• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

DeathFox137

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Tech137
If King K Rool comes to battle, I am sure that they will do something unique with him, just like what they did with Bowser Jr, Duck Hunt, and Villager for example.

Last edited:

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss

Thelimomon

Smash Journeyman
One thing we haven't talked about yet in light of us getting our first DLC stages...what music would a potential K. Rool stage have? Keeping in mind the track lists for Suzaku Castle and Dream Land 64 (in terms of quantity and remix-port ratio) and assuming the stage is Gangplank Galleon, my guesses would be:

--Gangplank Galleon Remix
--Crocodile Cacophony Remix
--Gangplank Galleon port
--Lockjaw's Saga port
--Big Top Bop port
--Homecoming Hijinx port
Amiss Abyss is the only song I want, other than that, I'm not sure what to choose, there are just too many good songs.

Also, I'm listening to a playlist right now of over thousand Nintendo songs (randomly sorted), so I stopped the list and clicked on the link to "Homecoming Hijinx" to check something, after that I started my playlist again and the next song that started playing was "Homecoming Hijinx" from Tropical Freeze...

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
One thing we haven't talked about yet in light of us getting our first DLC stages...what music would a potential K. Rool stage have? Keeping in mind the track lists for Suzaku Castle and Dream Land 64 (in terms of quantity and remix-port ratio) and assuming the stage is Gangplank Galleon, my guesses would be:

--Gangplank Galleon port
--Lockjaw's Saga port
--Big Top Bop port
--Homecoming Hijinx port
All definitely great choices! I'd wish for a Big Boss Boogie remix, but I know they don't even remember DKC3 exists.

SuperNintendoKid

Smash Lord

--Gangplank Galleon port
--Lockjaw's Saga port
--Big Top Bop port
--Homecoming Hijinx port
Gangplank Galleon should be heavy metal style.

Last edited:

Handy Man

Smash Ace
I'm thinking more on the lines of how can we best get the idea to Nintendo / Sakurai DIRECTLY that WE WANT K. ROOL and the kremlings back. We're already all over social media. But if a lot of people compress together and take some action all at once we could get some serious results. Idk how / where / what we could do though. : P I'm just thinking about how Sakurai directly responded to the ridley riots. How did they manage to get him to do that?
I meant to say this earlier, but I never got around to until now. I actually went to Nintendo World for a viewing party for the Nintendo Digital Event. Just before the presentation begun, they asked a few of the 100 people there who were there to find out what they wanted to see out of the Direct. Names like Star Fox, Metroid, and F-Zero popped up, and then I was one of the last people called on before it began.

This was my chance. I wasn't talking to the developers of the Smash DLC or anything, but I knew this was a great outlet for talking to people somewhat involved with Nintendo who enjoy hearing what their fans to say.

I shouted "KING K ROOL FOR SUPER SMASH BROS!!"

It's interesting, because everyone else mentioned a game series instead of a specific DLC character for Smash. No one else thought to mention someone like Wolf, but there I was, practically saying I wanted King K. Rool in Smash as much as I wanted a brand new game. I don't know how the Nintendo World staff felt about it, but it's kind of incredible that I was able to spread a mesdage like that.

I knew it was a shot in the dark to hear more about Smash in the Digital Event after the Sunday broadcast two days before, but the Nintendo World people knew what the contents of the Digital Event were before it began apparently, as they said we would all enjoy it after they heard out the fans. I know that some of the people who work there do personally know people like Reggie, so it's not out of the question that any of those suggestions could potentially happen someday.

I may be blowing this out of proportion and it probably doesn't affect what the DLC developers are planning out right as I speak, but my point is that I wanted a $5 character for Smash just as much as I wanted Star Fox Zero, if not more so. I think that's incredible that I managed to spread that thought when I did. Even if it doesn't matter, it's better to say something to Nintendo reps than nothing at all.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392

--Gangplank Galleon port
--Lockjaw's Saga port
--Big Top Bop port
--Homecoming Hijinx port
No. DK64 K.Rool theme.

Bkupa am disappoint.

BowserK.Rool

Smash Champion

--Gangplank Galleon port
--Lockjaw's Saga port
--Big Top Bop port
--Homecoming Hijinx port
The only 2 songs I really want on there are jib jig aka mainbrace mayhem and snakey chantey. Other than that though, I'd be completely ok with that list.

No. DK64 K.Rool theme.

Bkupa am disappoint.
I think that'd go better with the boxing ring stage but we all know what happened with that one.

Last edited by a moderator:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Here's another eccentric piece of fan-art from me. I present before you... KOOK K. ROOL

:231:

Last edited:
NNID
Ridleylash
3DS FC
1736-1657-3905
You know what'd suck? If they teased K.Rool but revealed someone else (or, Heaven forbid, pull another Ridley stunt where they hype us for K.Rool as a fighter and then go "lol he's a stage hazard", then go on to reveal the ballot fighter as Goku or something).

Unlikely, but considering the stunt they had with Ridley, it's definitely not unfathomable.

Last edited:

DJ3DS

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0602-6256-9118
You know what'd suck? If they teased K.Rool but revealed someone else (or, Heaven forbid, pull another Ridley stunt where they hype us for K.Rool as a fighter and then go "lol he's a stage hazard", then go on to reveal the ballot fighter as Goku or something).

Unlikely, but considering the stunt they had with Ridley, it's definitely not unfathomable.
I will always be among the camp that felt they didn't pull a stunt with Ridley. From the April direct it was obvious to anyone except his most hardcore supporters that he was going to be a stage boss.

For what it's worth I feel the Greninja trailer didn't suggest Mewtwo in any way either.

NNID
Ridleylash
3DS FC
1736-1657-3905
I will always be among the camp that felt they didn't pull a stunt with Ridley. From the April direct it was obvious to anyone except his most hardcore supporters that he was going to be a stage boss.

For what it's worth I feel the Greninja trailer didn't suggest Mewtwo in any way either.
On Ridley, it's more about the timing of it; this had been just after Sakurai had pulled the Zero Suit stunt, so we all were thinking this may be something similar; a stunt to build hype. What we weren't expecting was a half-finished stage pinata to be Ridley's representation this time. :p Seriously, for someone who claims to be "trying to keep characters as close to accurate as he can", Sakurai's done something of a poor job this time; Zero Suit Samus shouldn't be miles ahead of her suited self when in the actual games, the Zero Suit is infinitely weaker than normal Samus (and the Zero Suit doesn't have frikkin' rocket heels, last I checked!). Ridley shouldn't be a flying pinata, since it's already established in the main series' canon that Ridley is a sociopathic space dragon with Nazi ideals. Same principle, different uses.

On Greninja, that had to have been deliberate; the way they built up his reveal was so ambiguious that they had to be trolling for Mewtwo hype. They even framed Water Shuriken to look like it could have been Swift (a move Mewtwo can learn)! I wasn't mad when the trick was revealed, but it was a really bold decision to be so deceptive with Greninja's reveal.

NNID
Ridleylash
3DS FC
1736-1657-3905
No, it was before Zero Suit Samus.
By about 11 minutes.
Ah, shows how much I remember about that Direct. :p

Still, the ZSS stunt was what made us think that this could be another building hype thing, so it's natural for us to get hyped for it only for that hype to be shot down when the reveal is actually that he's a mediocre stage boss and not a fighter, especially after he'd pulled similar stunts later on that same Direct.

D

Deleted member

Ah, shows how much I remember about that Direct. :p

Still, the ZSS stunt was what made us think that this could be another building hype thing, so it's natural for us to get hyped for it only for that hype to be shot down when the reveal is actually that he's a mediocre stage boss and not a fighter, especially after he'd pulled similar stunts later on that same Direct.
Except
a) Zero Suit Samus was revealed instantly after the joke about her not showing up due to no transformations.
b) When Ridley's shadow was shown, it was during a segment about Yellow Devil being a boss with the description being about how other bosses will appear in the game aside from Yellow Devil.

While I've entertained the concept that it could have been a ruse, there was no doubt in my mind that Ridley's odds drastically plummeted that day.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
b) When Ridley's shadow was shown, it was during a segment about Yellow Devil being a boss with the description being about how other bosses will appear in the game aside from Yellow Devil.
This. While the possibility of being trolled is always there, this being Sakurai after all, but this was the most straightforward interpretation. If I wasn't an active speculator, I would have taken it as his disconfirmation, honestly.

:231:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman

--Gangplank Galleon port
--Lockjaw's Saga port
--Big Top Bop port
--Homecoming Hijinx port
Well, I don't think they'd remix GG again, and it does seem like they won't port tracks from an existing stage. So I think its unlikely to see the GG remix. Instead I'm thinking maybe just one remix; a King K. Rool Medley of all his boss themes (by David Wise), and a Crocodile Caocophany port.

Laniv

Smash Champion

--Gangplank Galleon port
--Lockjaw's Saga port
--Big Top Bop port
--Homecoming Hijinx port
Muncher Marathon or bust.

Sirfishe

Smash Ace
I meant to say this earlier, but I never got around to until now. I actually went to Nintendo World for a viewing party for the Nintendo Digital Event. Just before the presentation begun, they asked a few of the 100 people there who were there to find out what they wanted to see out of the Direct. Names like Star Fox, Metroid, and F-Zero popped up, and then I was one of the last people called on before it began.

This was my chance. I wasn't talking to the developers of the Smash DLC or anything, but I knew this was a great outlet for talking to people somewhat involved with Nintendo who enjoy hearing what their fans to say.

I shouted "KING K ROOL FOR SUPER SMASH BROS!!"

It's interesting, because everyone else mentioned a game series instead of a specific DLC character for Smash. No one else thought to mention someone like Wolf, but there I was, practically saying I wanted King K. Rool in Smash as much as I wanted a brand new game. I don't know how the Nintendo World staff felt about it, but it's kind of incredible that I was able to spread a mesdage like that.

I knew it was a shot in the dark to hear more about Smash in the Digital Event after the Sunday broadcast two days before, but the Nintendo World people knew what the contents of the Digital Event were before it began apparently, as they said we would all enjoy it after they heard out the fans. I know that some of the people who work there do personally know people like Reggie, so it's not out of the question that any of those suggestions could potentially happen someday.

I may be blowing this out of proportion and it probably doesn't affect what the DLC developers are planning out right as I speak, but my point is that I wanted a $5 character for Smash just as much as I wanted Star Fox Zero, if not more so. I think that's incredible that I managed to spread that thought when I did. Even if it doesn't matter, it's better to say something to Nintendo reps than nothing at all.

Talpr1

Smash Journeyman

--Gangplank Galleon port
--Lockjaw's Saga port
--Big Top Bop port
--Homecoming Hijinx port
Why no K. Rool Medley like in the Smashified video? That remix proved that the three final boss tracks blend surprisingly well togheter.

I would actually like an Halberd-esque Flying Krock stage, though I certainly wouldn't complain about a Gangplank Galleon stage.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Why no K. Rool Medley like in the Smashified video? That remix proved that the three final boss tracks blend surprisingly well togheter.

I would actually like an Halberd-esque Flying Krock stage, though I certainly wouldn't complain about a Gangplank Galleon stage.
While I'd personally love Flying Kroc more, Gangplank seems like the best choice, both for overall iconic status, and the fact that the "pirate ship stage" niche is open now. (Still baffled Pirate Ship didn't make the jump...)

NNID
Ridleylash
3DS FC
1736-1657-3905
So I finally decided to sum up my opinions on Ridley's role as a pinata boss through an image; I also decided to put K.Rool in since all that poor croc got was a trophy. At least the people ****ting on K.Rool are in the minority, though; you can't go anywhere without some variant on "Ridley is too big!".
Ridley and K.Rool React to the Pyrosphere Stage Hazard.png

G-Guy

Smash Ace
NNID
G-Guy1990
Oh oh oh!

For a Gangplank Galleon Stage, i'd love to see these tracks:

Crocodile Cacophony remixed (DKC2)

Gangplank Galleon (original) (DKC1): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lS7_tcwsj4E

Krook's March (DKC2): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S9YYo9RYtjk

Irate Eight (tension) (DKC TF): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yOwf-GdGEko

Homecoming Hijinx (DKC TF): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_HemiX9LfAM

Scorch'n Torch (DKC TF): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JFP4wn0dejc

Oh nintendo, if you ever put K.Rool into Smash...I'd be so happy.

Well, I am very content with Lucas, Wario and Dedede for now, but once K.Rool hits the scene, D3 drops from my main list like an off stage Super-Dedede-Jump.

Last edited:

Dustydog96

Smash Ace
If K. Rool DOES get a stage, which I'm not counting on, but because Ryu got his own I guess we have to assume K. Rool COULD get one. I'd LOVE to see some stage rendition of Krocodile Kore. That was a SUPER iconic stage in DKC2 and would make for an amazing looking stage. Honestly.

King_K_Rules

Smash Journeyman
I'd really like to see the Gangplank Galleon as a stage!

The Flying Kroc would be cool too, especially if it looked like this!

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
If K. Rool DOES get a stage, which I'm not counting on, but because Ryu got his own I guess we have to assume K. Rool COULD get one. I'd LOVE to see some stage rendition of Krocodile Kore. That was a SUPER iconic stage in DKC2 and would make for an amazing looking stage. Honestly.
Oh yes please have the Krocodile Kore as K.Rool's stage I want this even more than Gangplank Galleon! What would be even better is that you could actually Star KO people into the core! Just like in DKC2!

Anyway, let's discuss DK's role in Skylanders once again.

Look at his verhicle for starts.

Doesn't the design look a bit like it's not really made up randomly for Skylanders? The Bowser Skylander's verhicle looks like it was inspired by the Koopa Clown Car, and I'm sure it was his verhicle in several Mario Kart titles to. So why does DK's verhicle look so... fresh in comparison?

Would such designs as DK's verhicle be used for Diddy Kong Racing 2 perhaps? By chance?

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Oh yes please have the Krocodile Kore as K.Rool's stage I want this even more than Gangplank Galleon! What would be even better is that you could actually Star KO people into the core! Just like in DKC2!

Doesn't the design look a bit like it's not really made up randomly for Skylanders? The Bowser Skylander's verhicle looks like it was inspired by the Koopa Clown Car, and I'm sure it was his verhicle in several Mario Kart titles to. So why does DK's verhicle look so... fresh in comparison?

Would such designs as DK's verhicle be used for Diddy Kong Racing 2 perhaps? By chance?
I'm not really seeing it, but that's just me. I think that's grasping a bit too much; I still think DKR2 is likely (not "for sure" happening), but if anything I think they'd use animal inspired vehicles (or actual animals like in the cancelled Donkey Kong Racing).

Dustydog96

Smash Ace

I was kind of thinking the same thing. They said his amiibo will be used in another nintendo title. So diddy / DONKEY kong racing could totally be a thing.

Xzsmmc

Smash Champion
I want a rap song for K. Rool, a parody inspired by the DK rap.
"King K!
King K. Rool!
King K!
King K Rool is here!"
Ask and ye shall receive.

So he's finally here, performing for you
If you know the words, you can join in too
Put your jaws together, if you want to chomp
As we take you through this Kremling romp
Huh!!

K. Rool! King K. Rool!

He's the leader of the krew, he's the king too
He's finally back to run 'em through
His blunderbuss can fire in spurts
If he shoots ya, it's gonna hurt
He's bigger, faster, and stronger too
He's the first member of the Kremling Krew
Huh!

K. Rool! King K. Rool!
K. Rool! King K. Rool is here!

This kroc's got style, so listen up dudes
He can change his clothes, to suit his mood
He's quick and nimble when he needs to be
He can throw his crown and use 'tricity
If you choose him, you'll never not smile
With a skip and a hop, he's one cool 'dile
Huh!

K. Rool! King K. Rool!

He has no mercy, he's no nice guy
This kroc has a crazy eye
He can disappear when he needs to
And drop cannonballs, just for you
Thowing his gloves at those baboons
This crazy kroc just digs this tune
Huh!

K. Rool! King K. Rool!
K. Rool! King K. Rool!

He's (hopefully) back again and about time too
And this time he's in the mood
He can fly high with his copter pack
With his boxing skills he'll beat that Mac
He'll make you smile when his tune plays
But Kongs beware 'cause it's the end of your days
Huh!

K. Rool! King K. Rool!
Huh!

Finally, it's the last verse
Let's hope this song doesn't get worse
This kroc's so strong, it isn't funny
Can make a Kong cry out for mummy
Can smack a homerun with relative ease
Beating Kongs is such a breeze
He don't move slow, he can jump high
So this kroc's one hell of a guy
Huh!

C'mon Klump, take it to the swamp!

Klaptraps, Kritters, Krash and Krusha
Kannon, Kobble, Klank and Kruncha
Ahh yeah!!

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
K. Rool rap? What about K. Rool heavy metal? (Ok, maybe its not QUITE heavy metal lol...)

Bananas
Bananas
Bananas
Bananas (x6)

Your bananas all belong to me, hear that yellow fruit decree
Find them all where they may be, shake that tall banana tree
Donkey Kong now lies in chains, hoist him up with my big crane
He'll be the bait for my trap, let's see him try to fling his crap

I tried this s*** now once before, woke up face-first on the floor
Now I have a better plan, to catch this ape-ish monkey clan
Tasty golden yellow jewels, should not belong to ape-ish fools
Forward march, bring us glory, steal their fruit, further the story

Yum yum yum, potassium!
Yum yum yum, potassium!
Yum yum yum, potassium!
Yum yum yum, potassium!

All my life I've been denied as Kremling rage seethes inside
This is my lair, on scales I swear
Any Kong who ventures near to rescue this one held so dear
Dies by my hand, this is my land

Krow, Kleever, Kudgel, Sting
Kreepy Krow, Kerozene
All my fallen underlings
With you, my trust all for nothing

Here now I must wait, as Diddy Kong nears the gate
Minions failed, lair assailed, heads impaled, plan DERAILED!

Locked in battle so surreal, shooting off my balls of steel
I stomp the ground with such a force, steel myself from all remorse
Though the fight has just begun, I'm having so much f***ing fun
Diddy Kong has been knocked out, b****, that's what I'm talkin' 'bout

Dixie Kong now charges forth, take her out like Peter North
Smack her up, swing again, come here, b****, SHORYUKEN!
Wait, what's this, it's getting dark, where'd I get this big red mark?
Assailed with little monkey blows, bopped me in my big green nose

Done done done done, I am done
Won won won won, they have won
Fun fun fun fun, I had fun
Run run run run, time to run

Honestly, I love this song. :D

Last edited:
Top Bottom