• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
While this all does bode pretty well for K. Rool, I can't say with all certainty that Gematsu is dead. Sure, they were totally wrong about Chrom, but they got literally everyone else. It's possible they have some outdated information, and Sakurai decided to go with Robin instead of Chrom after they had gotten their info.
What if all the unconfirmed information is outdated then? No matter how you slice it, a leak doesn't die because everything in it is wrong, it dies by getting one thing wrong, and therefor making it uncertain if everything else that is not confirmed is wrong or not. Hell, the Gematsu leak could have gotten everything else right and it is still dead.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
It's good to see that we now don't have to be restricted by the leak anymore, the door is open to a lot of characters again and we may be able to see them. So, with that said, here's to hoping King K. Rool is one of them that makes it through!

ChosenZelos

Smash Apprentice
What if all the unconfirmed information is outdated then? No matter how you slice it, a leak doesn't die because everything in it is wrong, it dies by getting one thing wrong, and therefor making it uncertain if everything else that is not confirmed is wrong or not. Hell, the Gematsu leak could have gotten everything else right and it is still dead.
My problem is this: It came out and said that Shulk was going to be today's trailer. That means, Gematsu would HAVE to have recent information if it were to bet that today's trailer was Shulk. Meaning, that Gematsu should have up to date information on the game, including that Chrom was scrapped as suggested, and that Robin/Lucina replaced him.

However, He mentioned nothing of this. He didn't correct that Chrom was no longer playable, instead he took a gamble and said Shulk would be today's trailer which seemed pretty likely, (the whole internet was convinced). His gamble failed, Chrom was deconfirmed, and ultimately the leak is dead.

I don't think it's out-dated. I think it was just lucky guesses. How many leaks do we get a day? Tons. Is it so absurd that at least ONE person might guess correctly?

Gematsu made all the right choices/guesses, but obviously it wasn't the real deal.

Phantomjack24

Smash Rookie
You know I have been following this thread for a while now.... And well I guess its time please add me to the list of kutthroats please! Other then waluigi which sadly was put in the assist trophy purgatory.. K. Rool is my most wanted newcomer and it is looking highly likely at this point.

BlindFox

Smash Journeyman
Definetely supporting K.K Rool. After the confirmation of the Gematsu Leak was a fraud, there are a lot of chances for him to be in the game. I think everyone no matter who they're supporting must feel optimistic today.

We can do it!

mynameisBlade

Smash Lord
After seeing Chrom in the game as part of Robin's Final Smash...Is there any video of Diddy Kong using his Final Smash...if not....there may be a reason we havent seen it yet. Dixie Kong part of Diddys new FS ??? I dont recall seeing any videos of Diddys new FS. If there are then NVM...

SomewhatMystia

Smash Lord
NNID
SomewhatMystia
3DS FC
2750-1555-1721
After seeing Chrom in the game as part of Robin's Final Smash...Is there any video of Diddy Kong using his Final Smash...if not....there may be a reason we havent seen it yet. Dixie Kong part of Diddys new FS ??? I dont recall seeing any videos of Diddys new FS. If there are then NVM...
I don't have footage on hand, but he's still got his usual FS.

At least I think he does? Everything I look for is coming up nothin'... Gimme a second or so...

Edit: Or maybe he didn't and I'm crazy, because I can't find a single screenshot or video clip about it.

Last edited:

sir_mihael

Smash Rookie
Thought I'd make my first post one of support for Kutthroats! Put me on the list.

Although we all knew in our hearts that it wasn't going to be a K. Rool reveal today, some of us took it better than others.
Hope you all enjoy this, you're not alone in the fight!

Last edited:

BowserK.Rool

Smash Champion
Thought I'd make my first post one of support for Kutthroats! Put me on the list.

Although we all knew in our hearts that it wasn't going to be a K. Rool reveal today, some of us took it better than others.

That was actually pretty funny lol. Still though, I hope we do get a character reveal trailer of him soon before release.

InASnowBoundLand

Smash Lord
Thank goodness for today, I ignored the stream because I was almost 100% certain that it would be a Gematsu character. But we finally have another character outside the Gematsu list! You can see how much that has breathed life into all the support topics on this forum. And I have to admit, it's somewhat cool to see the Robin and Lucina threads get this unexpected surprise. Good for them! I really hope they give the same treatment to DK, Dixie and K. Rool would make this one of my favorite games ever.

In any case, looks like King K. Rool has also posted a reaction video to today's events.

Last edited:

SomewhatMystia

Smash Lord
NNID
SomewhatMystia
3DS FC
2750-1555-1721
I think the biggest part of today isn't just that it's non-Gematsu, it's the fact that Chrom being part of Robin's FS actively goes against it, which opens all kinds of possibilities.

Also if K. Rool is in, I hope he at least gets Kaptain K. Rool as his alt. And some kind of stage from DKC2 would be nice.

InASnowBoundLand

Smash Lord
That's true. The Shulk assurance for today was another thing it clearly got wrong, but Chrom being a FS attack is definitely the biggest blow. I still expect a RH character after the Smash Run enemy found, but a lot more uncertainty has been introduced to the roster. And that's a good thing after thinking that we all figured it out.

By the way, would anyone like to discuss potential K. Rool final smashes on twitter this week (or a day or two?)? If you don't have one, make a twitter and search for the hashtag #KRool4Smash4. We should still keep the steam going to show how much support the King (Dr....Pirate.....Boxer....Pilot...) has.

KawaiiPiranha

Smash Journeyman
I don't know if I'm on the list or not because I never specifically asked to be, but you can add me to the support list if you like.

I think the gematsu deconfirmation is a good sign. The only issue now is that I assume there aren't many more newcomers...

TCRhade

Smash Champion
NNID
TabuuForte
King, Kaptain, Baron, whatever. Just give me K. Rool period and I'll be happy.

I don't know if I'm on the list or not because I never specifically asked to be, but you can add me to the support list if you like.

I think the gematsu deconfirmation is a good sign. The only issue now is that I assume there aren't many more newcomers...
Maybe we'll get lucky.

InASnowBoundLand

Smash Lord
Also, I made 4 of these yesterday for most of the years that SmashBoards has run their polls on character choices (I started with the 2011 poll and ended with the most recent one, shown below). I didn't plot all the characters because 1.) I wanted to highlight how K. Rool compared to the Gematsu newcomers and actually revealed newcomers and 2.) because I was lazy (it takes time to input the data). I sent them to Sakurai and the other Namco guy. I wanted to share just so everyone can remember that there's a lot of support for the King. Even after some characters have already been confirmed (and most likely received a popularity boost) he remains extremely competitive!

He's had this support for years!

Last edited:

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
By the way, would anyone like to discuss potential K. Rool final smashes on twitter this week (or a day or two?)? If you don't have one, make a twitter and search for the hashtag #KRool4Smash4. We should still keep the steam going to show how much support the King (Dr....Pirate.....Boxer....Pilot...) has.
Sonds like the most delightful week :)

Camc10

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Cam10_84
3DS FC
3625-9535-8650
If FE can get 4 characters, this really does allows other franchises like DK to get more characters, so characters like K.Rool just got a big boost in likelihood.

bellboy64

Smash Journeyman
Would it be to much to want even 60? To me, no roster is too large. I'd be fine with a 150+ roster with all Mario Super Sluggers, Mario Kart(s), Sonic 06 (Bad game but good characters), Kirby Air Ride, Hyrule Warriors, etc, etc, etc characters.
Y'know what? I reckon they could get away with it too. If they really wanted to. No other company can lay claim to the kind of characters and history Nintendo has. If they did a big MUGEN-sized roster, I'd be down with that.

...It's not gonna happen but all the same.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
What ever happened to that proof of Chunky?

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
The elusive Chunky Kong strikes again!

....or did he?

Last edited:

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Y'know, Metroid's Anniversary is August.
When is the August Direct?
I'll give you 3 guesses.
(But King K. can still happen, cause Sakurai.)

TCRhade

Smash Champion
NNID
TabuuForte
I'll give you 3 guesses.
Too bad the game's not being released after November. I did some peeking and found out that it's DKC's 10 year anniversary then. #KRool4Smash4

Last edited:

TitanTeaTime

Smash Lord
NNID
TitanTeaTime
3DS FC
2165-6601-4781
I'll give you 3 guesses.
Keep in mind, Donkey Kong and Zelda also have anniversaries in August. Same with Mario.

Villains trailer in August is looking like a bit of a possibility.

Last edited:

bellboy64

Smash Journeyman

That was brilliant!

First things first... Welcome!

And consider me subscribed, you (guys) seem pretty cool. :)

Last edited:

Xzsmmc

Smash Champion
You know, after playing some DKC2 today in order to help get my hopes back up, I realized something genius about it. The soundtrack. Not only is one the best soundtracks in gaming history, it fits so well.

In DKC1, you're on DK Island, a natural paradise. There's a lot of beautiful scenery with music that mostly tried for an ambient feeling.

In DKC2, you're on Crocodile Isle, enemy turf. It's dark and gloomy, with brambles, swampland and mist everywhere, and the music reflects that. It's much more ominous and foreboding. It just makes me appreciate the soundtrack more, and hope that we get a lot of it in SSB4.

Lazyboy0337

Smash Journeyman
I've been lurking here for a while, but decided to finally post my support considering the news today. One of Us!

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Keep in mind, Donkey Kong and Zelda also have anniversaries in August. Same with Mario.

Villains trailer in August is looking like a bit of a possibility.
Yep because of what anniversarys in august we might be looking at a villian trailer (and likely mewtwo guest stars in it also playable by the way.) (as a matter of fact japan anniversary of pokemon stadium is in august as well and correct me if im wrong but isn't mewtwo the boss of pokemon stadium.)

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Any big series will have an anniversary almost any time... Mario, Pokemon, Zelda-- how many games do they have? There are only twelve months guys. The big series' have too many anniversaries.

Wiinner159

Smash Hero
NNID
Make a guess...
3DS FC
2251-6491-9042
Well from what I can see the character that's got the best chance in the August direct now is ol' Ridley (considering how much both threads have talked about eachother at this point it shouldn't matter if I go slightly off topic) as Metroid games tend to release in August, so there is a chance that K. Rool might not be revealed before the game is released. Though I still have belief that he WILL be in Smash 4, just maybe not shown off early

Last edited:

I_hate_usernames

Smash Ace
I don't think it's out-dated. I think it was just lucky guesses. How many leaks do we get a day? Tons. Is it so absurd that at least ONE person might guess correctly?
There's an old saying: Fire enough darts in a dartboard, and you're bound to hit a bullseye.

I've found this to be the case with most "Confirmed" leaks, Sal is no different.

Top Bottom