• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

MandoBardanJusik

Smash Ace
Kinda wish we(Or BKupa666) could get permission to do an article to promote our king(and/or smash ballot), or a general overall promotion article for fighters with strong backers, reasoning and board popularity

G-Guy

Smash Ace
NNID
G-Guy1990
voted for K. Rool. He deserves it!

Yum Yum Yum! Potassium!

SSBCandidates

Smash Lord
Kinda wish we(Or BKupa666) could get permission to do an article to promote our king(and/or smash ballot), or a general overall promotion article for fighters with strong backers, reasoning and board popularity
I too wish to do something alike on Sophitia. Ever since SSB4 was announced, I asked a fellow Sophitia supporter from deviantart to help make a campaign on having her in Smash webwide, but some things happened and it was not possible.

I notice at 4chan some did an electoral poster for Travis Touchdown. That is the sort of thing I refer to but not sure how much to do here, I just created a thread on Sophitia and I guess that is the most to do here.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
If King K. Rool does end up being playable and he ends up being really good, will any of you drop one of your main or secondaries for him? I'll probably drop King Dedede for him.
Hmm...main THE character I've always wanted to see in Smash since 64? I dunno, sounds like a longshot. :shades:

Even though it pains me, Shulk (and soon Lucas) would definitely have to be secondary to the King. He's K. Rool!

Kaptain K. Roolenstein

Smash Apprentice
It's funny, the Smash Ballot couldn't have come at a better time since the Rare DKC and Land games got re released and advertised. Now within the same direct that Donkey Kong 64 is getting re released for the first time and a ballot is open, K. Rool will really start floating in peoples minds. It's like Nintendo is using subliminal messages.

Nintendo: The N64 is hitting Virtual Console and so is DK64. So who are you going to vote in the Smash poll? :troll:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
@ BKupa666 BKupa666
Can the Kremling Kampaign tweet this?

It was a little tedious, but I had a lot of fun doing it. :laugh:

:231:

Last edited:

Shog

Smash Ace
I voted for this character despite never playing Donkey Kong Country. But he has a lot of fans (and I want Newcomer DLC hehe)...and a heavyweight villian...so it fits

Supalji

Smash Rookie
People should say the reason they want him in is that it would help increase Donkey Kong Virtual Console sales :O

The Quarter Master

Smash Apprentice
Heyo! Just wanted to let everyone know, I have submitted votes for K.Rool whenever I found time to! :D DK64 was a big part of my childhood and I've always liked K.Rool as a character, so I'm with you guys all the way!

Also, I'm kinda starting to think that this will be Sakurai's last Smash game. The man is burnt-out! I believe the only reason he's actually doing this DLC thing is because Nintendo made some kind of expensive deal. These may be some of the last Smash characters ever, so decide on who you're voting for carefully! (K.ROOOOOOOL)

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
Basically, just use common sense with your voting. It's fair game to vote from multiple computers, since you can bet that the passionate people are already out doing that for their favorites as well, but maybe space it out a bit. This is a marathon ending in early October, not a sprint.

I'm viewing the votes not so much as a way to pull K. Rool ahead, but as a way to put multiple quality ideas in the developers' minds without a 500 character limit, like the Down Special Cannonball Rain or the Kredits Final Smash.

If it comes down to it, I'm sure the team will choose a moderately voted-for characters they have multiple great ideas for vs. the most voted character who has no clear moveset.
Hey uhh....are Ridley threads banned?

I made one for support of DLC and i cant find it....
Are you serious?

Also plz someone tell me if DK64 WiiU VC will support multiplayer?
Did the Wii N64 VC Games?
Like MK64 etc..

New_Dumal

Smash Lord
NNID
NewTouchdown
All Ridley supports should be voting for K.Rool now that their villain is completely out of the realm of possibilities.
Same way, all Isaac and Mewtwo supporters should support Dixie.
Why ? Mewtwo are already in, and Isaac is not a DK character.

Everyone must love the DK characters... WOLOLOLO!!!!

Last edited:

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Turns out Autarch voted for multiple characters so K Rool got pushed aside for Ridley in the end.
At least we can still see he's One of Us though.

Zombie Saurian

Smash Journeyman
I'm not sure why people think Ridley can somehow, after all that's happened, still be playable. Sakuri himself stated once and for all he does not want him playable as it would ruin the essence of the character.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I'm not sure why people think Ridley can somehow, after all that's happened, still be playable. Sakuri himself stated once and for all he does not want him playable as it would ruin the essence of the character.
Sakurai said giving Ridley small wings would ruin his character yet changing his personality wouldn't. Ridley had small wings in every 2d game he's been in before Sm4sh

GdspdUblkprzdnt

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GdspdUblkprzdnt
Not replying to defend Ridley or anything but I think yesterday's direct proved beyond a shadow of a doubt that Sakurai's word is to be taken with a grain of salt. He said a lot of things in the past that NoJ has walked over entirely.

Last edited:

Supalji

Smash Rookie
We could change our Youtube Profile Picture to the King, & comment on any video asking for votes to Rool with the ballot.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
I dont like his opnion....

I hope K.Rool gets in
So in October we can expect 2 chars because its about the same time took with mewtwo and lucas

Its probly gonna be A newcomer and Ice Climbers if they really cant come back then Solid Snake.

Becasicly 1 newcomer and 1 Vet

PS: I love patterns

Last edited:

Zombie Saurian

Smash Journeyman
I still stand by what I said, he's also a damn Stage Hazard so I think that automatically rules him out.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I feel like the section where you put in your reason for voting for the character will help with that. We just need to show that most people wouldn't care if Ridley had to be scaled down somewhat as long as he was playable.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Original

vs
Clone

Take note of the originals tiny ass wings in comparison to the gigantic wings on Roidley.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
I don't expect he'll add a character that would change the essence of a particular stage. Unless he doesn't like how Pyrosphere turned out and wants to change it.

Honestly, the best place to look for DLC newcomers is characters who have nothing more than a trophy. Lucas and Mewtwo currently fit this mold, and K. Rool and Dixie would also. Not only is it less of a workload than say, adding Takamaru and either removing or redesigning his AT, or adding Ridley and making a new mechanic on Pyrosphere for when he's played on it, like Alfonzo (This is different because of how intrusive Ridley actually is.)

Going to suggest everyone votes for a newcomer (because we've already talked about how Wolf is probably already on the way.) that only has a trophy. Or less.

K. Rool, Dixie, Wonder Red, what have you.

BlitznBurst

Smash Ace
I'm actually really confident in K. Rool's chances at getting in as DLC. I know a lot of people said that before the main game's release, but I feel like this time around he's genuinely the most likely newcomer. Unlike the main roster, which can afford to forego fan demand in favour of stuff like moveset potential or historical significance, fan demand is pretty much a necessity for character DLC to succeed. Characters like G&W and Wii Fit Trainer aren't necessarily bad additions, but they're hardly characters that most people would actually buy individually. K. Rool has few characters that even come close to him in terms of popularity, and the one character who actually surpasses him in that aspect has been explicitly denied. The only character I can really see "rivalling" him is Dixie, depending on how much the fact that they're both from the same franchise actually matters. Any characters that do come close to him wouldn't really affect his own chances in any significant way, depending on how many newcomers we're actually going to get.

K. Rool's only real issue seems to have been getting people to actually notice him, and this is our opportunity to do exactly that. I don't want to say he's a "shoo-in," but at this point he's, in my opinion, the most likely newcomer by far.

GerbilCrab475

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GerbilCrab
3DS FC
1246-8834-9360
All Ridley supports should be voting for K.Rool now that their villain is completely out of the realm of possibilities.
Same way, all Isaac and Mewtwo supporters should support Dixie.
Why ? Mewtwo are already in, and Isaac is not a DK character.

Everyone must love the DK characters... WOLOLOLO!!!!
Ah yes, the best way to convert people.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Wait....K.Rool has a trophy in Sm4sh?

PS: whats gonna happen to Fox custom moves and wolf skin
if wolf returns?
Yes, in both games.

As for your second point...probably nothing? I doubt they're going to change Ness' customs that make his moves into Lucas', in fact one of Lucas' sets might be Ness' moves. And the Wolf "color" isn't a perfect match for Wolf anyway. I don't think it's going anywhere even if it was. It's not like you'd mix them up.

Top Bottom