• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

MandoBardanJusik

Smash Ace
I would hope that K.Rool would get his voice, at the least to contrast between him and DK. For better or worse I think part of the reason Bowser is beastial is to compare him to average joe Mario. K.Rool having a more elegant voice would contrast nicely to the more beast like DK

MandoBardanJusik

Smash Ace
You know, if we had more musically inclined guys(or could convince some) something that would be cool to do would be a K.Rool version/parody of this

Dustydog96

Smash Ace
So does anyone have any creative ideas in how we could further expand Kremling/K. Rool support in a big way?

Dustydog96

Smash Ace
Catchy song that is good and gets stuck in everyone's head? though that could backfire
I'm thinking more on the lines of how can we best get the idea to Nintendo / Sakurai DIRECTLY that WE WANT K. ROOL and the kremlings back. We're already all over social media. But if a lot of people compress together and take some action all at once we could get some serious results. Idk how / where / what we could do though. : P I'm just thinking about how Sakurai directly responded to the ridley riots. How did they manage to get him to do that?

SuperiorYoshi87

Smash Lord
NNID
AVENGERxTHOR
I'm thinking more on the lines of how can we best get the idea to Nintendo / Sakurai DIRECTLY that WE WANT K. ROOL and the kremlings back. We're already all over social media. But if a lot of people compress together and take some action all at once we could get some serious results. Idk how / where / what we could do though. : P I'm just thinking about how Sakurai directly responded to the ridley riots. How did they manage to get him to do that?
Well Sakurai often commented on Ridely because who ever was interviewing him would ask about him directly. If it wasn't for the direct question he most likely wouldn't have had reason to mention Ridley. I've never seen any interviewer even mention King K. Rool in a Q&A honestly at this point it would the best thing. If he's asked directly in an interview than he has to acknowledge the character, further more it would help in terms of exposure as any headlines for articles would read
" Sakurai comments on how King K. Rools chances look in Smash" or whatever.....

Unfortunate we don't know anyone interviewing him soon. The most we can hope for is random journalist asking because he's aware of the characters popularity.

MandoBardanJusik

Smash Ace
K.Rool Kon? But honestly, unless we get somebody with a press badge to ask, I don't really see a way for us to directly communicate

Dustydog96

Smash Ace
Well Sakurai often commented on Ridely because who ever was interviewing him would ask about him directly. If it wasn't for the direct question he most likely wouldn't have had reason to mention Ridley. I've never seen any interviewer even mention King K. Rool in a Q&A honestly at this point it would the best thing. If he's asked directly in an interview than he has to acknowledge the character, further more it would help in terms of exposure as any headlines for articles would read
" Sakurai comments on how King K. Rools chances look in Smash" or whatever.....

Unfortunate we don't know anyone interviewing him soon. The most we can hope for is random journalist asking because he's aware of the characters popularity.
I guess the ridley subject became something the smash community itself was twisted about. Especially because the Ridley question/problem had persisted since the cut-scene in melee. Just feels bad not being able to take some more action to get K. Rool in. I feel like someone could hound Nintendo / Sakurai's twitter all day and night but that wouldn't get very far. At least we there's this over 1,000,000 viewed smashboard thread to prove true.

SuperiorYoshi87

Smash Lord
NNID
AVENGERxTHOR
I guess the ridley subject became something the smash community itself was twisted about. Especially because the Ridley question/problem had persisted since the cut-scene in melee. Just feels bad not being able to take some more action to get K. Rool in. I feel like someone could hound Nintendo / Sakurai's twitter all day and night but that wouldn't get very far. At least we there's this over 1,000,000 viewed smashboard thread to prove true.
I mean it's clear he's popular anyone who's paying close attention to Smash at this point in time can see that, whether they hate him or love him K. Rool is clearly at the top right now. It seems there's a lot more negatively surrounding the Kroc King though than Ridley got.

Dustydog96

Smash Ace
I mean it's clear he's popular anyone who's paying close attention to Smash at this point in time can see that, whether they hate him or love him K. Rool is clearly at the top right now. It seems there's a lot more negatively surrounding the Kroc King though than Ridley got.
And I think that's mostly due to Everyone surrounding K. Rool's inclusion wants another character that's not K. Rool in. So that's obviously going to telegraph a lot of hate/****posting from the reddit crowd *cough cough little kids*. But haters gonna hate *inserts gif.* As said, whether you love him or hate him, he's a topic and force to be attended to.

Last edited:

Warlock*G

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
0146-9477-0226
I've said it before, it's remarkable how much we've achieved with simple effort. We've worked for what we've achieved from the ground up, with nothing external to give us a boost like new games or a revered leak.

Not everyone agrees, of course. This recent Reddit poll has a big comment passive-aggressively accusing K. Rool fans of only voting for the character because "they're supporting the team," and not because they want the character. Which is pretty dumb, but based on its upvotes, not an unpopular sentiment,
And among the replies to that big comment:
breakmanblues said:
Even as a DKC fan, I'd still prefer that Rayman or Shantae fill in Smash's lack of hair-based moves

Last edited:

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
But haters gonna hate *inserts gif.*

And hate, they will. I think K. Rool hate could only ever possibly reach Ridley levels if he didn't become DLC and Sakurai gave the same sort of half-arsed justification..."K. Rool would be impossible! I know many people want him, but we'd have to either shrink his big belly, decrease some of his weapons, or make his helicopter pack unable to fly freely, which would DESTROY the perfection of Smash's balance." If God, aka Sakurai, were to give such an answer, it'd create a big schism in K. Rool support (because at least with one new game, the "relevance" **** goes bye-bye). But because the gaming media largely dislikes DKC and K. Rool haters, for all their faults, have less overtly stupid arguments than "too big," that's not likely to come up.

As of now, the hate is mostly transparent desperation from people at having their favorites' lunch eaten by an older character less conventionally 'bad***' than theirs. It's kind of a reverse Woody and Buzz situation from Toy Story, where the new guys are jealous that all their flashy new games and indie kickstarters aren't making a big dent against an older gentleman with years of sentimental value keeping him relevant. They don't understand or share that value, so they resort to the rationales seen on Reddit and in the NintenZone thread, where the support is a fad or overblown by "loud minorities." Because how else could more people be sold on that blasted Woody than -our- beloved Buzzes?

Bottom line is, what we've achieved thus far can't be erased. Retro and its CEO have seen our social media momentum first hand, and even passively approved it with their follows. The thousands of votes Nintendo has received in the Smash Ballot can't be erased, regardless of whether or not they're acted upon. We've made it through the hard part of the marathon, now it's just a matter of finishing strong these last few miles.

Last edited:

Talpr1

Smash Journeyman
I still haven't cast my vote because I'm a lazy **** :dkmelee:. Don't worry, I'll make sure to do it before the Smash Ballot ends :4falcon:.

DJ3DS

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0602-6256-9118
Regarding K Rool in the poll, one thing I do wonder is what proportion of K Rool's vote is from people who would vote for him as their favourite character.

I should perhaps clarify this. I don't for a second think the demand for him isn't actually there. It clearly is and is what got the K Rool hype train started on its merry way. However, I imagine there will be a group of people for whom K Rool was not their first choice, but rather their first choice out of the ballot front runners, and I wonder how much impact this group will have in the long run.

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
K. Rool moveset concept: http://imgur.com/a/1QmRM [NOT MINE, made by NickoRaptor on Reddit] found on r/smashbros. I think this is the same guy who did that awesome Excitebike concept a while back.
The Blastomatic is a cool Final Smash idea.

hmmmm, Excitebiker you say *cough cough I own the thread for him shameless plug*

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
@Moon Monkey i love your for salt youtube vids i just happened to come across them and i watched the whole series in ine go lmaooooo plz.make more i am a instant fan.
I love the tiny kong music lool u so G'd up

I love how that guy called you a tier ***** when he chose Ness that match lmao.

I must admit though Yoshi is hella dirty...

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
Regarding K Rool in the poll, one thing I do wonder is what proportion of K Rool's vote is from people who would vote for him as their favourite character.

I should perhaps clarify this. I don't for a second think the demand for him isn't actually there. It clearly is and is what got the K Rool hype train started on its merry way. However, I imagine there will be a group of people for whom K Rool was not their first choice, but rather their first choice out of the ballot front runners, and I wonder how much impact this group will have in the long run.
King K. Rool is my favourite villain, if that counts for anything. (My favourite character overall was already in Smash 3DS/Wii U to begin with.)

I'm not entirely sure that you mean folks like me who voted as soon as the ballot opened, though. :laugh:

DJ3DS

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0602-6256-9118
King K. Rool is my favourite villain, if that counts for anything. (My favourite character overall was already in Smash 3DS/Wii U to begin with.)

I'm not entirely sure that you mean folks like me who voted as soon as the ballot opened, though. :laugh:
Nah, I'm likely not talking about the majority of regulars on this thread. An example of the sort of people I'm thinking of are the DK fans who might have voted another DK character as their first choice, but decided to throw their weight behind King K Rool when it looked like he had the most momentum and was their best shot of getting a character they liked in.

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
It seems pointless to keep voting but are you guys still voting? Even though everyone here already has?
King K. Rool was the second character I voted for after Roy. Once I get back from the lectures today, I'll be sending my final vote for good - the Inklings. After that, that'll be it for the votes I submit personally.

Babycowland

Smash Journeyman

For whatever it's worth, I did take into account how likely it was that a character was going to added when I cast my votes for K. Rool and Dixie. But I guess I'm sort of a special case since I don't really have a most wanted newcomer anymore (though I think Tails would be cool, if unlikely) and have more than enough characters to play as already.

I've been following the K. Rool thread for a while now and figured it was worth voting for him despite not having the same kind of connection to the guy that some people here have because him being in Smash would make a lot of people happy and give an underrepresented series more representation. I think he's a genuinely interesting character too, though I'll admit my knowledge of K. Rool was pretty limited before I started reading this thread.

Last edited:

SuperiorYoshi87

Smash Lord
NNID
AVENGERxTHOR
It seems pointless to keep voting but are you guys still voting? Even though everyone here already has?
I've been campaigning votes to friends over constantly voting myself. So in a way I'm still voting but technically I'm not lol

Funny thing is my friends who had no interest in him before are now hoping he gets in because they see his potential plus after revisiting the DK series games they're loving his character. Proof in my eyes that people who hate K. Rool have never bothered to really play DKC. Anyone who says they have played DKC and still dislike K. Rool are full of it.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
I'm at a summer job where I'm working alongside lots of different co-workers each day, and if I think I can, I'll persuade them to put in votes on their phones. So far, my success rate has been near perfect, with the one miss happening because one guy's phone wouldn't load the "Confirm your vote" portion of the site. This is in addition to the usual group of cousins, aunts, uncles and grandparents whose houses I visit.

It's definitely valid to say that some of the K. Rool votes are coming from people who don't have him as their absolute favorite character, but who want him because they deem his potential moveset better than their first choice. In yesterday's Reddit thread, I also saw a guy who said K. Rool was his second choice behind Sora, but he saw the writing on the wall and voted for the character with a chance. There are probably a handful out there like that as well.

Last edited:

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Full disclosure: I did not vote for K. Rool.

I can assure you, though, my vote was used on someone truly wonderful.

PKFreeze89

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Scizor711
3DS FC
4742-5952-7792
My wallet is ready to spend 7 bucks on K. Rool + Gangplank Galleon stage

DJDave189

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DJDave157
So if King K. Rool does end up becoming DLC. How rare do you think his amiibo will be? Also how fast will his amiibo get sold out?

I'd say his amiibo would be sold out pretty fast and will defiantly be one of those rare amiibo.

PKFreeze89

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Scizor711
3DS FC
4742-5952-7792
So if King K. Rool does end up becoming DLC. How rare do you think his amiibo will be? Also how fast will his amiibo get sold out?

I'd say his amiibo would be sold out pretty fast and will defiantly be one of those rare amiibo.
I just hope Lucas, Isaac and Wolf aren't rare, I'm not planning on getting K. Rool's amiibo but it will probably be rare

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493

If I have to, I'll sell my soul to scalpers for K. Rool's amiibo. This is one amiibo I'd truly need. Prepared to do that for Ryu's as well, but only if I absolutely cannot find one.

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
Not wasting countless hours on a 10 man community
It's really hilarious how we're entirely getting hate for being in the #1 position right now, as the "heavyweight male antagonist" for others to surpass to get in. K. Rool's Smash campaign has always been an underdog story, and as soon as things go his way he gets further obstacles thrown his way to overcome. That said, K. Rool's not just some butt monkey, he's done his best to power through these obstacles. To get into this Smash Bros game with no villains, he's become what he's hated most - a protagonist.

BowserK.Rool

Smash Champion
It's really hilarious how we're entirely getting hate for being in the #1 position right now, as the "heavyweight male antagonist" for others to surpass to get in. K. Rool's Smash campaign has always been an underdog story, and as soon as things go his way he gets further obstacles thrown his way to overcome. That said, K. Rool's not just some butt monkey, he's done his best to power through these obstacles. To get into this Smash Bros game with no villains, he's become what he's hated most - a protagonist.
I find it kind of ironic really how K. Rool seems to be doing his job if he's getting hate from so many, being how he is a villain afterall. Yet, Bowser and Ganondorf are revered by many.

Top Bottom