• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

Laniv

Smash Champion
So Kutthroats, I'm not sure if this has been asked already, but what reason did you give for voting for K. Rool?

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
So Kutthroats, I'm not sure if this has been asked already, but what reason did you give for voting for K. Rool?
Personally, I said that K. Rool has been one of my favorite Nintendo bad guys in the world of Nintendo. I've liked him since I first played Donkey Kong Country. I also said that he has tons of moves he could use in the fight, like his gun from DKC2 and his shockwave from DK64.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
- Massively popular.
- Donkey Kong is underrepresented.
- Adds another villain.
- Heavyweight
- Loads of costumes.

:231:

cybersai

Smash Ace
So apparently King K. Rool is dominating all the polls people have kept track of over at places like reddit, neogaf, gamefaqs, etc.

Not counting cut veterans or Ridley, he is by far the most popular requested character. And unlike Ridley, there's no "too big" argument holding him back. If King K Rool doesn't get in this time (especially since there's bound to be at least 2-4 DLC characters from the ballot at least), then Sakurai has some bizarre hatred of the character.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
So apparently King K. Rool is dominating all the polls people have kept track of over at places like reddit, neogaf, gamefaqs, etc.

Not counting cut veterans or Ridley, he is by far the most popular requested character. And unlike Ridley, there's no "too big" argument holding him back. If King K Rool doesn't get in this time (especially since there's bound to be at least 2-4 DLC characters from the ballot at least), then Sakurai has some bizarre hatred of the character.
That is GREAT! This may be our finest hour yet! K. Rool could get in after all!

BowserK.Rool

Smash Champion

King K. Rool, Banjo-Kazooie, Dixie Kong, and Isaac would be the best 4 dlc characters from the ballot.

SuperiorYoshi87

Smash Lord
NNID
AVENGERxTHOR
Got another 4 votes today from various friends and coworkers! It's not much but every little bit helps!!!

KEEP VOTING KUTTHROATS!!!!

Last edited:

toadster101

Banned via Warnings
NNID
toadster101
3DS FC
1891-1323-0892
Whoever made that, I love you.
Aww, how cute. As a sign of your love for me, you should spread this image around and get people to "yeah" it. The more exposure we get, the better. Miiverse is a good place to advertise because it helps us reach out to individuals who may not frequent forums like SmashBoards, GameFAQs, NeoGAF, etc. Losing this battle is out of the question. Thankfully, it looks like we're doing well so far.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493

I'm still being pessimistic and assuming that aside from probably Wolf, the vote will only get us one more character. It'd certainly make sense if it didn't, and be more of a good use of their time, but hey, I've done this long enough I feel better being pessimistic.

However, I can't be pessimistic about K. Rool mania at the moment. Lawdy.

Aww, how cute. As a sign of your love for me, you should spread this image around and get people to "yeah" it. The more exposure we get, the better. Miiverse is a good place to advertise because it helps us reach out to individuals who may not frequent forums like SmashBoards, GameFAQs, NeoGAF, etc. Losing this battle is out of the question. Thankfully, it looks like we're doing well so far.
I'll be getting right on that!

Maxoxpower

Smash Ace

cybersai

Smash Ace
I'm still being pessimistic and assuming that aside from probably Wolf, the vote will only get us one more character. It'd certainly make sense if it didn't, and be more of a good use of their time, but hey, I've done this long enough I feel better being pessimistic.

However, I can't be pessimistic about K. Rool mania at the moment. Lawdy.
Not counting Mewtwo, Lucas or Wolf...I think we'll get at least 2-3 more characters from the ballot.

I don't think any third party characters will get chosen, so the people voting for Shovel Knight, Simon Belmont, Rayman, Shantae, Bayonetta are probably going to be ignored. Also probably not Ridley because Sakurai is bias.

With that knowledge I do think King K. Rool, Isaac and possibly Dixie Kong will be among the chosen few. My only concern is Sakurai probably doesn't want to use DLC for two characters from the same series, so we probably won't get both Dixie and K Rool because he'll want to spread the wealth among franchises.

cephalopod17

Smash Ace
NNID
cephalopod17
I think the only popular third party that actually stands a chance is Shovel Knight, just because Yacht Club Games is close to Nintendo. I really do think that K. Rool has a good chance.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Not counting Mewtwo, Lucas or Wolf...I think we'll get at least 2-3 more characters from the ballot.

I don't think any third party characters will get chosen, so the people voting for Shovel Knight, Simon Belmont, Rayman, Shantae, Bayonetta are probably going to be ignored. Also probably not Ridley because Sakurai is bias.

With that knowledge I do think King K. Rool, Isaac and possibly Dixie Kong will be among the chosen few. My only concern is Sakurai probably doesn't want to use DLC for two characters from the same series, so we probably won't get both Dixie and K Rool because he'll want to spread the wealth among franchises.
If there's only 3 characters, I don't think we'll get Dixie Kong as well on top of that. It'd probably be Dixie or K. Rool. If we get upwards of 5 characters, then yes, I agree.

Granted, I'm ignoring Wolf in all of this. I think the roughly 2-3 more characters does not include Wolf at all. And I also feel like we're getting at least three characters because the timing is way off. If they only planned one character, this would only go on for a month or two.

Mewtwoultima

Smash Apprentice
Hello fellow Kutthroats. It's been a while since I've been here. Glad to see this place get rejuvenated and excited about the possibility of K.Rool as dlc. I know I am because he is my third most wanted character. I got Mewtwo and Pac-man, now I just need K.rool. I love the fun all you guys are having and your also doing a great job spreading and convincing people to vote for K.Rool, even in the toughest of times. Nice to see a very passionate fan base and one that never backs down, even when they accept defeat or reality at times. I just watched the be prepared K.Rool video because it fits the situation well and it is his finest hour. The best part of the ballout, it will also serve as character considerations for not just dlc fighters for ssb4, but possible future installments. A win win if you ask me. Fans have a lot of power at times after all. So this is your time to shine Kutthroats!

By the way, I voted K.Rool myself since I really like the character and feel he has a very good chance of being considered for playability. I also voted Inkling, Ridley, and Bomberman on other separate devices. Say what you will about Ridley being unlikely, I still feel it's worth a shot to vote him in. I can understand being cautious about him though and focusing more on K.Rool, Isaac, Wolf, Inkling, and other ones. Sakurai does change his mind after all. He did with the whole dlc thing and Lucas came back due to fan demand and Fatal Frame 5 is coming to the states thanks to fan demand. Glad you guys are getting the most out of this wonderful opportunity. I also love the mii verse post and fanart to spread the K.Rool for dlc support. Excellent work guys. Keep working hard, and we may just get that big reward. I believe in that motive. At the very least, K.Rool will open people's eyes for a great character consideration.

SpectreJordan

Smash Lord
NNID
SpectreJordan
King K. Rool, Banjo-Kazooie, Dixie Kong, and Isaac would be the best 4 dlc characters from the ballot.
I love me some DK, but I don't think two characters from a single franchise should be DLC. Have K Rool as DLC & then have Dixie in Smash 5.

I think the only popular third party that actually stands a chance is Shovel Knight, just because Yacht Club Games is close to Nintendo. I really do think that K. Rool has a good chance.
IDK about that. Yacht Club might have burned some bridges with Nintendo by giving Sony & MS exclusive content (Kratos & the Battletoads) but nothing for Nintendo.

I'd say Bayonetta would be the most likely third party character seeing as how Bayonetta 2 was just released.

cybersai

Smash Ace
I'm not sure why people think we can't get both Dixie and K. Rool. Most of Dixie's model is largely the same as Diddy's (always was), just with some slight alterations. She could probably be a semi-clone similar to Falco/Wolf or Ness/Lucas and she wouldn't take as much work to complete. Just a few unique specials with her hair.

King K. Rool would obviously be a huge DLC character they would have to start from scratch, so him getting the most votes is necessary. I could see King K. Rool getting the big development and Dixie being a quickie semi-clone on the side.

mynameisBlade

Smash Lord
Well, I just got back from Verizon, and there, I finished up voting on each device. I mostly voted for Wolf and King K. Rool. Overall, I managed to cast a vote on each of 47 different devices, total. Man, that took a lot of wok, but it was worth it.
I am curious when you do cast these votes..do you copy/paste same stuff for the "Why should this character be included" part? Just thought I'd ask. That is a lot of work to think up different stuff each time. I would know because I do just that ..haha. Was just very curious if you did the same or just voted quickly on each different device?

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
I am curious when you do cast these votes..do you copy/paste same stuff for the "Why should this character be included" part? Just thought I'd ask. That is a lot of work to think up different stuff each time. I would know because I do just that ..haha. Was just very curious if you did the same or just voted quickly on each different device?
No, actually. I said something different every time.

Luigi player

Smash Master
I have a feeling K.Rool will be a character in Smash by Christmas time! The best part of this to me is a K.Rool Amiibo! :D
Damn... a K. Rool amiibo would be an instant-buy for me. I really want one now. Good thing it's looking quite well for K. Rool fans, this Smash Charaker Ballot is from the heavens! :)

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I'm not sure why people think we can't get both Dixie and K. Rool. Most of Dixie's model is largely the same as Diddy's (always was), just with some slight alterations. She could probably be a semi-clone similar to Falco/Wolf or Ness/Lucas and she wouldn't take as much work to complete. Just a few unique specials with her hair.

King K. Rool would obviously be a huge DLC character they would have to start from scratch, so him getting the most votes is necessary. I could see King K. Rool getting the big development and Dixie being a quickie semi-clone on the side.
I think its perfectly acceptable for them both to get in if we'll get about 4-5 characters out of this poll. If its only three, though, then I do not think we'll get both. (That's not including Wolf, again, who is basically in regardless of the polling.)

Yoshi-Thomas

Smash Champion
Honestly, I don't see how K. Rool cannot be included now that the poll is a thing...
Isn't he the most wanted character who is not a veteran, both in U.S. (if we put Ridley aside) and Japan (or maybe is it Dixie) ?
I'm sorry that I won't vote for him though. Not because I don't want him, but he is so much of a sure thing that I'll place my vote on Snake (which is atm less likely than the King). However I really hope you guys will get him in.

Hippopotasauce

Smash Lord
NNID
Hippopotasauce
Anyone have an idea of what the largest demographic of the voters are?

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Honestly, I don't see how K. Rool cannot be included now that the poll is a thing...
Isn't he the most wanted character who is not a veteran, both in U.S. (if we put Ridley aside) and Japan (or maybe is it Dixie) ?
I'm sorry that I won't vote for him though. Not because I don't want him, but he is so much of a sure thing that I'll place my vote on Snake (which is atm less likely than the King). However I really hope you guys will get him in.
According to everything we know, K. Rool is the most wanted newcomer in both the west and Japan right now. I still hate to see he's a "sure thing," but I really am much more hopeful now. The most requested Nintendo newcomers right now appear to be K. Rool and Isaac... which is awesome because they've been my most wanted since the game was first announced.

G-Guy

Smash Ace
NNID
G-Guy1990
I believe that Wolf will be included anyways, no matter how many people will vote for him. Sakurai and friends can pretty much import a lot of code from Brawl, so I do not see why Wolf won't come back.

K Rool on the other hand needs our support and it looks pretty good from here!
Don't get afraid of people demanding Wolf, because he will return regardless of the Ballot. :D

mynameisBlade

Smash Lord
Lets keep it up !!! Made this as more promotional material in PS. Tweeting it to Grant Kirkhope, David Wise, Shigeru Miyamoto, Ken Lobb and the whole old Rare team and a few more!

Going to see if any of these guys budge at all towards this movement!

#KrocTheVote.jpg

Hippopotasauce

Smash Lord
NNID
Hippopotasauce
I believe that Wolf will be included anyways, no matter how many people will vote for him. Sakurai and friends can pretty much import a lot of code from Brawl, so I do not see why Wolf won't come back.

K Rool on the other hand needs our support and it looks pretty good from here!
Don't get afraid of people demanding Wolf, because he will return regardless of the Ballot. :D
I can see them announcing Wolf alongside Starfox at E3 and having a deal like buying Starfox gets you Wolf for free.

showmeyourmoves54

Smash Cadet
NNID
MTGBIGGZ
Hello fellow Kutthroats. It's been a while since I've been here. Glad to see this place get rejuvenated and excited about the possibility of K.Rool as dlc. I know I am because he is my third most wanted character. I got Mewtwo and Pac-man, now I just need K.rool. I love the fun all you guys are having and your also doing a great job spreading and convincing people to vote for K.Rool, even in the toughest of times. Nice to see a very passionate fan base and one that never backs down, even when they accept defeat or reality at times. I just watched the be prepared K.Rool video because it fits the situation well and it is his finest hour. The best part of the ballout, it will also serve as character considerations for not just dlc fighters for ssb4, but possible future installments. A win win if you ask me. Fans have a lot of power at times after all. So this is your time to shine Kutthroats!

By the way, I voted K.Rool myself since I really like the character and feel he has a very good chance of being considered for playability. I also voted Inkling, Ridley, and Bomberman on other separate devices. Say what you will about Ridley being unlikely, I still feel it's worth a shot to vote him in. I can understand being cautious about him though and focusing more on K.Rool, Isaac, Wolf, Inkling, and other ones. Sakurai does change his mind after all. He did with the whole dlc thing and Lucas came back due to fan demand and Fatal Frame 5 is coming to the states thanks to fan demand. Glad you guys are getting the most out of this wonderful opportunity. I also love the mii verse post and fanart to spread the K.Rool for dlc support. Excellent work guys. Keep working hard, and we may just get that big reward. I believe in that motive. At the very least, K.Rool will open people's eyes for a great character consideration.
Actually, I am having fun with this, and thanks for for appreciating the fan base, and once again, thx

G-Guy

Smash Ace
NNID
G-Guy1990
I can see them announcing Wolf alongside Starfox at E3 and having a deal like buying Starfox gets you Wolf for free.
THIS! This sounds pretty good! What better way to promote a Wii U game than with a DLC freebie for the probably most popular multiplayer game on Wii U.

showmeyourmoves54

Smash Cadet
NNID
MTGBIGGZ
U know, this feels like another little Mac moment for smash, where he had to earn his way into smash, even though he should of been in it since the beginning.

GhostlyLure

Smash Lord
NNID
GhostlyLureioi
I'd prefer K.Rool over Dixie...My hope list if we 3 - 4 DLC characters are Bandanna Dee (Obiviously), K. Rool, Issac (So everyone can shut up),& Shantae {More people to silence} (Or Tom Nook) {Silence me}.

Top Bottom