• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

strawhatninja

Smash Ace
NNID
hecticzacattack
3DS FC
4441-9826-4993
Didn't think of that one yet, but it's a good theory. It makes it all the more likely to see a newcomer from Zelda I feel, as Ganondorf is yet to be seen nowhere. It'll either be Impa, Ghirahim or possibly both. DKC could still have two newcomers to I feel. Ever since Robin and Lucina's reveal, I'm far more optimistic in seeing 2 newcomers for both Zelda and DKC.
Yes a Zelda trailer and DK trailer are also likely. I just don't think Impa is going to get in due to the character roster being mostly decided before Hyrule Warrior went in development, but there is also DLC. Ghirahim is more likely, and I think he has a good shot. I would like a DKC trailer with both Dixie and K Rool getting revealed, and as you mentioned it would probably be similar to the Fire Emblem trailer with a random veteran thrown in. I still think (and hope) we are getting a villains trailer mainly because the big 3 would have a real good shot at getting in it (Ridley, K Rool, and Mewtwo, the most wanted and popular remaining characters). Could you imagine the hype this trailer would create? Twitter, here, and of course the Internet in general would go insane. I just can't think of a better to get people the Smash Hype train, but as this is Sakurai so you never know.

D

Deleted member

So, are we all on board with a cinematic Blast-O-Matic Final Smash?
No, I want a Final Smash where K. Rool dances around an opponent who is right in front of him and sings his favorite song
When he finishes dancing, the opponent trapped by his miraculous dance and song transforms into a Kremling and can't control themself, instead watching their character be a mindless Smash Run enemy, literally becoming "One of Us". Does not work on other K. Rool players.

NNID
TheSir24
3DS FC
2191-8079-5484
No, I want a Final Smash where K. Rool dances around an opponent who is right in front of him and sings his favorite song
When he finishes dancing, the opponent trapped by his miraculous dance and song transforms into a Kremling and can't control themself, instead watching their character be a mindless Smash Run enemy, literally becoming "One of Us". Does not work on other K. Rool players.
I approve this.

D

Deleted member

K. Rool has such good songs from the old DK show, I don't think we need a Rhythm Heaven representative anymore! Just use King K. Rool! :troll:

El Chunko

Smash Cadet
Yea I don't know if that can be done with models either. I agree K.Rool has to be in, in some way shape or form. I'm leaning more towards playable or boss. I can't see Sakurai turning the main villian of very popular Nintendo franchise I to an assist trophy. If he isn't playable I say stage boss 100%
and neither would it make sense for him to put him as a boss! that would be like putting Ganondorf or Bowser as one.. which wouldn't be right ;)

El Chunko

Smash Cadet
On a side note, I wonder if the fact that this year is Donkey Kong Country's 20th anniversary may liken his chances even more..

DJ3DS

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0602-6256-9118
I really don't think the "new" Kremling trophy is a hint towards anything, but there you go.

BowserK.Rool

Smash Champion
Anything dealing with kremlings, let alone dk in this game is good enough proof for me with k. rool's chances at being in.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
I certainly didn't mean to imply the Kritter trophy had any bearing on K. Rool, I was just getting excited about the tiny scrap of DK content amid all of the Mario, Zelda and Kid Icarus stuff. Hooray for something after months of nothing!

Last edited:

Bravetriforcer

Smash Ace
You know who almost made it into Brawl despite being out of the Donkey Kong series for over a decade and there being a (marginally) more recent counterpart also being available?

Dixie Kong.

So worst comes to worst we can say "Well almost getting into the last game has to confirm him for the next game."

Mewtwoultima

Smash Apprentice
Yes a Zelda trailer and DK trailer are also likely. I just don't think Impa is going to get in due to the character roster being mostly decided before Hyrule Warrior went in development, but there is also DLC. Ghirahim is more likely, and I think he has a good shot. I would like a DKC trailer with both Dixie and K Rool getting revealed, and as you mentioned it would probably be similar to the Fire Emblem trailer with a random veteran thrown in. I still think (and hope) we are getting a villains trailer mainly because the big 3 would have a real good shot at getting in it (Ridley, K Rool, and Mewtwo, the most wanted and popular remaining characters). Could you imagine the hype this trailer would create? Twitter, here, and of course the Internet in general would go insane. I just can't think of a better to get people the Smash Hype train, but as this is Sakurai so you never know.
An all villains trailer would be amazing and it is possible it could happen in some shape, way, or form. All three being revealed in the same trailer would cause explosions, and people would die in happiness and go hype overload! The reactions on youtube would be priceless as well:estatic:. Of course, the hype would be off the charts to. I know I would go hype crazy if this happened since K.Rool and Mewtwo are my 3rd and 2nd most wanted characters for ssb4 respectively.

Also, it would be cool if there was a donkey kong trailer with dixie kong and King K.rool.

D

Deleted member

If somehow K. Rool isn't in the starting roster, and our DLC Kampaign fails, or even if he is included, I think we should update the Kampaign to include him starring in the new DKC games since he is noticeably absent there.

Edit: If we do get him in as DLC, that should show that we really do have influence, and that influence might be enough to secure our King a position in future Retro Studios made DKC titles.

Last edited by a moderator:

ChosenZelos

Smash Apprentice
If somehow K. Rool isn't in the starting roster, and our DLC Kampaign fails, or even if he is included, I think we should update the Kampaign to include him starring in the new DKC games since he is noticeably absent there.
Why wait though!? We should start right away. I'm almost convinced Retro is going to do a third DKC with the Kremlings Returning though. But it would great to see him back if not.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
I've asked a few times about Kirby's K.Rool hat; I found an image that has an idea a few of you have posted, it got me on board with the eye deal instead of a Gator-hat.

*it also, clearly, has some other fan favorites!

Can somne help me out?
Krystal, Isaac, K.ROOL, Ridley,
Dixie, Banjo, Skull Kid, Bowser Junior

Banjo should have Kazooie with him, and not look like a hunting prize.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I've asked a few times about Kirby's K.Rool hat; I found an image that has an idea a few of you have posted, it got me on board with the eye deal instead of a Gator-hat.

Can somne help me out?
Dixie, Banjo, ____, owser Junior

I think the second to last one is Skull Kid. The K. Rool one looks nice, but the eye shows too much pain.

strawhatninja

Smash Ace
NNID
hecticzacattack
3DS FC
4441-9826-4993

Can somne help me out?
Dixie, Banjo, ____, owser Junior

Kirby K Rool is very creepy.

BridgesWithTurtles

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3523-2059-7939
Fellow Kutthroats, would any one of you mind linking me to the source of this influx of DKC-related screencaps? I haven't been able to track down where the Kritter trophy picture came from.

Wiinner159

Smash Hero
NNID
Make a guess...
3DS FC
2251-6491-9042

Can somne help me out?

I don't know what seems more outta place, Kirby getting Eyelashes for the girl characters or the fact that King K. Irby looks like he has an extra mouth with a tongue sticking out below his big eye

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
I'm still unsure whether the Smash Run/trophy Kritter is a new model or a port of the Paon Kritter. Obviously, the basic design is similar, but in some Smash footage, the face and snout look wider and longer. Maybe someone else can do a more in-depth comparison later.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860

Can somne help me out?

That Banjo hat, it reminds me of what can never be...

Anyway, I really like those hats, the only one I'd say could be a bit different is K. Rool's as the eye does look a bit off on Kirby.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

This image must be hinting at something like el chunko said, what is yoshi doing there, Why not dedede or another big enemy? instead they put another reptile
Wynaut another green and BIG reptile? K. Rool confirmed 100% :cool:

CJ Falcon

Smash Lord
Do you guys think Ganondorf will be revealed tomorrow since Hyrule Warriors gets released tomorrow in Japan? If he does, this might throw the possibility of a villains trailer down the drain. Here's hoping K. Rool gets his own DK trailer with Dixie Kong!

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Do you guys think Ganondorf will be revealed tomorrow since Hyrule Warriors gets released tomorrow in Japan? If he does, this might throw the possibility of a villains trailer down the drain. Here's hoping K. Rool gets his own DK trailer with Dixie Kong!
Plot Twist: We get Ganondorf in a random villain's trailer tomorrow during the Hyrule Warrior's stream :denzel:

T-Hell

Smash Lord
I'm still unsure whether the Smash Run/trophy Kritter is a new model or a port of the Paon Kritter. Obviously, the basic design is similar, but in some Smash footage, the face and snout look wider and longer. Maybe someone else can do a more in-depth comparison later.
It's another one. I think this was the trophy for Brawl:

Last edited:
NNID
TheSir24
3DS FC
2191-8079-5484
It would be really nice, but I think tomorrow will be dedicated to talk about Meta Knight. Perhaps on Friday.

Also I hope we have a Direct next week and we can hopefully see our king there kicking the life out of everybody.

strawhatninja

Smash Ace
NNID
hecticzacattack
3DS FC
4441-9826-4993
Even if Ganondorf is revealed that doesn't hurt a villain trailer in my opinion. There is still Wario, Mewtwo, Ridley, and Wolf for starters.

Top Bottom