• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

NNID
AwesomeCauliflwr
3DS FC
0576-6167-0092
Ain't it obvious? Its Kalypso :p

Also I imagine that K.Rool's Helipack would work like ROB's up B, full maneuverability, and a good amount of lift, but with a hitbox that forces you into a steep glide if you are attacked
I don't know why everyone thinks K Rool and kalypso are together, kalypso looks WAY too young for him

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804

Alert. A certain Bear & Bird from Rare now have a chance.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493

This must be some horrible plot at Microsoft to make me choose between my two great loves. It must be.

WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

Pallex

Smash Journeyman

How does that affect K. Rool? Sure the developers were involved with both games but they are two different series.

Just vote for both. Not that the votes are actually counted.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
How does that affect K. Rool? Sure the developers were involved with both games but they are two different series.

Just vote for both. Not that the votes are actually counted.
Doesn't really affect K. Rool, but both Banjo and K. Rool are products of the same company, so there's a lot of overlap in the fanbase. Seriously, this is awesome news.

:231:

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Doesn't really affect K. Rool, but both Banjo and K. Rool are products of the same company, so there's a lot of overlap in the fanbase. Seriously, this is awesome news.

:231:
It'd be great if by some miracle we could get both, but MORE IMPORTANTLY, direct interest from M$ could help get Banjo into the NEXT game even if not this one.

Going to start tossing out votes for the King AND Banjo even still, now that this pipe dream became a real possibility.

Speaking of that; FallKoopa, can you reopen the Banjo thread? Last I saw it was locked.

Last edited:

ChosenZelos

Smash Apprentice
Yay! So glad this thread is open again!

I MISSED YOU GUYS.

THE RIDE NEVER ENDS. LET'S DO THIS.

THE DREAM ISN'T OVER... HAIL TO THE KING!

cybersai

Smash Ace
This thread is great. Honestly reminds me of the Ridley thread before he was confirmed to be a boss.

Besides Ridley its undeniable that King K Rool was the most requested newcomer.

mynameisBlade

Smash Lord
Would anyone like to volunteer on making a very well-done "Miiverse" drawing of the King? The best one out there right now is this one of Zero. (thumbnail below) It has gotten a lot of attention from the Miiverse community and it MAY or MAY NOT be because of how well its drawn, BUT if we can do something similar and beat THAT which I am sure one of the Kutthroats Kan, then we will gather more support on "Miiverse".
zero miiverse drawing.jpg

Last edited:

BlitznBurst

Smash Ace
This thread is great. Honestly reminds me of the Ridley thread before he was confirmed to be a boss.

Besides Ridley its undeniable that King K Rool was the most requested newcomer.
tbh the Ridley topic was a den of arguments and ****posting. I'm honestly impressed this topic has managed to maintain 580 pages of civil, on-topic discussion.

DJ3DS

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0602-6256-9118
King K. Rool Moveset Time!

Firstly, note that I envision K. Rool in his DKC1 appearance, pulling out gadgets from other games as necessary.

SPECIAL ATTACKS

Neutral - Krown Toss - K. Rool throws his krown as a boomerang. Similar to Toon Link's Side Special.

Down - Kannon Overhead - K. Rool kommands a kannon shot which fires down from the sky in front of him. Good for edge-guarding and finishing opponents near the ceiling, but predictable. Envisage a weaker Bowling Ball from Villager, but one that spawns from the top.

Side - Kannon Shot - K. Rool fires a kannonball forwards at a speed and distance determined by charge. When it hits the floor, it grows spikes and becomes a projectile hitbox. Picture this as very similar to R.O.B.s gyro.

Up - Kopter - K. Rool flies upwards with his kopter. Either give it some speed (which I am not sure would look right) and a hitbox or make it similar to R.O.B.'s recovery.

SMASH ATTACKS

Down - Electrokute - K. Rool presses a remote and the ground around him is electrified briefly, dealing low damage but paralysing opponents for a quick follow up.

Side - Kannon Va
cuum - During the charging period of this smash attack, K. Rool pulls opponents towards him using the vacuum; before firing an explosive blast in front of him. He has super armour during the charging period.

Up - Kopter Blades -
K. Rool extends his kopter blades and whirls them at high speed. Powerful and disjointed, but duration makes it easily punishable.

STANDARD ATTACKS

Dash - Leap - K. Rool leaps forwards whilst running.

Jab - Kombo - K. Rool performs a boxing kombo whilst wearing gloves, similar to Villager.

Down - Krokodile Sweep - K. Rool sweeps the ground in front of him quickly with his tail. Similar to Yoshi's.

Side - Klobber - K. Rool punches forwards. His boxing glove comes off his hand, giving a slight disjoint, though this disjoint is sourspotted compared to hitting with the hand.

Up - Upperkut - K. Rool delivers a swift upperkut to his foes.

AERIALS

Neutral - Karousel - Spins in the air with a disjointed tail hitbox. See Charizard or R.O.B.

Down - Kannon Blast - K. Rool fires a kannon blast downwards. This is a strong spike, as well as stalling in midair. See R.O.B.'s spike.

Forward - Klaws - K. Rool kuickly swipes forwards with his klaws.

Back - Tail Swipe -
Swipes backwards in the air with his tail.

Up - Krown - Headbutts upwards wearing a sharp krown.

I did make a moveset a while ago but like this one much better. I feel that it gets a good balance of his abilities from all four of his main boss fights. Similarities with R.O.B. cannot be wholly avoided if you are going for a heavy zoning character but are not wholly unintentional. I think I stole a couple of ideas from other peoples movesets as well.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Alright, I caved in. I was only going to pick a single character but I went with 3. Isaac, Wolf and of course King K. Rool. I hope if he gets the chance, he'll be as unique as many of us hope he'll be.

KingZing

Smash Journeyman
I don't know if this has been brought before, but are we really allowed to vote multiple times? I'm starting to think they track IP addresses or something. It's too good to think anyone could vote indefinitely for K Rool or any character.

Just in case, I'm glad I voted K Rool first before I did with Banjo-Kazooie and Captain Syrup.

SmashJC

Smash Journeyman
Obiously wolf will be, he was in brawl, and will return for more action, such like Lucas and Mewtwo.
Note that almost all the villans in the smash roster are kings, King Dedede, King of Koopas, King of evil, now there's a possible new king in smash, King of Kremlings. Seriously, i've made a thread for voting for crash on the crash mania forum, and almost all of the people that commented said king k rool will win.

Last edited:

Dustydog96

Smash Ace
I don't know if this has been brought before, but are we really allowed to vote multiple times? I'm starting to think they track IP addresses or something. It's too good to think anyone could vote indefinitely for K Rool or any character.

Just in case, I'm glad I voted K Rool first before I did with Banjo-Kazooie and Captain Syrup.
I thought the same exact thing. I've voted for K. Rool like 3 different times now but don't feel like it matters how many times you vote considering it says something like "thanks for your submission!" Just feels like you get one for every IP address or something. But then I thought, "Nintendo knows a lot of people have siblings who'd also like to vote, so maybe that's now how they do it."

Dustydog96

Smash Ace
Obiously wolf will be, he was in brawl, and will return for more action, such like Lucas and Mewtwo.
Note that almost all the villans in the smash roster are kings, King Dedede, King of Koopas, King of evil, now there's a possible new king in smash, King of Kremlings.
A lot of people solemnly believe Wolf will be auto-included while I really don't think so. The fact that Wolf ISN'T a newcomer and is very similar to Fox/Falco makes me think his chances are slim. And Fox has Wolf's side-b as a custom AND has his color palette as an alternate skin. It just really feels they covered the gap of where Wolf once was with Fox's customs and colors. And although "SURE, Lucas made it in," I think that was a completely different scenario. Lucas DOES have some differences to Ness that aren't already in the game & had the biggest fan cryout of any character out there.

Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
A lot of people solemnly believe Wolf will be auto-included while I really don't think so. The fact that Wolf ISN'T a newcomer and is very similar to Fox/Falco makes me think his chances are slim. And Fox has Wolf's side-b as a custom AND has his color palette as an alternate skin. It just really feels they covered the gap of where Wolf once was with Fox's customs and colors. And although "SURE, Lucas made it in," I think that was a completely different scenario. Lucas DOES have some differences to Ness that aren't already in the game & had the biggest fan cryout of any character out there.
Lucas is the same other than colour and the fact Wolf has a new game coming this year. Lucas is dead and only slightly more requested than Wolf

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
A lot of people solemnly believe Wolf will be auto-included while I really don't think so. The fact that Wolf ISN'T a newcomer and is very similar to Fox/Falco makes me think his chances are slim. And Fox has Wolf's side-b as a custom AND has his color palette as an alternate skin. It just really feels they covered the gap of where Wolf once was with Fox's customs and colors.
The color pallette doesn't look like Wolf. It just happens to be grey. And even then, Ness has Lucas' B moves as customs.

And Wolf's a moves are as different from Fox/Falco as DK is to Mario.

KingZing

Smash Journeyman
I thought the same exact thing. I've voted for K. Rool like 3 different times now but don't feel like it matters how many times you vote considering it says something like "thanks for your submission!" Just feels like you get one for every IP address or something. But then I thought, "Nintendo knows a lot of people have siblings who'd also like to vote, so maybe that's now how they do it."
I hope you're right... I also thought of the siblings theory, but still, I'm very skeptical about that.

Thanks for the compliment guys! Means a ton!

Also, I know the Kampaign Twitter page favorited this, what's the legitimacy on this?
https://twitter.com/GBASPGamer/status/584060423088971776
Hmm well that's strange... I don't think it's official, I doubt someone other than Nintendo got access to the results so far. I think it's from another parallel unofficial survey where people say whom they voted in the official one.

Still, WOOHOO, THE KING'S ON FIRE! All I've seen recently is K Rool being 1st or 2nd in all polls! Keep it up people!

Last edited:

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Wolf has many differences from Fox and Falco, pretty much the only similarities that they have with each other lie in their B-moves and FS, just like Lucas. Also, while Lucas was the most wanted in Japan, Wolf was still second to him there and is the most wanted character to come back in the west, so he's very desired to return even without this ballot in consideration.

Anyway, getting off topic. Good to see that King K. Rool is second in that poll.

Last edited:

Dustydog96

Smash Ace
Lucas is the same other than colour and the fact Wolf has a new game coming this year. Lucas is dead and only slightly more requested than Wolf
IBut another reason I think Wolf's chances are slim is because I think Nintendo is looking for Newcomers at this point. "To give other characters a chance" so to say. Which is also why I don't think Snakes going to make the cut. But I don't have PIN POINT evidence of all this, just feels this way considering we've already gotten 2 newcomers on the way as DLC.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
IBut another reason I think Wolf's chances are slim is because I think Nintendo is looking for Newcomers at this point. "To give other characters a chance" so to say. Which is also why I don't think Snakes going to make the cut. But I don't have PIN POINT evidence of all this, just feels this way considering we've already gotten 2 newcomers on the way as DLC.
Then why put in Lucas instead of Wolf who was only slightly more popular in Japan yet less popular overall? Wolf has a new game coming

Zombie Saurian

Smash Journeyman
A bit off topic, but on another forum, someone posted the results of a poll asking who voted for who, which is here.

http://i.imgur.com/cmB6EUB.png

Anyone know the link to the poll where these results came from?
Someone answered it a few replies back in reply to my own comment about this very poll.

Also, it appears Nintendo specifically said "Please vote for Nintendo characters" which means no Third Parties right?

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Someone answered it a few replies back in reply to my own comment about this very poll.

Also, it appears Nintendo specifically said "Please vote for Nintendo characters" which means no Third Parties right?
Does anyone have a link to the poll?

Top Bottom