• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

DJ3DS

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0602-6256-9118
I'm not creative and I haven't reached the end of DKC2 or 3. So what would his moveset consist of? I know he's a mad scientist and a pirate and what have ye, but I haven't seen all the boss fights, so is there a basic moveset I could see?
King K. Rool Moveset Time!

Firstly, note that I envision K. Rool in his DKC1 appearance, pulling out gadgets from other games as necessary.

SPECIAL ATTACKS

Neutral - Krown Toss - K. Rool throws his krown as a boomerang. Similar to Toon Link's Side Special.

Down - Kannon Overhead - K. Rool kommands a kannon shot which fires down from the sky in front of him. Good for edge-guarding and finishing opponents near the ceiling, but predictable. Envisage a weaker Bowling Ball from Villager, but one that spawns from the top.

Side - Kannon Shot - K. Rool fires a kannonball forwards at a speed and distance determined by charge. When it hits the floor, it grows spikes and becomes a projectile hitbox. Picture this as very similar to R.O.B.s gyro.

Up - Kopter - K. Rool flies upwards with his kopter. Either give it some speed (which I am not sure would look right) and a hitbox or make it similar to R.O.B.'s recovery.

SMASH ATTACKS

Down - Electrokute - K. Rool presses a remote and the ground around him is electrified briefly, dealing low damage but paralysing opponents for a quick follow up.
Side - Kannon Vacuum - During the charging period of this smash attack, K. Rool pulls opponents towards him using the vacuum; before firing an explosive blast in front of him. He has super armour during the charging period.
Up - Kopter Blades - K. Rool extends his kopter blades and whirls them at high speed. Powerful and disjointed, but duration makes it easily punishable.

STANDARD ATTACKS

Dash - Leap - K. Rool leaps forwards whilst running.

Jab - Kombo - K. Rool performs a boxing kombo whilst wearing gloves, similar to Villager.

Down - Krokodile Sweep - K. Rool sweeps the ground in front of him quickly with his tail. Similar to Yoshi's.

Side - Klobber - K. Rool punches forwards. His boxing glove comes off his hand, giving a slight disjoint, though this disjoint is sourspotted compared to hitting with the hand.

Up - Upperkut - K. Rool delivers a swift upperkut to his foes.

AERIALS

Neutral - Karousel - Spins in the air with a disjointed tail hitbox. See Charizard or R.O.B.

Down - Kannon Blast - K. Rool fires a kannon blast downwards. This is a strong spike, as well as stalling in midair. See R.O.B.'s spike.

Forward - Klaws - K. Rool kuickly swipes forwards with his klaws.
Back - Tail Swipe - Swipes backwards in the air with his tail.

Up - Krown - Headbutts upwards wearing a sharp krown.

I did make a moveset a while ago but like this one much better. I feel that it gets a good balance of his abilities from all four of his main boss fights. Similarities with R.O.B. cannot be wholly avoided if you are going for a heavy zoning character but are not wholly unintentional. I think I stole a couple of ideas from other peoples movesets as well.
There's one I did a few pages ago that draws on all three DKC boss fights as well as DK64.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
There's one I did a few pages ago that draws on all three DKC boss fights as well as DK64.
I really, really love the Smash attacks in particular. Would love to see the down smash in action. What did you envision for his grabs/pummel?

Dustydog96

Smash Ace
Unless there already is one someone should totally make a #KrocTheVote post on the smash bros sub reddit. I would do it myself but am very low energy today and wouldn't do it justice. Just an idea if anyone wants to elaborate upon it. ; ) Seeing the "blah blah blah Snake 4 smash 4" topics on the smash bros sub reddit was getting under my skin and would love to see a King K. Rool topic BLOW UP!

Last edited:

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Unless there already is one someone should totally make a #KrocTheVote post on the smash bros sub reddit. I would do it myself but am very low energy today and wouldn't do it justice. Just an idea if anyone wants to elaborate upon it. ; ) Seeing the "blah blah blah Snake 4 smash 4" topics on the smash bros sub reddit was getting under my skin and would love to see a King K. Rool topic BLOW UP!
Would've done it day one if it weren't for the big red letters saying that "all threads campaigning for characters will be deleted."

At least most if not all of the "who did you vote for?" threads have K. Rool comments with hundreds of upvotes.

Dustydog96

Smash Ace
Would've done it day one if it weren't for the big red letters saying that "all threads campaigning for characters will be deleted."

At least most if not all of the "who did you vote for?" threads have K. Rool comments with hundreds of upvotes.
OHH ok. Didn't see that on the sub-reddit. Thanks for sharing.

DJ3DS

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0602-6256-9118
I really, really love the Smash attacks in particular. Would love to see the down smash in action. What did you envision for his grabs/pummel?
I did think about the grab but couldn't settle on anything. Initially, I had the Side Smash as just the explosion from the blunderbuss and upon realising that I hadn't incorporated the vacuum, wanted to try use that, but I couldn't think of a realistic way of doing it that felt right, so came up with the idea of putting it into the Side Smash instead. In terms of grabs, I would probably just give him a normal grab - there isn't anything that screams out a tether working to me, and neither is there any way I can think of to get the vacuum incorporated naturally. In terms of throws, the only one I can think of is having his ground pound from DK64 as a D-Throw. The pummel is again something I'm not sure of.

IMainKingKRool

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NYEH_HEH_HEH
See, I kind of feel stupid because for some reason I thought the character limit was 100, not 500, on the ballot. So my "reasons for voting" section had, like, three sentences. :L
Also, regarding @ DJ3DS DJ3DS 's moveset, I can't help but imagine the charging animation for that d-smash consisting of K. Rool waggling his finger over the remote before mashing it like some old-school cartoon villain, lol.

DJ3DS

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0602-6256-9118
See, I kind of feel stupid because for some reason I thought the character limit was 100, not 500, on the ballot. So my "reasons for voting" section had, like, three sentences. :L
Also, regarding @ DJ3DS DJ3DS 's moveset, I can't help but imagine the charging animation for that d-smash consisting of K. Rool waggling his finger over the remote before mashing it like some old-school cartoon villain, lol.
That is an incredible idea and I wish I'd thought of it.

MandoBardanJusik

Smash Ace
Question, have any smash boarders probed Japanese sites yet to see who they are voting for? I know we've had a few guys do it in the past, and we've had an odd and end show up for K.Rool now, but I am curious if anyone is working on it now?

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
All these people going on about young upstart characters like Shovel Knight and Inkling, while I'm like:

And Shantae;

I mean it must be nice from an Indie developer perspective to have so much support for a character of yours for a big game like this, and I get it, but c'mon.

Inkling though is just baffling, considering the game isn't even out yet. They're basically guaranteed a character in Smash 6 anyway, so people need to just chill out about them. They haven't even had time to get attached to them yet.

Shovel Knight I have a bit of respect for, but c'mon guys, this poll should be for longtime characters that have deserved but missed a shot.

Welshy91

Smash Ace
I'm really hoping that Nintendo narrows down the top candidates in the next few months and allows people to directly vote for them. I feel like people that are on the fence about K. Rool, but voted for someone that stood absolutely no chance of winning, would then vote for the king.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I'm wondering how his playstyle would figure out. I imagine him as a large, somewhat immobile zoner character as if there's one thing he's good at it's summoning random crap to rain down from the ceiling. I have in my mind his blunderbuss as a charagable projectile but instead of increasing the shot size or power the longer you charge it the more cannonballs it fires.

What are your ideas for King K. Rool's playstyle?

Laniv

Smash Champion
I'm wondering how his playstyle would figure out. I imagine him as a large, somewhat immobile zoner character as if there's one thing he's good at it's summoning random crap to rain down from the ceiling. I have in my mind his blunderbuss as a charagable projectile but instead of increasing the shot size or power the longer you charge it the more cannonballs it fires.

A slow yet strong fighter who relies on spacing, trickery. and strategically placed spiked cannonballs to damage foes, yet gets juggled to death if an opponent should reach him.

Weeman

Smash Crusader
A slow yet strong fighter who relies on spacing, trickery. and strategically placed spiked cannonballs to damage foes, yet gets juggled to death if an opponent should reach him.
So basically Dedede? :awesome:
Jk

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Has anyone else seen this? Is it legit in its rankings? (It does say it's not official, but yeah)

Last edited:

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493

Trap character sounds appropriate. If he can rain down cannonballs when you least expect it, or even just drop one, it would be scary to approach him. Even better, what if we took the idea earlier where his d-smash is the electrical field, but make it so the smash plants the field in the ground, only activated if an opponent walks over it. (Similar to how Snake's mines worked.

And hell, if he has suction on the blunderbuss, he could try to drag people into the traps. That actually sounds like a really cohesive character design, and unique. Not that I'm that surprised, but it should be good enough for Sakurai, I mean.

Weeman

Smash Crusader
Last edited:
Has anyone else seen this? Is it legit in its rankings? (It does say it's not official, but yeah)

I doubt this is real. Geno isnt listed as 3rd party, all these random renders. impa is hyrule warriors over any other. muultiple random choices (zael, rundas, chibi robo as a frontrunner)

viewtiful Joe getting any attention no viridi

Last edited:

Weeman

Smash Crusader
I doubt this is real. Geno isnt listed as 3rd party, all these random renders. impa is hyrule warriors over any other. muultiple random choices (zael, rundas, chibi robo as a frontrunner)

viewtiful Joe getting any attention no viridi
It is not official of course, but apparently it is based on multiple polls from all kinds of social nets and forums.

It is not official of course, but apparently it is based on multiple polls from all kinds of social nets and forums.
well they need to look at less terrible forums if Andy and Chibi Robo are higher than Dixie. I mean ranky above Dixie? must be on drugs.

in fact nearly every character below the 3rd row is ridiculous

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium

DJ3DS

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0602-6256-9118
well they need to look at less terrible forums if Andy and Chibi Robo are higher than Dixie. I mean ranky above Dixie? must be on drugs.

in fact nearly every character below the 3rd row is ridiculous
The moment I saw Wart in 4th row I knew I could stop there.

neohopeSTF

Smash Journeyman
NNID
abcdefgf
Switch FC
SW-0259-5915-4107
I have a hard time believing Chibi Robo is that high, also what is Machamp doing on there (btw I'm pro K Rool now!)

Last edited:

AbsoluteZer0Nova

Smash Cadet
The only characters I can take seriously below the third row are Bandana Dee and somewhat Black Shadow (because F-Zero could at least have 1 more rep and a villain at that would be appreciated).

Top Bottom