• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

FinalStarmen

Smash Ace
Quick, I'll go to GameFaqs and NeoGaf to add as many supporters to the list as possible!

In all seriousness though, how would the majority of SmashBoards forum members react to a potential King K. Rool newcomer trailer?

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
There are probably still a decent amount of K. Rool supporters around here that either aren't very active on this thread or the character boards in general, some probably don't even know about this thread's existence.

I'm sure it would make the majority of the forum (or rather the SSB4 community, at least) really happy, and if past events are anything to go by, (especially the most recent reveal trailer that involved Lucina and Robin, alongside veteran Captain Falcon) the site itself would probably crash and act slow and glitchy for a good few hours.

Last edited:

Weavel

Smash Ace
There are probably still a decent amount of K. Rool supporters around here that either aren't very active on this thread or the character boards in general, some might not even know about this thread's existence.

I'm sure it would make the majority of the forum really happy, and if past events are anything to go by, (especially the most recent reveal trailer that involved Lucina and Robin, alongside veteran Captain Falcon) the site itself would probably crash and act slow and glitchy for a good few hours.
I think only the hardcore are participating, its hard to imagine the normal crowd even acknowledging r kool for smash.

But that's just my opinion.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Basically the same way Smashboards reacts to every newcomer trailer ("OMG NEWCOMER!"), just with the added intensity of it being a character a lot of people have wanted for a very long time.

Beyond that, the celebration would start on our end at our villain finally getting his return to prominence, and the revisionist history would start on the end of everyone else. The people who are convinced "K. Rool isn't happening" (no elaboration) would try and spin the reveal as proof that "Sakurai is unpredictable" to account for their imaginary criteria failing them, while the people in places like the General Leaks Thread claiming "K. Rool isn't popular, he just has a few loud fans" (as @ FinalStarmen FinalStarmen pointed out a while back) would change their tune to "Of course K. Rool got in, he was a popular request."

Last edited:

strawhatninja

Smash Ace
NNID
hecticzacattack
3DS FC
4441-9826-4993
Basically the same way Smashboards reacts to every newcomer trailer ("OMG NEWCOMER!"), just with the added intensity of it being a character a lot of people have wanted for a very long time.

Beyond that, the celebration would start on our end at our villain finally getting his return to prominence, and the revisionist history would start on the end of everyone else. The people who are convinced "K. Rool isn't happening" (no elaboration) would try and spin the reveal as proof that "Sakurai is unpredictable" to account for their imaginary criteria failing them, while the people in places like the General Leaks Thread claiming "K. Rool isn't popular, he just has a few loud fans" (as @ FinalStarmen FinalStarmen pointed out a while back) would change their tune to "Of course K. Rool got in, he was a popular request."
Yeah when a kharacter gets announced its always the "of kourse he got in I wanted him in and knew he would get in" reply. We would get a lot more Kutthroats, and of kourse some haters with know idea who the great king is.

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276

The power of hindsight!

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404

You forgot the use of this gif. It shall be used, everywhere.

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
Quick, I'll go to GameFaqs and NeoGaf to add as many supporters to the list as possible!

In all seriousness though, how would the majority of SmashBoards forum members react to a potential King K. Rool newcomer trailer?
It would kinda be like Little Mac.
The naysayers then were all "Of course Boxing ring meant something duh and hes so unique"
And the rest just partied on.

The Return of the King will cause a much bigger party though.

dedekong

Smash Cadet
Yeah when a kharacter gets announced its always the "of kourse he got in I wanted him in and knew he would get in" reply. We would get a lot more Kutthroats, and of kourse some haters with know idea who the great king is.
What an adorable post.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
My only question about today's pic is why Sakurai made Samus after a Swordfighter Mii and not a Gunner Mii.

Meta Knight is, and always was dead obvious.

Wiinner159

Smash Hero
NNID
Make a guess...
3DS FC
2251-6491-9042
Just finished updating the OP with about thirty pages of content, probably for the penultimate time before release.

We're now over 500 Kutthroats, going up by nearly 100 supporters since late-ish July when I last added to the list.

This is our Finest Hour (so far)!
Kan't help but notice that you missed an n in my name, and if it's one thing my brain doesn't like, it's misspellings (our c to k thing is fine though)

NNID
TheSir24
3DS FC
2191-8079-5484
It's actually a laser sword. Some people think it could be hinting Shulk because it's red too.

But anyways, we're here to talk about our King, not PotDs, there's a post for that.

The Flying Brick

Smash Apprentice
It's a sword, the arm cannons are freaking fat
Not all of them. Remember the PotD that had a Gunner in a suit? That one had a pretty slim cannon, if I remember correctly.

EDIT: Right, this ain't the topic for that. Sorry. Let's agree to disagree and get back to what we do agree on: that King K. Rool is freakin' awesome and that he should be in Smash. Seriously, if K. Rool gets an Amiibo, they can have my money. All of it.

Last edited:

SuperiorYoshi87

Smash Lord
NNID
AVENGERxTHOR
Not all of them. Remember the PotD that had a Gunner in a suit? That one had a pretty slim cannon, if I remember correctly.

EDIT: Right, this ain't the topic for that. Sorry. Let's agree to disagree and get back to what we do agree on: that King K. Rool is freakin' awesome and that he should be in Smash. Seriously, if K. Rool gets an Amiibo, they can have my money. All of it.
Im excited to add Yoshi and Link Amiibos to my already extensive Yoshi and Link collections. I would be INCREDIBLY excited to add my first King K. Rool there needs to be more merchandise for the King

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I think this could be Sakurai's way of revealing Meta Knight as hidden character, and I would be completely okay with that.
Gonna say I called this back in 2008 or 2009, lol.

So many people got ticked when I said that. Apparently having a different opinion that strays from whatever some people deem is "the norm" is bad.

Regardless, it seems like all the villains are hidden characters this time around. The only that isn't thus far is freaking Bowser.

Even the anti-heroes fall under the same thing, with the exception of King Dedede.

Veteran villains and anti-heroes like Ganondorf, Mewtwo, Wolf, Meta Knight, and Wario haven't even been confirmed yet.

However, to be fair to them, we've gotten plenty of hints at Ganondorf, Meta Knight, and Wario.

Regardless, the hints towards K. Rool and Ridley may infer a similar fate for those 2 characters.

Weavel

Smash Ace
I want King r kool to be revealed with the song "one of us" playing...

Or a another song that is just as catchy with the voice actor of r kool from the show.

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
So anyone hoping for K. Rool to be revealed this week? I sure am. I'm sick of waiting.
Originally I thought he'd be unlockable, but now I think he'll be announced before release, and one of the next characters announced, too! I'm betting on either a DK trailer or an Antagonists Trailer. Or a DK trailer featuring other Antagonists as vets (like Captain Falcon in the FE trailer).

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero

Will the King K. Rool fans go nuts over who gets the rights to create the new threads in the King K. Rool Forum?

I can see many supporters of the Krooked King fighting over such an honored privilege.

NNID
TheSir24
3DS FC
2191-8079-5484
Although I think we'll see our King very soon, I really don't think it'll be this week. If he's in, he'll certainly be unlockable, but being as important as he is I'm sure he'll get a trailer of his own, maybe shared with some other newcomer(s) and veteran(s).

Hell, Sakurai wouldn't want to miss the opportunity to give us an epic trailer to show the greatness of our Kutthroat Monarch.

strawhatninja

Smash Ace
NNID
hecticzacattack
3DS FC
4441-9826-4993
Gonna say I called this back in 2008 or 2009, lol.

So many people got ticked when I said that. Apparently having a different opinion that strays from whatever some people deem is "the norm" is bad.

Regardless, it seems like all the villains are hidden characters this time around. The only that isn't thus far is freaking Bowser.

Even the anti-heroes fall under the same thing, with the exception of King Dedede.

Veteran villains and anti-heroes like Ganondorf, Mewtwo, Wolf, Meta Knight, and Wario haven't even been confirmed yet.

However, to be fair to them, we've gotten plenty of hints at Ganondorf, Meta Knight, and Wario.

Regardless, the hints towards K. Rool and Ridley may infer a similar fate for those 2 characters.
You might be right, but I still think we are getting a villains trailer.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
You might be right, but I still think we are getting a villains trailer.
I don't want a villain trailer, because if we get Ridley and K. Rool in the same trailer, I might literally die.

I'm not even kidding.

As my #2 and #3 most wanted newcomers dating back to 2008 behind only Mega Man, Ridley and K. Rool being revealed would create massive hype for me being playable in Smash Bros., whether back when I first played DKC1 and Super Metroid when I was 4 or now.

I think in the Skype call I was in for E3 2013 I made 5 people permanently deaf from my screaming at this moment.. :laugh:

Last edited:

BravadoMan_13

Smash Lord
NNID
ClassicRocker
Because very little amount of villains have been revealed so far, to me, it's building up toward a villain trailer, DK trailer, or perhaps a Metroid trailer. I think those franchises are very likely to get trailers for K. Rool and Ridley respectively.

NNID
TheSir24
3DS FC
2191-8079-5484
A huge trailer at the end of the Smash Direct revealing Ridley, K. Rool and Ghirahim along with Wario, Meta Knight, Ganondorf and Wolf would be the perfect way to finish the announcements before release.

Also I'd probably die of excitement.

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
A huge trailer at the end of the Smash Direct revealing Ridley, K. Rool and Ghirahim along with Wario, Meta Knight, Ganondorf and Wolf would be the perfect way to finish the announcements before release.

Also I'd probably die of excitement.
I still don't think we're getting a Zelda newcomer, let alone Ghirahim. A revamped Ganondorf is good enough for the Zelda series (and this coming from the guy whose favorite Nintendo franchise is The Legend of Zelda; DK is my second-favorite).

But a trailer revealed Ridley, K. Rool, and Mewtwo in it? Yeah, I could see that. And yes, argue all you want about Mewtwo not being a "villain," but he's still antagonistic, and he'd still fit right in since the other two members of the Hype 3 are villains.

NNID
TheSir24
3DS FC
2191-8079-5484
I still don't think we're getting a Zelda newcomer, let alone Ghirahim. A revamped Ganondorf is good enough for the Zelda series (and this coming from the guy whose favorite Nintendo franchise is The Legend of Zelda; DK is my second-favorite).

But a trailer revealed Ridley, K. Rool, and Mewtwo in it? Yeah, I could see that. And yes, argue all you want about Mewtwo not being a "villain," but he's still antagonistic, and he'd still fit right in since the other two members of the Hype 3 are villains.
Well, the main reason I'm considering a Zelda newcomer, that newcomer being Ghirahim, is the Trophy Theory. It could be just hinting a fully modified Ganondorf, sure, but the fact that it specified Skyward Sword instead of Zelda series is a bit suspicious.

It would be fair for the three biggest franchises to have 6 reps each. Mario has 5 already, but I consider Yoshi to be a Mario rep even though it's classified as a Yoshi rep. If Mewtwo came back, Pokémon would have 6 too, so I think it's fair for Zelda to have 6.

Ghirahim isn't one of my most requested characters, though, so I wouldn't mind that much if he doesn't make it after all. I would be more upset if Ridley or K. Rool didn't.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Well, the main reason I'm considering a Zelda newcomer, that newcomer being Ghirahim, is the Trophy Theory. It could be just hinting a fully modified Ganondorf, sure, but the fact that it specified Skyward Sword instead of Zelda series is a bit suspicious.

It would be fair for the three biggest franchises to have 6 reps each. Mario has 5 already, but I consider Yoshi to be a Mario rep even though it's classified as a Yoshi rep. If Mewtwo came back, Pokémon would have 6 too, so I think it's fair for Zelda to have 6.

Ghirahim isn't one of my most requested characters, though, so I wouldn't mind that much if he doesn't make it after all. I would be more upset if Ridley or K. Rool didn't.
If we get a Zelda newcomer, I think its Impa. Either way this doesn't relate to K. Rool.

This could be the King K. Rool Amiibo! :3

Awesome. :D

strawhatninja

Smash Ace
NNID
hecticzacattack
3DS FC
4441-9826-4993
I don't want a villain trailer, because if we get Ridley and K. Rool in the same trailer, I might literally die.

I'm not even kidding.

As my #2 and #3 most wanted newcomers dating back to 2008 behind only Mega Man, Ridley and K. Rool being revealed would create massive hype for me being playable in Smash Bros., whether back when I first played DKC1 and Super Metroid when I was 4 or now.

I think in the Skype call I was in for E3 2013 I made 5 people permanently deaf from my screaming at this moment.. :laugh:
Well I would go crazy to, but I would love it too. K Rool is my most wanted newcomer with Mewtwo being the character I want the most, and while I'm not crazy about Ridley I think he should be in the game.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Well I would go crazy to, but I would love it too. K Rool is my most wanted newcomer with Mewtwo being the character I want the most, and while I'm not crazy about Ridley I think he should be in the game.
If you think I'm exaggerating with what I said, I can find people who have stories of the physical pain I caused from the Mega Man reveal.

Just Ridley or K. Rool alone would copy that impact at the least.

Together in a reveal trailer=???

Last edited:

CJ Falcon

Smash Lord
So I've noticed that nobody really uses the fact that Namco developed Mario Super Sluggers, which K. Rool was a character in, as an argument in favor of K. Rool being playable in Smash 4. Is there a reason for that? I mean sure, it doesn't necessarily confirm him to be playable or make the possibility highly likely, but I think it definitely helps his chances somewhat. I mean, another character that was in a game made by Namco made it in: :4pacman:. Considering all the supporting arguments we have for K. Rool, I feel that this little fact should be taken note of as well.

Last edited:
Top Bottom