• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
This feels like the pre-ESRB leak days when people here were pretty optimistic. It feels great. Gonna vote for Wolf, Isaac, and Dixie later. Maybe another Kong could use some votes?
Don't encourage Nintendo. They still believe the Cranky Reveal was the most hype worthy event they've ever put on.

showmeyourmoves54

Smash Cadet
NNID
MTGBIGGZ
Flying Kroc or **** off. Although he'd probably pick Gangplank, which is also fine.

SO GUYS. Can we talk about DK64 on the VC?! Did I die in my sleep or something? Holy ****, I never thought this day would come. It's been almost 16 years.
Yeah, my first guess would of been the infamous Gangplank Galleon

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
how exzactly does this whole thing work?
has anyone said?

The ballot is open till 0ctober they will be a 0ctober direct then the ballot winner will be shown?

How.many chars just 1? How many are ppl expecting?

Im.expecting 2 tbh...although one of them being a Vet.
I doubt they'll publish the winner, I imagine a lot of unlikely choices like Shadow, Snake and Ridley will rank quite highly but they won't be able to or don't want to make those characters. As far as how many additional DLC characters will be made, it's anyone's guess, Sakurai stated it won't be many though, so I guess at the very maximum we'll be lucky to get four new ones, I'm betting on three personally though.

Anyways, here's crossing fingers for K. Rool, his revival by the hands of the fans would surely be something to be spoken of in Nintendo circles for many years to come. I'm glad that it seems K. Rool is getting more popular than ever too, he's really becoming a top choice in a lot of places right now, so surely he'll be somewhere at the top of the list, it's all up to Sakurai at that point.

Sponge

Smash Journeyman
I noticed Grant Kirkhope retweeted about K. Rool for Smash again. Have you guys considered messaging Playtonic Games and getting their support? Steve Mayles, the man who designed K. Rool and Dixie himself, is there after all.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
I noticed Grant Kirkhope retweeted about K. Rool for Smash again. Have you guys considered messaging Playtonic Games and getting their support? Steve Mayles, the man who designed K. Rool and Dixie himself, is there after all.
He retweeted? What exactly did he say?

showmeyourmoves54

Smash Cadet
NNID
MTGBIGGZ
All the more sweeter, now we can possibly get support from the man who made K.Rool (god bless that guy) and the current company that makes the DKCR series

Also, my profile pic is my drawing of K. Rool......

cybersai

Smash Ace
The problem is DK has two popular requests, Dixie and K Rool, but would two DLC characters really be used on the same series?

We're probably not going to get too many DLC characters and they probably want to spread the wealth between franchises. If King. K Rool and Dixie get the highest votes (since third party characters and Ridley likely won't be chosen), do you think they can both get in?

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
So, out of curiosity, what characters have been most voted so far? From what I can tell, so far, we have Wolf, King K. Rool, Dixie Kong, Isaac and Rayman. Anyone else I am missing?

MrHomelessHobo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Orangeporrige
Now that I have the power, this is my finest hour!
Nothing on this Earth can stop me, now!

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Wow.

The way you guys are going, this really is a kampaign.

The hype is infectious.

Steelia

Smash Champion
Not sure if anyone has posted it yet, but my sister helped roughly translate that Japanese K. Rool pic from before:

(read from right to left on the pic)

お前ら!
You all!

スマブラ参戦要望は俺様「キング・クルール」をよろしくな!
I'm leaving it to you to demand that the great "King K. Rool" participate in the Smash Bros. war!

Last edited:

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Through friends coworkers and family I got about 30 votes for K.Rool today.

The battle is far from over.....
We can win this yet, Kutthroats. Stay positive! Onward to victory!

Seriously though, get Playtonic games on this. I'll bet they'd LOVE to see him in, for obvious reasons!

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
I'm spacing out contacting people/teams for #KrocTheVote so we can accumulate votes over a number of days/weeks.

I'm right now thinking over the kind of recurring ideas people are submitting to the team about K. Rool. . .I think they'll get the "more villains, more heavyweights, more DK characters" message loud and clear, as well as "give him costumes, his crown toss and blunderbuss" and "I miss and want him back in DK games."

It's because of that, I'd love to use the write-ups to counter common arguments. . .like "People aren't familiar with him," "DK is a boring Mario spin-off" or "He's just a Bowser clone." Let's see if that has any impact.

Last edited:

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
I'm spacing out contacting people/teams for #KrocTheVote so we can accumulate votes over a number of days/weeks.

I'm right now thinking over the kind of recurring ideas people are submitting to the team about K. Rool. . .I think they'll get the "more villains, more heavyweights, more DK characters" message loud and clear, as well as "give him costumes, his crown toss and blunderbuss" and "I miss and want him back in DK games."

It's because of that, when I put in votes between now and October 3, I'll probably use the write-ups to counter common arguments. . .like "People aren't familiar with him," "DK is a boring Mario spin-off" or "He's just a Bowser clone." Let's see if that has any impact.
Keep up the good work BKups; we wouldn't be where we are without your level of dedication. I salute you!

BowserK.Rool

Smash Champion

It's because of that, when I put in votes between now and October 3, I'll probably use the write-ups to counter common arguments. . .like "People aren't familiar with him," "DK is a boring Mario spin-off" or "He's just a Bowser clone." Let's see if that has any impact.
Please, I have more fun playing DK games nowadays than I do with Mario, especially after the recent Mario Pary 10 which turned out to be slightly dissapointing. Clearly no one has ever played a DK game if they think of him as a Bowser clone that or they're just jealous of the character's and franchise's popularity and uniqueness.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Please, I have more fun playing DK games nowadays than I do with Mario, especially after the recent Mario Pary 10 which turned out to be slightly dissapointing. Clearly no one has ever played a DK game if they think of him as a Bowser clone that or they're just jealous of the character's and franchise's popularity and uniqueness.
Psh; look at your sig, he's obviously a Bowser clone. He's just another fat turtle. He even has the shell and everything. :troll:

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
Not wasting countless hours on a 10 man community
Finally, K. Rool actually is on a playing field he can win instead of relying exclusively on Sakurai's poor taste in order to get into the game. Quite honestly, I'd just go and assume the poll was rigged if he doesn't win at this point.

This poll isn't even a fair contest - it's extremely favorable for K. Rool. Sakurai has specifically banned Ridley and the Ice Climbers from the poll, and plenty of people think Wolf is so likely they don't want to "waste" their vote on him. Mewtwo already made it in without the poll, so K. Rool's just duking it out with a bunch of minor leaguers at this point.

TaichiYaegashi

Smash Ace

I'm trying to accumulate votes for K. Rool over Miiverse.
Trying

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
You know, even though it's only been a day, the atmosphere right now feels basically like what it was prior to Returns, where people didn't care about the last game K. Rool was in, they just supported him in droves anyway. And likewise, this is more or less what it'll be like once K. Rool finally returns, just on a bit smaller of a scale.

And that's what's so great about this poll. . .all the superficial crap with no bearing on the character/game itself is cast aside in favor of a pure fan vote, which may only grant characters consideration, yes, but is still a far cry from just posting on message boards and hoping Treehouse members see stuff.

Last edited:

Steelia

Smash Champion
You know, even though it's only been a day, the atmosphere right now feels basically like what it was prior to Returns, where people didn't care about the last game K. Rool was in, they just supported him in droves anyway. And likewise, this is more or less what it'll be like once K. Rool finally returns, just on a bit smaller of a scale.

And that's what's so great about this poll. . .all the superficial crap with no bearing on the character/game itself is cast aside in favor of a pure fan vote, which may only grant characters consideration, yes, but is still a far cry from just posting on message boards and hoping Treehouse members see stuff.
I don't think even during the production of Smash 4 have I felt so much positive hype and energy. Despite the outcry of fans, everyone was hinging on Sakurai's choices, and deep down many of us knew old habits die hard. Now? It feels like Nintendo's finally picked up the phone after we've left them voicemail over and over, unsure if they've heard or cared.

MrHomelessHobo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Orangeporrige
I need to make another video to release my hype. Any ideas?

Last edited:
Top Bottom