• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

saltybeach

Smash Journeyman
The Kritter trophy also says "NEW" on it.
IT'S A KONSPIRACY!

Also, I made a new signature icon based off of out great king himself.

Feel free to use it if you want to!
Thanks, that looks awesome!

Also that trophy being marked "new" honestly pushed everything over the edge for me. For most people it would be nothing, but based on all the info we have discussed and now this other small "hint", he has to be in. I can feel it. Our King is Koming.

SuperiorYoshi87

Smash Lord
NNID
AVENGERxTHOR
Can't say I didn't see Meta Knight coming, but with each non-villain reveal, the chance for a villains trailer grows...
Oh I agree, Ganondorf not being revealed this week is HUGE to me. Hyrule Warriors is out in Japan this week and we get Metaknight. I feel the villains trailer becoming even more of a posibility.

LaughingLuigi

Smash Apprentice
It says NEW on that Kremling trophy. No other trophy in that screenshot say NEW. King K. Rool Kongfirmed.

SuperiorYoshi87

Smash Lord
NNID
AVENGERxTHOR
Kritter trophy saying new over it while all the others have nothing, clearly a clue to DK getting a new rep. Plus out of all the possible trophys from DK it so happens to be a Kremling hmmmmmmmm.

saltybeach

Smash Journeyman
Its info we know, but I found this on 4chan and thought it was a good representation of why K Rool's chances are so good.

SuperiorYoshi87

Smash Lord
NNID
AVENGERxTHOR
Its info we know, but I found this on 4chan and thought it was a good representation of why K Rool's chances are so good.

Do you think it's possible that the Kritter models were supplied by Namco? Since they'd be the last ones to have made any in some years. If that's the case it could be an even stronger indication since they'd have a model on hand already and would just need to touch him up and add animations for attacks and such.

saltybeach

Smash Journeyman
Do you think it's possible that the Kritter models were supplied by Namco? Since they'd be the last ones to have made any in some years. If that's the case it could be an even stronger indication since they'd have a model on hand already and would just need to touch him up and add animations for attacks and such.
Its very possible since they are helping make smash 4. Though I don't know how easy it is to transfer old models from a 6 year old game, who knows. Either way the trophy ties in the Namco-Bandia influence/connection we have talked about before.

Honestly if anything this confirms for me that Rool is in smash 100% as more than a trophy. Even though I really think he will be playable if he is not he is going to be a stage boss / assist trophy guaranteed. I think there is a 0% chance he retains his regular trophy status especially after the Kritters trophy reveal.

Last edited:

SuperiorYoshi87

Smash Lord
NNID
AVENGERxTHOR
Its very possible since they are helping make smash 4. Though I don't know how easy it is to transfer old models from a 6 year old game, who knows. Either way the trophy ties in the Namco-Bandia influence/connection we have talked about before.

Honestly if anything this confirms for me that Rool is in smash 100% as more than a trophy. Even though I really think he will be playable if he is not he is going to be a stage boss / assist trophy guaranteed. I think there is a 0% chance he retains his regular trophy status especially after the Kritters trophy reveal.
Yea I don't know if that can be done with models either. I agree K.Rool has to be in, in some way shape or form. I'm leaning more towards playable or boss. I can't see Sakurai turning the main villian of very popular Nintendo franchise I to an assist trophy. If he isn't playable I say stage boss 100%

NNID
TheSir24
3DS FC
2191-8079-5484
Also all of the Classic Mode pictures shown today except for one have something DK-related.

Hints, hints everywhere!

The Flying Brick

Smash Apprentice
I've been wondering for a while: how would you guys feel if K. Rool was in, but his moveset was based only on his DKC appearance, with some original moves thrown in?

Personally, I'd be slightly disappointed, as each incarnation of the King had something unique which would be wasted this way, but he would be in, and I would be totally fine with that.

NNID
TheSir24
3DS FC
2191-8079-5484
I've been wondering for a while: how would you guys feel if K. Rool was in, but his moveset was based only on his DKC appearance, with some original moves thrown in?

Personally, I'd be slightly disappointed, as each incarnation of the King had something unique which would be wasted this way, but he would be in, and I would be totally fine with that.
As long as he's in, I don't mind where he borrows his moveset from.

a Link to the Forums

Smash Journeyman
Guys, don't get so over hyped for a K Rool announcement based solely on the Kriter trophy. We should expect they are tropies because they are Smash Run enemies like every SSE enemy. The situation hasn't really changed.

NNID
TheSir24
3DS FC
2191-8079-5484
What sucks about me supporting K.Rool is that I know almost nothing about him, never played the games and that, so I don't get to talk in a lot of konversations
I've never played a game with K. Rool in it. But I've been reading about him and his appearances.

Guys, don't get so over hyped for a K Rool announcement based solely on the Kriter trophy. We should expect they are tropies because they are Smash Run enemies like every SSE enemy. The situation hasn't really changed.
Everything is a hint when Sakurai is the one showing stuff.

Last edited:

Mewtwoultima

Smash Apprentice
Even though its just a measly Kritter trophy. Like some of you, I feel it's a subtle hint at King K.Rool. I don't know why, but the updates to me gives possible hints at certain characters. I feel K.Rool's chances have increased a little more, which is great. It felt very K.Rool hint like with some of the pictures. I don't know why... but something seems suspicious and points at K.Rool even if it isn't intentional.

strawhatninja

Smash Ace
NNID
hecticzacattack
3DS FC
4441-9826-4993
I also think revealing Meta Knight now dekreases the khances of a Kirby trailer, which some people thought Meta Knight would be revealed in a long with a newkomer. Thus inkreasing the khances of a villain trailer and increasing K Rools khances.

You see E = K Rool squared.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I also think revealing Meta Knight now dekreases the khances of a Kirby trailer, which some people thought Meta Knight would be revealed in a long with a newkomer. Thus inkreasing the khances of a villain trailer and increasing K Rools khances.

You see E = K Rool squared.
Didn't think of that one yet, but it's a good theory. It makes it all the more likely to see a newcomer from Zelda I feel, as Ganondorf is yet to be seen nowhere. It'll either be Impa, Ghirahim or possibly both. DKC could still have two newcomers to I feel. Ever since Robin and Lucina's reveal, I'm far more optimistic in seeing 2 newcomers for both Zelda and DKC.

NNID
TheSir24
3DS FC
2191-8079-5484
Although I don't like her at all, I wouldn't be surprised if they revealed both Dixie Kong and King K. Rool at the same time. It would make sense, it would be the same that happened with Fire Emblem and I wouldn't be upset that Dixie is playable because the King is there to make me happy.

And although it's off-topic, I don't think we'll see two Zelda newcomers. Sheik being a character on her own now and the more-than-likely revamped Ganondorf will fill the quota of "new stuff" for Zelda along with Impa/Ghirahim as a newcomer.

Captain Fun

Smash Lord
Just curious but does King K. Rool have multiple personality disorder?
No. Multiple Personality Disorder doesn't exist. It's now known as Dissociative identity disorder which better describes the modern understanding of the condition.

And he probably doesn't have that either. Guy just dresses as a pirate for whatever reason. I'm not gonna judge.

Top Bottom