocthevote!

Last edited:

IvanQuote

Smash Ace
NNID
ivanquote
3DS FC
1693-3075-2999

Tom the Scrublord

Smash Cadet

Update:
Hey all. Nothing to worry about. I just to post a little notice of what I'm doing/what I've done and my intended finishing time which I'm inevitably going to overshoot. Such is life. Green is an alteration/updateception

What's done:
  1. DK Coins/Golden Medals
  2. Blunderbuss
  3. Propeller Pack thing
  4. Scepter (repositioned, repositioned, New 'n' Tasty(tm) )
  5. Table
  6. DK Island model
  7. "Operation: #BringBackKRool" document thingamijig
  8. Klump's legs (swole...as much as a fat guy can be)
  9. Hit the dang "Post Reply" button instead of Preview... >:(
  10. Banana pyramid completed
  11. What you see in the picture. (And Zoidb- Krusha!)
What's not done:

• Gameboy
  • Boxing gloves (DK64 relic)
  • Kritter's tail (I'll get there I swear!)
  • Smash trophies
  • Jet barrel
  • Crystal Coconut
  • DK tie (I'm gonna put it on K Rool/Donkey. See how it looks.)
  • Dk's anchor chain
  • Crocodile Isle (Old hotness)
  • KAOS
  • Blast-o-matic gun
Currently working on

The characters are mostly done. As they usually take the most time, I should be a bit easier going.

I aim to finish by the Sep 30th. #krocthevote!
This looks absolutely amazing. You did a superb job with the characters and background!

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
So while I don't think K. Rool will be in the game, I do think that He has a great fanbase, thanks to you the future for him looks bright, he may even come back as a final boss. So now I say, best of luck, and may the odds be in your favor. :)

Top Bottom