• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

SuperiorYoshi87

Smash Lord
NNID
AVENGERxTHOR
I saw on Reddit people saying that if Nintendo was scanning the same IP address for votes you'd probably get an error message when you'd try to vote again but that's not the case. Seems like maybe multi voting on one devise is very possible...

Wether it is or isn't I've already voted from my phone like 10 times today not counting the 15 I did yesterday :p

TheSMASHtyke

Smash Journeyman
If K.Rool gets in, his "getting lauched far and fast" sound effect better be the "ARGH" you hear when you step on his head in DKC.

GhostlyLure

Smash Lord
NNID
GhostlyLureioi
I saw on Reddit people saying that if Nintendo was scanning the same IP address for votes you'd probably get an error message when you'd try to vote again but that's not the case. Seems like maybe multi voting on one devise is very possible...

Wether it is or isn't I've already voted from my phone like 10 times today not counting the 15 I did yesterday :p
I'm pretty sure they just take your most recent vote and cancel out the others..or it may work as a suggestion box they just look at it...

GhostlyLure

Smash Lord
NNID
GhostlyLureioi
Well just incase I've been voting from my Wii U browser, Desktop, phone, and laptop lol
WHAT I would never...wait till everyone left the house vote on their devices than clear there history WOT?
Agreed with this.

If the poll ignores IPs entirely, then there's absolutely no point to a poll whatsoever.

For all of you voting for the king multiple times with your phones and laptops, take them elsewhere and vote with another IP, not just from your house.
Time to scam some friends lol.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Just sayin of K.Rool gets in there's no better theme song to describe such a wonderful occasion!

http://youtu.be/vimZj8HW0Kg

Don't call it a comeback...he's been here for years...
More like this:

I wouldn't be surprised if it turned out they were already working on at least one new character as well already, and if they are K. Rool is probably the most likely one. But naturally that's not guaranteed, so we need to spread the word for people to vote for K. Rool.

As for Wolf, though, yeah, he's set. I would NEVER in the past say a character is a shoe-in... but there's NOTHING keeping Wolf out at this point, absolutely NOTHING. He's guaranteed, that's a safe bet. Though Wolf fans can still vote for him if they want, I won't stop them, and I'm sure they will.

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
More like this:

I wouldn't be surprised if it turned out they were already working on at least one new character as well already, and if they are K. Rool is probably the most likely one. But naturally that's not guaranteed, so we need to spread the word for people to vote for K. Rool.

As for Wolf, though, yeah, he's set. I would NEVER in the past say a character is a shoe-in... but there's NOTHING keeping Wolf out at this point, absolutely NOTHING. He's guaranteed, that's a safe bet. Though Wolf fans can still vote for him if they want, I won't stop them, and I'm sure they will.

Why is Wolf supposedly guaranteed

This is reminds me of how people were saying Dixie and K. Rool were 'practically guaranteed' before Sm4sh came out

There is literally no evidence that Wolf is guaranteed, that multiple characters will be DLC, or that they're already working on a character

It's this exact type of thinking that got everyone's hopes up only to be crushed when we found out Dixie or K. Rool wouldn't be in the vanilla roster. The only thing we have any fragment of evidence for is that K. Rool seems to be one of more popular characters in the ballot.

Last edited:

Hippopotasauce

Smash Lord
NNID
Hippopotasauce

This is reminds me of how people were saying Dixie and K. Rool were 'practically guaranteed' before Sm4sh came out

There is literally no evidence that Wolf is guaranteed, that multiple characters will be DLC, or that they're already working on a character

It's this exact type of thinking that got everyone's hopes up only to be crushed when we found out Dixie or K. Rool wouldn't be in the vanilla roster. The only thing we have any fragment of evidence for is that K. Rool seems to be one of more popular characters in the ballot.
Because there's going to be a ridiculous break between Lucas's release in June and the first ballot character otherwise. I mean, I guess they could have a big break in DLC characters for Smash and fill it with costumes or stages or whatever, but I can't really see them doing that.
Multiple DLC characters seems likely to me though because Sakurai stating that they wouldn't be able to do very many implies more than one.

Last edited:

Zombie Saurian

Smash Journeyman
So I went back, as per Kupa's request, and translated my messages for Japanese audiences. Let's help spread this around guys and gals!

Attachments

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Because there's going to be a ridiculous break between Lucas's release in June and the first ballot character otherwise.
If anything I think the way it'll work is we get Wolf in August and the first ballot character in October. Then there'd potentially be additional characters announced during this time, with the last one being released in March/April.

If they space them out two months, they could release one character every two months until February for an additional 4 characters, for a grand total of 6. If they did start a character already, though, then that could be sooner, but thinking it over, the timing for every two months is actually perfect I'd say.

Because Lucas.

No one is saying this about any character except for Wolf, and the reason why is because the stars align PERFECTLY for Wolf. Nintendo confirmed they were listening to fans who wanted Lucas. Lucas was cut from Brawl along with Wolf. Wolf has nothing holding him back from getting into the game this time, and like Lucas could be easily directly ported with little-to-no effort, not to mention Star Fox U. Announcing Wolf at E3 is perfect since we're supposed to be getting new info on Star Fox U, and Wolf is already confirmed for it.

As for multiple characters, yes, I would agree with you on that. If it wasn't for the fact that the poll ends in OCTOBER. They're looking for several characters.

First of all, Wolf is an easy character to bring back. Wolf would not take another six months to develop, and there's nothing else they can do during this time. Stage DLC, sure, but that wouldn't take up all that time. Either they're working on another character right now, or they're going to start a new character by about E3 with preliminary polling data and have plans to release that character by about October.

Unless they're planning a huge new game mode, then all they can fill up this time with is a few stages and costumes. And they're NOT going to wait until October to start work on another character, its simply not feasible. A date of October implies they're planning on dragging this out upwards of a year from now.

The odds are completely and totally in favor of having several DLC characters and likely stages as well (probably more stages, naturally). Stage DLC will likely pick up as they finish off development on Tournaments (or, again, they have plans for a new big game mode).

Last edited:

lordrogersmith6485

Smash Cadet
Because there's going to be a ridiculous break between Lucas's release in June and the first ballot character otherwise. I mean, they could just have a big break in DLC characters for Smash and fill it with costumes or stages or whatever, but I can't really see them doing that.
Multiple DLC characters seems likely to me though because Sakurai stating that they wouldn't be able to do very many implies more than one.
Also, why bring back Lucas and not Wolf? The demand for Wolf was only second to Lucas until he was confirmed, and now it's even stronger. I know it's a point that's been made countless times already, but I just felt like I needed to stress it again.

Just to stay on topic, I imagine they'll be around 2-3 DLC characters taken from the results of the ballot. I'll be fairly surprised if King K. Rool isn't one of them.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Because there's going to be a ridiculous break between Lucas's release in June and the first ballot character otherwise. I mean, I guess they could have a big break in DLC characters for Smash and fill it with costumes or stages or whatever, but I can't really see them doing that.
Its not just this, either. If they wait until the end of the ballot to even START a new character, that's going to be almost a year out. That probably won't happen. The end of the ballot will likely just determine who the last character will end up being, but they'd have probably started another character (or two) before that point. Wolf could feasibly come in August, which is fine... but then an 8-month break until the next character? Not likely.

We'll get at least one more character before that point, which means they'll have to have either started another character before putting up the poll, or having started the character shortly after the poll begins (within two months), which is more than enough time to get a preliminary result. In fact, that's more than enough to poll the internet for just one character.

Simply put, the poll is WAY too long if they only plan to make one character out of it.

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
Because Lucas.

No one is saying this about any character except for Wolf, and the reason why is because the stars align PERFECTLY for Wolf. Nintendo confirmed they were listening to fans who wanted Lucas. Lucas was cut from Brawl along with Wolf. Wolf has nothing holding him back from getting into the game this time, and like Lucas could be easily directly ported with little-to-no effort, not to mention Star Fox U. Announcing Wolf at E3 is perfect since we're supposed to be getting new info on Star Fox U, and Wolf is already confirmed for it.
Being ported from Brawl with ''little to no effort" takes about 3 months if Lucas' case is anything to go by

Last edited:

Steelia

Smash Champion
Its not just this, either. If they wait until the end of the ballot to even START a new character, that's going to be almost a year out. That probably won't happen. The end of the ballot will likely just determine who the last character will end up being, but they'd have probably started another character (or two) before that point. Wolf could feasibly come in August, which is fine... but then an 8-month break until the next character? Not likely.

We'll get at least one more character before that point, which means they'll have to have either started another character before putting up the poll, or having started the character shortly after the poll begins (within two months), which is more than enough time to get a preliminary result. In fact, that's more than enough to poll the internet for just one character.

Simply put, the poll is WAY too long if they only plan to make one character out of it.
The poll has an incredibly long deadline... but I believe that getting all the necessary votes in early is the key to success. This'll let Sakurai and co. know early on who people really want to see, versus having to wait until the poll ends, so they can get to work on making/buying rights to certain characters as soon as possible.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
The poll has an incredibly long deadline... but I believe that getting all the necessary votes in early is the key to success. This'll let Sakurai and co. know early on who people really want to see, versus having to wait until the poll ends, so they can get to work on making/buying rights to certain characters as soon as possible.
Well, yeah, exactly. I feel that they'll start working on a few characters early on... but why does the poll end so late? It doesn't make any sense that it ends so late unless they plan on starting new characters as late as shortly after the poll ends, but they'll probably start planning new characters much earlier than that.

Steelia

Smash Champion
Well, yeah, exactly. I feel that they'll start working on a few characters early on... but why does the poll end so late? It doesn't make any sense that it ends so late unless they plan on starting new characters as late as shortly after the poll ends, but they'll probably start planning new characters much earlier than that.
Maybe to see what fans truly want in the long-term? Shovel Knight, for instance, is doing very well early on. But as the months roll by, his hype train could die down, and he could end up getting topped by other characters people are really passionate about. Characters like him could be just a spur-of-the-moment thing as opposed to legitimate wants. Sakurai could pick a character now, come back later in a month or two and see who's doing well, pick another, and so on until the poll ends, rotating out the ones that don't hold up.

Or maybe he just likes big numbers and wants to see how many votes can come in :p

Last edited:
Created an account just to add my support to the one and only King K. Rool and this great thread! Good to see civil discussion in here compared to GameFaqs at times.

Voted for the King on the ballot on my laptop, will vote for him again on my phone, again on my brothers PC, once more on my Dads iPad, and another time on my Mum's laptop :)

What I wrote on the ballot form:

As a massive Donkey Kong & Smash Bros fan, it would be heartwarming and magical to see King K Rool be a playable character.

With his various disguises, slightly unstable, wacky personality and underhanded tactics, the King will stand out from the crowd.

He can utilise his large range of zany weaponry and gadgets used over the years as part of his moveset.

With King K Rool being a big part of one of the oldest, most treasured and iconic Nintendo franchises & being hugely popular
amongst all fans globally, there will be more than enough demand for him. The King needs to return.

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
I
Created an account just to add my support to the one and only King K. Rool and this great thread! Good to see civil discussion in here compared to GameFaqs at times.

Voted for the King on the ballot on my laptop, will vote for him again on my phone, again on my brothers PC, once more on my Dads iPad, and another time on my Mum's laptop :)

What I wrote on the ballot form:

As a massive Donkey Kong & Smash Bros fan, it would be heartwarming and magical to see King K Rool be a playable character.

With his various disguises, slightly unstable, wacky personality and underhanded tactics, the King will stand out from the crowd.

He can utilise his large range of zany weaponry and gadgets used over the years as part of his moveset.

With King K Rool being a big part of one of the oldest, most treasured and iconic Nintendo franchises & being hugely popular
amongst all fans globally, there will be more than enough demand for him. The King needs to return.
YAARR!! Welcome aboard the Gangplank Galleon, fellow Kremling!! Let's set sail and sink those scurvy dogs in the Ballot!!
(This is the norm of us here in the K. Rool thread, and welcome to SmashBoards!)

BowserK.Rool

Smash Champion
Found a pretty good orchestrated version of the story intro from Donkey Kong 64. You know, as great as the original DKC trilogy is, I think this game will really get people love K. Rool and his character. Heck if you ask me, he was the real star of this game.

Last edited:

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
Just coming in here to say the Kroc also has my vote. Here hoping that K. Rool will finally get his time in the spotlight!

Mewtwoultima

Smash Apprentice
Actually, I am having fun with this, and thanks for for appreciating the fan base, and once again, thx
Your welcome. I know I am having fun seeing the awesome fanart and voting petitions. What you guys are doing is great and how you promote supporting a characters inclusion. You guys go all out with interesting petition fliers, fanart, and even during the rough times or when the chance seems slim, you guys still did petitions and constantly made your voices heard. Especially for inclusion for future installments and knew this was our finest hour and are taking advantage of every minute of it. Glad you guys are having fun, which is why K.rool fans have a lot of respect. Not to mention, how professional it is here.

No offense to Ridley fans. They seem to bask to much in defeat and let things get to them easily. Surprised their hesitant with this golden opportunity as I've said before. I can sort of understand, but still, disappointment is part of the circle of life and fans have a lot of power. OperationRainfall got what it wished for and fought through, despite the odds being against the wall. At least they're helping support the Kutthroats and K.Rool's inclusion and contributing to other characters. Very nice of them. At least K.Rool, Isaac, Wolf, Dixie Kong, Ice Climbers, and Snake fans are stepping up to the plate and seizing this great opportunity. Also Banjo and Kazooie fans. Who saw that tweet coming? I sure didn't.

Can't wait to show my cousins the Ballout and convince her to vote for K.Rool on Easter. Bet they will since they like him a lot and are huge DKC fans.

Pureownege75

Smash Journeyman
Voted for K. Rool. He was my most wanted in the Smash 4 buildup. I think he has an excellent shot, because not only does he get a lot of votes from fans, but alot of the other highly voted characters don't have as good of a shot (Snake, Ridley, Shovel Knight, Geno, etc.) HERE'S TO K. ROOL IN SMASH WE CAN DO THIS!

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Agreed with this.

If the poll ignores IPs entirely, then there's absolutely no point to a poll whatsoever.

For all of you voting for the king multiple times with your phones and laptops, take them elsewhere and vote with another IP, not just from your house.
Nintendo is a company with a target demographic of families and communities.

That demographic would often consist of multiple members using the same IP to vote, particularly in Japan. This includes siblings and those at public libraries.

IPs definitely are not considered.

MandoBardanJusik

Smash Ace
Nintendo is a company with a target demographic of families and communities.

That demographic would often consist of multiple members using the same IP to vote, particularly in Japan. This includes siblings and those at public libraries.

IPs definitely are not considered.
Ya, I figure responses are part of the filtering, though here in the US they might have device IP filtering for X amount of Posts in X amount of time, but not for a network

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
What's up Kutthroats?

I'm pretty much rooting for ya to make your voices heard this time. You guys have ran quite a long while as of this day, and hopefully it'll pay off this time, unlike what happened last time for another well-known big canditate.

MandoBardanJusik

Smash Ace
You guys still have my support... but now I think I'm also going to vote for Falcon from Battle Clash and Metal Combat Falcon's Revenge
I've always wanted a mecha/battle bot in Smash, and this guy is even cooler looking than Ray

needless to say, they were super scope games, but hey they were made by Intelligent systems... and once again this makes me wish for Super Scope VC

But yeah, definitely hoping the best for K.Rool, and throwing my votes at some less likely characters too

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Have a link to another poll to vote on our glorious leader's behalf, kutthroats.

Link any and all polls that haven't been linked as they come up.
I like that first reason for K. Rool someone listed.

"K. Rool because non-human, heavyweight newcomers are the unicorn of newcomers."

It's so true. glad to see him ruling that poll too, and on Gamefaqs no less, who by and large used to scoff at the idea, iirc.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Keeping along those lines, anyone voting multiple times would be wise to switch between the genders they input. Some people were suggesting on Reddit that they might choose "one character for male voters and one for female voters."

While that may not happen, it's certainly better to have a more diverse collection of ballots in any case. Makes it less of a choice between "one character who the male voters like and one character who the female voters like."

Top Bottom