• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

NNID
TheSir24
3DS FC
2191-8079-5484
IT IS HERE @ BKupa666 BKupa666 and all you Kutthroats!

THE NEXT SONG!

YOU MAY BE ROOL
Sung and written by: Jabba
Based on: Billy Joel's You May Be Right

Lyrics:

For the love of god we want K Rool
Im not ****ting you he's so cool
But Sakurai trashed us out again
He's always having fun
Always Hurting anyone
And making smashboards always freaking Rage

We want the King in the combat zone
With a blunderbuss and an evil tone
So he can cause the kongs so much freakin pain
Melee he wasn't in
For Brawl he as a shoe-in
But omitting him just drives us all insane

The King must fight
The King is crazy
But he just may be the lunatic we're looking for
Its his time fight
Its his time conquer
He's got it on like Donkey Kong
The King must fight

Remember how he watched us there
Alone in his gigantic chair
He laughed at all your pain like a crocodile
We are longing for this man
Its aMURICA so f--- it we can!
'Cause you might enjoy some Royal Crocodile

Now think of all the years we tried to
Get him playable now for you
He might be as crazy as we say
If he's crazy then it's true
Goddamn it's all because of you
And who wouldn't want him any other way?

The King must fight
The King is crazy
Its his time fight
Its his time conquer
The King must fight

The King must fight
The King is crazy
Its his time fight
Its his time conquer
The King must fight

He's got it on like Donkey Kong----
God, that was beautiful.

Mr. Mumbles

Smash Ace
One, that was mostly tongue-in-cheek, two, they were so so so convinced that their character was getting revealed that Monday (before Sal even showed up) that some started treating Shulk as though he were already revealed, while others went around spamming #MonadoMonday on other forums to gain fair-weather "supporters" in light of the 'so obvious, it as good as already happened' reveal.

If you want to consider an increase in post count a "success" for the thread, then there's that, but I think that sort of cockiness getting built up, before falling flat counts as crashing and burning, and that sheer quantity of frenzied activity as overzealous. It's something I'm trying to personally avoid with K. Rool in case of anything less than playability happening, despite his odds looking ever in his favor at the moment.
Oh I don't consider that success, and I'm glad you are avoiding that here. I sorta forgot about the whole MondaMonday thing. Thanks for the answer as that was exactly what I was looking for.

Last edited:

BravadoMan_13

Smash Lord
NNID
ClassicRocker
IT IS HERE @ BKupa666 BKupa666 and all you Kutthroats!

THE NEXT SONG!

YOU MAY BE ROOL
Sung and written by: Jabba
Based on: Billy Joel's You May Be Right

Lyrics:

For the love of god we want K Rool
Im not ****ting you he's so cool
But Sakurai trashed us out again
He's always having fun
Always Hurting anyone
And making smashboards always freaking Rage

We want the King in the combat zone
With a blunderbuss and an evil tone
So he can cause the kongs so much freakin pain
Melee he wasn't in
For Brawl he as a shoe-in
But omitting him just drives us all insane

The King must fight
The King is crazy
Its his time fight
Its his time conquer
The King must fight

Remember how he watched us there
Alone in his gigantic chair
He laughed at all your pain like a crocodile
We are longing for this man
Its aMURICA so f--- it we can!
'Cause you might enjoy some Royal Crocodile

Now think of all the years we tried to
Get him playable now for you
He might be as crazy as we say
If he's crazy then it's true
Goddamn it's all because of you
And who wouldn't want him any other way?

The King must fight
The King is crazy
Its his time fight
Its his time conquer
The King must fight

The King must fight
The King is crazy
Its his time fight
Its his time conquer
The King must fight

He's got it on like Donkey Kong----
This is all kinds of awesome. Keep 'em coming Jabba!

toadster101

Banned via Warnings
NNID
toadster101
3DS FC
1891-1323-0892
I'm starting to think that a villains trailer is looking more and more likely. Not counting Dedede, Bowser is the only villain who has been revealed so far. Hell, there hasn't been a single villain or heavy newcomer so far. If there isn't a quota, there should be.

T-Hell

Smash Lord
I'm starting to think that a villains trailer is looking more and more likely. Not counting Dedede, Bowser is the only villain who has been revealed so far. Hell, there hasn't been a single villain or heavy newcomer so far. If there isn't a quota, there should be.
Even though I had that idea a long ago, I actually don't see it happening just because I don't think we will see a lot of newcomers in just one video, but I could be wrong.
I think we will just see similars of Robin-Lucina-Falcon.

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
Wow I'm an idiot, just now realized the Little Mac banner has DK as the opponent and that could be potentially a hint for K. Rool. Yeah it's a stretch, but I've seen that banner so many times and the thought never even occurred to me...

CJ Falcon

Smash Lord
Wow I'm an idiot, just now realized the Little Mac banner has DK as the opponent and that could be potentially a hint for K. Rool. Yeah it's a stretch, but I've seen that banner so many times and the thought never even occurred to me...
I don't really see a hint at K. Rool in it. All I see is a reference to the Punch Out remake on the Wii.

NNID
TheSir24
3DS FC
2191-8079-5484
I don't really see a hint at K. Rool in it. All I see is a reference to the Punch Out remake on the Wii.
Well, knowing Sakurai's methods, it could be a hint. Or it couldn't. That's Sakurai's magic.

I never thought about it as a hint, though, I always saw the Punch-Out Wii reference.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
The only way it can hint K. Rool is if you take DK64's boss battle into consideration, which is probably a stretch.

IVIr.G

Smash Cadet
There was one screencap that I believe was a POTD where, if I'm remembering correctly, it showed Diddy and Dedede on either sides seeminlgy about to square off. I haven't been able to find it again but many people speculated that it was a nod to the DK64 boss fight. It's definitely a big stretch but it was still interesting to say the least.

DJ3DS

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0602-6256-9118
There was one screencap that I believe was a POTD where, if I'm remembering correctly, it showed Diddy and Dedede on either sides seeminlgy about to square off. I haven't been able to find it again but many people speculated that it was a nod to the DK64 boss fight. It's definitely a big stretch but it was still interesting to say the least.
Had a look in the Diddy and Dedede image galleries in both these forums and on the official site; I couldn't find one I like this. To be honest I don't think that a nod to the DK64 boss fight before K. Rool is seen is necessarily advantageous - if the boss fight were to be referenced I think it would be using the actual character unless the character wasn't in, in which case they might do a homage doing another (Although Bowser strikes me as a somewhat closer choice to make).

BravadoMan_13

Smash Lord
NNID
ClassicRocker
Which K. Rool boss stage is more likely to be included? Gangplank Galleon or The Flying Krock? What do you guys think?

NNID
TheSir24
3DS FC
2191-8079-5484
Which K. Rool boss stage is more likely to be included? Gangplank Galleon or The Flying Krock? What do you guys think?
Gangplank Galleon. I don't know why, but I think it fits Smash better.

Sooooo....anyone think we'll be getting a character reveal this week? I just realized how close we are til the game gets released.
Not sure if this week, but soon enough. They're running out of time.

T-Hell

Smash Lord
It'll probably be Gangplank Galleon but I personally would like The Flying Krock more as we already have a boat, and fighting on a crocodile-shaped helicopter would be amazing.

MrCatEater

Smash Apprentice
Hello, big fan of King K Rool in Smash and after being a guest in this thread for some time I decided to join up! I'm relatively new to the Donkey Kong series in that I didn't really grow up on video games and was only introduced to the series thanks to DKC Returns and Tropical Freeze and so I played some older Donkey Kong titles and fell in love with King K Rool and so I'd like to be added to this thread's support list!

NNID
TheSir24
3DS FC
2191-8079-5484
Hello, big fan of King K Rool in Smash and after being a guest in this thread for some time I decided to join up! I'm relatively new to the Donkey Kong series in that I didn't really grow up on video games and was only introduced to the series thanks to DKC Returns and Tropical Freeze and so I played some older Donkey Kong titles and fell in love with King K Rool and so I'd like to be added to this thread's support list!
Someone stick that "One of Us" video over here, we have another one!

Welcome to the Kutthroats, komrade! We welkome you and hope you have fun!

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
Only one thing to say matey:

Edit: Welcome to Smash Boards!

Last edited:

DJ3DS

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0602-6256-9118
I would guess at The Flying Krock, if for no other reason that the 3DS Paper Mario stage has a ship and I kind of expect the Great Sea level from SSBB to return in Wii U, so feel Sakurai may potentially prefer to avoid having two ship stages in a version.

MandoBardanJusik

Smash Ace
In regards to a newcomers video, next possibility is Monday, if he decides to do an out of the blue standalone announcement like last month

NNID
TheSir24
3DS FC
2191-8079-5484
In regards to a newcomers video, next possibility is Monday, if he decides to do an out of the blue standalone announcement like last month
Without announcing it before? I don't think so. He could probably announce some special broadcast tomorrow, though, whether it's just a trailer like Robin's or a Direct.

Bumbalobob

Smash Cadet
But that video was hinted at before it was released. So an announcement of a trailer on Monday followed by a reveal on Tuesday is more likely. Although I think a Direct will happen this month, followed by a random reveal in early Sept.

MandoBardanJusik

Smash Ace
oh whoops, forgot about the actual timing on that, popped on the internet one day during a long period without it XD but tomorrow is the earliest time of a hint of it, then sometime this week a pop-up reveal is likely, especially since Gamescon is this week

strawhatninja

Smash Ace
NNID
hecticzacattack
3DS FC
4441-9826-4993
I think if they announce K Rool or anyone they deserve to be in a Smash direct or have their own event, and not do on CoroCoro TV. I just want something soon the game is coming out in about a month already.

CJ Falcon

Smash Lord
So guys, what are we gonna do if they show a new trailer this month revealing at least 1 newcomer but K. Rool isn't in it? Do we cry?

Xzsmmc

Smash Champion
So guys, what are we gonna do if they show a new trailer this month revealing at least 1 newcomer but K. Rool isn't in it? Do we cry?
We wait for the next trailer. Such is the life of a kutthroat.

I just hope that if we do get a newcomer that's not K. Rool, it's one worth being hyped for. Of all the currently revealed newcomers, only two have made me say anything other than 'meh' or 'SAKURAIII!!'.

Last edited:

CJ Falcon

Smash Lord
We wait for the next trailer. Such is the life of a kutthroat.

I just hope that if we do get a newcomer that's not K. Rool, it's one worth being hyped for. Of all the currently revealed newcomers, only two have made me say anything other than 'meh' or 'SAKURAIII!!'.
If not K. Rool, then Ridley or RIOT!!! :mad:

Last edited:
NNID
TheSir24
3DS FC
2191-8079-5484
We Kutthroats have to remain loyal to our king even in the darkest times. If He doesn't show up on the next trailer, we'll have to wait.

We are komitted.

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
Maximum wait is 34 days to know our king's fate. Is it horrible? Yes. Is it possible that all of our confidence and reasoning for him will all go down the drain? No. It will never be possible. As an optimist, I have always believed that there is something to gain out of confidence itself, to not let the odds get to you shows a strength in will. Whether or not K. Rool makes it in, we should all be proud of each other for sticking together like glue, and not letting the naysayers bring us down. Whenever one of us feels near the deep end, we help him raise his spirits back up. When given the option to use sneezy tactics to gain supporters, we instead gain them naturally, and not force our thread in their face. We respect opinions and stay on topic. We do so much that many other threads can't say they do. So it doesn't matter if King K. Rool makes it into Smash 4 in the long run, because when we get knocked down, we rise right back up and make it even more clear that we want him for Smash 5. That is the way of the Kutthroat.

NNID
TheSir24
3DS FC
2191-8079-5484
Maximum wait is 34 days to know our king's fate. Is it horrible? Yes. Is it possible that all of our confidence and reasoning for him will all go down the drain? No. It will never be possible. As an optimist, I have always believed that there is something to gain out of confidence itself, to not let the odds get to you shows a strength in will. Whether or not K. Rool makes it in, we should all be proud of each other for sticking together like glue, and not letting the naysayers bring us down. Whenever one of us feels near the deep end, we help him raise his spirits back up. When given the option to use sneezy tactics to gain supporters, we instead gain them naturally, and not force our thread in their face. We respect opinions and stay on topic. We do so much that many other threads can't say they do. So it doesn't matter if King K. Rool makes it into Smash 4 in the long run, because when we get knocked down, we rise right back up and make it even more clear that we want him for Smash 5. That is the way of the Kutthroat.
Manly tears were shed that day.

Regardless of how, our King will be in Smash for sure. If he's not playable, he'll at least be a boss and be there to see how all his subjects have grown and prospered. He'll be a proud king and will prove so by testing our might.

Praise the king!

CJ Falcon

Smash Lord
This gets me thinking, should we have a motto? Hey guys, how about we come up with a kool motto or a Kutthroat Kreed or something? Sounds like fun to me.

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
This gets me thinking, should we have a motto? Hey guys, how about we come up with a kool motto or a Kutthroat Kreed or something? Sounds like fun to me.
Like a set of standards to meet as a Kutthroat? Sounds nice, that way we keep the bad apples out ahead of time!

Top Bottom