• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

Justin Little

Smash Ace
I myself don't understand why people want Dixie and believe she isn't worthy of being a full fledged character like King k rool.

Edit: So I just looked up dixie and.... she is Diddy kongs girlfriend and sister? what the ****?
No. They are just boyfriend and girlfriend.

bellboy64

Smash Journeyman

Just a lil update. This ain't official, just trying out shades and colours. As I likely have mentioned before (I tend to ramble) I'm going to do a rough layer with mostly finished animation. Trace so it's all clean and then get it all pretty with colour.

I'm just finalizing the palette as I've not started on it yet. No point in going in on blind faith. I need to make sure it looks at least "OK"-- before I get too deep. I like it though.

Btw. "richestNARRATIVE" is the script layer. Dialogue and lyrics synced up as best as I can manage. ;)

MagnesD3

Smash Master
Dixie KONG? Diddy KONG? Even in game sources say they're siblings while in other parts of the same game says they're a couple! Its incest!
All of the Kong line are not related, Kong basically means you are some sort of primate that is associated with the KONG group and you are all treated as family. So its kind of like a clan.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Dixie KONG? Diddy KONG? Even in game sources say they're siblings while in other parts of the same game says they're a couple! Its incest!
Its more of a clan than actual siblings. Diddy is DK's nephew and Dixie/Tiny are cousins to Chunky/Kiddy, but they're not all related. Its theorized that DK and Funky are brothers, though not confirmed. Last names can be based on a number of different things depending on the culture. The "Kong" last name just signifies them being part of the same clan, but that doesn't mean they are all closely related (I mean, if you trace the gene pool back they might be LOOSELY related, but that's besides the point).

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
... Well, like my great great grandpa bucktooth used to say, incest is wincest, so oh well XD

Justin Little

Smash Ace
DK's relation to Diddy is questionable. They are two different species and the ''nephew'' mess started during the 64 days, where they said Cranky is DK's dad rather than grandad like previous stated in DKC. I just wish Nintendo would make an establish kong family tree that make sense.

BowserK.Rool

Smash Champion
Just want to say if K. Rool is in the game I hope he has the following three things in terms of appearance:

1. A tail
2. A bigger crown like his rare counterpart
3. A golden belly or at least a color close to it.

bellboy64

Smash Journeyman
Just want to say if K. Rool is in the game I hope he has the following three things in terms of appearance:

1. A tail
2. A bigger crown like his rare counterpart
3. A golden belly or at least a color close to it.
I wouldn't be surprised if we got both (versions). Alt colours/costumes.

Last edited:

BowserK.Rool

Smash Champion
I wouldn't be surprised if we got both (versions). Alt colours/costumes.
I just don't want it to be his PAON(or however you spell it)design, it looks too cartoony, I think he looks better with his older design instead. I want to play as a big crocodile brute, not some green fat man out of shape.

RidleyDX

Smash Ace
Hello dudes just want to say I fully support King K Rool, I have never beaten a Donkey Kong game unfortunately, I didn't really know King K Rool that much due to this. After hearing his name being tossed around a lot during the Smash 4 speculation, I began to read up on him and discovered his hilariously crazy personality. His moveset makes its self and he defiantly deserves to be playable in this game. Sakurai wouldn't bring his lackeys without showing the big boss himself. Also for supporting a maniacal crocodile, this is one of the chillest threads here :chuckle:

Last edited:

BravadoMan_13

Smash Lord
NNID
ClassicRocker
Hello dudes just want to say a fully support King K Rool, I have never beaten a Donkey Kong game unfortunately, I didn't really knew King K Rool that much due to this. After hearing his name being tosses around a lot during the Smash 4 speculation, I began to read up on him and discover his hilariously crazy personality. His moveset makes its self and he defiantly deserves to be playable in this game.Sakurai wouldn't bring his lackeys without showing the big boss himself. Also for supporting a maniacal crocodile, this is one of the chillest thread here :chuckle:
Welcome to the KUTTHROATS!

CJ Falcon

Smash Lord
whats your favourite donkey kong game.

even thought many people dont like it I really like donkey kong jungle beat
Jungle Beat is amazing. It's so freaking fun it's unbelievable. There are some similarities between Jungle Beat and Mario Galaxy since the same Nintendo team developed both of them.

MrHomelessHobo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Orangeporrige
Jungle Beat is amazing. It's so freaking fun it's unbelievable. There are some similarities between Jungle Beat and Mario Galaxy since the same Nintendo team developed both of them.
I also think it shows how brutal donkey kong is during the boss fights, like when he ****ing demolishes the bosses.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I just watched the original DKC trilogy's K. Rool fights trying to think of specials and custom specials since I was drawing a blank. When I finished watching I think I need twice as much room for my moveset :)

CJ Falcon

Smash Lord
Does anyone happen to know all of the lyrics to "One of Us"? There are a few parts I've never been able to make out.
K. Rool:
WEELLLLLLLLLLLLLLL
Listen here, while I make it clear!
I can't believe you can't see what we see here!
A crocodile is the superior species!
You're Donkey Croc, initials DC!
Look at your claws....
You could be one of my in-laws!
Cuz you're one of us! One of us! You mean and green scaly sheen! Can't you see you're one of us?
You walk the walk like brother croc. Arm in arm, together we rock!

DK:
Weeeeelllllllllllll, if watcha say is true,
Then I guess we're brothers, same color with a similar hue.
With these fangs and this scaly skin,
There's no question that we're family next of kin.
Cuz I'm one of you! One of you! Same crew, nothin I can do. I can see I'm one of you.
One of you, one of you, the same crew. I'm really one of youuuuuuuu!

Last edited:

DJ3DS

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0602-6256-9118
Confession: I only realised today that the "Be Prepared" video was in fact a parody using Lion King music and not from the cartoon series...

Top Bottom