• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

Mysteltainn

Smash Ace
I agree with that sentiment. The "Burping Kremling" sound is one of my favorite things about DKC.
I think that noise would be hilarious when he dies. "Booom! Gaaauuhhh!"

On another note, I was relieved last week after watching the Nintendo Direct to see no Donkey Kong characters to be honest. It keeps the notion alive that there's something brewing for the DK franchise at a later date. Personally, I feel King K. Rool would be excellent E3 material along with Mewtwo and maybe someone else; guess we'll just have to keep our eyes peeled.

Last edited:

dimensionsword64

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3609-1605-6649
My intro would be Kirby, Pikachu, Bowser and Link fighting on a beach. Something flies in from the background, but Kirby sucks it up. He turns into Stone Kirby, looks confused, then turns into Needle Kirby. He looks at Link, who suddenly gets hit by something, that flies back towards Pikachu. Link catches it and sees it's a crown. They hear a buzzing noise, like a helicopter, and a shadowy figure falls from the sky. He takes the crown from Link and puts it on. THe screen turns, showing it was King K. Rool. They do the King K. Rool joins the battle thing, then shows gameplay of King K. Rool. At the end, back in cgi, it shows King K Rool fighting Link Pikachu, Bowser, and Kirby at once. He throws his crown at Bowser, just as the camera goes in front of Bowser. The crown flies at the camera and the trailer ends.

JhMS

Smash Journeyman
Sooooo, we all think Diddy is going to appear tomorrow right? It seems just so obvious.I know Sakurai is a troll but still...

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
My intro would be Kirby, Pikachu, Bowser and Link fighting on a beach. Something flies in from the background, but Kirby sucks it up. He turns into Stone Kirby, looks confused, then turns into Needle Kirby. He looks at Link, who suddenly gets hit by something, that flies back towards Pikachu. Link catches it and sees it's a crown. They hear a buzzing noise, like a helicopter, and a shadowy figure falls from the sky. He takes the crown from Link and puts it on. THe screen turns, showing it was King K. Rool. They do the King K. Rool joins the battle thing, then shows gameplay of King K. Rool. At the end, back in cgi, it shows King K Rool fighting Link Pikachu, Bowser, and Kirby at once. He throws his crown at Bowser, just as the camera goes in front of Bowser. The crown flies at the camera and the trailer ends.
It needs DK and Diddy in it somewhere.

domriver

Smash Lord
-----
Nice but it needs the Kongs in there. :)

BowserK.Rool

Smash Champion
Gives a whole new context to "My Body is Ready". :troll:
And I thought my mind was perverted lol.

What voice over do you guys think K. Rool should have in the game too, I was thinking either the one from DK64 or the one from the DKC tv show. Although I always thought his voice from DK64 sounded more evil and menacing.

Last edited by a moderator:

BridgesWithTurtles

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3523-2059-7939
What voice over do you guys think K. Rool should have in the game too, I was thinking either the one from DK64 or the one from the DKC tv show. Although I always thought his voice from DK64 sounded more evil and menacing.
I'd be cool with just the DKC "Kremling burp", personally. Maybe change the pitch, tone, and length to vary it up a bit for different situations.

BowserK.Rool

Smash Champion
I'd be cool with just the DKC "Kremling burp", personally. Maybe change the pitch, tone, and length to vary it up a bit for different situations.
Lol that'd maybe work if he got hit or knocked off the platform but he should be taken just a little seriously as well.

BowserK.Rool

Smash Champion
There was this one part in DK64 I remember in the Mad Toy Factory level where you had to pound the right color of the keyboard on a kremling organ and each kremling that came out of the pipes made a different burp sound lol.

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
Pic of the day confirms Diddy Kong, and his girlfriend is nowhere to be seen.

Also Bananas exist, so there's no transformation move (unless for some wacky reason it's a side special).

K. Rool now has to compete with solo Dixie for a DK spot (though if they both get it, then awesome), so now it's just playing the waiting game.

FinalStarmen

Smash Ace
Interestingly, despite the announcement for Diddy Kong's return (as if anybody would question such an inevitability), we still have yet to observe an unmistakable, fully-recognizable Donkey Kong-themed stage (besides the mysterious jungle level we have minimal information pertaining to).
I ponder as to the reason.

P
erhaps we shall patiently wait until King K. Rool is revealed.

Last edited:

BridgesWithTurtles

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3523-2059-7939
Interestingly, despite the announcement for Diddy Kong's return (as if anybody would question such an inevitability), we still have yet to observe an unmistakable, fully-recognizable Donkey Kong-themed stage (besides the mysterious jungle level we have minimal information pertaining to).

P
erhaps we shall patiently wait until King K. Rool is revealed.
Maybe the new DK stage is Gangplank Galleon, and they don't want to give away such an obvious confirmation of K. Rool's presence.

Anyway, Diddy's confirmation says minor, but good things for K. Rool. Dixie could have been (and would have been the better choice) used for a Tropical Freeze tie-in. But we got Diddy instead. The fact that Dixie isn't paired up with Diddy, however, means that she still has a shot as being playable as her own entity, so K. Rool still has her as competition. The fact that she wasn't revealed as a tie-in for Tropical Freeze in the Direct, however, suggests that she may not be in the game at all, which would go some ways in helping K. Rool's chances as the unopposed newcomer.

Sehnsucht

The Marquis of Sass
BRoomer
Maybe the new DK stage is Gangplank Galleon, and they don't want to give away such an obvious confirmation of K. Rool's presence.
I think the Major Franchises may be getting four stages each, two per system (plus a Brawl carryover).

Zelda has both Gerudo Valley and Spirit Tracks on the 3DS, and Skyloft on the Wii U. This suggests that Zelda will get one more Wii U stage, as well as a Brawl holdover (probably Bridge of Eldin, playable on both systems).

DK may merit 4+1 stages, especially since the series got 2+1 in Brawl (Rumble Falls, 75M, and Jungle Japes from Melee).

So, we'd probably get Gangplank Galleon (K Rool Home Stage) for the Wii U. The second Wii U DK stage will likely hail from DKCR - but probably not from Tropical Freeze, since the game just came out, and Smash is now two years in development. I can imagine something like a general "DK Island" setup from the DKCR world.

That leaves us with two DK 3DS stages. Dunno what these could be. I'll leave this to speculators.

In any case, point being that they may have a Wii U (or 3DS) stage to spare beside Gangplank. They could show a DKCR or some other stage, while withholding Gangplank until the triumphant reveal.

FinalStarmen

Smash Ace
Actually, I was considering suggesting this, alongside a Country Returns Forest/Jungle stage. Yet, if the latter were the case, I would suspect development has not yet finished up the technical/graphical aspects of the stage. Otherwise, why not a showcase upon Diddy's reveal?

Last edited:

Steelia

Smash Champion
Diddy's solo reveal and the lack of a DK-themed stage reveal so far kind of worries me. Dixie being cut from SSBB makes her prime material to be reintroduced as a (solo) character of her own, and for some reason I don't see two DK newcomer reveal videos in the next few months. A Gangplank Galleon stage would be sweet, but it also worries me in the same way Pryosphere did, where K. Rool could make a nice cannonball-summoning stage hazard for such an area. Or just navigating the ship, I don't know.

I'm probably being paranoid... I'm definitely being paranoid. But I can't help worrying with him being absent in the recent DK titles, and this supposed vendetta Nintendo has with him becoming a big bad in the DK games again.

...I give it like a week until Sakurai finally decides to show a DK stage that has no relation to K. Rool. The man's the master of trolling.

Last edited:

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
I agree with what a lot of you are saying about K. Rool and stages, but I also wouldn't write off the possibility of there being an awful new arcade stage in the vein of 75m. That would be a worst case stage scenario, but we'll just have to wait and see what happens.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
I wouldn't look into it too much either way. I don't think Diddy or Tropical Freeze means much for DK content, much less K. Rool. *looks at X/Y and Pokemon*

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
I'd also like to point out to the "Sakurai always uses the most recent designs, so recency > K. Rool" people.

Diddy's using the DK64 versions of both the rocketbarrels and the popgun still. So take that.

I love Sakurai.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
My reaction to Diddy being confirmed alone...

(even if his model is far from complete)

Hopefully the detail Diddy is lacking went into the scales of the King, so at last we can have THE FOUR KINGS OF SMASH!!!

The King of the Koopas
The King of Evil/the Gerudo(s)
The (self-proclaimed) King of Dreamland
The Kremling King

Alas my brothers, OUR DAY OF GREAT VICTORY DAWNS NEAR!!!

THE KREMLING KING, THE PROCLAIMED KING OF KINGS AND LORD OF THE END OF HOPE WILL SOON MAKE HIS GLORIOUS RETURN!!!

WE ARE...
...DEFENDERS OF THE K. ROOL FAITHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

With Diddy Kong getting confirmed… the party is just getting started!
I'll wait for E3 instead of April. King K. Rool would seem appropriate to reveal there in my opinion.
Just be careful that Dixie Kong can also easily be added. If one gets in, they affect the chances of the other. They have both earned a spot on the roster in my eyes… it's just a shame that only one might get in.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
So we passed all of the TF dates, and K. Rool's chances couldn't look better. If Dixie was a unique and prioritized newcomer, Diddy would have been revealed earlier, like with Peach and 3D World, so that Dixie could be revealed in the Nintendo Direct that had Little Mac. The last passage to pass was the Diddy/Dixie duo, which would require quite the manhours from the team and could potentially have been a thorn in the side of K. Rool, but things turned out like they should, despite how boring I find Diddy it was the right thing to keep Diddy solo.

With all these things having passed, the idea that K. Rool is the prioritized DK newcomer and Dixie is a potential last minute addition seems very likely. Especially since it seems that Diddy Kong's gadgets indicate that the DK cast isn't based on the Returns games.

It's a good time to be a Kutthroat.

Last edited:

Xhampi

Smash Lord
So the first thing I've seen this morning on a French nintendo site :
"DK game release + new character in smash bros = ?"

Followed by the subtitle :
"King K Rool announced"

I know it's only one week since Little Mac reveal but I just had a heart attack for a minute.

And then it was Diddy Kong.

I don't even know what to say.

Cobalsh

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2578-3430-9913
So the first thing I've seen this morning on a French nintendo site :
"DK game release + new character in smash bros = ?"

Followed by the subtitle :
"King K Rool announced"

I know it's only one week since Little Mac reveal but I just had a heart attack for a minute.

And then it was Diddy Kong.

I don't even know what to say.
Too early in the morning for trolls.:glare: I always go directly to Miiverse on my 3DS when I wake up on a weekday, or just go to the website for more pics.

Groose

Smash Champion
Hmm. Somebody observed on the Miiverse Pic of the Day Discussion Thread that Diddy Kong draws influence from older games, such as having the old design for his rocket barrel. Does anybody know if this game has clearly drawn anything from Tropical Freeze so far?

...the less it does, the better for K. Rool.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Pretty sure Diddy still has the DKCR designs for his rocketbarrels and popguns in TF.

So Sakurai just said "Meh, the old ones are better (which they are) on that one..

Booyah.

Smady

Smash Master
Things are looking very rosy for K. Rool. Diddy's bananas essentially negate any tag team there may have been speculated to be using Dixie, making it very difficult to see how she'd get a moveset at all. I am absolutely sure DK will get one newcomer in the least, so at this point I'd say the Kremling King is looking likelier and likelier. If the designs are styled on the old, and Diet K. Rool was basically an homage to K. Rool more than his own character, those are two good signs that Nintendo is on top of the current trends and making way for a certain king's entry into Smash Bros. Let alone the inferences of the old designs, this is a great sign that Sakurai will use the old K. Rool design over the dreadful Paon one. That alone is cause for celebration.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Pretty sure Diddy still has the DKCR designs for his rocketbarrels and popguns in TF.

So Sakurai just said "Meh, the old ones are better (which they are) on that one..

Booyah.
I also am loving this! Take note this makes Dixie a bit less likely to. As Tropical Freeze inspired moves would hint towards her to, and makes her fit in easier due to being a possible Diddy semi clone.

Anyway, great news for the King!

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
The only thing that's keeping me from just straight up assuming K. Rool's a lock at this point is rumors. That's probably just me keeping a watch on rumors that make no sense, but I'm a totally paranoid person.

The fact that I can't outright disprove that one rumor that just says "No K. Rool and no Ridley" despite the myriad of potential problems with it, means I'm going to fret about it until I don't have to worry about it anymore.

Rumors aside, K. Rool has never had better odds. He's the most wanted newcomer worldwide, the most recent boss is a big love letter to him, and Diddy maintains his DK64 self with no Dixie/Cranky in sight.

That in mind, stay vigilant, Kutthroats. We've still got some seas to sail through yet.

SmashShadow

Smash Champion
3DS FC
0104-0598-9588
I'll be disappointed if Tropical Freeze doesn't get a stage. We always get jungle stages for DK. It'd be a nice change there. Also, I'd much rather we see Tropical Freeze music than Returns music mainly because most of the good songs either are remixes or carry on to TF.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
That, and David Wise did the TF soundtrack so there's that.

However, if he throws a curveball and we DO get a Gangplank Galleon stage or something, there's alot of good music from past games we need. (That would probably also be on the TF stage anyway, but yeah.)

Hoots

Can Be Combative
So we passed all of the TF dates, and K. Rool's chances couldn't look better. If Dixie was a unique and prioritized newcomer, Diddy would have been revealed earlier, like with Peach and 3D World, so that Dixie could be revealed in the Nintendo Direct that had Little Mac. The last passage to pass was the Diddy/Dixie duo, which would require quite the manhours from the team and could potentially have been a thorn in the side of K. Rool, but things turned out like they should, despite how boring I find Diddy it was the right thing to keep Diddy solo.

With all these things having passed, the idea that K. Rool is the prioritized DK newcomer and Dixie is a potential last minute addition seems very likely. Especially since it seems that Diddy Kong's gadgets indicate that the DK cast isn't based on the Returns games.

It's a good time to be a Kutthroat.
I agree. I think Dixie's chances have plummeted in the past 2 weeks. If she was a newcomer, what fathomable reason would they have had for not revealing her last Thursday to push the game that they're relying on to sell the WiiU until May? At this point, I see three options:

1. K. Rool is the only DK newcomer.
2. There are no DK newcomers.
3. Dixie is a secret Diddy clone (and is the only DK newcomer).

I think the first two are equally likely at this point, unfortunately. However, K. Rool's chances have only gone up after these past 2 reveals.

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
In the assumption that Dixie is a Luigi-style semi-clone of Diddy, she could still be in, albeit as an unlockable character. Regardless, things are looking good for K. Rool.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
Well, it would be a glaring omission if DK received no further reps than Donkey and Diddy.

I am fairly certain we will get at least a King K. Rool or a Diddy. Perhaps both.

Last edited:
Top Bottom