• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

The Gerbil

Smash Cadet
Hey fellas I am a newbie who just wants to show my support for the King. While I feel King K. Rool isn't that likely in my opinion, he deserves to make his comeback. I hope the King doesn't only come to Smash but also returns to the main DK games as the primary villain.

On another note, using the "One of Us" video is a pretty catchy way of getting followers. Hehe.

D

Deleted member

Hey fellas I am a newbie who just wants to show my support for the King. While I feel King K. Rool isn't that likely in my opinion, he deserves to make his comeback. I hope the King doesn't only come to Smash but also returns to the main DK games as the primary villain.

On another note, using the "One of Us" video is a pretty catchy way of getting followers. Hehe.
Yes. Yes it is.

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
I think I was actually the first peep to get one of us'd. I should check though
Glad I checked, I am NOT the first to be welcomed by that message, that title belongs to Sxips. On a side note, JaidynReiman did start the tradition

Last edited:

bellboy64

Smash Journeyman
I hope someday we can find the Japanese version of "One of Us". I'd like to see it at least once.

I've been intrigued ever since I saw the Jp version of "Diddy Drop Rap". It was surprisingly good!

mynameisBlade

Smash Lord
This image must be hinting at something like el chunko said, what is yoshi doing there, Why not dedede or another big enemy? instead they put another reptile
Link to this image?

Question: Was Charizard considered a Heavy in Brawl? I never thought he was.

Last edited:

Raxxel

NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
I have a question, its a bit off topic, but why is 75m hated so much?

Xzsmmc

Smash Champion
I personally disliked it because it was too big (insert Ridley joke here). If someone wanted to run away, it was a pain to try and catch them. Plus, it just wasn't pretty to look at. Looking at while playing Donkey Kong is very different than staring at a massive, featureless black background in a 3D game.

Last edited:

Weeman

Smash Crusader
It's really annoying to play on, and it's also really big, it's like temple but with hazards, i think it makes a cool goofing out stage but that's it.

shrooby

Let me know when I'm supposed to laugh, okay?
BRoomer
NNID
shrooby
3DS FC
2320-6364-8294
I was originally just making these for the confirmed characters...

But, man, I had this 'ere amazing picture of K. Rool. How kould I resist?
SSb4KingKRoolBG.png

Welshy91

Smash Ace
I hate this "One of Us" crap. Stop holding hands and being nice. Komradery is a koncept foreign to krocodilian kings.

(I'm only partially kidding)

JabbatheHutt

The Kingpin of the Outer Rim
I hate this "One of Us" crap. Stop holding hands and being nice. Komradery is a koncept foreign to krocodilian kings.

Than sir, WE SHALL ALL FLAME EACHOTHER! MUHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Seriously, this place is like what world peace would be in forum form

toadster101

Banned via Warnings
NNID
toadster101
3DS FC
1891-1323-0892

Well said, my fellow kutthroat! (I'm not kidding)

Edit: Here's another post from NeoGAF that will get your coldblood boiling: http://i.imgur.com/0kJCHmr.png

Last edited:

El Chunko

Smash Cadet
A bit off topic but K. Rool related! I was playing Brawl the other day and I realized something.
You know how in classic mode there's the one level where you have to fight a giant Yoshi alongside DK and Diddy? Was that intended to be a vague K. Rool reference, two kongs fighting a GIANT reptile?

IVIr.G

Smash Cadet
A bit off topic but K. Rool related! I was playing Brawl the other day and I realized something.
You know how in classic mode there's the one level where you have to fight a giant Yoshi alongside DK and Diddy? Was that intended to be a vague K. Rool reference, two kongs fighting a GIANT reptile?
I doubt it. On that particular level of Classic mode, you can get two instances, both of which are random. One instance is what you said where it's You, DK, and Diddy fighting a giant Yoshi. The other is you versus Dk and/or Diddy. Either one can happen.

I think it's more of just a way to fit more of the franchises into the Classic mode.

BridgesWithTurtles

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3523-2059-7939
Pretty sure the Yoshi/DK characters participate in that Classic Mode event because they're there to represent two of the "Mario spinoff" series. Notice how you usually fight a Mario-themed battle first, then DK/Yoshi, and then it's Zelda, I believe...

BowserK.Rool

Smash Champion
This image must be hinting at something like el chunko said, what is yoshi doing there, Why not dedede or another big enemy? instead they put another reptile
It actually feels like DK shouldn't be in this picture but another big green reptile(this one with a crown and a red cape) instead.

bellboy64

Smash Journeyman
Well said, my fellow kutthroat! (I'm not kidding)

Edit: Here's another post from NeoGAF that will get your coldblood boiling: http://i.imgur.com/0kJCHmr.png
I've more or less accepted that plenty of people just can't or refuse to get out of their close-mindedness.

Heck, I'm not perfect, either. I was quite vocal about my disdain for Pac-Man in the past. I just could not see how he could get in on top of not being a fan of him. That latter part hasn't changed (and I happily stand by that) but I was never going to be petty about it.
If he was in, he was in and turned out he was.

Point is, I can be the bigger man. I know some just won't.
It's all ego. I stopped caring about my pride a long time ago. Life's just too ****ing short.

I just find it easier now to just ignore these kind of opinions. I'm happier that way. They can yuk it up, I don't get butt-hurt and don't waste my time white knighting when I could be having a more productive day.
It's very rewarding when you get good at it.

Last edited:

El Chunko

Smash Cadet
I'm still unsure whether the Smash Run/trophy Kritter is a new model or a port of the Paon Kritter. Obviously, the basic design is similar, but in some Smash footage, the face and snout look wider and longer. Maybe someone else can do a more in-depth comparison later.
imo it's probably a brand new model; it probably wouln't be easy to port a Wii model to 3DS

Weavel

Smash Ace
I myself don't understand why people want Dixie and believe she isn't worthy of being a full fledged character like King k rool.

Edit: So I just looked up dixie and.... she is Diddy kongs girlfriend and sister? what the ****?

Last edited:
NNID
TheSir24
3DS FC
2191-8079-5484
I honestly think it's the worst stage from Brawl. It's really awkward to move through it, and most of the times I ended up dying because of that rather than being KO'd by someone.

I myself don't understand why people want Dixie and believe she isn't worthy of being a full fledged character like King k rool.
The only thing I truly have against Dixie is the fact that she looks very similar to Diddy, and I want my roster to be as varied as possible. I wouldn't mind having her if they give me the King too, though.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I could see a DKC / StarFox related trailer. Dixie and K.Rool being revealed amongst Falco and Wolf. Or possibly even Ness and Lucas.
I think I was actually the first peep to get one of us'd. I should check though
Glad I checked, I am NOT the first to be welcomed by that message, that title belongs to Sxips. On a side note, JaidynReiman did start the tradition
We've been "One of Us-"ing people since long before your join date.

Also, nothing wrong with Dixie. I'll take her just to have an extra DKC character. Even if she might not be fully original. Actually, since Sakurai mentoined other characters becoming costumes for excisting characters, and Diddy had a Dixie pallete in Brawl, she seems one of the more likely characters to turn into an actual character. Same with Impa.

CJ Falcon

Smash Lord
I honestly think it's the worst stage from Brawl. It's really awkward to move through it, and most of the times I ended up dying because of that rather than being KO'd by someone.

The only thing I truly have against Dixie is the fact that she looks very similar to Diddy, and I want my roster to be as varied as possible. I wouldn't mind having her if they give me the King too, though.
Dixie has always been unique from Diddy. She's never been similar to Diddy. If you play DKC2, you'll see.

CJ Falcon

Smash Lord
I know she has her own style and all, but I said she LOOKS very similar to Diddy. In fact it's just Diddy with a different hat and a ponytail.

Well, if Diddy also changed changed his shirt to a pink shirt, put on some pink knee pads, got lighter skin, grew bigger pupils, and cut off his tail, I guess I could see some similarity.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble

Well, if Diddy also changed changed his shirt to a pink shirt, put on some pink knee pads, got lighter skin, grew bigger pupils, and cut off his tail, I guess I could see some similarity.
The thing is, they look similair and do similair things, that's a reason people think she isn't likely. I personally think it's a BS excuse, but I say K.Rool is more likely as fan popularity and Kremlings

NNID
TheSir24
3DS FC
2191-8079-5484

I know, I know, geez...

The thing is they look very similar, regardless of minor differences. If I can have anything different instead of another chimpanzee, I'll take it before taking Dixie.

Raxxel

NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
I know, I know, geez...

The thing is they look very similar, regardless of minor differences. If I can have anything different instead of another chimpanzee, I'll take it before taking Dixie.
Enjoy Brash the Bear then :p

Top Bottom