• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

D

Deleted member

It's a good thing that the David Wise factoid and Retro's following of our Twitter movement are out there, subtly hinting at a future for K. Rool and the Kremlings. And hey, even if somehow they're not yet in a new game, all it takes is for Nintendo to say "Retro, look at all these ballot votes for K. Rool. Make him part of your future plans, whether or not he currently is, m'kay?"
For these reasons, like you, I also fully expect King K. Rool's return by the next mainstream DKC game. I seriously doubt it will have any effect on this game's DLC thought. By the time we (or more accurately, Sakurai) finds out about King K. Rool's return, the ballot will be over and the characters will have already been picked. Our hope for this game lies is that King K. Rool will stand out well enough in polls to where Sakurai is given no option other than to add King K. Rool and that the remaining DLC will partially be used for characters "without a future" outside of veterans. Because it's time for all of us to accept that King K. Rool's lack of recent appearance contributed to his absence on the initial roster and recency is going to be a concern for characters going forward in future Smash games whenever or not we agree.

Last edited by a moderator:

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
I've asked Jakks before to add K. Rool merchandise before. I bought their Wind Waker Ganondorf figure, it's great.
I'm glad to hear that - they've stated in interviews that this sort of feedback gets passed to the team. (That was alongside the rather awesome snippet that they want to cover as much of what's in Smash as possible, but they don't hold the license for the Smash name itself, so it just wouldn't be under that branding.)

You guys don't mind if I share a track I think is criminally underrated, do you?
Go for it. Especially if it's Rockface Rumble.

Last edited:

Desert Croc

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4757-0799-4282
It's pretty sad that K. Rool's helipack would be the first real honest-to-God representation of DKC3 in Smash in any form.
If that isn't used as his recovery then the developers must be brain dead.

dangeraaron10

Smash Master
I was at work today and I felt like drawing a Kremling Kritter, based off this little guy:

But maybe shortening his torso a bit and having his eyes sit farther back on his head. I imagined these kritters representing the Kremling Kutthroats, and an idea for a simple drawing turned into advertisements, to fully fledged comics, to a video game idea where K. Rool takes control over a hoard of little kritters like Olimar does with Pikmin. The mind can wander when you're bored. I'll see about coming through with that drawing though.

SuperNintendoKid

Smash Lord
I'm glad to hear that - they've stated in interviews that this sort of feedback gets passed to the team. (That was alongside the rather awesome snippet that they want to cover as much of what's in Smash as possible, but they don't hold the license for the Smash name itself, so it just wouldn't be under that branding.)
great now i want action figures of all the smash characters now.

Here is a DK song that gave me nightmares as a kid, it makes you feel like your actually in a tundra freezing to death (or me atleast)

Last edited:

StormC

Smash Hero
Northern Hemisphere is great. Scariest Donkey Kong song, though?

Straight from a horror game.

SuperNintendoKid

Smash Lord
Northern Hemisphere is great. Scariest Donkey Kong song, though?

Straight from a horror game.
oh right, THAT was the one that gave me nightmares.
Northern Hemisphere simply makes me feel cold.

I remember the song was playing in my nightmare
I even remember the dream
I was in a abandoned town but in good condition, with this huge 4 legged beast (like kaiju sized) with white fur going all the way down to its legs (like piloswine from pokemon) its had a very human face but more pig-like, with black beady eyes. This thing moved very slowly.
I was really only trying to get out of the town, but what scared me was the fact that this thing didn't do much, i was always expecting it to do something but it just walked around and stared at me.

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Guess who just beat Donkey Kong Country? :4dk::4diddy:

Desert Croc

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4757-0799-4282
I only just remember playing DKC when I was little. It was the GBA port so I didn't know if it was the same game. I never beat it though. The part I got stuck on was the mine cart level.
Now that I've revisited it, I've realized the whole game itself was just brutal.

SuperNintendoKid

Smash Lord
You know what I just noticed?

Samus is 6' 3"
DK standing up in smash bros is about 1 foot taller than Samus

Super Metroid Ridley is two Samus' high
K. Rool is two DK's high in DKC

Which makes King K. Rool bigger than Ridley.

Last edited:

StormC

Smash Hero

Samus is 6' 3"

That's not getting into DK64.

Thankfully, his normal proportions along with being portrayed at smaller sizes in several games should make this a non-issue.

Last edited:

SuperNintendoKid

Smash Lord
That's not getting into DK64.

Thankfully, his normal proportions along with being portrayed at smaller sizes in several games should make this a non-issue.
Actually, that'd be pretty cool if K. Rool was the biggest character in the game, standing 1 foot taller than Rosalina and Bowser

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
I'd settle for him being roughly the same height as Bowser. I don't want him to be obnoxiously large, just enough to fully display his girth.

Wii Twerk Trainer

Smash Ace
NNID
Wiifitgaypride69
Would be stupid of Sakutai to exclude anyone of their size. Bowser is shrunken down to baby bowser size in smash 4. Dunno why making king k room or heck even Ridley would be an issue.

StormC

Smash Hero
I'd settle for him being roughly the same height as Bowser. I don't want him to be obnoxiously large, just enough to fully display his girth.
Yeah, I don't want his head clipping through the platforms of Battlefield. He can be at Bowser height and still have a head on DK, which is all he needs.

If K. Rool gets added, do you guys expect people to still complain that he's "irrelevant" or will that mostly die down?

TallT

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, I don't want his head clipping through the platforms of Battlefield. He can be at Bowser height and still have a head on DK, which is all he needs.

If K. Rool gets added, do you guys expect people to still complain that he's "irrelevant" or will that mostly die down?
I don't think they will continue with the irrelevant complaints. Even if they persisted we shouldn't let that bother us. We got what we wanted and if they don't like it they can go eat a **** continue to vent their frustrations while we enjoy K. Rool.:chuckle:

Last edited:

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493

Like I think was said, I doubt they'll continue, because they were mostly doing it to rustle fan's jimmies before we had any concrete evidence of K. Rool being DLC. If he makes it, we'd just rub our irrelevance in their faces. That said, even if they did, I don't think we should give any ****s.

If he makes it as DLC, we got what we wanted, and I get to play as K. Rool forever!

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Eveline Fischer's work on DKC3 is sublime. A criminally underrated soundtrack.

This is true. DKC3's soundtrack is not 'epic' and dark in the sense DKC2's is, but it is just as catchy and fits the lighter atmosphere of the game well. If only it hadn't come out at such a late time.

:231:

ZenythSmash

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2552-4344-0495

Samus is 6' 3"

DK is pretty much technically bigger than Bowser if he was standing up straight.
and don't worry about Rool, in DKC2, 64, King of the Swing, and Super Sluggers he's pretty much taller than a crouched DK.
and Jungle Climber shows he's capable of changing sizes like Bowser. (based Crystal Coconut!)

Last edited:

Warlock*G

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
0146-9477-0226
DK is pretty much technically bigger than Bowser if he was standing up straight.
and don't worry about Rool, in DKC2, 64, King of the Swing, and Super Sluggers he's pretty much taller than a crouched DK.
and Jungle Climber shows he's capable of changing sizes like Bowser. (based Crystal Coconut!)
Size was always an excuse anyway. Basically, if Sakurai and co. want to put K. Rool in as a playable character, they will, no matter his size.

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
It's not really much of an article to be honest...
Sorry that was my fault. It's more than a paragraph. I meant to include a "read more" tag, but I put a "page break" instead. I'm really sorry!

3DS FC
0061-0163-0572
I believe Sakurai will look for the right successor to the series once he finally decides to retire. I'm pretty sure he wants anything but the roster to become like Mario Kart 8's roster.
Even if Sakurai was off the project, the successor would have to be a real tomato head to not have Sakurai as a highly praised consultant on the project.

IceBreakerXY

Universal Champion
Looks pretty good to me ;).
I like the wording you used a “levelled playing field" is the exact way i would describe this.K rool is by no mean a "lock" and people should by no means think that.Instead we should be looking for a way to boost his changes instead of doing nothing and hoping for an inclusion that has happened way to much this time around

Last edited by a moderator:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Running from the cops in Stardust Speedway.
I like the wording you used a “levelled playing field" is the exact way i would describe this.K rool is by no mean a "lock" and people should by no means think that.Instead we should be looking for a way to boost his changes instead of doing nothing and hoping for an inclusion that has happened way to much this time around
Agreed. Even I don't think K. Rool is a shoe-in. We must continue our support and campaign for the croc king to be in Smash, for we can't just stop now and think he will get in when there is a chance he may not (even with all the ballot votes he gets). So let us keep pushing for K. Rool to get in and show Sakurai and anyone else working in Smash how much we want him in.

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
I remember when people though K. Rool and Dixie were guaranteed during roster speculation

Top Bottom