• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
W-w-wait...... HOLD UP FOR A MOMENT! NOBODY MOVE!

IS DK64 COMING TO VC!??!?!

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
If I just looked at him then I would say "meh" but his moveset.........gosh that would be fun!
votekingkrool.jpg

Good enough or nay?

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
Is it worth getting the DKCs on VC if you already have them on the SNES and emulator?

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
SNES > GBA > VC > Emulator

In my humble personal opinion

MandoBardanJusik

Smash Ace
I like to think that k Rools wife was just a part of his baron k roolenstein persona and he thinks she exists when she actually doesn't
Ain't it obvious? Its Kalypso :p

Also I imagine that K.Rool's Helipack would work like ROB's up B, full maneuverability, and a good amount of lift, but with a hitbox that forces you into a steep glide if you are attacked

foolssigma

Smash Ace
NNID
NYTims
Took me a while to decide but I went with K Rool. All of my most wanted characters are in Smash 4 and K Rool is the next best possibility. I also started sending my friends the videos of K Rool singing for fun :)

Let's hope for the best. K Rool already has a ton of momentum and there is no reason for it to stop any time soon.

Took me a while to decide but I went with K Rool. All of my most wanted characters are in Smash 4 and K Rool is the next best possibility. I also started sending my friends the videos of K Rool singing for fun :)

Let's hope for the best. K Rool already has a ton of momentum and there is no reason for it to stop any time soon.
initiation time

welcome kutthroat

i will try to spread the word around to vote for k rool,i already voted on all of my devices as well as some donkey kong forum sites.

and i might or might not be working on some more fanart of a green crocodile :)

Last edited:

AbsoluteZer0Nova

Smash Cadet
Interesting results. http://i.imgur.com/cWr4KPF.png

King K. Rool is actually the most requested newcomer for DLC in Japan. I'm for him to be the chosen Ballot Fighter character and Wolf to be another returning character without being needed to be chosen in the Ballot because of Star Fox Wii U.

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021

King K. Rool is actually the most requested newcomer for DLC in Japan. I'm for him to be the chosen Ballot Fighter character and Wolf to be another returning character without being needed to be chosen in the Ballot because of Star Fox Wii U.
wuuuut. where did they vote?

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
wuuuut. where did they vote?
That's not a poll result, its actually results of PushDustin checking who people were talking about most on Japanese social media. Its not a "poll", its what characters were being talked about a lot. And K. Rool was the highest as far as newcomers go.

I seriously think King K. Rool has a strong chance to be chosen!

MainJPW

M.T.A
King K. Rools chance is definitely strong!
Correct me if this was already mentioned but Derrik Bitner of gamexplain mentioned King K. Rool as a high request among other characters such as Isaac and Ridley in yesterday's discussion on the Direct.
Youtuber Loves Smash also mention K. Rool as being the most asked for character in his DLC & Nintendo Direct discussion.
I'll try to get as many people as I can to #KrocTheVote!

Last edited:

IMainKingKRool

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NYEH_HEH_HEH
Voted K. Rool already. Got a couple of mates to do so as well. DK64 is on VC. (Also hyped hard for Lucas, but that's besides the point. :p ) Things are looking on the up and up!
For me, anyway. There's always room for more pessimism, but until then I'm in the best mood I have been for months, and I wanna keep it that way!

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Voted K. Rool already. Got a couple of mates to do so as well. DK64 is on VC. (Also hyped hard for Lucas, but that's besides the point. :p ) Things are looking on the up and up!
For me, anyway. There's always room for more pessimism, but until then I'm in the best mood I have been for months, and I wanna keep it that way!
Yeah, let's not lose our heads of course; but if nothing else, we should be able to show them just how much we really want K. Rool, so even if he doesn't make it this time, next time will be better for us.

And I've been having a better time being a K. Rool fan in the past few days than in the past few years, anyway! :shades:

TaichiYaegashi

Smash Ace
Yeah, let's not lose our heads of course; but if nothing else, we should be able to show them just how much we really want K. Rool, so even if he doesn't make it this time, next time will be better for us.

And I've been having a better time being a K. Rool fan in the past few days than in the past few years, anyway! :shades:
Honestly, with how this is going so far though, I'd be extremely shocked if K. Rool doesn't win.
I'm so sure right now that I'll say WHEN K. Rool is confirmed, my mains will be Mewtwo and K. Rool with Fox/Falco and Bowser moved to secondaries.

IMainKingKRool

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NYEH_HEH_HEH
Honestly, with how this is going so far though, I'd be extremely shocked if K. Rool doesn't win.
I'm so sure right now that I'll say WHEN K. Rool is confirmed, my mains will be Mewtwo and K. Rool with Fox/Falco and Bowser moved to secondaries.
If K. Rool is confirmed (I'm still saying "if", I was too disappointed when I was so sure of his inclusion in the base game), I suppose I'll finally shift Mega Man down into secondaries and replace him with the King. That way I could main both DK and his greatest enemy. :grin:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
https://sourcegaming.wordpress.com/2015/02/19/perception-of-smash-dlc-in-japan/
I know i'm a little late on this but HOLY BULLOCKS
K. Rool is that popular among Japanese Smashers? I mean he got the most votes out of the newcomers, and basically only got beaten by veterans!
Seriously if Wolf actually comes back regardless of the poll, then the king could actually win this?! :4iggy::4iggy::4iggy:
According to Chronobound's analysis King K. Rool was that high before the game's release as well (I think even before the announcement). K. Rool was requested quite highly alongside Palutena, Shulk, and Mega Man (they weren't given a specific order). The only ones higher were Mewtwo and Roy. Granted, that was from forums, this one is from social media.

cybersai

Smash Ace
One thing that bothers me is why didn't Smash have one new DK rep to begin with? King K Rool has been requested since Melee and Dixie Kong was planned to be in Brawl.

Its hard to believe not a single one of them was in Smash U to start. Its like why didn't Sakurai consider one of them the first time around before this poll?

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
I've been asked to post a reminder about voting. . .remember, quality should be our focus in addition to quantity. The highest vote-getter may or may not win, but a high-scoring character with great write-ups is definitely well positioned to win.

In fact, everyone who sends in a ballot for the King, try posting it in this thread, so we can share them and also catalog them in case they get published at a later date.

Anyhow, here are some topics to potentially address in a K. Rool ballot, beyond the obvious cool character/fans/villain/heavyweight ones:

--What sets him apart as a villain from others?
--Your history as a gamer and how you came to enjoy the character
--Moveset options, beyond just listing out crown/blunderbuss/helicopter pack
--How the DK series is more than just monkeys in jungles, especially with its rich enemy cast
--Address and counter common concerns, i.e. "just Crocodile Bowser" or "Too Big and Unbalanced due to being strong/fast"
--Why you miss the character in the two Country games he's not in, and why you want him back

Just a few suggestions, feel free to add your own.

cybersai

Smash Ace
I said that King K. Rool would be another "heavyweight" character along the lines of Bowser or DK. We need more slower based characters in the game since most of the newcomers were speed oriented.

I also said King K. Rool was the main villain in 6 out of the 9 mainline DK games (only absent in Jungle Beat and the two Returns games), and multiple spinoffs like Mario Baseball.

blujay1524

Smash Cadet
Long time lurker, just made an account to post my support for this thread.

K rools been my most wanted since Melee, Already voted on my phone and computer, got my friends to vote I hope you all do the same

Last edited:

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Long time lurker, just made an account to post my support for this thread.

K rools been my most wanted since Melee, Already voted on my phone and computer, got my friends to vote I hope you all do the same

Welcome aboard the Gangplank Galleon me hearty! We'd be glad to have ye' join the Krew!

eltacoenojado

Smash Journeyman
Hey all, I haven't been on this board for a while so sorry if this has already been brought up. Do you guys think that DK 64 coming to the virtual console might be a hint at K Rool?

Top Bottom