• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

StormC

Smash Hero
Is it bad that I kinda hope he isn't called King K. Rool? I mean that's probably what it'll be but I fear he would be perceived as a Dedede knockoff and just K. Rool would be more neutral regarding all his personas.

Though King K. Rool probably sounds cooler coming from the announcer.

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Is it bad that I kinda hope he isn't called King K. Rool? I mean that's probably what it'll be but I fear he would be perceived as a Dedede knockoff and just K. Rool would be more neutral regarding all his personas.

Either way works for me. I'd be fine with just K. Rool, though, as it'd allow his extra personas to appear as costumes with little trouble.

3DS FC
0061-0163-0572
My bad.

OH CRAP, I totally forgot a song that NEEDS to be in a hypothetical K. Rool stage.

YES!! So much this. We have Gangplank, now if we just got his airship boss theme from DKC2, and Fear Factory, I couldn't care less what other music he got. Although his DKC3 boss theme wouldn't be too bad either.

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
YES!! So much this. We have Gangplank, now if we just got his airship boss theme from DKC2, and Fear Factory, I couldn't care less what other music he got. Although his DKC3 boss theme wouldn't be too bad either.
The airship boss theme is "Crocodile Cacophany." And the airship itself is "The Flying Kroc."

SuperNintendoKid

Smash Lord

I would not mind it, a lot of characters have the same traits in their names and are pretty different

Are Mega Man and Pac-Man the same just beause the have man at the end?
Are :4feroy: and :4roy: the same because they have the exact same name?

I think not.

Last edited:

Hippopotasauce

Smash Lord
NNID
Hippopotasauce

They could always just change the title for each of the costumes. It's only 2 or 3 extra recordings they'd have to do.

GaroMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesley
3DS FC
2895-7114-8104
You know what's sad?
The fact that you guys have been fighting for your King for THREE YEARS, yet Sakurai still ignores your pleas.
I commend you guys for having your heads up high despite that, however. It's just a shame Sakurai hasn't realized how much potential K. Rool has to be a fighter.
Hopefully, the Smash Ballot will change his mind. He's GOT to add K. Rool. A TON of people want him in and with his games being on Virtual Console, now seems like a great time for his grand entrance.
By the way, I'd love to become a supporter.

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
You know what's sad?
The fact that you guys have been fighting for your King for THREE YEARS, yet Sakurai still ignores your pleas.
I commend you guys for having your heads up high despite that, however. It's just a shame Sakurai hasn't realized how much potential K. Rool has to be a fighter.
Hopefully, the Smash Ballot will change his mind. He's GOT to add K. Rool. A TON of people want him in and with his games being on Virtual Console, now seems like a great time for his grand entrance.
By the way, I'd love to become a supporter.
Well, for some its been longer than three *cough cough Ridley*.

GaroMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesley
3DS FC
2895-7114-8104
Well, for some its been longer than three *cough cough Ridley*.
Unlike Ridley, however, there is literally no good reason why K. Rool hasn't been added yet.
He's a unique villain from a popular franchise that is severely lacking in representation. You know it's a problem when even Kid Icarus has more characters than DK.
He also happens to be one of the last TRUE Nintendo all stars that have yet to make an appearance in Smash. Size is definitely not an issue, which prevented Ridley from being playable.
I'm just saying, Sakurai has said absolutely NOTHING regarding K. Rool, which is something that can't be said for Ridley. I would be pretty salty if Dixie got in, but K. Rool didn't.
Not that I hate Dixie. Far from it. It's just that K. Rool is more deserving to make an appearance.

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
Unlike Ridley, however, there is literally no good reason why K. Rool hasn't been added yet.
He's a unique villain from a popular franchise that is severely lacking in representation.
He also happens to be one of the last TRUE Nintendo all stars that have yet to make an appearance in Smash. Size is definitely not an issue, which prevented Ridley from being playable.
Hey, the same reasons for why Ridley should be in...
btw there is something called downsizing or size adjustment. Ridley is literally one of the smallest bosses in the Metroid franchise which only has Samus and... Samus.

GaroMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesley
3DS FC
2895-7114-8104
btw there is something called downsizing or size adjustment. Ridley is literally one of the smallest bosses in the Metroid franchise which only has Samus and... Samus.
Being one of the smallest bosses in the Metroid franchise isn't exactly saying much.
We're getting off topic, however. Point is, the fact that K. Rool hasn't been in any Smash game yet boggles my mind.
Oh, Sakurai. Is it really too much for you to add King K. Rool?

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
Being one of the smallest bosses in the Metroid franchise isn't exactly saying much.
We're getting off topic, however. Point is, the fact that K. Rool hasn't been in any Smash game yet boggles my mind.
Oh, Sakurai. Is it really too much for you to add King K. Rool?
You could say that for Sakurai for any character that deserves it really.

GaroMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesley
3DS FC
2895-7114-8104
You could say that for Sakurai for any character that deserves it really.
Except this is King K. Rool we're talking about.
You know... the main villain of the Donkey Kong series, which is one of most popular Nintendo IPs ever?
I don't know about you, but I think it's pretty logical to add him in.

Bananija

Count of Trickery
Like Ridley there is literally no good reason why K. Rool hasn't been added yet.
They're unique villain from a popular franchise that is severely lacking in representation. You know it's a problem when even Kid Icarus has more characters than DK.
They also happens to be one of the last TRUE Nintendo all stars that have yet to make an appearance in Smash. Size is definitely not an issue.
I'm just saying, Sakurai has said absolutely NOTHING regarding K. Rool, which is something that shouldn't be said for Ridley. I would be pretty salty if Dixie got in, but K. Rool didn't.
Not that I hate Dixie. Far from it. It's just that K. Rool is more deserving to make an appearance.
Fix it for you;)
Also welcome aboard kutthroat!

Last edited:

toadster101

Banned via Warnings
NNID
toadster101
3DS FC
1891-1323-0892
Whether you agree with the reasoning or not is irrelevant. The fact of the matter is that Sakurai provided a reason for not adding Ridley to the roster. I don't agree with the reason, but it's there. However, he has yet to address King K. Rool, which can be interpreted as:

a) Sakurai is biased and doesn't care enough about K. Rool to acknowledge him
b) Sakurai's silence bodes well for the king because he hasn't been "deconfirmed"
c) K. Rool is on the way and Sakurai doesn't want to draw attention to him and spoil the surprise

Let's hope for a mixture of b and c.

GaroMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesley
3DS FC
2895-7114-8104
Fix it for you;)
Also welcome aboard kutthroat!
Ahhh... I see what you did there.
To each their own, I suppose.
Seriously, though, I really hope Rayman and K. Rool win the Smash Ballot.
Given how much support K. Rool has, however, I wouldn't be surprised if he won.

Zombie Saurian

Smash Journeyman
Rayman and K. Rool are my top picks, K. Rool is leagues more important to me though, but I do like Rayman a lot.

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
Except this is King K. Rool we're talking about.
You know... the main villain of the Donkey Kong series, which is one of most popular Nintendo IPs ever?
I don't know about you, but I think it's pretty logical to add him in.
It is logical to add him in dude he's my top pick (since Ridley most likely won't be playable :crying:)

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
I was doing a small research, seeing franchise per franchise through the Smash Bros. story, and counting which are the mainline games of those franchises that have some content in Smash; And bothered me immensely knowing that DKC3 doesn't have NOTHING aside a mention in a Trophy as "latest appearance" for Squitter in Brawl.. Can you believe it? .. I mean, it's more than obvious that you can point other franchises more neglected regarding to content in Smash Bros., but DK having this kind of treatment is ridiculous;.. I actually got shocked by the Winky Trophy in Smash4, .. they bothered to make a new model just for it? Considering how little effort is put to represent the DK series, it's really shocking..

Of course, I'm not being ungrateful by what we got until now.. Jungle Hijinxs is amazing, and I love it. And Smash Run with both Kremlings and Tikis was kind cool! -- but still.. I will always be annoyed by some inequality that exist in Smash;

Nat Perry

Smash Ace
Not too bothered by it but was never the biggest fan of the 3D DK games. Maybe because I'm a n00b and have only played like three of them.

I read somewhere on the interwebs that Nintendo no longer own the rights to Kiddie Kong. That's gotta be false, right? Because they released DKC3 on VC a little while ago...

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
They own the rights to Kiddy, they just care so little about him, he's unlikely to ever show his face in a game again...basically what could have happened to K. Rool had there not been backlash after Returns. Put it this way, Michael Kelbaugh had his employees play through DKC3 and DKL3 before developing their games, and even he and Tanabe couldn't remember Kiddy's name when pressed in an interview.

Warlock*G

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
0146-9477-0226
They own the rights to Kiddy, they just care so little about him, he's unlikely to ever show his face in a game again...basically what could have happened to K. Rool had there not been backlash after Returns. Put it this way, Michael Kelbaugh had his employees play through DKC3 and DKL3 before developing their games, and even he and Tanabe couldn't remember Kiddy's name when pressed in an interview.
Kiddy is merely the poor man's Chunky anyway.

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
If Donkey Kong Racing wasn't cancelled, Kiddy probably would be still around. (I'm not even counting the scenario without the Rare buyout,.. just the actual release of DK Racing)... well, at least we would have a Trophy for him in Smash.

MandoBardanJusik

Smash Ace
Heh, personally my favorite Kong is Chunky, not sure why, just think he's a kinda fun guy(been considering doing a custom model, but me and consistent modeling have an... interesting relationship)

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
There's a Kiddy trophy in Smash? You mean the one in Melee right?
No, he doesn't have anything in Smash; as I was saying, DKC3 doesn't have any content in Smash at all; --In a hypothetical scenario, though, if Donkey Kong Racing (a GameCube game) wasn't cancelled, Kiddy (which was set to appear in that game) would probably have a Trophy in Smash,.. being Melee, Brawl or Smash4 rehashing his 3D model. --but wasn't the case;
well, sadly for Kiddy fans.. Not me. :p... but I do got bothered by the lack of any kind of content from DKC3.

Nat Perry

Smash Ace
No, he doesn't have anything in Smash; as I was saying, DKC3 doesn't have any content in Smash at all; --In a hypothetical scenario, though, if Donkey Kong Racing (a GameCube game) wasn't cancelled, Kiddy (which was set to appear in that game) would probably have a Trophy in Smash,.. being Melee, Brawl or Smash4 rehashing his 3D model. --but wasn't the case;
well, sadly for Kiddy fans.. Not me. :p... but I do got bothered by the lack of any kind of content from DKC3.
Gotcha! I get what you're getting at. Haha. I missed the "would" in the last sentence of your post, hence my misunderstanding.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Hahahaha. Wow. Thats kinda funny.

There was backlash after DKCR? Regarding the absence of K. Rool?
Sort of, you had a lot of backlash about the lack of Kremlings, but also just that the Tikis were soulless, basically Hawaiian Goombas in most senses. It didn't help that you had people like Tanabe talking in interviews about how "Does K. Rool really need to come back?" or "There are no crocodiles in this game *laughs*." Talk about salt in the wound.

Funny, we were stuck refuting "K. Rool is dead" back three years ago, when this thread opened up and he had only missed Returns, and yet now, in spite of his back-to-back absences, "relevance" is all but openly mocked thanks to the ballot. Who could have seen that coming?

StormC

Smash Hero
I was doing a small research, seeing franchise per franchise through the Smash Bros. story, and counting which are the mainline games of those franchises that have some content in Smash; And bothered me immensely knowing that DKC3 doesn't have NOTHING aside a mention in a Trophy as "latest appearance" for Squitter in Brawl.. Can you believe it? .. I mean, it's more than obvious that you can point other franchises more neglected regarding to content in Smash Bros., but DK having this kind of treatment is ridiculous;.. I actually got shocked by the Winky Trophy in Smash4, .. they bothered to make a new model just for it? Considering how little effort is put to represent the DK series, it's really shocking..

Of course, I'm not being ungrateful by what we got until now.. Jungle Hijinxs is amazing, and I love it. And Smash Run with both Kremlings and Tikis was kind cool! -- but still.. I will always be annoyed by some inequality that exist in Smash;
Yeah, the lack of any DKC3 content whatsoever really bothers me. (Plus, his latest appearance was actually Land 3.)

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
They could put a pair of eyes and a mouth in a barrel model, name that Belcha and call that a day; I'd be satisfied...
eh.. I never cared too much about Baron K. Roolenstein fight in DKC3 (was one of the weakest K. Rool battles imo), but now I hope that something consistent from this interaction appears on his moveset somehow;.. or, as the ideal deal, the scientist coat as an Alt. (along all the other K. Rool's personas)

Warlock*G

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
0146-9477-0226
Sort of, you had a lot of backlash about the lack of Kremlings, but also just that the Tikis were soulless, basically Hawaiian Goombas in most senses. It didn't help that you had people like Tanabe talking in interviews about how "Does K. Rool really need to come back?" or "There are no crocodiles in this game *laughs*." Talk about salt in the wound.

Funny, we were stuck refuting "K. Rool is dead" back three years ago, when this thread opened up and he had only missed Returns, and yet now, in spite of his back-to-back absences, "relevance" is all but openly mocked thanks to the ballot. Who could have seen that coming?

http://picosong.com/gJm5/

Thelimomon

Smash Journeyman
So, apparently, Splatoon is the second game on the Wii U hitting the 1-million-sales mark, without Mario or Link being in it.
The first one was Tropical Freeze.
Sakurai, please...

Last edited:
Top Bottom