• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
I will always be among the camp that felt they didn't pull a stunt with Ridley. From the April direct it was obvious to anyone except his most hardcore supporters that he was going to be a stage boss.

For what it's worth I feel the Greninja trailer didn't suggest Mewtwo in any way either.
Hahaha i thought you was serious for a minute there bro.

SuperNintendoKid

Smash Lord
Ask and ye shall receive.

So he's finally here, performing for you
If you know the words, you can join in too
Put your jaws together, if you want to chomp
As we take you through this Kremling romp
Huh!!

K. Rool! King K. Rool!

He's the leader of the krew, he's the king too
He's finally back to run 'em through
His blunderbuss can fire in spurts
If he shoots ya, it's gonna hurt
He's bigger, faster, and stronger too
He's the first member of the Kremling Krew
Huh!

K. Rool! King K. Rool!
K. Rool! King K. Rool is here!

This kroc's got style, so listen up dudes
He can change his clothes, to suit his mood
He's quick and nimble when he needs to be
He can throw his crown and use 'tricity
If you choose him, you'll never not smile
With a skip and a hop, he's one cool 'dile
Huh!

K. Rool! King K. Rool!

He has no mercy, he's no nice guy
This kroc has a crazy eye
He can disappear when he needs to
And drop cannonballs, just for you
Thowing his gloves at those baboons
This crazy kroc just digs this tune
Huh!

K. Rool! King K. Rool!
K. Rool! King K. Rool!

He's (hopefully) back again and about time too
And this time he's in the mood
He can fly high with his copter pack
With his boxing skills he'll beat that Mac
He'll make you smile when his tune plays
But Kongs beware 'cause it's the end of your days
Huh!

K. Rool! King K. Rool!
Huh!

Finally, it's the last verse
Let's hope this song doesn't get worse
This kroc's so strong, it isn't funny
Can make a Kong cry out for mummy
Can smack a homerun with relative ease
Beating Kongs is such a breeze
He don't move slow, he can jump high
So this kroc's one hell of a guy
Huh!

C'mon Klump, take it to the swamp!

Klaptraps, Kritters, Krash and Krusha
Kannon, Kobble, Klank and Kruncha
Ahh yeah!!

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
They said his amiibo will be used in another nintendo title. So diddy / DONKEY kong racing could totally be a thing.
I thought that they simply said that it would be compatible with any titles that can use the DK Amiibo, as is the case with all Amiibos*? Did I miss something? :confused:

*Such as how you can use the Super Mario series and Yoshi's Woolly World series ones with Smash instead of the games they're themed after, as long as those characters are in the game.

Last edited:

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
I will always be among the camp that felt they didn't pull a stunt with Ridley. From the April direct it was obvious to anyone except his most hardcore supporters that he was going to be a stage boss.
My only problem with the whole situation was that he didn't clarify Ridley's actual role until half a year later, with every other character he always clarified exactly what they were so no one was in doubt, even sometimes taking it to Twitter. They definitely handled the entire thing very poorly, especially since they knew just how high in demand he was, in hindsight it was an obvious tease but it's not otherworldly to suggest he left it hanging on purpose in order to keep interest up.

Dustydog96

Smash Ace
Well this is the new situation: Ridley ? No? K. Rool? ______ <------Time will depict this event.

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
One thing we haven't talked about yet in light of us getting our first DLC stages...what music would a potential K. Rool stage have? Keeping in mind the track lists for Suzaku Castle and Dream Land 64 (in terms of quantity and remix-port ratio) and assuming the stage is Gangplank Galleon, my guesses would be:

--Gangplank Galleon Remix
--Crocodile Cacophony Remix
--Gangplank Galleon port
--Lockjaw's Saga port
--Big Top Bop port
--Homecoming Hijinx port
My Gangplank Galleon playlist would probably consist of:
King K. Rool/Ship Deck 2 (Brawl Remix)
Crocodile Cacophony (New Remix)
Big Top Bop definitely (Port)
VS. Frederick (Port)
Mad Jack (Remix)
and maybe a medley of King K.Rool's themes.

Jetmann

Smash Apprentice
I would absolutely love Aquaduct Assault playing on a Gangplank Galleon stage, especially if they could have thunderstorms brewing in the background. Maybe have snowstorms too as a reference to Tropical Freeze?

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
I thought that they simply said that it would be compatible with any titles that can use the DK Amiibo, as is the case with all Amiibos*? Did I miss something? :confused:

*Such as how you can use the Super Mario series and Yoshi's Woolly World series ones with Smash instead of the games they're themed after, as long as those characters are in the game.
It might be mario maker lol like you can use WFT trainer amuibo in there....

PS: if K.Rool gets added i doubt they will ad his stage even though they should

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
My Gangplank Galleon playlist would probably consist of:
King K. Rool/Ship Deck 2 (Brawl Remix)
Crocodile Cacophony (New Remix)
Big Top Bop definitely (Port)
VS. Frederick (Port)
Mad Jack (Remix)
and maybe a medley of King K.Rool's themes.
I don't think they'll use the King K. Rool/Ship Deck 2 remix because its already on 75m. They changed the name to "Gangplank Galleon" but its still the same song. Another thing that the existing DLC stages do is indicate that they won't reuse the same songs for multiple stages even as DLC.

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
What about songs form DK64? Like the K.Rool Boss theme?

And now that I've gone to look up DK64 songs, I'm really wanting the Rool in...that was my first intro to Nintendo was the green DK N64 console version. Still have it too, and it still works.

I don't think they'll use the King K. Rool/Ship Deck 2 remix because its already on 75m. They changed the name to "Gangplank Galleon" but its still the same song. Another thing that the existing DLC stages do is indicate that they won't reuse the same songs for multiple stages even as DLC.
I'd be interested to see what happens as time gets closer - they're bringing back Hyrule Castle, which was based on Ocarina's castle. The OoT medley is currently on Bridge of Eldin since it's a beautiful piece of music, but it would fit much better on the stage which is based on the same game...I'd be interested to see if they end up moving/copying some songs.

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
So guys, a month ago, I had to write a letter to a company for a school project, and of course, I picked Nintendo. Today, I finally got a response and it was the basic, oh, we like kids and education, here's stuff that we do and some of our history (its outdated since it doesn't show the Wii U and the picture of the SNES is a Super Famicom. Then they have this little section for their "Platinum Characters" (characters that have appeared in games that have sold more than 1 million). Of course they have the usual Mario, DK, Link and Zelda, Pikachu, Fox, Samus, Kirby, Yoshi, Wario but then they have Diddy Kong and Dixie Kong. I found this a little strange since both got their own little sections when Link and Zelda shared one. I found this quite strange, what do you guys think about it?

Thelimomon

Smash Journeyman
So guys, a month ago, I had to write a letter to a company for a school project, and of course, I picked Nintendo. Today, I finally got a response and it was the basic, oh, we like kids and education, here's stuff that we do and some of our history (its outdated since it doesn't show the Wii U and the picture of the SNES is a Super Famicom. Then they have this little section for their "Platinum Characters" (characters that have appeared in games that have sold more than 1 million). Of course they have the usual Mario, DK, Link and Zelda, Pikachu, Fox, Samus, Kirby, Yoshi, Wario but then they have Diddy Kong and Dixie Kong. I found this a little strange since both got their own little sections when Link and Zelda shared one. I found this quite strange, what do you guys think about it?
It's probably because you play as Diddy in DKC2 and as Dixie in DKC3, but you always play as Link in the Zelda games.

BowserK.Rool

Smash Champion
Just wanted to say, I think you mean Kongo Jungle 64 lol.

SleuthMechanism

Smash Ace
NNID
SleuthMechanism
3DS FC
4184-2631-5815
Switch FC
SW-7949-7248-8280
So i've been trying to actually complete dk64 for the first time(have actually had the game for years) and i'm sorry but good god does it get to be a slog through the second half of the game(though creepy castle in general and king kutout's hilarious boss battle were nice refreshers from the mindnumbing tedium well that is untill it decided to bombard me wuth beaver bother minigames in that level.. x.X) honestly the only thing keeping me going on this pursuit is that King Krusha K.rool will be waiting for me at the end of this. Also, some of the songs on dreamland miiverse do show that just because a song is already in use on another stage does not rule it out as a possible choice on dlc stages.

Last edited:

Dustydog96

Smash Ace
There's too many songs that could work well on a K. Rool stage / announcement. >.< Just give me k. rool and a stage and I'll be happy. He could be totally silent too, just give me the trophy minus the trophy stand with disjointed limbs just wobbling around on stage. :joyful:

Dustydog96

Smash Ace
So i've been trying to actually complete dk64 for the first time(have actually had the game for years) and i'm sorry but good god does it get to be a slog through the second half of the game(though creepy castle in general and king kutout's hilarious boss battle were nice refreshers from the mindnumbing tedium well that is untill it decided to bombard me wuth beaver bother minigames in that level.. x.X) honestly the only thing keeping me going on this pursuit is that King Krusha K.rool will be waiting for me at the end of this. Also, some of the songs on dreamland miiverse do show that just because a song is already in use on another stage does not rule it out as a possible choice on dlc stages.
I 101 percent'd it after it released on vc, was my first time playing the game through too and yeah it gets REALLY mushy. But I still loved it. The experience and sounds of the game and environment made it for me.

jazzyjay

Smash Rookie
Hi. Long time lurker here. Wanted to be added to the supporter list! The King is my most wanted newcomer. Anything to bring more attention to the DK series. One of my most fondest memories of my childhood! Shame Dk got over looked in smash 4 but everyone here is doing an excellent job trying to turn that around!

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Just a quick update, it seems as though the OP has once again grown too big to edit without prompting an error message. I'll have to find some way to shorten it down before I can add more people to the official list, but rest assured, you all are indeed ONE OF US.

Bananija

Count of Trickery
Hi. Long time lurker here. Wanted to be added to the supporter list! The King is my most wanted newcomer. Anything to bring more attention to the DK series. One of my most fondest memories of my childhood! Shame Dk got over looked in smash 4 but everyone here is doing an excellent job trying to turn that around!
Since that you're a long time lurker, I assume you know what this magnificient melody means.

Desert Croc

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4757-0799-4282
Do you guys recommend DKC 64 for me? I want to go through a couple of Nintendo classics and I'm looking for some good N64 titles.

Hippopotasauce

Smash Lord
NNID
Hippopotasauce
Do you guys recommend DKC 64 for me? I want to go through a couple of Nintendo classics and I'm looking for some good N64 titles.
It's hard to recommend. It's not really platforming heavy, and there's a larger focus on backtracking and minigames. If you're interested in that then go for it.
I always thought that if you separated and exaggerated Banjo-Kazooie's aspects of collecting and exploration, you'd end up with DK64 and Banjo-Tooie respectively.

Last edited:

Dustydog96

Smash Ace
Well if you just want a nice casual play-through then I'd definately reccomend dk64. Backtracking is just something you'll have to get used to to enjoy the game. So if you have good patience and can just enjoy the game as you play it, then you'll enjoy dk64. But if you're more I like to move quick through every area with no fluff then it might not be for you. Either way the music and cut scenes make the game.

G-Guy

Smash Ace
NNID
G-Guy1990
I loved the game back then and I still do have very fond memories of it, but playing it recently showed to me that it hasn't aged well, especially the camera controlls.

It's still fun and full of personality, although there are better N64 games to look out for, like Mario 64 (VC), Majoras Mask, Banjo Kazooie & Tooie and Paper Mario (VC).

SuperNintendoKid

Smash Lord
Quick K.Rool opinion question thingy

What do you think his idle stance should be.
I ask this because we have really only seen him stand still in his original costume in the first DKC, but that one seems too stiff.

Although I do know one animation he should have when standing still: he looks at the screen with his mouth wide open for one second.

SmashShadow

Smash Champion
3DS FC
0104-0598-9588

I ask this because we have really only seen him stand still in his original costume in the first DKC, but that one seems too stiff.

Although I do know one animation he should have when standing still: he looks at the screen with his mouth wide open for one second.
He should pull his cape over his shoulder and then throw it back in dramatic fashion. :awesome:

Last edited:
NNID
AwesomeCauliflwr
3DS FC
0576-6167-0092

I'd like him to have the DKC1 Idle stance and maybe a little more animated. I think he should have random twitches in his idle stance sometimes as well to show more of his crazy side.

Jetmann

Smash Apprentice

I think that his idle stance from his DK64 boss fight could work, with him looking around less and having more eye/head twitches. I think it'd be cool for him to do air jabs like in DK64 too.
And if his primary choice of combat ends up being the blunderbuss, I'd like an animation that has him hold it level to his eyes and take aim with it with one eye closed.

Warlock*G

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
0146-9477-0226
Just a quick update, it seems as though the OP has once again grown too big to edit without prompting an error message. I'll have to find some way to shorten it down before I can add more people to the official list, but rest assured, you all are indeed ONE OF US.
It's all right, I have been off the list forever despite being a supporter and I don't care.

(How about having a link at the end of the OP which points to another post containing additional content?)

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I think its a pretty decent game, I loved playing through it. Just don't expect DKC in 3D. Its not a DKC game.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Use the wrench icon at the extreme right to use the Plain Text Editor. It might be headache inducing to go through lines of code, but that's the only way to post past the limit.

Or you could gobble up some of the first few posts in true K. Rool fashion. The ones to posted them won't mind, I hope.

:231:

King*Krool

Smash Apprentice
I really hope they keep his original Gold Plated body rather than whatever he has currently.

The gold plate added a lot to his character who enjoyed the luxury of being a king.

CroonerMike

Smash Lord
I can't wait till King K. Rool becomes DLC. When I play online and I see a King K. Rool users, I'll think it's one of you.

StormC

Smash Hero
Also, the OP says it's been updated through June even though the last update was May.

Top Bottom