• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

Zombie Saurian

Smash Journeyman
Question, how in the word can I access a drawing pad for Miiverse? I cannot, for the life of me, find a way to make illustrated Miiverse posts.

Last edited:

BowserK.Rool

Smash Champion
Question, how in the word can I access a drawing pad for Miiverse?
If you plan on doing it in color first you'll need an SD card to put into the Wii U then put in Super Smash Bros. for Wii U and go play a stage level, put it on pause and take a snapshot, from there you can choose to go to paint mode and draw whatever you like. You can also do this in trophy hoard mode as well.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Someone posted this on another site. Has this been posted yet? It has poll results from three different sites. Guess who has the highest at 55.01?!

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Has anyone else seen this? Is it legit in its rankings? (It does say it's not official, but yeah)

I buy K. Rool, Inkling, and Isaac in the top row, but not either Chibi Robo or Wonder Red above Isaac. Not based on what I've been seeing. Although honestly, I haven't seen a lot of people who have said they VOTED for Inkling, only people saying they think Inkling is the most viable candidate. So honestly, I'd argue Inkling should be a lot lower.

Someone posted this on another site. Has this been posted yet? It has poll results from three different sites. Guess who has the highest at 55.01?!

This one looks MUCH more accurate. I can definitely buy Isaac being right behind K. Rool, and Inkling being behind a couple of other characters.

I think Inklings might get in as a character, but I think they'll more likely be a patched Assist Trophy. With the news that third-parties are viable, they might just consider a third-party, probably an Indie; Shantae is looking to be the best bet right now. Shovel Knight in that list? Yes, I agree with him being high in western lists, but he'll tank in Japanese because he's not in Japan at all.

SuperiorYoshi87

Smash Lord
NNID
AVENGERxTHOR
I heard that Wonder Red is the top Japanese choice.

Which confuses me because I've also heard Rool is the top Japanese choice....

Either way I imagine the voting will die down as the weeks drag on. Most likely picking up again around E3 if Nintendo announces a new DLC fighter. As long as we keep up the heavy voting K.Rool could very well hold a very comfortable lead. He could skyrocket as long as we stay active voting as the weeks turn to months.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I heard that Wonder Red is the top Japanese choice.

Which confuses me because I've also heard Rool is the top Japanese choice....

Either way I imagine the voting will die down as the weeks drag on. Most likely picking up again around E3 if Nintendo announces a new DLC fighter. As long as we keep up the heavy voting K.Rool could very well hold a very comfortable lead. He could skyrocket as long as we stay active voting as the weeks turn to months.
I doubt Wonder Red is anywhere close to that level. K. Rool as far as we can tell is the top newcomer period.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss

Courtesy of Flint from DK Vine.

Of course, even though K. Rool has a steady lead a few days in, we can't afford to slack off. A vote for K. Rool is still very much not a throwaway, since there are a number of factors that may require him to get as big a final tally as possible.

1) More votes may be needed to persuade the developers to add an "irrelevant" character

2) If those early rumors were true, that Dixie (and Chorus Kids/Ridley/Mewtwo) was planned to the point of having a moving model, she might be happening regardless of the poll. As such, a giant number of K. Rool votes may be needed to convince the developers that two "DK reps" are wanted.

TaichiYaegashi

Smash Ace
Of course, even though K. Rool has a steady lead a few days in, we can't afford to slack off. A vote for K. Rool is still very much not a throwaway, since there are a number of factors that may require him to get as big a final tally as possible.

1) More votes may be needed to persuade the developers to add an "irrelevant" character

2) If those early rumors were true, that Dixie (and Chorus Kids/Ridley/Mewtwo) was planned to the point of having a moving model, she might be happening regardless of the poll. As such, a giant number of K. Rool votes may be needed to convince the developers that two "DK reps" are wanted.
I agree and hope that absolutely none of the K. Rool supporters/voters slack off over the next (roughly) 6 months. Would be terrible if, somewhere near the end, K. Rool dropped a good 5 to 15 spots.

SuperiorYoshi87

Smash Lord
NNID
AVENGERxTHOR

Exactly, like I said we need to keep up steady voting. Everyday vote vote vote

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium

You know, I heard Dixie was going to be in Brawl. Apparently, the reason she was not in was because the developers ultimately thought it was a "stupid idea". If this is true, and they are still thinking that Dixie Kong is a stupid idea, Dixie may have lower chances of getting in than we may think.

SuperiorYoshi87

Smash Lord
NNID
AVENGERxTHOR
You know, I heard Dixie was going to be in Brawl. Apparently, the reason she was not in was because the developers ultimately thought it was a "stupid idea". If this is true, and they are still thinking that Dixie Kong is a stupid idea, Dixie may have lower chances of getting in than we may think.
Honestly, I do love me some Dixie Kong and I have no qualms with her possible inclusion, but am I the only one who sees far less move potential from her than K.Rool?

I mean look at Diddy he uses his DKC2 and DKC64 items for his moves. Dixie literally has only her hair whips from DKC2 she wasn't in DK64 so she had far less a move pool to work with. I can't see her doing much...maybe they can give her Tinys feather crossbow I guess....

Either way K.Rool just has so much more to work with.

Last edited:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Honestly, I do love me some Dixie Kong and I have no qualms with her possible inclusion, but am I the only one who sees far less move potential from her than K.Rool?

I mean look at Diddy he uses his DKC2 and DKC64 items for his moves. Dixie literally has only her hair whips from DKC2 she wasn't in DK64 so she had far less a move pool to work with. I can't see her doing much...maybe they can give her Tinys feather crossbow I guess....

Of course. Dixie is not that bad, and I am sure she wouldn't be a Diddy clone, but what exactly can she do that is new, besides using her pony tail to fly and maybe that gumball gun she has in Tropical Freeze? I don't see how much she can do as a fighter.

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
My stance on Dixie Kong is admittedly neutral - I wouldn't mind her if she were included, but I'd much rather K. Rool, which is where most of the support lies for a Donkey Kong Newcomer.

JBRPG

Smash Journeyman
Now, we all know that K Rool fans are excited to have a big voting storm, but keep in mind that judging based on the boss battles alone, his styles of combat is constantly changing from one subject from the next.

DKC1 - Heavy Weight with strong jump
DKC2 - Cannon Gunner
DKC3 - Mad Scientist
DK64 - Heavy-weight Boxing-wrestler

And if we look at other heavy-weight characters, we have to be aware of other movesets including Bowser, Gannondorf, and Dedede.

Last edited:

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Since "mad scientist" isn't really a playstyle, the best way to combine those playstyles together would be to make him a ranged heavyweight with a few boxing moves at close range, but whose projectiles and traps allow for plenty of experimentation...much like what a mad scientist would do.

toadster101

Banned via Warnings
NNID
toadster101
3DS FC
1891-1323-0892

Like I've said, this shouldn't be an either or situation. Both K. Rool and Dixie deserve to be playable at this point, but if I had to choose one of the two, K. Rool has it in the bag. He's literally perfect for Smash, and yet we basically have to beg the developers to add him to the game. There's something seriously, seriously wrong with this picture. And that's why I'm so dedicated to winning this battle.

DJ3DS

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0602-6256-9118
I really, really love the Smash attacks in particular. Would love to see the down smash in action. What did you envision for his grabs/pummel?
After some more thought I can get back to you with some ideas on that, inspired in no small part by the thread OP. Here is what I would consider the complete moveset.

edit: accidentally clicked post too early. Will delete/update.

Last edited:

cybersai

Smash Ace
Like I've said, this shouldn't be an either or situation. Both K. Rool and Dixie deserve to be playable at this point, but if I had to choose one of the two, K. Rool has it in the bag. He's literally perfect for Smash, and yet we basically have to beg the developers to add him to the game. There's something seriously, seriously wrong with this picture. And that's why I'm so dedicated to winning this battle.
I think if Dixie is already in development like Lucas and Wolf than she wouldn't interfere with K Rool. I get the feeling Lucas, Wolf, and maybe Dixie were all planned to be in Smash U to begin with but development time didn't allow them to be finished so they placed them to the side.

King K. Rool on the other hand will probably be a result of winning the vote and getting him either later this year or early next year.

mynameisBlade

Smash Lord
Man, I'd **** a brick if they got Kevin Bayliss (Voice of K. Rool and Diddy in DK64) or equally amazed if we got Ben Campbell's amazing voice (DKC Cartoon K. Rool). :shades:

See, that's sort of thing with K. Rool, there's so much potential for a good moveset it's hard to find a standard, unless you just go "Blunderbuss, crown, helicopter pack, ground pound, random physical stuff for A moves. Done."

But that's so simple and boring. And that's not what Smash 4's newcomers are about. I think someone posted a great one a couple pages back that used the Blunderbuss suction + cannonball fire for an F-Smash, the electrical traps for a downsmash, helicopter blades for an up-smash, and KAOS for an FS, which would be awesome.

Personally I liked the idea of dropping cannonballs from the sky for a down-b, and using that to ****ing mindgame/edgeguard like a pro.
Well, did happen to get Kevin Bayliss to favorite my tweet with the poster I made in PS, so thats something.
Also sent it to the entire Rare team, old and new so we'll see what happens!!!
kevinbayliss favorited king k request vote.JPG

JBRPG

Smash Journeyman
Now, we all know that K Rool fans are excited to have a big voting storm, but keep in mind that judging based on the boss battles alone, his styles of combat is constantly changing from one subject from the next.

DKC1 - Heavy Weight with strong jump
DKC2 - Cannon Gunner
DKC3 - Mad Scientist
DK64 - Heavy-weight Boxing-wrestler

And if we look at other heavy-weight characters, we have to be aware of other movesets including Bowser, Gannondorf, and Dedede.
I also forgot about his appearance in Donkey Kong Barrel Blast

Since K Rool is a more goofy heavy weight, I envisioned him being in a barrel blast rocket as his final smash attack.

mynameisBlade

Smash Lord
Does anyone know where do these results come from?

This is absolutely amazing. IF YOU HAVEN"T listened to this video yet...please DOO!!! OMG the HYPE!!!!

"King K is Krushing the Kompetition" as of right now!!!

Edit: The account is a Joke Account nvm...

Last edited:

mynameisBlade

Smash Lord
Very off-topic, but did anyone else see this? HINT HINT CHALLENGER APPROACHING!!!
sakurai tweet.JPG

Edit: Nvm...its a *Parody Account*

Last edited:

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493

Since K Rool is a more goofy heavy weight, I envisioned him being in a barrel blast rocket as his final smash attack.
Oh Barrel Blast, I wish I hadn't lost you... :(

K. Rool's maniacal laughter in that is absolutely wonderful. I hope, even if Sakurai decides to give him crocodile noises for some reason, we get his maniacal laughter, because it really makes the character. Sure, Ganondorf has an evil laugh, but there's a difference between "evil" and "insane".

Very off-topic, but did anyone else see this? HINT HINT CHALLENGER APPROACHING!!!View attachment 45963
Man, whatchoo talkin' bout, Sakurai? Interesting. I'd say it's certainly too early for poll results to have influenced anything, but what's he talking about...

Last edited:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium

Not sure about that, anything is possible.

But seeing that video made me want to ask this: after hearing how King K. Rool sounded in that video, I was thinking, what voice do you want K. Rool to have if he were in Smash? His voice in the video, or his voice in DK64? Not counting the one from TV show since that is not canon.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Um, take it with a grain of salt, that's a parody account
...I thought it was odd the tweet was in perfect english.

Not sure about that, anything is possible.

But seeing that video made me want to ask this: after hearing how King K. Rool sounded in that video, I was thinking, what voice do you want K. Rool to have if he were in Smash? His voice in the video, or his voice in DK64? Not counting the one from TV show since that is not canon.
I'd prefer his DK64 voice by far, but I certainly wouldn't be opposed to the Barrel Blast one, it's great and very fitting.

Last edited:

Banjo-Kazooie

Smash Ace
NNID
Burudiman
3DS FC
2492-5021-9705

At least Im sure they noticed that people has a desire for a 3rd DK rep. So Dixie might be one of the biggest K. Rool's obstacles. Though she have always been.
Also, my broski drew that. Im giving him some ideas to draw more K. Rool campaign. And I'll draw some myself if not. The least we can do to show our support.

Last edited:

Weeman

Smash Crusader
I've been spreading the King's kampaign on a bunch of Mexican (and Latin American in general) Smash Facebook groups and forums, he's surprisingly popular here as well.

Last edited:

cybersai

Smash Ace
There was a new challenger shown in that direct and it was Lucas. Not sure why people are looking deeper than that/

Weeman

Smash Crusader
um just curious how many times can you vote for the same character ?
As many as you like, but due to the fact that we don't know the limitations of the system, i'd suggest only voting two or three times for each device you're on.

Top Bottom