• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
My two KONG Letters on how I envision K. Rool.

I envision K. Rool as our first trap character. In short, he'd be ZSS Paralyzer, the character, trapping the opponent with gadgets like gas clouds (freezed, poisoned or slowed), elektrukution or Blunderbusses, before finishing them off with his normally way too slow finishers. Fits the character pretty well, to make the opponent tremble helpless before finishing them off

TheBazry64

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TheBazry64
I am counting 6 votes on different devices for me :)
I also voted in different ages and genders.
Seriously i think Rool has a good chance to be in the game if we can keep on getting votes for him

The Quarter Master

Smash Apprentice
I know a lot of us here are hoping for gold-bellied K. Rool, but I really don't think that will be the case. If you've looked at his trophy in Smash, THAT will be the K. Rool we're getting if anything.

Unless Sakurai decides to pull "a Sakruai" again, like he did with Pac-Man (giving us the original Pac and not the crappy redesign).

Last edited:

Dustydog96

Smash Ace
Keeping along those lines, anyone voting multiple times would be wise to switch between the genders they input. Some people were suggesting on Reddit that they might choose "one character for male voters and one for female voters."

While that may not happen, it's certainly better to have a more diverse collection of ballots in any case. Makes it less of a choice between "one character who the male voters like and one character who the female voters like."
I agree with this. Spreading votes into the female gender category is pretty important.

The Quarter Master

Smash Apprentice
I know a lot of people are starting to say that he won't (and maybe they're right), but I actually would REALLY love to see Shovel Knight in Smash along with K. Rool... I dunno, I just started thinking about it, and it sounded pretty cool actually.

But really, if anyone deserves to be in Smash, it's TEH KING.

Maxoxpower

Smash Ace
really like the game ( Shovel Knight)
but the fact is : 1 game only...and the game is also a xbox one and ps4 games with more bonus content.
don,t think he deserve it.

long live the KING.

Last edited:

blujay1524

Smash Cadet
really like the game ( Shovel Knight)
but the fact is : 1 game only...and the game is also a xbox one and ps4 games with more bonus content.
don,t think he deserve it.

long live the KING.
Agreed. Pirate's Curse was a better game anyway imho, Shantae deserves the next 3rd party spot being that all her games have been Nintendo exclusives and since Microsoft killed Banjo

xWolfiex

Smash Apprentice
NNID
xWolfie55x
3DS FC
2982-1721-1850
Someone answered it a few replies back in reply to my own comment about this very poll.

Also, it appears Nintendo specifically said "Please vote for Nintendo characters" which means no Third Parties right?
Where did they said that?

Omar_25

Smash Superstar
I'm regretting putting my vote towards Black Knight / Zelgius (even though he has no chance making it into smash 4). I should have voted for K rool...

cybersai

Smash Ace
Third party characters and much less indie game characters will never be chosen for DLC. Third party characters are a big deal, if they aren't in the base game they would never be included. Same reason I don't think Snake will be brought back.

Not counting Ridley or cut veterans like Wolf, then King K. Rool, Dixie and Isaac seem to be the 3 most popular characters.

toadster101

Banned via Warnings
NNID
toadster101
3DS FC
1891-1323-0892
I'm regretting putting my vote towards Black Knight / Zelgius (even though he has no chance making it into smash 4). I should have voted for K rool...
It's never too late to change sides, my dear. One of us, one of us, one of us! :demon:

Zombie Saurian

Smash Journeyman
Third party characters and much less indie game characters will never be chosen for DLC. Third party characters are a big deal, if they aren't in the base game they would never be included. Same reason I don't think Snake will be brought back.

Not counting Ridley or cut veterans like Wolf, then King K. Rool, Dixie and Isaac seem to be the 3 most popular characters.
Exactly, which is why I'm much less scared of Shovel Knight. He seems to just be a fad character, to be forgotten in a year or two. Look his game was good but not Smash bros worthy, especially when the mainstream viewer has no clue who he is. You could counter that by saying it'll advertise him but Knight, nah man I don't see it happening. He's Third Party as third parties get, he has only one good game and is very obscure, not very important to gaming history. Rayman has a better chance TBH. K. Rool is a Nintendo character icon that should have been in since Melee or Brawl.

Last edited:

Kaptain K. Roolenstein

Smash Apprentice
Put another vote for K. Rool through my Wii U this time. Still trying to come up with different things to say in each description.

"King K. Rool is one of my all time favorite villains in gaming. A lot of people are eager to see King K. Rool make a grand return for a very long time now. His inclusion would open a lot of doors for him, such as it being possible for him to return to being a main villain in the Donkey Kong Country series again. K. Rool wasn't just a video game boss, he was an event. A battle with him was a unique, challenging and unforgettable experience. It would make sense to replicate that feeling in the Smash Bros games, especially since DK and Diddy are missing their arch nemesis. Thanks for listening."

By the way, I've been mostly checking female off on the ballots.

The Quarter Master

Smash Apprentice
Exactly, which is why I'm much less scared of Shovel Knight. He seems to just be a fad character, to be forgotten in a year or two. Look his game was good but not Smash bros worthy, especially when the mainstream viewer has no clue who he is. You could counter that by saying it'll advertise him but Knight, nah man I don't see it happening. He's Third Party as third parties get, he has only one good game and is very obscure, not very important to gaming history. Rayman has a better chance TBH. K. Rool is a Nintendo character icon that should have been in since Melee or Brawl.
Oh GAWD, K. Rool in Melee? That would have been PERFECT.

BTW, Shantae support looks to be kicking up a notch. What do you guys think of her?

Last edited:

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
I'm curious how he would sound in Smash.

Sakurai pretending to be a crocodile? He did the voice for Dedede and maybe more.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
The top comment in the current "Who Did You Vote For?" thread on r/smashbros features this graphic. It's nice, succinct and accurate.

toadster101

Banned via Warnings
NNID
toadster101
3DS FC
1891-1323-0892
Oh GAWD, K. Rool in Melee? That would have been PERFECT.

BTW, Shantae support looks to be kicking up a notch. What do you guys think of her?
Shantae is a fantastic character. She is heroic, crafty, tough, and sexy. But so is Dixie Kong, and so is K. Rool. I'd support her more if she were a first party character, but the DK franchise takes priority from me. I'd like to see Shantae in a future installment, however, as far as I'm concerned, K. Rool should have been playable in Brawl. Give her fanbase time to flourish. This is K. Rool's finest hour.

Last edited:

Banjo-Kazooie

Smash Ace
NNID
Burudiman
3DS FC
2492-5021-9705
Personally I don't care if K. Rool gets his newer model over his old one or if he ends up being clonish of someone else (as long its reasonable, don't make it a Bowser clone that spits green fire pls). I just want another heavyweight to fight with.
The King D feels lonely.

cybersai

Smash Ace
Personally I don't care if K. Rool gets his newer model over his old one or if he ends up being clonish of someone else (as long its reasonable, don't make it a Bowser clone that spits green fire pls). I just want another heavyweight to fight with.
The King D feels lonely.
K Rool has a trophy in Smash U so we can assume he would look similar to his trophy.

They already made his design. Anyone have the screencap?

BlitznBurst

Smash Ace
Neither Lucas nor Mewtwo have actually used their trophy model in the actual game, K. Rool would most likely be redesigned if he did make it into the game.

Dru2

Hail to the King
NNID
DruetheDruid
3DS FC
0189-9845-3398
I know a lot of us here are hoping for gold-bellied K. Rool, but I really don't think that will be the case. If you've looked at his trophy in Smash, THAT will be the K. Rool we're getting if anything.

Unless Sakurai decides to pull "a Sakruai" again, like he did with Pac-Man (giving us the original Pac and not the crappy redesign).
I can see this happening, but I also think that since Rool hasn't been in a video game in 7 years, he's due for a possible redesign, if not just an HD version of older style K. Rool.

Also, for anyone who wants some related tunes for our king, here's a few neato remixes I think are pretty good.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bxx9UqvalII
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Ujj06NWOuo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WMsiSw2ELlg

Banjo-Kazooie

Smash Ace
NNID
Burudiman
3DS FC
2492-5021-9705
K Rool has a trophy in Smash U so we can assume he would look similar to his trophy.

They already made his design. Anyone have the screencap?
What I understand when people refer to "old" and "new" K. Rool are the Rare games era being the old K. Rool (which is the Melee trophy) and the post-Rare games era being the new K. Rool (Mario Super Sluggers, DK Jungle Climber series, and both Brawl and Sm4sh trophies).
As for costume choices, Im certain at least the naked K. Rool comes first. If we are lucky, he gets the Kaptain alt. And even luckier if we get the K. Roolstein alt. Pilot version from the unreleased Diddy Pilot game and the "pharaoh" look from Super Sluggers are extremely unlikely.

Like I mentioned before. Any style is fine with me.

Zombie Saurian

Smash Journeyman
As a cartoonist I'll come clean and say i like PAON's K.Rool head more due to the potential for a variety of facial expressions but vastly prefer other features of his Rare design like his tail, golden belly and overall body plan. I'm also extremely confident we'll get AT LEAST his Kaptain alt. Costume since it's his second widely known costume/persona.

Last edited:

RoseyBetch

Smash Journeyman
First time visiting this thread, I believe. However, I voted King K. Rool nonetheless. :awesome:

RoseyBetch

Smash Journeyman
I'm not creative and I haven't reached the end of DKC2 or 3. So what would his moveset consist of? I know he's a mad scientist and a pirate and what have ye, but I haven't seen all the boss fights, so is there a basic moveset I could see?

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
I'm curious how he would sound in Smash.

Sakurai pretending to be a crocodile? He did the voice for Dedede and maybe more.
Man, I'd **** a brick if they got Kevin Bayliss (Voice of K. Rool and Diddy in DK64) or equally amazed if we got Ben Campbell's amazing voice (DKC Cartoon K. Rool). :shades:

I'm not creative and I haven't reached the end of DKC2 or 3. So what would his moveset consist of? I know he's a mad scientist and a pirate and what have ye, but I haven't seen all the boss fights, so is there a basic moveset I could see?
See, that's sort of thing with K. Rool, there's so much potential for a good moveset it's hard to find a standard, unless you just go "Blunderbuss, crown, helicopter pack, ground pound, random physical stuff for A moves. Done."

But that's so simple and boring. And that's not what Smash 4's newcomers are about. I think someone posted a great one a couple pages back that used the Blunderbuss suction + cannonball fire for an F-Smash, the electrical traps for a downsmash, helicopter blades for an up-smash, and KAOS for an FS, which would be awesome.

Personally I liked the idea of dropping cannonballs from the sky for a down-b, and using that to ****ing mindgame/edgeguard like a pro.

Last edited:

TaichiYaegashi

Smash Ace
What I understand when people refer to "old" and "new" K. Rool are the Rare games era being the old K. Rool (which is the Melee trophy) and the post-Rare games era being the new K. Rool (Mario Super Sluggers, DK Jungle Climber series, and both Brawl and Sm4sh trophies).
As for costume choices, Im certain at least the naked K. Rool comes first. If we are lucky, he gets the Kaptain alt. And even luckier if we get the K. Roolstein alt. Pilot version from the unreleased Diddy Pilot game and the "pharaoh" look from Super Sluggers are extremely unlikely.
*trophy images*
Like I mentioned before. Any style is fine with me.
Am I the only one that just sees "derp" from K. Rool's Melee trophy? Please tell me I'm not.

It's like he got hit over the head a few times rather hard and now he doesn't even know his name.

Last edited:

KingZing

Smash Journeyman
Am I the only one that just sees "derp" from K. Rool's Melee trophy? Please tell me I'm not.
lol yeah, he looks goofy, but a lot better than in Brawl and SSB4 trophies. In those he just looks plain ********.

Last edited:

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
lol yeah, he looks goofy
But...but that trophy description was probably the best! Plus I'll take a derpy look if it meant keeping the gold belly; that's one of the most distinctive features of the King.

Paon certainly succeeded in making him look more like crocodile Bowser. I hope if he gets in Sakurai decides he needs the Rare design. Which he's done before of course, with Diddy's Brawl moveset. <3

Also, I'm listening to this masterpiece right now, and am just feeling so many incredibly feels at the Crystal Cave/Hideout parts because those were my absolute favorites, and they aren't being forgotten anymore! Kids today get to experience them like I did! Virtual console! YAAAAAY!!

I never thought they'd see Nintendo again...

Last edited:

KingZing

Smash Journeyman
But...but that trophy description was probably the best! Plus I'll take a derpy look if it meant keeping the gold belly; that's one of the most distinctive features of the King.

Paon certainly succeeded in making him look more like crocodile Bowser. I hope if he gets in Sakurai decides he needs the Rare design. Which he's done before of course, with Diddy's Brawl moveset. <3
Yeah, Rare's K Rool, besides maybe his legs and a couple of details, is perfect.

Last edited:

PF9

Smash Lord
I've always said that Smash doesn't have enough playable villains. K. Rool would make an excellent addition to the Smash roster. If Bowser, his son, the Koopalings, and Wario can represent Mario or its sub-series as villains (though Wario isn't always bad), why not the king of the Kremlings himself? When I put together an exploratory roster for Smash 4, K. Rool was one of the newcomers I had in mind. I was kind of disappointed to see he didn't make it, especially when Brawl brought us a DK series newcomer in the form of Diddy Kong. I've always wondered who would win a battle between K.Rool and Bowser, I hope I can get that chance to see it happen.

Top Bottom