• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

New_Dumal

Smash Lord
NNID
NewTouchdown
A bit off-topic ...
I'm the only one who thinks that Lucas will have Ness PK_Customs ?
It will be funny.

K.Rool would have K.Rool customs...
K.Rool is soooo cool!!!

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
K rool gets so much support but I'm gonna die laughing when Ii punch his eyes out. His eyes always make me laugh, lol.
Speaking of that, I'll bet his screen-KO would be hilarious.

He's such a hammy dude, it'd be a shame not to have him!

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
If veterans weren't counted in the poll, they probably would have told us that, or at least emphasised 'new' characters so they don't have to sift through thousands of illegitimate votes.

Also I think you guys are underrestimating Dixie. Dixie is likely more popular amongst Gen Z thanks to Tropical Freeze. She'd also be easier to make, which could be a factor if they're looking at doing more than one character at a time. She also has a a guaranteed future in the DK series, which could matter for marketability purposes.
Meant to respond to this earlier, got distracted. Here's the thing. If they had said "Hey guys, focus on new characters, or don't worry about veterans." or any variation of, it would've caused a red flag for at least certain veteran characters, and hell, in this thread we're already pretty much acting like Wolf is confirmed.

So I don't think this is the right way of thinking about it.

And I doubt Gen Z is going to be throwing their votes to Dixie of all characters, when they have shiny other one-time things to vote for. Besides, Gen Z is typically the audience who doesn't know or care how Smash character selection works anyway, so they'll join Kotaku's Goku patrol or vote for Shrek. I mean, my 10 year-old cousin actually tells me they should add Batman. I wouldn't worry.

This is why it's important that we make a big deal of this and push hard! We can do this Kutthroats! Time to prove our claims about how requested the King is!

mynameisBlade

Smash Lord
Well well well.

K. Rool's chances for Smash have genuinely rocketed. To the extent where I could legitimately class him as the most likely newcomer. There's absolutely no question that he is among the most requested characters, and I'm sure that the results of this ballot will reflect that. The only character who I can feasibly see getting more votes than him is Ridley, who is basically a lost cause as his in game role is already a thing.

I don't think any character stands to benefit from this ballot like K. Rool does.

But, I must stress to K. Rool fans, please consider also voting for Dixie Kong. We are all DK fans here, and I'm sure we all want as many DK characters as possible. This shouldn't be a case of Dixie vs. K. Rool, don't divide the fanbase like that, let's try and get them BOTH in.
Completely agree with this statement! We have to work "together" to get a NEW DK character! Dixie supporters and KING supporters join forces to rule the POLLS!!!!

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
Ahhh man......K.Rool vs Bowser would be soo epic.

Hey were would K.Rool fall under in weight?

After DDD?

isnt DDD small in kirby canon games?
Why is he so damn heavy...

Sorry i dont know anything about the kirby franchise

bellboy64

Smash Journeyman
I don't know if it would be valid or not- it was never clear to me- but I voted again, in the UK poll this time. (It didn't work there before.)

Made a new blurb to keep it unique at least.
King K. Rool is my favourite Nintendo villain. I'm a huge Donkey Kong fan and ever since the thought occured I've dearly wanted him to be playable in Smash Bros. As DK's most recurring nemesis he's shown to have plenty of versatility over his time in the DKC series and beyond and his wicked and wild personality could bring a lot to the table as well. I think he could be a fun fighter to control and the DK fan in me would be ecstatic to see him fighting Nintendo's all-stars (where he belongs).
I doubt I'll vote again. I'm not even clear if they're tracking this or not (one vote per person). Not that it would stop them of course.
Last comment I read about someone's votes they happily proclaimed voting five times for Wonder-Red.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
[quote="Dark Phazon, post: 18886708, member: 216544"

Sorry i dont know anything about the kirby franchise[/quote]
The same reason Rosalina, a heavyweight in the Mario games, is only slightly heavier than Kirby in Smash

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
On the sites I have seen so far, there are quite a few people voting for K. Rool. We may get the Kremling king yet!

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
[quote="Dark Phazon, post: 18886708, member: 216544"

Sorry i dont know anything about the kirby franchise
The same reason Rosalina, a heavyweight in the Mario games, is only slightly heavier than Kirby in Smash[/quote]

Yh but tbh...she is just a tall women...she is still fit she aint overweight.

DDD if anything can be excused because he is fat and plus that massive mallet.

But yh...its pretty ********....

they said balance updates?
Please buff G&W....

Last edited:

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
i am spamming this more than i used to spam ice beam against Lance

Screenshot_2015-04-02-22-44-08.png

Screenshot_2015-04-02-22-44-28.png

Edit..damn i missed a word in the information section..lmao

Last edited:

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Remember, it probably won't count if you use the same device over and over (although how they plan on accounting for, say, siblings who share a device, I wonder).

Imagine, if K. Rool actually gets chosen and some of these responses get published, we'll get to talk all excitedly in here about how "That was my vote! I sent that one in! There's mine!" I mean, odds are, at least one of our well-written ones will get noticed, right?

G-Guy

Smash Ace
NNID
G-Guy1990
I love the direction this is going, folks! Now if only we can get 1 or 2 famous smash youtubers advertising K Rool, that'd be the bomb!

Now if you excuse me, DK64 awaits me! (and i suggest you get it too! show them support for the DK franchise! money talks!)

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
So many Kuthroats appearing all at once...

It's magical.

bellboy64

Smash Journeyman
Remember, it probably won't count if you use the same device over and over (although how they plan on accounting for, say, siblings who share a device, I wonder).

Imagine, if K. Rool actually gets chosen and some of these responses get published, we'll get to talk all excitedly in here about how "That was my vote! I sent that one in! There's mine!" I mean, odds are, at least one of our well-written ones will get noticed, right?
Oh yes. Absolutely. I mean I have been taking this quite seriously, like I'm hoping to adopt a child or something. I'm terrified of being written off as a wasted ballot or something unless I don't at least be articulate.

Edit:
Now if you excuse me, DK64 awaits me! (and i suggest you get it too! show them support for the DK franchise! money talks!)
Just saved Chunky in Frantic Factory. Game's as good as I remember it. Even if I weren't a DK fan I can still appreciate it on a game level.

Last edited:

mynameisBlade

Smash Lord
Meant to respond to this earlier, got distracted. Here's the thing. If they had said "Hey guys, focus on new characters, or don't worry about veterans." or any variation of, it would've caused a red flag for at least certain veteran characters, and hell, in this thread we're already pretty much acting like Wolf is confirmed.

So I don't think this is the right way of thinking about it.

And I doubt Gen Z is going to be throwing their votes to Dixie of all characters, when they have shiny other one-time things to vote for. Besides, Gen Z is typically the audience who doesn't know or care how Smash character selection works anyway, so they'll join Kotaku's Goku patrol or vote for Shrek. I mean, my 10 year-old cousin actually tells me they should add Batman. I wouldn't worry.

This is why it's important that we make a big deal of this and push hard! We can do this Kutthroats! Time to prove our claims about how requested the King is!
Nintendo probably didn't specify between New characters or old, because if the fans want Veterans more...... then we give Sakurai and his team an easy job. Newcomers is what you should vote for!!! King K Rool is the most highly requested Newcomer as far as I have seen, but if you have to make a request for a different character, at least make sure its a "NEW" character (never been playable in Smash or is not "currently" an AT and/or stage hazard in this game)! We want Nintendo to WORK to make us a character...Not copy and paste it over from Brawl like majority of Brawl characters already..sadly

Last edited:

TaichiYaegashi

Smash Ace
Oh yes. Absolutely. I mean I have been taking this quite seriously, like I'm hoping to adopt a child or something. I'm terrified of being written off as a wasted ballot or something unless I don't at least be articulate.
Me too, I'm taking this extremely serious.

Imagining Mewtwo AND K. Rool in Smash 3DS and Wii U puts such a stupid smile on my face.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero

I used my mums phone lmao
but yes !

Ahhh man K.Rool would be a dream come true seriously because i only play as/like heavyweights

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I voted for K. Rool. He's one of several characters who I voted for, so I don't know how that will work (I'd have to imagine that if separate characters are being voted for, they'd consider counting it given the possibility of siblings sharing the same computer or what have you), but I figure they're more likely to count it than if I was just sending in hundreds of ballots for the same character.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
I love the direction this is going, folks! Now if only we can get 1 or 2 famous smash youtubers advertising K Rool, that'd be the bomb!

GameXplain/Relax Alax/ZeRo/EtikaWorldNetwork

The guys that can make a difference

bellboy64

Smash Journeyman
*raises hand*

Grant's been quite helpful as far as drawing eyes to the Twitter account since it opened last July.
Yeah, he's a really great guy in general. He's seems dead proud to be a part of it all. Rare legacy , DK and whatnot.

Dru2

Hail to the King
NNID
DruetheDruid
3DS FC
0189-9845-3398
What's up, guys.

I'm here to offer full support and hype for King K. Rool as potential DLC for Smash 4. I can't believe we have another chance. This ride never ends haha. For real, though, for those who don't know, it looks like you can vote more than once on this Smash Ballot. I don't know if they actually count, but I'm advising everyone to vote at least once every single day until October 3rd. If you send in one vote everyday from now until October, that's 185 votes. That may not seem like much in the grand scheme of things, but let's say just 20 of us do this. That's 3700 votes, all for the King, himself (if it turns out they don't count, you should probably do it anyway).

As far as I know, King K. Rool is currently hugely popular as a choice. I know there's a couple other big choices like Wonder Red, Bandana Waddle Dee, and some others, but I think we can do it, guys. King K. Rool's got a great shot imo. We can make it happen. #KrocTheVote

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
how exzactly does this whole thing work?
has anyone said?

The ballot is open till 0ctober they will be a 0ctober direct then the ballot winner will be shown?

How.many chars just 1? How many are ppl expecting?

Im.expecting 2 tbh...although one of them being a Vet.

Last edited:

TheBazry64

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TheBazry64
So on this forum we only represent the west.
Can anybody tell me how popular our King is in Japan?

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Take this with a grain of salt, but I remember talk on the internet in the olden days of Brawl where King K. Rool was a highly requested character in polls.
As far as I'm aware he still holds that popularity being the most wanted newcomer iirc.
@PushDustIn did a poll to check and K Rool was high up.

BravadoMan_13

Smash Lord
NNID
ClassicRocker
This feels like the pre-ESRB leak days when people here were pretty optimistic. It feels great. Gonna vote for Wolf, Isaac, and Dixie later. Maybe another Kong could use some votes?

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
This feels like the pre-ESRB leak days when people here were pretty optimistic. It feels great. Gonna vote for Wolf, Isaac, and Dixie later. Maybe another Kong could use some votes?
What about Chunky Kong?

Top Bottom