• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

DJ3DS

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0602-6256-9118
Following on from the trailers discussion a page or two back - my personal belief is that there are likely at most two newcomer trailers left; "nearing the end of the pile" to me wouldn't imply Sakurai had more than three left. I think that one of the proposed remaining two would have a solid chance at being a DK trailer as it has the international popularity to make it sufficiently hype-worthy this close to release. I think a Ridley trailer is very unlikely (and that is operating under the assumption he is playable). It would explode this board but in all honesty his popularity elsewhere I think is overestimated. He is not popular with eastern audiences (I have heard) and likely not very recogniseable amongst casual audiences either (Metroid is a great series, but it does not have the mainstream popularity other Nintendo franchises have). If Ridley appears in a trailer this close to release I think it would have to have other, more consistently popular characters (e.g. Mewtwo) in it as well.

FinalStarmen

Smash Ace
Who cares? Winning a self-imposed popularity contest between two support threads (where no rivalry should exist) is of no importance, especially since both Shulk and K. Rool are more-than-likely playable, anyways (and if they are, then I will have my secondary and tertiary mains, right behind Robin). It baffles me there are people who actually do care, however, about higher numbers of page views on a thread, even when it will have little-to-no effect on a finalized roster.

Last edited:

Bumbalobob

Smash Cadet
Following on from the trailers discussion a page or two back - my personal belief is that there are likely at most two newcomer trailers left; "nearing the end of the pile" to me wouldn't imply Sakurai had more than three left. I think that one of the proposed remaining two would have a solid chance at being a DK trailer as it has the international popularity to make it sufficiently hype-worthy this close to release. I think a Ridley trailer is very unlikely (and that is operating under the assumption he is playable). It would explode this board but in all honesty his popularity elsewhere I think is overestimated. He is not popular with eastern audiences (I have heard) and likely not very recogniseable amongst casual audiences either (Metroid is a great series, but it does not have the mainstream popularity other Nintendo franchises have). If Ridley appears in a trailer this close to release I think it would have to have other, more consistently popular characters (e.g. Mewtwo) in it as well.
I agree with you that it is likely only two more trailers exist. So the real question is what will they focus on. The Robin/Lucina reveal showed that it is possible for multiple newcomers to appear in one trailer. The question is do they have to come from the same game, so a DK trailer could only highlight K Rool and Dixie. Or if the trailers will be more themed. If the trailers are themed and allow for multiple new comers than I think a music based trailer is the best bet for a DK reveal. Music allows for the inclusion of a Rhythm Heaven Rep, Jiggs, and a DK rep (given the konga games and the Tiki enemies). Another possibility is an Ice theme which would bring in the Ice Climbers and be based off of tropical freeze (although this set up lends itself more towards Dixie than the King)

CJ Falcon

Smash Lord
It's because your post seemed full of anger. Jaidyn was stating that every smash game has a tradition of 2 new DK stages. Nothing personal to anyone, especially when we are all one of the same.
I know what he was saying and I don't agree with it, which is overall what I was trying to say with my reply. Obviously, there was some sort of misunderstanding, but that's no reason for him to tell me that I don't know what I'm talking about. I wasn't trying to say that I'm angry, but that I don't like to be taken for a fool, as I'm sure no one else would, right? I know we're all K. Rool supporters, but my loyalties lie with the king.

I'm able to throw down if I have to. ;)

BravadoMan_13

Smash Lord
NNID
ClassicRocker
I expect at the very least two new DK stages, but it wouldn't surprise me if we get a total of three new DK stages in the game.

This is horrible news.
Not really. This isn't some sort of kompetition between the Shulk thread and K. Rool thread to see who has more pages. Doesn't matter to me at all.

Last edited:

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Oh noes! A thread for a one-off sword-wielding protagonist who people only care about because of his great game of origin has more spam posts than this one because it actively went out of its way to acquire them as part of a hashtag movement that crashed and burned and made its backers look like overzealous fools! Oh, the humanity!

In all seriousness, there's no need to enter a. . .wait for it. . .'croc'-measuring competition with a random thread, just because it has decided it would prefer to focus its posts on quantity, rather than quality. The system we've had going for the past twenty-six months has worked perfectly fine, if you ask me.

Last edited:

Mr. Mumbles

Smash Ace
Oh noes! A thread for a one-off sword-wielding protagonist who people only care about because of his great game of origin has more spam posts than this one because it actively went out of its way to acquire them as part of a hashtag movement that crashed and burned and made its backers look like overzealous fools! Oh, the humanity!

In all seriousness, there's no need to enter a. . .wait for it. . .'croc'-measuring competition with a random thread, just because it has decided it would prefer to focus its posts on quantity, rather than quality. The system we've had going for the past twenty-six months has worked perfectly fine, if you ask me.
How does a hashtag movement crash and burn? And aren't we all overzealous fools? I mean we are spending time (and based on post counts a nontrivial amount of it) on a forum about a video game we haven't played and whose production we have no say in.

I'm not trying to defend the Shulk thread as I honestly have no idea what they are up to nor do I want Shulk.. it's just well yeah... see the above questions.

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
I only said that it's weird because the Shulk Thread increased its amount of posts extremely fast, not because he in in a competition with K.Rool or because Shulk is better XD

Ryuji

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Ryuji777x
3DS FC
0044-3176-2969
This thread is amazing! Thought I'd join up to join in on the K.Rool parade going on here. He's my most wanted character! Who wouldn't want him in Smash? Sakurai-san please add the lovable reptile posthaste! #King K.Rool4Smash

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
How does a hashtag movement crash and burn? And aren't we all overzealous fools? I mean we are spending time (and based on post counts a nontrivial amount of it) on a forum about a video game we haven't played and whose production we have no say in.

I'm not trying to defend the Shulk thread as I honestly have no idea what they are up to nor do I want Shulk.. it's just well yeah... see the above questions.
One, that was mostly tongue-in-cheek, two, they were so so so convinced that their character was getting revealed that Monday (before Sal even showed up) that some started treating Shulk as though he were already revealed, while others went around spamming #MonadoMonday on other forums to gain fair-weather "supporters" in light of the 'so obvious, it as good as already happened' reveal.

If you want to consider an increase in post count a "success" for the thread, then there's that, but I think that sort of cockiness getting built up, before falling flat counts as crashing and burning, and that sheer quantity of frenzied activity as overzealous. It's something I'm trying to personally avoid with K. Rool in case of anything less than playability happening, despite his odds looking ever in his favor at the moment.

Last edited:

CJ Falcon

Smash Lord
This thread is amazing! Thought I'd join up to join in on the K.Rool parade going on here. He's my most wanted character! Who wouldn't want him in Smash? Sakurai-san please add the lovable reptile posthaste! #King K.Rool4Smash
YOU'RE amazing! You know why? Because you're.........

Last edited:

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
Kall me a kutthroat bekause this is reveal would kause a K Rukkus!
Ahhh, you have chosen well to bekome One of Us, Kutthroat!
It feels very pleasant to know how honest and moral we are with gaining supporters, which is ironik konsidering that we are rooting for a villian who konstantly uses cheap taktiks to win.

Last edited:

BowserK.Rool

Smash Champion
Hey, we all know K. Rool's a king, pirate, mad scientist, and boxer(and I guess pharaoh if you want to count mario super sluggers) but what are some other personas you'd like to see him as? I know viking k. rool was considered a possibility when TF was coming out but we all know how that turmed out instead. I always thought he' d make a good bad sheriff or grim reaper.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Hey, we all know K. Rool's a king, pirate, mad scientist, and boxer(and I guess pharaoh if you want to count mario super sluggers) but what are some other personas you'd like to see him as? I know viking k. rool was considered a possibility when TF was coming out but we all know how that turmed out instead. I always thought he' d make a good bad sheriff or grim reaper.
I always liked the Gladiator idea someone had.

And Kris K. Ringle.

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
Hey, we all know K. Rool's a king, pirate, mad scientist, and boxer(and I guess pharaoh if you want to count mario super sluggers) but what are some other personas you'd like to see him as? I know viking k. rool was considered a possibility when TF was coming out but we all know how that turned out instead. I always thought he' d make a good bad sheriff or grim reaper.
Personally, I think Indian Chief K. Rool would fit well in the new DKC games, considering(Yes I'm not gonna make every hard c a k) that the new DKC games are very Rhythm orientated, and Indian Culture is very musical, not to mention spiritual too, which the new DKC games also seem to be going for.

Last edited:

BowserK.Rool

Smash Champion
I always liked the Gladiator idea someone had.

And Kris K. Ringle.
True, the konquisador(if I'm spelling that right) k. rool ide does seem cool too. Lol they should make a dkc game which takes place during christmas and kris k. ringle tries to steal it. Come to think of it, he'd look very much like the grinch in the santa outfit lol.

CJ Falcon

Smash Lord
Kolonel K. Rool, leader of the armed forces of the Kremling Kommonwealth.

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
How would you guys go about unlocking King K. Rool? What ways would fit best for unlocking our Krooked King? (Sorry if this point has already been brought up)

Kaptain K. Roolenstein

Smash Apprentice
How would you guys go about unlocking King K. Rool? What ways would fit best for unlocking our Krooked King? (Sorry if this point has already been brought up)
Unlocking characters is actually one of my favorite parts in smash bros. If I were to think of how K. Rool would be unlocked, I'd say finding and shooting the Kremlings names in the credits. That would be a fun callback!

Last edited:

Ryuji

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Ryuji777x
3DS FC
0044-3176-2969
Perhaps by battling on Jungle Japes using DK x number of times?

Last edited:

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
A DK-themed variation on Melee's Triforce Gathering event match; instead of Link fighting Ganondorf with a Zelda ally that must be defended, substitute DK, K. Rool, and Diddy into those respective roles. K. Rool would then be fought after the match and a Challenger Approaching screen.

IVIr.G

Smash Cadet
This has probably already been discussed here before but I've been thinking about it lately.

If K.Rool is in the game, do you think we'd get a version of the boxing ring stage based off of DK64? It would be really cool if that was included but it seems like a bit of wishful thinking to have 3 different versions of one stage. When the stage was first revelaed I immediately thought of a reskinned version ala DK64. This would also provide fun scenarios to play as DK and/or Diddy against K.Rool in the classic DK64 boxing ring. Maybe even an Event Match?

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
This has probably already been discussed here before but I've been thinking about it lately.

If K.Rool is in the game, do you think we'd get a version of the boxing ring stage based off of DK64? It would be really cool if that was included but it seems like a bit of wishful thinking to have 3 different versions of one stage. When the stage was first revelaed I immediately thought of a reskinned version ala DK64. This would also provide fun scenarios to play as DK and/or Diddy against K.Rool in the classic DK64 boxing ring. Maybe even an Event Match?
As nice as that would be, I think Nintendo would just use the Smash Brothers form of Little Mac's Boxing Ring to represent the DK64 Boxing Ring.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I could see them doing an event match involving K. Rool on the Punch-Out stage, but I heavily doubt that they would make a variation of a stage from one franchise based on a different franchise.

Last edited:

metaknight120

Smash Journeyman
If there's no Kirby themed boxing ring, then no DK themed boxing ring.
The whole idea is kinda ruined by the fact that we'd be expecting four variations of the same stage.

CJ Falcon

Smash Lord
Well this is what the boxing ring would look like if it was DK64-themed:

This would be awesome! This should totally be in the game. It would be even more awesome if instead of seeing that jumbo screen in the background like with the default version, you would see the window into the room where the kremling judges are and it would be hilarious to see them goofing off and doing stupid things in the background.

Last edited:

JabbatheHutt

The Kingpin of the Outer Rim
IT IS HERE @ BKupa666 BKupa666 and all you Kutthroats!

THE NEXT SONG!

YOU MAY BE ROOL
Sung and written by: Jabba
Based on: Billy Joel's You May Be Right

Lyrics:

For the love of god we want K Rool
Im not ****ting you he's so cool
But Sakurai trashed us out again
He's always having fun
Always Hurting anyone
And making smashboards always freaking Rage

We want the King in the combat zone
With a blunderbuss and an evil tone
So he can cause the kongs so much freakin pain
Melee he wasn't in
For Brawl he as a shoe-in
But omitting him just drives us all insane

The King must fight
The King is crazy
But he just may be the lunatic we're looking for
Its his time fight
Its his time conquer
He's got it on like Donkey Kong
The King must fight

Remember how he watched us there
Alone in his gigantic chair
He laughed at all your pain like a crocodile
We are longing for this man
Its aMURICA so f--- it we can!
'Cause you might enjoy some Royal Crocodile

Now think of all the years we tried to
Get him playable now for you
He might be as crazy as we say
If he's crazy then it's true
Goddamn it's all because of you
And who wouldn't want him any other way?

The King must fight
The King is crazy
Its his time fight
Its his time conquer
The King must fight

The King must fight
The King is crazy
Its his time fight
Its his time conquer
The King must fight

He's got it on like Donkey Kong----

Last edited:

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I only said that it's weird because the Shulk Thread increased its amount of posts extremely fast, not because he in in a competition with K.Rool or because Shulk is better XD
Compare who is running this thread to that thread (I don't know off the top of my head. I assume a non-mod).

You'll find the tone of the thread and the kinds of posts reflect that a lot, as well as how much "work" the OP puts into a thread.

(funny because I'm sometimes "Hands off", which is usually not a good thing, lol)
IT IS HERE @ BKupa666 BKupa666 and all you Kutthroats!

THE NEXT SONG!

YOU MAY BE ROOL
Sung and written by: Jabba
Based on: Billy Joel's You May Be Right

Lyrics:

For the love of god we want K Rool
Im not ****ting you he's so cool
But Sakurai trashed us out again
He's always having fun
Always Hurting anyone
And making smashboards always freaking Rage

We want the King in the combat zone
With a blunderbuss and an evil tone
So he can cause the kongs so much freakin pain
Melee he wasn't in
For Brawl he as a shoe-in
But omitting him just drives us all insane

The King must fight
The King is crazy
Its his time fight
Its his time conquer
The King must fight

Remember how he watched us there
Alone in his gigantic chair
He laughed at all your pain like a crocodile
We are longing for this man
Its aMURICA so f--- it we can!
'Cause you might enjoy some Royal Crocodile

Now think of all the years we tried to
Get him playable now for you
He might be as crazy as we say
If he's crazy then it's true
Goddamn it's all because of you
And who wouldn't want him any other way?

The King must fight
The King is crazy
Its his time fight
Its his time conquer
The King must fight

The King must fight
The King is crazy
Its his time fight
Its his time conquer
The King must fight

He's got it on like Donkey Kong----

Last edited:

SuperiorYoshi87

Smash Lord
NNID
AVENGERxTHOR
@ Johnknight1 Johnknight1

Just out of curiosity what characters do you think were getting? I saw your posts in the leaks thread awhile back about DLC and such I was just wondering how many newcomers your expecting left and who they are?

Top Bottom