• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
I'm still optimistic about K. Rool. He wouldn't bring back the Kremlings for nothing, after all. He's aware of the demand and K. Rool's wild popularity, and has been since Melee. Plus, using Classic Mega Man and World Pac-Man shows that he doesn't care about silly "recency."

Honestly, as far as newcomers go, I think we're getting the remaining Sal trio + King K. Rool.
Doesn't mean much, as Kihunters being in Smash doesn't mean Ridley is in. "Oh, but Kihunters are Samus' enemies". Well, Kremlings are DK's enemies.

Also, there is an enemy from Returns in the game too and I doubt that means Tiki Tong will be playable.

Don't get me wrong, I want playable King K. Rool, but I don't think kremlings being in the game mean much.

Also, about K. Rool being the most requested character in Japan... Well, Ridley is the most requested here in the west. Is Ridley in Smash because of that? Hopefully both will be in, but lets not pretend this "most request character" actually mean something. Most newcomers for Smash Bros 4 weren't really requested at all.

Last edited:

Xzsmmc

Smash Champion
Hopefully both will be in, but lets not pretend this "most request character" actually mean something. Most newcomers for Smash Bros 4 weren't really requested at all.
I hear that. Truth be told, Mega Man and Little Mac getting in seems like a miracle now.

Last edited:

Reila

I hear that. Truth be told, Mega Man and Little Mac getting in seems like a miracle now.
Indeed. Looking at the newcomer list, only them were requested (mostly Mega Man, actually).

Rosalina? No one asked for her.
Greninja? No one asked for it.
Villager? Please.
Wii Fit Trainer? No comments.
Mii Fighter? You are killing me.
Palutena was asked, but only by a vocal minority

I mean, some of these characters are pretty cool, but if requests meant something, the newcomers would be mostly different.

Toad would be in Rosalina's place, most likely. Or Daisy. Or even Wailuigi. Just an example.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
It takes a major Captain Hindsight to say that Kremlings getting into Smash Run was obvious and no big deal when, for years prior, giant chunks of the fanbase labored under the delusion that Nintendo had blacklisted the Kremlings from any appearance ever again, ever. Tikis appearing and Kremlings appearing are two entirely different things.

@ MasterWarlord MasterWarlord We don't know if characters are revealed in the order they were decided upon. For all we know, they could have been decided simultaneously, or K. Rool could have even been chosen first. I share your sentiment, though, and regularly find myself disgusted with the lengths people go to to defend every instance of Sakurai bias under the sun, namely with crap like "It's his game, he can do whatever he wants, and you're literally Satan if you don't like that!!!"

Last edited:

Reila

Tiki and Kremlings being in the game is different because you want K. Rool in the game. You are interpreting the presence of them in the game as proof of K. Rool's play-ability, when it might mean absolutely nothing. Regardless, I don't want to contaminate this thread with negativity, I just happened to read that post and feel like giving my two cents. I am out. Still hoping for K. Rool, by the way.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
I am interpreting Kremlings being in the game as proof that they're not being "retired" or "brushed under the rug" or any of that s*** people have tried to claim since the Jungle Beat days. I think they're indicative of K. Rool having some role in the game, but that very well might not be playability...could be a boss, could be an AT, could be some other role entirely. But they're totally on a different level from the Tikis, who anyone would totally expect to show up, what with being "muhrelevant" and all.

Topplox

Smash Apprentice
Wow, moral is pretty low around here huh. I dont really blame you guys, outside of my interest in pac man getting in, and sort of expecting Palutena getting in, the mii's are really what crushed my hopes in dreams. I knew they had a good chance but I hoped in the depths of my heart they wouldn't get in, especially because I assumed they were just going to use random sports equipment and such (almost like Villager using random items). But geez in some ways the 3 styles is almost worst. It takes up much more development time as they have so many moves and alternate costumes, and while it makes it more interesting then the whole, random items Mii I thought we were getting, EVEN sakuari said "They dont even really look like Mii's anymore."

I dont really hate many of the newcomers, but I have to say Brawl did it way better. Remember when Meta Knight was announced, everyone and their dog wants to play as Meta Knight, that guy was bad ass. I get it Sakurai, you want to wow us with your abilities to bring interesting move sets to weird characters, and you have done a good job at it. But is its so much to ask to just get what people are asking for? Are you afraid that it would be too obvious to put a character like K.Rool in because everyone wants him so you avoid him like the plague?! Suprise characters are fun, but the novelty wears off quick, especially when we dont even have the game to play and enjoy them while they are still fresh and funny. Characters we expect and want leave a much longer impact and make fans feel like they know what they came for.

I really don't know what to tell you guys. I wish us all luck, and pray to god the glorious King may grace us as a secret character. As for now, I think I will take a break from the K.Rool thread, so I dont crush my soul in all this depression.

ChunkyBeef

Smash Lord
NNID
Beeferin
3DS FC
2363-5923-1853
I'll say it. I was more hyped for Brawl than this game.
You're not alone, man. There's a lot of people that agree with you. There's only so many times you can volunteer to get kicked in the ass before you just finally kinda decide you're not that keen on volunteering to get kicked in the ass.

Anyway, it also doesn't help that the Gematsu Leak and constant contact with Smash-related forums/websites pretty much destroyed all our expectations, either. Don't worry about it too much. Just grab the game and appreciate it for what it is, hope for the best next year.

Sadly, it's all one can do.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I'll say it. I was more hyped for Brawl than this game.
I'm more hyped for Hyrule Warriors right now that Smash Bros. At least there I'll be able to play as all my favorite Zelda characters. If Ganondorf gets a total rework, I can accept the current roster even with no new additions (although I highly doubt the leak is all we got). If he doesn't but we get **** like Mii's, I'm going to scream.

ZeldaMaster

Smash Lord
You're not alone, man. There's a lot of people that agree with you. There's only so many times you can volunteer to get kicked in the *** before you just finally kinda decide you're not that keen on volunteering to get kicked in the ***.

Anyway, it also doesn't help that the Gematsu Leak and constant contact with Smash-related forums/websites pretty much destroyed all our expectations, either. Don't worry about it too much. Just grab the game and appreciate it for what it is, hope for the best next year.

Thanks, that makes me feel a lot better, after receiving a lot of hate about my pessimistic outlook on Ridley and K Rool. I want them too, it's just that I'm being a realist and realize that these characters don't have as big of a chance as many think they do. I kinda lost all hope for Ridley, but for K Rool, even though there's a good chance he won't be playable, I will continue to support him, but that's mainly because of how much I want him, not how likely he is.

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
Not wasting countless hours on a 10 man community
This is entirely accurate and soul crushingly depressing.

You're not alone, man. There's a lot of people that agree with you. There's only so many times you can volunteer to get kicked in the *** before you just finally kinda decide you're not that keen on volunteering to get kicked in the ***.

Or you could actually do something about it and not get the game.

I'm more hyped for Hyrule Warriors right now that Smash Bros. At least there I'll be able to play as all my favorite Zelda characters. If Ganondorf gets a total rework, I can accept the current roster even with no new additions (although I highly doubt the leak is all we got). If he doesn't but we get **** like Mii's, I'm going to scream.
Hyrule Warriors was the only part of the Nintendo Conference I enjoyed. That game actually did care about the characters and fans, rather than the director's own ego.

Xzsmmc

Smash Champion
Same. Hyrule Warriors has the return of Midna and Ganondorf, while the Pokemon Ruby/Sapphire remakes look very promising. I'm more hyped for both of those games than I am Smash Bros, which just doesn't feel right.

I know SSB4 is going to be a fine game, but the main appeal of the game is the character selection. It's what made the series interesting to begin with. Without an interesting roster, the game's appeal plummets.

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Thanks, that makes me feel a lot better, after receiving a lot of hate about my pessimistic outlook on Ridley and K Rool. I want them too, it's just that I'm being a realist and realize that these characters don't have as big of a chance as many think they do. I kinda lost all hope for Ridley, but for K Rool, even though there's a good chance he won't be playable, I will continue to support him, but that's mainly because of how much I want him, not how likely he is.
Lol I haven't lost hope for Ridley, I'm even more positive now than ever that he's in. Ridley doesn't particularly interest me much, though. I think he's in, but I'm not a diehard Ridley fan. Funny thing is, I had little to no hope of K. Rool appearing in Smash Bros. until the Smash Direct.

This is entirely accurate and soul crushingly depressing.

Hyrule Warriors was the only part of the Nintendo Conference I enjoyed. That game actually did care about the characters and fans, rather than the director's own ego.
Directors own ego? WTF are you talking about? I actually enjoyed most of the Conference, tbh, although I was disappointed a bit by a lack of new games most of what was shown I really enjoyed. I still want Smash Bros., that hasn't changed. I'm just slightly disappointed in the roster so far.

ChunkyBeef

Smash Lord
NNID
Beeferin
3DS FC
2363-5923-1853
Certainly an option, but I'm pretty content with Little Mac and Mega Man, and I'm down with Palutena and Mii's. I'll probably still use Pac-Man since he looks fun to play. The overall game looks fun to play, so I'm fine with spending money.

Just 'cause I don't get what I want doesn't necessarily mean I'm not going to buy it. Not buying something in protest seems like a kinda bad idea in this particular case. Thankfully, we have the option to buy one game and not buy the other, so hey. We can still play Smash and demand change with our wallets at the same time.

At least for me, I want the 3DS version.

Directors own ego? WTF are you talking about? I actually enjoyed most of the Conference, tbh, although I was disappointed a bit by a lack of new games most of what was shown I really enjoyed. I still want Smash Bros., that hasn't changed. I'm just slightly disappointed in the roster so far.
I think he was comparing the roster and directors of Hyrule Warriors to the roster and director of Smash Brothers.

Last edited:

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
MasterWarlord said:
I want you guys to think about this. . .

The guy who should've been the first one considered for this game, let alone should've made it for brawl? The guy with absolutely no negative attributes whatsoever? The guy from the most criminally underreppred series (No, not Metroid)? Yeah, he was considered after Greninja. . .When Greninja was CONCEPT ART.

Greninja is Sakurai's baby as much as Palutena. King Dedede, Sakurai's direct baby, was also considered for Smash 64 over Ganondorf and K. Rool. In Melee, if Sakurai would've added the one unique character instead of the six clones, he said he would have added Dedede, not given Ganondorf a unique moveset.

Sakurai is far more interested in satisfying himself than any fans.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Um, MasterWarlord, when Smash 64 was in development Ganondorf didn't even have his human form. By Melee, Ganondorf appeared in OOT and he wasn't sure if that form was going to stick around.

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
Um, MasterWarlord, when Smash 64 was in development Ganondorf didn't even have his human form. By Melee, Ganondorf appeared in OOT and he wasn't sure if that form was going to stick around.
There was over a year between the release of OOT and the first Smash Bros.

Regardless, I have plenty of friends who even now want to see Ganon in his pig form, so. . .

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
There was over a year between the release of OOT and the first Smash Bros.

Regardless, I have plenty of friends who even now want to see Ganon in his pig form, so. . .
Yes. Smash Bros. began development before OOT released. And even then Ganon was only in two games compared to others.

ChunkyBeef

Smash Lord
NNID
Beeferin
3DS FC
2363-5923-1853
Yes. Smash Bros. began development before OOT released. And even then Ganon was only in two games compared to others.
I can understand why they didn't put Ganon/Ganondorf in Smash 64, considering they didn't know how well the game would be received and mostly kept it to the basics. Honestly, I'm surprised Ness got in, since Jigglypuff is the token joke character on that roster, and Captain Falcon only got added 'cause he matched body types with resources they already had from Dragon King or whatever it was called originally.

So honestly, I kinda agree on Melee. They had no excuse not to give Ganondorf a unique moveset, and even less excuse not to give him one in Brawl.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Dedede made more sense than Ganondorf at that time, Ganondorf was just a one-shot appearance at the time, and Ganon himself was missing out on quite a bit of games in that period (Majora's Mask, Link's Awakening) and would most certainly be very hard to implement with the Gamecube's limitations, Bowser already suffered from this (car running animation.) Dedede would just have been much easier to implement all together while also making a big impact, and even then he was still the lowest priority newcomer and ended up being ditched.

I don't see how relevant this is to K. Rool though, he was only going to appear in Brawl at the very earliest due to him being behind Diddy Kong. In fact I'd say it's a bigger controversy Diddy wasn't in Melee than Ganondorf not being unique.

Last edited:

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
Yes. Smash Bros. began development before OOT released. And even then Ganon was only in two games compared to others
I'm impressed Dedede is being legitimately argued for over Ganon. . .

To bring this into actual on-topic relevance, I would argue K. Rool was the one to include in Smash 64 anyway. He'd just come out from his peak after the SNES era (The part of his career that makes him wanted even years after the "relevance" period). He was certainly in better shape than Dedede at the time.

BowserK.Rool

Smash Champion
King K. Rool, Ridley, and Toad, those are who the last 3 newcomers should be but Mr. Sakurai seems to be more interested in pleasing himself with the exceptions of mega man and little mac.

Nimbostratus

Smash Journeyman
With Palutena confirmed, K. Rool is officially my most wanted newcomer.

It's pretty sad that we've gone from talking about the possibility of two DK characters to being unsure if we will only get one. The series more than deserves it.
I'm willing to believe that not all the newcomers were leaked. My problem is that the number of characters is really starting to rack up. Sakurai has said as much to not expect a larger roster, and this is the guy who was very impressed with 35...

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Even if we're going to argue that angle, Sakurai would still be prioritizing Dedede over Zelda.

You'd think not all the newcomers have been leaked, since having only three unlockable newcomers (at most) would be less than even Brawl (and yes, we're getting unlockables, it's wishful thinking to say otherwise), and yet at the same time, it would be such a Sakuraian thing to do to just blatantly leave out the top three most requested Nintendo characters.

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
Well guys, look on the bright side

No flat out diconfirmation, and you have the sal leak going for you

either - The sal leak is real - we know 3 more newcomers, but not necessarily all of them and there will be DLC characters

or - It somehow was a really lucky guess and we have no idea who the other newcomers are, and possibly still dlc.

K. Rool isn't out yet

AncientTobacco

Smash Lord
I remember how people in this thread were saying that it'll be fine as long as K. Rool isn't deconfirmed.

Yet here we are, the thread is full of negativity and anger.

GreenKirby

Smash Master
NNID
NoName9999
Can someone PLEASE tell me how Pac Man deconfirmed K.Rool and Ridley?

Or how that leak, which didn't say Rosalina, solo Charizard or Greninja specifically were in, deconfirms them.

I really like to know the logic behind this.

MasterMushroom

Smash Journeyman
Can someone PLEASE tell me how Pac Man deconfirmed K.Rool and Ridley?

Or how that leak, which didn't say Rosalina, solo Charizard or Greninja specifically were in, deconfirms them.

I really like to know the logic behind this.
Not going to speak on anyone's behalf but sal and his leaks went along the line of "here are all the characters in the game, the roster is as big more/or less than brawl in the 30 range, veterans are getting cut, and the end

The only other leak to mention Rool was leakerbro, who seemed absolutely insane. His roster went to the high 50s; salromano implied the low 30s. At least that's what I've been understanding so far. I can't blame anyone for being mad or depressed, this is literally anti-hype compared to pre-brawl. You cannot blame these people for being upset for having their expectations drop like a sack of sand.

TitanTeaTime

Smash Lord
NNID
TitanTeaTime
3DS FC
2165-6601-4781
Not going to speak on anyone's behalf but sal and his leaks went along the line of "here are all the characters in the game, the roster is as big more/or less than brawl in the 30 range, veterans are getting cut, and the end
Find me an exact quote from that leak that PROVES that is the case and maybe I'll believe you. Maybe. Probably not.

D

Deleted member

I am expecting around 45-48 characters.
Low to high 30s? That's ridiculous! That would imply that Sakurai is a madman and cut characters like Captain Falcon, Ness, Ganondorf, Meta Knight, and Wario!

The Gematsu leak doesn't disconfirm characters like King K. Rool... but his chances have been impaired for sure.

ChunkyBeef

Smash Lord
NNID
Beeferin
3DS FC
2363-5923-1853
The only other leak to mention Rool was leakerbro, who seemed absolutely insane. His roster went to the high 50s; salromano implied the low 30s. At least that's what I've been understanding so far. I can't blame anyone for being mad or depressed, this is literally anti-hype compared to pre-brawl. You cannot blame these people for being upset for having their expectations drop like a sack of sand.
Actually, the Sal Romano leak suggests about 48 characters or so. Brawl's 35 selectable characters, plus the 9 newcomers announced for Smash 4, plus Chrom, Shulk and Chorus Men makes 47. There's supposedly a cut or two, and evidence pointing to there being more characters in the final roster than actually in the Sal Romano leak. So around 45 - 50.

Shamurai Formerly

Sultan of Sham
NNID
shamuraiform
3DS FC
4871-5739-8819
Roster size aside, its pretty disheartening to see everyone else getting "their guy," whether it be Mega Man, Palutena, or whoever, while we stand by like a widow at the train station.

Last edited:

AncientTobacco

Smash Lord
salromano implied the low 30s. At least that's what I've been understanding so far.
Well, your understanding is incorrect. We already have 33 characters. There's 3 characters left in Sal's "leak", which would make it 36. Not counting Snake, Squirtle and Ivysaur, there's still 12 Brawl veterans left. If all come back, the number of characters would be 48.

As far as I know, the only character Sal mentioned being possibly cut was Lucas.

TCRhade

Smash Champion
NNID
TabuuForte
If K. Rool isn't in this game, I'm going to say "screw it". I'm lucky I have Bowser to play as, and Rosie and Mac to want to try out. I'll be done with expecting things for this series. Let the guy do what he wants, I won't care anymore.

I'm not trying to be negative, but my interpretation is "bring in the ladies and surprises and to hell with what people actually want".

cephalopod17

Smash Ace
NNID
cephalopod17
I still have hope for K. Rool. Assuming only three characters were cut (Ivysaur, Squirtle and Snake), the nine announced newcomers, and the three left for the gematsu leak. When the numbers are cruched, that's 48 characters, 12 being newcomers. Even though Sakurai said the focus is not on newcomers, having only 12, with most being annouced and having one or two be unlockables is somewhat odd. It's not over yet for K. Rool (or Ridley for that matter). Let's not give our hopes up yet, after all we have a few months left, and we will know by September.

TCRhade

Smash Champion
NNID
TabuuForte
I still have hope for K. Rool. Assuming only three characters were cut (Ivysaur, Squirtle and Snake), the nine announced newcomers, and the three left for the gematsu leak. When the numbers are cruched, that's 48 characters, 12 being newcomers. Even though Sakurai said the focus is not on newcomers, having only 12, with most being annouced and having one or two be unlockables is somewhat odd. It's not over yet for K. Rool (or Ridley for that matter). Let's not give our hopes up yet, after all we have a few months left, and we will know by September.
I wish I could have that atttitude. :) But yet I can't help but feel like the roster's gonna suck. Why? D:

cephalopod17

Smash Ace
NNID
cephalopod17
The only reason I am still cautiously optimistic is because that we are probably going to get a newcomer in August (Which with the Gematsu leak looking legit could be Chrom, Shulk or Chorus Men.) Even with one newcomer announced then, that's two unlockable newcomers. Kind of low. I think that a few newcomers, like K. Rool could be unlockables. Still, even with all this info I think that everyone's chances have gone down, our King included.

Last edited:
Top Bottom