• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

T-Hell

Smash Lord
PotD: Your crocodile king, K.Rool, is in Smash Bros! He will use the power of his handcannons and his brutal strength to beat the players. (FYI, he is an assit trophy. I suppose he'll get his chance another day.. Right, Waluigi?)

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
But we're a welcoming family, we don't need rules. The only rule is to praise the king!
Of course, anyone can join, but we should have a way of keeping everyone in check so that we can be a happy family!

CJ Falcon

Smash Lord
In the potd of the last two mondays two popular characters in japan were deconfirmed, that makes me nervous about tomorrow :(
But both of them aren't very well known worldwide. K. Rool is a lot more popular everywhere and I doubt Sakurai would simply deconfirm him in a Potd. The way I see it, K. Rool's ultimate fate will be made known through a direct or a trailer.

Last edited:

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
DK is a secret opponent in the Wii version of Punch-Out!!
Oops then, I just thought it was curious the opponent was DK and DK 64 had the boxing arena with K. Rool.....and yeah, it was always a gigantic leap anyway to potentially be a hint towards his inclusion. I just thought it was curious DK was the opponent, but I never knew that he was a secret opponent in Punch-Out! on Wii, so that makes far more sense why he is the opponent on the banner.... (I should really play my copy of Punch-Out! sometime...)

Regardless I just want to see King K. Rool's inclusion in the game, so anything I can latch on to in the hopes of it supporting his inclusion I'm probably going to just so my pessimism towards his inclusion doesn't override my hopes for his as a playable character. Also I'm just imagining Gangplank Galleon playing in the background while I play Smash, maybe even improved from the original track and how great that would be. Perhaps get David Wise to do an extended/expanded update of it (Man I'm dreaming at this point, lets get K. Rool playable first...)

InASnowBoundLand

Smash Lord
Mrs. Wrinkly Kong is having a hard time keeping the board clean after her death. Looks like there's some Kutthroats at Kong Kollege, too!

ChosenZelos

Smash Apprentice
So got a reply from Nintendo:

Hello Steven,

Thank you for writing to us. We have been busier than normal during this time of the year, so I apologize for the delay in our response.

It's great to hear that you are as excited about the new Super Smash Bros. games as we are! After reading your email, I can certainly understand why you would want King K. Rool to be included in the new games. I would be more than happy to forward your comments regarding this particular character to the appropriate departments for further review.

As you already know, the character lineups for these games have not been finalized, so there's no way to tell what additional characters could be included. Once we make any announcements or updates, however, we will be sure to post all of the exciting details on our official Super Smash Bros. website (http://www.smashbros.com/us/), so I encourage you to check back regularly. Thanks again!

Sincerely,

Samantha
Nintendo of America Inc.
Pretty much the same as what other people were receiving. I suggest we all just send them friendly emails though. Let's make it known we want K. Rool! OPERATION KREMLING!

Last edited:

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
@ Johnknight1 Johnknight1

Just out of curiosity what characters do you think were getting? I saw your posts in the leaks thread awhile back about DLC and such I was just wondering how many newcomers your expecting left and who they are?
Other than virtually every veteran back (yes, including Snake, Squirtle/Blastoise, and Ivysaur/Venusaur; I refuse to give up hope since originally the only Melee cut was going to be Pichu, Dr. Mario was at worst a 50/50 case), and the "obvious" likes of Ridley and K. Rool, I have no for sure idea.

All I know is that we're getting DLC and a bigger roster than most people expected.

2 years ago people expected roughly 46-50 characters, and it's very apparent that we're getting roughly 6-10 more characters than that IMO.

To tie this back to K. Rool (yes, this does tie in), that bodes well for K. Rool. It means, given the lack of the SSE taking up 60% of development time, that there's no excuse for K. Rool not to be playable. I mean, given the newcomers, he just fits perfectly with them.

And heck, it also backs up the idea of a Dixie/Cranky/K. Rool reveal of 2 of those characters. Heck, there is a realistic hope that we can get all 3 of them. There is no Chrom-like "boring" character of the lot. Sure, K. Rool obviously has the most the work with and stands out the most (if you don't think that's better, that's fine, and you have a right to the opinion), but Dixie and Cranky both have enough unique assets to be very good playable characters.

Do I think we'll get all 3 of them=??? No, unless we get an insane amount of DLC (which I also don't think is happening). However, it is a possibility. I'm leaning a bit more on getting 2 DKC newcomers than merely 1, and it's very obvious right now that we are at least getting 1 DKC newcomer.

Honestly, I hope we get a solo DKC trailer. I don't want Ridley in it, because quite frankly, Ridley and K. Rool in the same trailer would probably be like this for me, especially if you throw in an extra Dixie or Cranky Kong(s)...
5 year old me back in 1996 (who was more afraid of Ridley every time he beat Super Metroid, thought K. Rool was hilarious but dreaded that DKC2 boss fight, and loved Dixie's flippy hair and grew to love Cranky's sass), 8 year old me playing Smash 64 for the first time back in 1999, 10 year old me playing Melee for the first time in 2001, 16 year old me playing Brawl for the first time in 2008, and 23 year old me now in 2014 would all have our collective souls absorbed by the Ark or the Kovenant by the reveal of the Purple God of Death and the Khoosen King at the same time.

Last edited:

TeenGirlSquad

Smash Master
Other than virtually every veteran back (yes, including Snake, Squirtle/Blastoise, and Ivysaur/Venusaur; I refuse to give up hope since originally the only Melee cut was going to be Pichu, Dr. Mario was at worst a 50/50 case), and the "obvious" likes of Ridley and K. Rool, I have no for sure idea.

All I know is that we're getting DLC and a bigger roster than most people expected.

2 years ago people expected roughly 46-50 characters, and it's very apparent that we're getting roughly 6-10 more characters than that IMO.

To tie this back to K. Rool (yes, this does tie in), that bodes well for K. Rool. It means, given the lack of the SSE taking up 60% of development time, that there's no excuse for K. Rool not to be playable. I mean, given the newcomers, he just fits perfectly with them.

And heck, it also backs up the idea of a Dixie/Cranky/K. Rool reveal of 2 of those characters. Heck, there is a realistic hope that we can get all 3 of them. There is no Chrom-like "boring" character of the lot. Sure, K. Rool obviously has the most the work with and stands out the most (if you don't think that's better, that's fine, and you have a right to the opinion), but Dixie and Cranky both have enough unique assets to be very good playable characters.

Do I think we'll get all 3 of them=??? No, unless we get an insane amount of DLC (which I also don't think is happening). However, it is a possibility. I'm leaning a bit more on getting 2 DKC newcomers than merely 1, and it's very obvious right now that we are at least getting 1 DKC newcomer.

Honestly, I hope we get a solo DKC trailer. I don't want Ridley in it, because quite frankly, Ridley and K. Rool in the same trailer would probably be like this for me, especially if you throw in an extra Dixie or Cranky Kong(s)...
5 year old me back in 1996 (who was more afraid of Ridley every time he beat Super Metroid, thought K. Rool was hilarious but dreaded that DKC2 boss fight, and loved Dixie's flippy hair and grew to love Cranky's sass), 8 year old me playing Smash 64 for the first time back in 1999, 10 year old me playing Melee for the first time in 2001, 16 year old me playing Brawl for the first time in 2008, and 23 year old me now in 2014 would all have our collective souls absorbed by the Ark or the Kovenant by the reveal of the Purple God of Death and the Khoosen King at the same time.
Do you believe in Ninka/Vaanrose?

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
I don't, its stupid to bring back Dr. Mario, he's an insane clone character, and while he was fun to play back then, he just doesn't fit in with the various roster we have. At best he is an alt for Mario, which is very likely

Last edited:

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Let me put it this way.

I don't trust 18 year olds who leak things who aren't in the gaming industry.

So no, this "leak" has "no chance in hell" of being real.

I feel as if that leak is the classic "copy what is recent" approach with making fake leaks.

I've done fake leaks before as social experiments to see how people react (ironically the only Smash 4 one I did including "something Dr. Mario"; and yes, I used a different aliases when doing it, and all of them were on GameFAQs).

===

Quite frankly it is the lowest hanging fruit for people that only care about recent trends instead of overarching themes. If you notice, all the true leaks from Brawl aimed for the latter rather than the former.

Ness being playable ONLY IN THE REAL BRAWL LEAK (and that one other leak that had a 45 character roster) was something most people didn't think of. It was because "gameplay first" is always the thing with Smash Bros.

Honestly, I'm just waiting for a real leak to have Squirtle/Blastoise and Ivysaur/Venusaur, and no one believe that because "muh 6 maximum Pokémon" (despite us having 4 freaking Fire Emblem characters, and an equal number of Pokémon veterans that are unconfirmed, 3 of which are unique and irreplaceable).

===

So yeah, that leak aims to latch onto the lowest common denominator posters (without naming names, but you know the names), and the fringe fanbases instead of the actual fanbases.

The "anything can happen" crowd has to be either the most desperate crowd of smash speculation history. I say that and I've been around Smash speculation since roughly 2002. The funny thing is many of them admit to not even wanting to play Smash 4, and that they enjoy seeing the "mainstream" fans get upset than getting obscure characters confirmed.

Last edited:

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
^ So much entitlement
In the potd of the last two mondays two popular characters in japan were deconfirmed, that makes me nervous about tomorrow :(
Prince of Sablé isn't popular in Japan lol. If anything, he could disconfirm another retro character in tomorrow's PotD. Don't worry.

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
No worries needed. King K. Rool is the most recognizable antagonist of the Donkey Kong Country Series and Smash is in dire need of Villains.

Last edited:

strawhatninja

Smash Ace
NNID
hecticzacattack
3DS FC
4441-9826-4993
PotD: Your crocodile king, K.Rool, is in Smash Bros! He will use the power of his handcannons and his brutal strength to beat the players. (FYI, he is an assit trophy. I suppose he'll get his chance another day.. Right, Waluigi?)
That would really suck and would make a lot of people really mad.

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
That is an amazingly accurate depict of what Sakurai would describe in that PotD.

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
No worries needed. King K. Rool is the most recognizable antagonist of the Donkey Kong Country Series and Smash is in dire need of Villains.
K. Rool is probably the most recognizable Nintendo antagonist not yet playable in Smash Bros., followed by Ridley.

IVIr.G

Smash Cadet
What makes you think that? Just curious. To me it seems like the general conensus is still a final roster around 50. Do you mean 6-10 more characters in the final roster or as post-release DLC?

TeenGirlSquad

Smash Master
Let me put it this way.

I don't trust 18 year olds who leak things who aren't in the gaming industry.

So no, this "leak" has "no chance in hell" of being real.

I feel as if that leak is the classic "copy what is recent" approach with making fake leaks.

I've done fake leaks before as social experiments to see how people react (ironically the only Smash 4 one I did including "something Dr. Mario"; and yes, I used a different aliases when doing it, and all of them were on GameFAQs).

===

Quite frankly it is the lowest hanging fruit for people that only care about recent trends instead of overarching themes. If you notice, all the true leaks from Brawl aimed for the latter rather than the former.

Ness being playable ONLY IN THE REAL BRAWL LEAK (and that one other leak that had a 45 character roster) was something most people didn't think of. It was because "gameplay first" is always the thing with Smash Bros.

Honestly, I'm just waiting for a real leak to have Squirtle/Blastoise and Ivysaur/Venusaur, and no one believe that because "muh 6 maximum Pokémon" (despite us having 4 freaking Fire Emblem characters, and an equal number of Pokémon veterans that are unconfirmed, 3 of which are unique and irreplaceable).

===

So yeah, that leak aims to latch onto the lowest common denominator posters (without naming names, but you know the names), and the fringe fanbases instead of the actual fanbases.

The "anything can happen" crowd has to be either the most desperate crowd of smash speculation history. I say that and I've been around Smash speculation since roughly 2002. The funny thing is many of them admit to not even wanting to play Smash 4, and that they enjoy seeing the "mainstream" fans get upset than getting obscure characters confirmed.
I don't think I believe it either, though for different reasons. IDK, my instincts are usually pretty good, I predicted that Gematsu was mostly true, but that Chrom didn't make the cut.

Just wondering, do you have any inside info that suggests or makes you think that Squirtle, Ivysaur, and the other veterans are returning?

MandoBardanJusik

Smash Ace
I don't think I believe it either, though for different reasons. IDK, my instincts are usually pretty good, I predicted that Gematsu was mostly true, but that Chrom didn't make the cut.

Just wondering, do you have any inside info that suggests or makes you think that Squirtle, Ivysaur, and the other veterans are returning?
The issue with that is that in order to be true, Gematsu would have had to get that info AFTER the roster was finalized 2 years ago, and Chrom was NEVER considered, and was never on the list. Which means they had a really lucky guesses, that's all

Note: Clones are irrelevant, they are decided during the development process, especially near the end, sometimes when a character didn't work out, or worked so well they got it finished early enough to make a clone

Last edited:

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
The issue with that is that in order to be true, Gematsu would have had to get that info AFTER the roster was finalized 2 years ago, and Chrom was NEVER considered, and was never on the list. Which means they had a really lucky guesses, that's all
It wasn't a lucky guess, it was information at least 2 years outdated.

No one guessed the Wii Fit Trainer, ever. The only time I saw a joke about her was in one of pizzamandudeguy's videos when his friend mentioned her as a joke, and it was just that: a joke.

I've read a few lists of a few hundred characters and even a list of over 2,000 characters, all of which these people felt had a chance at being in Smash.

NONE OF THEM mentioned the Wii Fit Trainer.

Also, Sal specifically called the Mii Fighters "Mii Fighters". He also was the person who leaked the Ultimate MvC3 roster.

Given that the Rhythm Heaven franchise has enemies in Smash Run and how Shulk just makes too much sense, I don't see why the next 2 characters would be an exception.
What makes you think that? Just curious. To me it seems like the general conensus is still a final roster around 50. Do you mean 6-10 more characters in the final roster or as post-release DLC?
I mean 54-60 on the pre-DLC roster.

I doubt we'll get as many cuts as people expect. Brawl originally was just going to be Pichu cut, with maybe at worst a Dr. Mario cut down the line.

Add in that at this point in Brawl's pre-release time, we had 23 characters confirmed (all the starters except Olimar and Sheik plus Sonic and Snake).

With Smash 4 we have 39 characters confirmed.

If we apply that math 1:1, we'd have 66 characters.

And honestly, just LOOK at the characters we have.

They all look great, and they all imply MORE!

Besides, if we got Mewtwo plus every character in Brawl except Squirtle and Ivysaur, that's 50 characters right there.

Add in Gematsu shoe-ins Shulk and the Chorus Men/Marshall and should be shoe-ins in Ridley and K. Rool and that's an easy 54 characters.
^ So much entitlement
LMAO that thread was great.

Third K doesn't, so I don't, since he's my source! :laugh:

We just think based on everything looking "good" that we shouldn't be so negative with popular characters.

If you get into literal popularity, Robin was a lot more popular idea than Chrom, but Chrom was merely "expected" more. Also, Lucina was the more popular character than Chrom among the Fire Emblem: Awakening fanbase, especially in Japan.

===

To bring this back on topic, given the lack of heavyweights among the newcomers (all of them look like lightweights mostly), K. Rool and Ridley make too much sense to not happen.

Also, smash needs them just because they're... themselves. It's weird to explain, but having such a large cast without K. Rool just seems so "wrong".

Last edited:

MrCatEater

Smash Apprentice
I mean 54-60 on the pre-DLC roster.

I doubt we'll get as many cuts as people expect. Brawl originally was just going to be Pichu cut, with maybe at worst a Dr. Mario cut down the line.

Add in that at this point in Brawl's pre-release time, we had 23 characters confirmed (all the starters except Olimar and Sheik plus Sonic and Snake).

With Smash 4 we have 39 characters confirmed.

If we apply that math 1:1, we'd have 66 characters.

And honestly, just LOOK at the characters we have.

They all look great, and they all imply MORE!

Besides, if we got Mewtwo plus every character in Brawl except Squirtle and Ivysaur, that's 50 characters right there.

Add in Gematsu shoe-ins Shulk and the Chorus Men/Marshall and should be shoe-ins in Ridley and K. Rool and that's an easy 54 characters.
I sure hope so 60 character roster is just too good to be true!

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I sure hope so 60 character roster is just too good to be true!
Post-DLC, 60 characters is very possible, especially if we support (fair) DLC policies and they keep doing it.

A "best case" scenario would be if they did multiple "seasons" of DLC content, all for a fair price.

===

In regards to K. Rool, if by some Krazy Reason he's not in, he can easily be DLC.

And if one of our Kong Krew can be in, specifically Dixie and Cranky, that'd be great, too.

CJ Falcon

Smash Lord
So guys, what's gonna happen when K. Rool is konfirmed? Will we have a huge party? Will we gloat in the faces of haters? Will we no longer have a good reason to post DK and K. Rool singing One of Us ever again? Will all that's happened in this thread be forgotten? Will we all still be friends? :crying:

Chase

Smash Ace
So guys, what's gonna happen when K. Rool is konfirmed? Will we have a huge party? Will we gloat in the faces of haters? Will we no longer have a good reason to post DK and K. Rool singing One of Us ever again? Will all that's happened in this thread be forgotten? Will we all still be friends? :crying:
I am certain that we'll all flock to some other thread for next game and just build that thread up to the level this one is. We'll probably have some reason to post One of Us at some point.

MrCatEater

Smash Apprentice
Post-DLC, 60 characters is very possible, especially if we support (fair) DLC policies and they keep doing it.

A "best case" scenario would be if they did multiple "seasons" of DLC content, all for a fair price.
I must say I am happy to see people who are supporting dlc Sakurai is not the kind of person to hold back on character to instead bring them in as DLC I think DLC would be an awesome addition after release especially for characters like the Inkling from Splatoon or someone from Project STEAM or any new IPs to come out as they couldn't have been added to the original roster

BridgesWithTurtles

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3523-2059-7939
Massive Kutthroat-exclusive online tournament. Everyone uses K. Rool.

Hebrew Hammer

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
2251-5154-5209
I feel like we will continue our love of K Rool in the official character discussion threads. Getting Konfirmed is just the beginning my friend.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman

Note: Clones are irrelevant, they are decided during the development process, especially near the end, sometimes when a character didn't work out, or worked so well they got it finished early enough to make a clone
Chrom WAS considered, he was never PLANNED. There's a difference. In the early planning stages, Sakurai was like "ok, here's a list of characters to look at."

*gets to Chrom*

Ok, he doesn't really do much different from Ike and Marth...

*gets to Robin*

THAT'S the one! *throws Chrom in trash bin*

That's basically how it worked.

The leaker definitely would've need insider information so old that he somehow screwed up Chrom not being on the roster. Or he got fired and fibbed the second half to get attention.

We are gonna have a DK party with K. Rool as the star!
This, so this. Here's hoping we get Dixie as well, then we've got the whole gang back together. ^^

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Just finished updating the OP with about thirty pages of content, probably for the penultimate time before release.

We're now over 500 Kutthroats, going up by nearly 100 supporters since late-ish July when I last added to the list.

This is our Finest Hour (so far)!

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Just finished updating the OP with about thirty pages of content, probably for the penultimate time before release.

We're now over 500 Kutthroats, going up by nearly 100 supporters since late-ish July when I last added to the list.

This is our Finest Hour (so far)!
Did someone say Finest Hour?

Now that we have the power, this is our finest hour, nothing on this earth can stop us now!

Well, we hope...

Poopmin

Smash Ace
NNID
HotelMario
I might as well set up shop here for the inevitable fate of Ridley and the closing of his Thread.

Like the aforementioned Purple Space Dragon, I've wanted the good Kremling King for quite some time. I really hope he's playable, he's so interesting in terms of personality and moveset potential. Best of luck to you guys.

I just hope Dixie doesn't make it over him. That would suck.

Top Bottom