• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

NNID
AwesomeCauliflwr
3DS FC
0576-6167-0092
All this good news is great and all but one thought still lurks over me and will until i see him in action. What if K Rool is like Ganondorf or Wario and is nothing like his actual character? That is my biggest worry at the moment.

Last edited:

Sølid

Radio
3DS FC
4441-8453-4042
All this good news is great and all but one thought still lurks over me and will until i see him in action. What if K Rool is like Ganondorf or Wario and is nothing like his actual character? That is my biggest worry at the moment.
I feel like since they are only having to focus on a handful of characters and nothing else that they will truly make a DLC newcomer like K. Rool unique. The backlash if he was a clone...

BowserK.Rool

Smash Champion
If anything I expect an animalistic voice for him like Bowser and King Dedede. As long as he has at least one or 2 moves that are true to him then I'll be happy.

toadster101

Banned via Warnings
NNID
toadster101
3DS FC
1891-1323-0892
The Virtual Console re-release of Donkey Kong 64 couldn't have possibly come at a more opportune time. It's going to expose a lot of people to K. Rool for the first time ever, and puts a further dent in that whole "kids today don't know who K. Rool is" argument.

...I use the term "argument" very loosely. It's more of a talking point, really.

MrHomelessHobo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Orangeporrige
The Virtual Console re-release of Donkey Kong 64 couldn't have possibly come at a more opportune time. It's going to expose a lot of people to K. Rool for the first time ever, and puts a further dent in that whole "kids today don't know who K. Rool is" argument.

...I use the term "argument" very loosely. It's more of a talking point, really.
Do you want to play DK 64?

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
EDIT: Forget what I said. I don't want to say this out loud.

Last edited:

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero

Seems like Grant Kirkhope is really pulling the strings from the back. May the Krooked King make a throne out of our Ballots.

Dru2

Hail to the King
NNID
DruetheDruid
3DS FC
0189-9845-3398
****, guys, all of this is making me so hype. I feel like there's a lot of characters out there that people are clamoring for, but the king's gotta have one of the best chances, if not the best. If K.Rool gets in, I will legit change my username and gamertag to something K.Rool related.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss

Here, have another promotional video.

You know what else is green, K. Rool? The $$$ you'll bring in for Nintendo should they decide to develop you as a newcomer.

Last edited:

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493

You know what else is green, K. Rool? The $$$ you'll bring in for Nintendo should they decide to develop you as a newcomer.
Glorious. GLORIOUS!

Banjo-Kazooie

Smash Ace
NNID
Burudiman
3DS FC
2492-5021-9705

Moments like this I curse my inherent laziness to photoshop Sakurai' s face on Bluster Kong in your video. But hey! I just discovered something that my most wanted newcomer idea and my most hated newcomer joke idea have in common (both are green).

Hippopotasauce

Smash Lord
NNID
Hippopotasauce
I hope we get some new music as time goes on too. Gangplank is good enough but I'd like to see a take on the two map themes from DKC2

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404
Doing my part to spread the word. Named my Krookodile VoteK.Rool4Smash4 on Pokemon Showdown (a free online battle simulator). And he's always the lead on my team so it's the first thing players see.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
http://strawpoll.me/4026096 found a reddit strawpoll for DLC charcters, inkling is winning but k rool is one vote behind, lets smash inkling

EDIT: 4 votes above other! we have proved ourselves, but keep going!
Man, look at that **** now. If that doesn't fill you with optimism, I dunno what will.

I'm really loving the optimism I haven't felt from this thread, since even before pre-E3 2013.

I feel like since they are only having to focus on a handful of characters and nothing else that they will truly make a DLC newcomer like K. Rool unique. The backlash if he was a clone...
I don't see how they COULD make him a clone, but at this point, I just want him to get in. Proper representationis great, but I want my crocodile King.

Last edited:

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725
I really hope a character like Inkling, one whose game isn't out, and doesn't appeal to me at all, gets in over King K, and established well loved character by both young and old alike. Anyway, I gave him a vote, along with Micaiah, Lip, Wolf, and Ice Climbers.

The rest of my votes I'll send in tomorrow.

Jurae818

Smash Journeyman
Damn guys. I don't even know how I can describe my joy right now. All over the internet, K. Rool is highly requested. Even in Japan where it really matters, they want him. I can't get over it. This looks like it could be the defining moment for fans. It's amazing how quickly the battle turned in our favor. E3 could be the hypest moment for us.

The Revolution Draws Near.

Dustydog96

Smash Ace
I don't think even during the production of Smash 4 have I felt so much positive hype and energy. Despite the outcry of fans, everyone was hinging on Sakurai's choices, and deep down many of us knew old habits die hard. Now? It feels like Nintendo's finally picked up the phone after we've left them voicemail over and over, unsure if they've heard or cared.
Totally agree man. If K. Rool is going to happen It's going to be this year, on this game. The hype is real and I'm going to continue spreading the word and getting friends to vote. Since King K. Rool was the first big boss in a game I'd ever beaten that I can remember I feel strongly about seeing him in action again. #KrocTheVote

TallT

Smash Apprentice
Just got back from my local Verizon store. I have voted for five different characters, one on every five devices. However, I mostly voted for King K. Rool and Wolf while I was there. Didn't have time to vote on all devices, though, so I will have to come back there tomorrow to finish what I started.
This is what I call serious dedication.

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
Well, K. Rool supporters, I have this to say.
I personally am not invested much in K.Rool. I guess I am a low level supporter, I'm sure he would be a cool character, but I don't really care about him the way I care about Toad, or cared about Pac-Man or Duck Hunt prior to their reveal.

So it is from a mostly outside, unbiased standpoint that I say K. Rool has one of the best chances of any possible character in this poll. Congratulations.

GhostlyLure

Smash Lord
NNID
GhostlyLureioi
Yep! It sure is, isn't it? But there is more! After Verizon, I am going to continue voting at a T-Mobile store, and later, I will do some voting on some computers at my college. I believe there are lots of computers at the college.
Your guys lack of One vote per person amuses me not 1 vote per device per person...But still I support K.Rool..

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Well, K. Rool supporters, I have this to say.
I personally am not invested much in K.Rool. I guess I am a low level supporter, I'm sure he would be a cool character, but I don't really care about him the way I care about Toad, or cared about Pac-Man or Duck Hunt prior to their reveal.

So it is from a mostly outside, unbiased standpoint that I say K. Rool has one of the best chances of any possible character in this poll. Congratulations.
You suck! How could you?! Leave this thread at-no I'm just kidding!

I'll respect your point of view, but myself and many others around here will make sure to keep voting so that King K. Rool becomes playable soon.

Hippopotasauce

Smash Lord
NNID
Hippopotasauce
Yep! It sure is, isn't it? But there is more! After Verizon, I am going to continue voting at a T-Mobile store, and later, I will do some voting on some computers at my college. I believe there are lots of computers at the college.
If you're going to mass vote like that, mark yourself female so they don't think only boys would want to play as him.

GhostlyLure

Smash Lord
NNID
GhostlyLureioi

I'll respect your point of view, but myself and many others around here will make sure to keep voting so that King K. Rool becomes playable soon.
Truly I don't think its a majority wins situation...

Do a bit of Bandanna why your up to it.

What who said that!!!

Last edited:

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
If nothing else, I haven't been this happy to be a DKC fan in YEARS. My feels from the post-Smash melancholy have all completely turned around, especially now that I don't have to think Nintendo abandoned pre-buyout DKC. I'm still in shock that DK64 is coming.

Lucky ****in' Europe, I swear.

Considering doing a Miiverse screenshot playthrough on the 16th.

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481

You've misinterpreted my post. I have no negative feelings toward K. Rool becoming DLC, indeed I support it. My post was intended to reinforce the optimism many K. Rool supporters are having by throwing in a less biased viewpoint.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
You've misinterpreted my post. I have no negative feelings toward K. Rool becoming DLC, indeed I support it. My post was intended to reinforce the optimism many K. Rool supporters are having by throwing in a less biased viewpoint.
I see. Well, that is a good thing, especially the "less biased" part. To me, showing less bias is a good thing, as well as intending to reinforce the optimism the many K. Rool supporters like me are having. That is appreciative.

Top Bottom