• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
So I've noticed that nobody really uses the fact that Namco developed Mario Super Sluggers, which K. Rool was a character in, as an argument in favor of K. Rool being playable in Smash 4. Is there a reason for that? I mean sure, it doesn't necessarily confirm him to be playable or make the possibility highly likely, but I think it definitely helps his chances somewhat. I mean, another character that was in a game made by Namco made it in: :4pacman:. Considering all the supporting arguments we have for K. Rool, I feel that this little fact should be taken note of as well.
The Krystal thread tried using the same argument for Krystal's inclusion because an Assault stage was picked and Krystal played a major role in Assault (when they could've picked something from Star Fox 3D or something). I'd say it means a whole whopping zip.

CJ Falcon

Smash Lord
The Krystal thread tried using the same argument for Krystal's inclusion because an Assault stage was picked and Krystal played a major role in Assault (when they could've picked something from Star Fox 3D or something). I'd say it means a whole whopping zip.
Oh crap, I wasn't aware Namco made that game, too. Now I hope it doesn't mean anything because I really, REALLY DON'T WANT KRYSTAL TO BE PLAYABLE.

MandoBardanJusik

Smash Ace
Oh crap, I wasn't aware Namco made that game, too. Now I hope it doesn't mean anything because I really, REALLY DON'T WANT KRYSTAL TO BE PLAYABLE.
Well actualy Namco does have a soft spot for Kremlings, however I got nothing against Krystal, I would have preferred that they had resurrected Miyu or Fay from Star Fox 2 for assault, however her with her staff from adventures would make for a pretty cool moveset along with that outfit

But back to K.Rool, personally I doubt that Sakurai would save all villains for secrets post release, Black Shadow maybe, but the highly requested ones I expect prior to release at just the right time to make major hype with the major ones, and maybe an out there one like Zoda(star tropics or F-zero) or Tatanga from Super Mario Land if you wanna be really obscure

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I wouldn't mind Krystal being playable, in fact, I'd like her to be playable. But there's about 5 newcomers I want in over Krystal, and about 10 I think WOULD get in over Krystal, so I don't really see it happening. Naturally K. Rool is at the top of both those lists. :D

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Kan't help but notice that you missed an n in my name, and if it's one thing my brain doesn't like, it's misspellings (our c to k thing is fine though)
Fixed it right up for you. I also added the people who chose to become One of Us since yesterday.

It's not always easy running an OP as expansive as this thread's, but seeing people actively come in here with enthusiasm at becoming a part of it certainly makes it a worthwhile endeavor.

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
Hey guys, what special win quotes would King K. Rool have against specific opponents? Mainly the DK Crew?

Sorry if this was posted before.

SuperiorYoshi87

Smash Lord
NNID
AVENGERxTHOR
Hey guys, what special win quotes would King K. Rool have against specific opponents? Mainly the DK Crew?

I don't think he'd have any quotes necessarily, I could see one of his victory poses being him dropping to the ground and doing his trademark grunt. Maybe firing off some Kannon shots and grinning at the screen

DeadlyLampshade

Smash Apprentice
I'm sympathetic towards the King K Rool cause, while I never had too much interest in the Donkey Kong series, I think he would make for an interesting character gameplay wise. Not to mention he's awesome.

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
I'm sympathetic towards the King K Rool cause, while I never had too much interest in the Donkey Kong series, I think he would make for an interesting character gameplay wise. Not to mention he's awesome.
Well matey, only one thing to say to ye:

Edit: Welcome to Smash Boards! :)

Last edited:

El Chunko

Smash Cadet
So I've noticed that nobody really uses the fact that Namco developed Mario Super Sluggers, which K. Rool was a character in, as an argument in favor of K. Rool being playable in Smash 4. Is there a reason for that? I mean sure, it doesn't necessarily confirm him to be playable or make the possibility highly likely, but I think it definitely helps his chances somewhat. I mean, another character that was in a game made by Namco made it in: :4pacman:. Considering all the supporting arguments we have for K. Rool, I feel that this little fact should be taken note of as well.
Good point, Namco even found a way to include him in Donkey Konga of all games! Seems like they're fans of the Kremling King

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793

I doubt that they would give him lines, but we can expect some different animations/poses.

I want his losing animation to have him sprawled on the ground like his defeated pose in DKC. Just like Diddy has a unique one.

MandoBardanJusik

Smash Ace
I'm probably whistling in the wind here, but I did find something curious, has anyone noticed THIS before

Smash run is shaped like a pirate ship XD funny coincidence, eh?

NNID
TheSir24
3DS FC
2191-8079-5484
You beat DK on the Boxing ring 45 times(Also applies to 3ds boxing ring), or play as DK and Diddy 20 times each(Wii U exclusive unlock)
Fine, sounds fair enough.

I hope we get those weird requirements to unlock characters this time around. It'd be much funnier to unlock K. Rool by doing something like that than by just playing random matches.

NNID
TheSir24
3DS FC
2191-8079-5484
Yeah, I've read about this buffed Kremling boss, but I've never actually seen him. That gives us hope for K. Rool being playable, though.

I think so, This is the first time I see the guy, so it actually seems to match. K.Rool is muscular, but disguised as a fatty, so it doesn't quite fit him
This guy's name is Krusha and he does indeed fit that description.

You're right "muscular" wouldn't really be the first word to come into my head when describing K.Rool to someone. "Fat" as you said would be more appropriate.

Another thing I've seen brought up is that the green Kremlings in Smash Run do a head butt attack that looks really similar to this scene in DK 64:

Nice touch huh? :)

The Kremlings being in Smash Run is (in my opinion) a strong indicator of K.Rool's potential inclusion. Sakurai could've easily put in Donkey Kong: Tropical Freeze enemies instead.

Whether it's a hint or not, it's just really nice to see the Kremlings back. :)

Last edited:

IVIr.G

Smash Cadet
So this guy?

Not sure if a minion could be a boss, I guess it's possible.
My first thought was that it was Klubba.

Just made more sense to me that he'd be a boss since he actually WAS a boss. As well as playing an integral part in fully completing DKC2. He also fits in with the "muscle-y" Kremling boss description. My prediction is that the Kremling boss is Klubba. He's also my favorite Kremling aside form the King himself so I hope it is him.

Just made more sense to me that he'd be a boss since he actually WAS a boss. As well as playing an integral part in fully completing DKC2. He also fits in with the "muscle-y" Kremling boss description. My prediction is that the Kremling boss is Klubba. He's also my favorite Kremling aside form the King himself so I hope it is him.
Well then, I guess Klubba seems the most likely then. Nice work! :)

strawhatninja

Smash Ace
NNID
hecticzacattack
3DS FC
4441-9826-4993

Yeah this is what I thought too since K Rool is konsidered a muskular kremling.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Wasn't the leaked boss a huge muscular Kremling? Doesn't that describe that Krusha guy? I have next to no knowledge of the Kremlings, forgive me! T-T
Without pulling up the video and trying to recall Kirbopher's stuttering of the line, he first said "One of the Kremling characters from Donkey Kong, but [the rep] wasn't sure whether it was K. Rool, or Krusha, or Klump. . .it was one of the larger Kremlings."

A lot of people doubt it's K. Rool because the guy wasn't able to identify the King despite identifying a member his race, and because "large" would be such a generic descriptor for K. Rool when ones like "fat, crown-wearing, cape-wearing, golden-bellied" etc. etc. exist.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Without pulling up the video and trying to recall Kirbopher's stuttering of the line, he first said "One of the Kremling characters from Donkey Kong, but [the rep] wasn't sure whether it was K. Rool, or Krusha, or Klump. . .it was one of the larger Kremlings."

A lot of people doubt it's K. Rool because the guy wasn't able to identify the King despite identifying a member his race, and because "large" would be such a generic descriptor for K. Rool when ones like "fat, crown-wearing, cape-wearing, golden-bellied" etc. etc. exist.
I don't recall Kirbopher ever actually mentioning K. Rool. GameExplain started bringing up K. Rool after the fact and showed a pic of K. Rool, but Kirbopher himself I don't think he said anything about who the larger Kremling was. Unless that was a different video.

Zynux

Smash Lord
The Kremlings being in Smash Run is (in my opinion) a strong indicator of K.Rool's potential inclusion. Sakurai could've easily put in Donkey Kong: Tropical Freeze enemies instead.

Whether it's a hint or not, it's just really nice to see the Kremlings back. :)
Kremlings and the rumored Bigfoot Chunky prove the obvious: that the recency argument is dead and has always been dead.

If K. Rool is not playable, then it was because of a conscious choice by the development team. Not because he's "irrelevant".

I'd prefer Kudgel, only because of canon. Klubba didn't like being under K. Rool's rule and thus was helping you. Kudgel was actually the boss you fought. So I think for me it would be weird to fight Klubba along other Kremlings.

Though with that said, Klubba is obviously much more iconic and recognizable, either one would be great. He's the first one I thought of when they said a "Large Kremling Boss."

IVIr.G

Smash Cadet
Kremlings and the rumored Bigfoot Chunky prove the obvious: that the recency argument is dead and has always been dead.

If K. Rool is not playable, then it was because of a conscious choice by the development team. Not because he's "irrelevant".

I'd prefer Kudgel, only because of canon. Klubba didn't like being under K. Rool's rule and thus was helping you. Kudgel was actually the boss you fought. So I think for me it would be weird to fight Klubba along other Kremlings.

Though with that said, Klubba is obviously much more iconic and recognizable, either one would be great. He's the first one I thought of when they said a "Large Kremling Boss."
Ah yes, Kudgel. I always forget they're two completely different characters. Either one could be the Smash Run boss really. Maybe it could be the Klubba look and colors but use many of Kudgel's moves. I always loved both of them.

Plus I love the music that plays when confronting Klubba. It'd be awesome if that played while fighting him in Smash Run.

Zynux

Smash Lord
Ah yes, Kudgel. I always forget they're two completely different characters. Either one could be the Smash Run boss really. Maybe it could be the Klubba look and colors but use many of Kudgel's moves. I always loved both of them.

Plus I love the music that plays when confronting Klubba. It'd be awesome if that played while fighting him in Smash Run.
Klubba/Kudgel would be a great Smash Run enemy, since his patterns are really simple and would work definitely work in a Smash bros environment.

Klubba's Reveille (which is a remix of DKC2 title theme, "K. Rool Returns") is a great theme. Either that or Boss Bossanova would be awesome.

Vinneh

Smash Rookie
Hey guys. I'm supporting King K. Rool as well. Can I join the group? I think his chances aren't likely as Dixie, but he would be a great addition to the roster.

Last edited:
Top Bottom