• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

BowserK.Rool

Smash Champion
Someone made a poll in the super smash bros. group on Youtube asking if K. Rool should be DLC, the poll came up to 32% yes and 63% no, not really surprised being how Youtube is home to tons of idiots. At least most of the comments I read seem to be good.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Someone made a poll in the super smash bros. group on Youtube asking if K. Rool should be DLC, the poll came up to 32% yes and 63% no, not really surprised being how Youtube is home to tons of idiots. At least most of the comments I read seem to be good.
YouTube is a mess, the only place messy enough where people like that one guy who made all those anti-Ridley videos can not only develop a fanbase, but loyal followers. Develop a put-on 'character,' often a loud and/or shrill one, and just add water.

On the bright side, a new Reddit survey of 2,000+ has us winning the "most wanted" portion. We're a small percentage of the whole, but we beat most if not all candidates in a head-to-head comparison.

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1XZ...QlnTj6rU/viewanalytics#start=publishanalytics

Last edited:

Jetmann

Smash Apprentice
While I've been lurking this thread for a long time I've never felt the need to get an account until now, but I feel that I might as well join the krew to show support for my favorite Nintendo villain.

And even if K. Rool doesn't get into Smash this time around (even with his massive support in the ballot), I'm sure that Nintendo/Retro will take note of his fanbase and have him return in a future DKC. Here's to hoping our king will have his finest hour!

Bananija

Count of Trickery
While I've been lurking this thread for a long time I've never felt the need to get an account until now, but I feel that I might as well join the krew to show support for my favorite Nintendo villain.

And even if K. Rool doesn't get into Smash this time around (even with his massive support in the ballot), I'm sure that Nintendo/Retro will take note of his fanbase and have him return in a future DKC. Here's to hoping our king will have his finest hour!
Welcome
Congratulations!

Last edited:

Jurae818

Smash Journeyman
Oh, man. I love going on /v/ and seeing all the delusional idiots going on how K. Rool is a meme character and irrelevant for not appearing in a recent title. Same people thinking that Sora, Shantae and Shovel Knight are more likely to appear. They can't face the facts. K. Rool isn't 100% but he's way more likely than those three or any other indie character.

Keep the fight going, Komrades. We got them by the neck and they're getting desperate.

StormC

Smash Hero
YouTube is a mess, the only place messy enough where people like that one guy who made all those anti-Ridley videos can not only develop a fanbase, but loyal followers. Develop a put-on 'character,' often a loud and/or shrill one, and just add water.

On the bright side, a new Reddit survey of 2,000+ has us winning the "most wanted" portion. We're a small percentage of the whole, but we beat most if not all candidates in a head-to-head comparison.

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1XZ...QlnTj6rU/viewanalytics#start=publishanalytics
12% out of ~24 characters is definitely nothing to sneeze at.

Even with my most wanted character being the most likely I still have doubts. How do middle of the road character fans deal with middling amounts of hope?

Last edited:

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
Well, there's the fact the the main genre of Mario is a platformer genre, making the platformer characters more important. Characters like Waluigi and Daisy just don't seem that important compared to Bowser Jr., Rosalina, and Captain Toad.
Poor Daisy. She's been in so many spin-offs that people forget that she originated from the mainline platformer series, the same as Wario did... :c

Wow, that is impressive, not to mention more interesting than polls conducted on much smaller numbers of people.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793

Interesting. K. Rool, Isaac and Banjo-Kazooie are at the top, with Shrek nearly the same as Bayonetta (lol). 12% is not a bad score though - 12% of a few million is still a huge number.

:231:

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
12% out of ~24 characters is definitely nothing to sneeze at.

Even with my most wanted character being the most likely I still have doubts. How do middle of the road character fans deal with middling amounts of hope?
I don't get my hopes up, I think about how nice it would be and have fun doing it. :3

If it did actually happen, I would quite likely explode from the inside out.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
Oh, man. I love going on /v/ and seeing all the delusional idiots going on how K. Rool is a meme character and irrelevant for not appearing in a recent title. Same people thinking that Sora, Shantae and Shovel Knight are more likely to appear. They can't face the facts. K. Rool isn't 100% but he's way more likely than those three or any other indie character.

Keep the fight going, Komrades. We got them by the neck and they're getting desperate.
Its seriously sad as it is Crazy that people can actually think like that...K.Rool is a Legend.

StormC

Smash Hero
I'm curious, did anybody save what they wrote for their ballot? Here's mine:

K. Rool has been a beloved and highly requested character since the original Smash game. As both a villain and a third Donkey Kong character, as well as a unique, fun choice thanks to his many personas, I think he is the cream of the crop to add to Smash Bros.'s roster. I have no doubt Mr. Sakurai could make a very clever, engaging playstyle with K. Rool.

King_K_Rules

Smash Journeyman
I don't have the exact text, but I emphasized how unique K. Rool would be and how he wouldn't fight like anyone else on the roster.

He has so many options with the blunderbluss, which can be used for projectiles (cannonballs and gas clouds), propelling himself as a dash attack, or even using it to draw people in for throws. I also mentioned he can control electricity/set up electrical beams, has built a robot before and built a helicopter pack. And all this in addition to his crown as a boomerang.

I think it is really important to write about what sets him apart as good fighter.

Last edited:

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
I definitely remember bringing up K Rool being a key part to the Rare Donkey Kong games as well as the amount of moveset potential he has.
That's all I can recall really.

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
I didn't keep my ballot text, but mine centred around how he's one of the only absentee main-villains, is a well-loved part of the DK series, and has the potential to make a good fighter in the heavyweight category, which is still rather lacking.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Like I said in another topic, waiting for August for more Smash news is going to be hard for me. I think in regards to waiting, that this track fits the whole waiting thing well.

I post this here because the video is from a game K. Rool is from.

Last edited:

oinkers12

Smash Apprentice
I personally find it incredible that King K. Rool leads a lot of these polls especially since each website that hosts these surveys usually have a personal favorite (like Wonder Red for example). King K. Rool is really the only Nintendo character to actually be consistently popular everywhere. There doesn't seem to be any legitimate reason as to why he wouldn't be included at this point.

#KrocTheVote

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
I've said it before, it's remarkable how much we've achieved with simple effort. We've worked for what we've achieved from the ground up, with nothing external to give us a boost like new games or a revered leak.

Not everyone agrees, of course. This recent Reddit poll has a big comment passive-aggressively accusing K. Rool fans of only voting for the character because "they're supporting the team," and not because they want the character. Which is pretty dumb, but based on its upvotes, not an unpopular sentiment,

InASnowBoundLand

Smash Lord
Go K. Rool! Good to see that most surveys continue to suggest K. Rool is among the top ballot picks if not the actual lead. K. Rool's dominance extends to multiple surveys taken at multiple sites and at multiple points in time. Like it or not, K. Rool's lead is a consistent finding. Go us.

Thelimomon

Smash Journeyman
I've said it before, it's remarkable how much we've achieved with simple effort. We've worked for what we've achieved from the ground up, with nothing external to give us a boost like new games or a revered leak.

Not everyone agrees, of course. This recent Reddit poll has a big comment passive-aggressively accusing K. Rool fans of only voting for the character because "they're supporting the team," and not because they want the character. Which is pretty dumb, but based on its upvotes, not an unpopular sentiment,
I believe most people here "joined the team" because he/she supports K. Rool in the first place, and not to be part of something.
Maybe some people joined this thread to be part of the discussion. But without supporting K. Rool?
Well, this wouldn't make a lot of sense, would it?

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
Interesting. K. Rool, Isaac and Banjo-Kazooie are at the top, with Shrek nearly the same as Bayonetta (lol). 12% is not a bad score though - 12% of a few million is still a huge number.

:231:
Tbh if Banjo made it i wouldnt be mad at all..i want K.Rool and Ridley the most also Kamek but yh...i loved BK expecially BK Tooie.
If Banjo made i would embrace him with open arms.

But i also want a new heavyweight...so yh...K.Rool

StormC

Smash Hero
Banjo-Kazooie is one of my all time favorite games but I feel like their inclusion in Smash would open more floodgates than I'm comfortable with. I also don't think it'll ever happen, anyway.

Besides, :4duckhunt:.

In that guy's follow up comments he got downvoted, for what it's worth.

(sorry for double post, on phone)

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm curious, did anybody save what they wrote for their ballot? Here's mine:
What I wrote:

As a massive Donkey Kong & Smash Bros fan, it would be heartwarming and magical to see King K Rool be a playable character.
With his various disguises, slightly unstable, wacky personality and underhanded tactics, the King will stand out from the crowd.
He can utilise his large range of zany weaponry and gadgets used over the years as part of his moveset.
With King K Rool being a big part of one of the oldest, most treasured and iconic Nintendo franchises & being hugely popular
amongst all fans globally, there will be more than enough demand for him. The King needs to return.

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
I'm curious, did anybody save what they wrote for their ballot?
Didn't take me that long to find it but here it is.
I wrote down this for my K.Rool response
King K. Rool would be an amazing DLC candidate as Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS and Wii U DLC, as he is the main antagonist in the Donkey Kong Country franchise, and is one of the few bad-guys left to add to the roster, and a versatile villain as well.
He has enormous amounts of potential in his various personas, from his Blunderbuss from Donkey Kong Country 2 to the electric traps in Donkey Kong Country 3. Cunning and intimidating, K. Rool would be an excellent character to represent the Donkey Kong series, especially in consideration of how little content it got in this game.
As of now, I've voted for Roy (mah boi!), King K. Rool, Isaac, Rayman and Sylux. I've been considering sending in a vote for the Inklings soon, so I'll get around to that - And Krystal too.

Dustydog96

Smash Ace
As of now, I've voted for Roy (mah boi!), King K. Rool, Isaac, Rayman and Sylux. I've been considering sending in a vote for the Inklings soon, so I'll get around to that - And Krystal too.
Not to be the person to tell you what you should or shouldn't be doing with your own time but I don't see the point in voting for all these different characters rather than focusing your vote on your one, favorite character as the chances of that one character will be better without the other character votes. Sending in a vote for one specific character in my eyes is a way of meeting halfway with the smash ballot itself in that you acknowledge the process of character priority which will play a huge role in who gets in due to the amount and quality of votes. In any case always glad to see another person voting for K. Rool. After watching the fans react to the ff7 remake trailer I'm looking forward to experiencing the same joy and success for K. Rool.

Last edited:

StormC

Smash Hero
Yeah, I would only feel comfortable voting for K. Rool until he gets confirmed. If he was already in the game, Snake would definitely be my next priority.

It would have been nice if the ballot took 3-5 suggestions from the same person, but oh well.

Last edited:

SuperNintendoKid

Smash Lord
Looking at many votes, polls, forums and everything else, it seems that Wolf and K. Rool are the Most requested

especially the King, no doubt.

Also, who want's K. Rool to have the same voice as he did in the show? (goodness what a weird question)

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
This makes too much sense.......I smell fan theory...

Can Banjo be the youngest of the brother bears?
So Banjo is related the Brash and the others? It all makes sense given the former does have the logo "Rarebare" on his track shirt and he sounds close enough to an angry Banjo.

Last edited:

Desert Croc

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4757-0799-4282
Also, who want's K. Rool to have the same voice as he did in the show? (goodness what a weird question)
I do, though Sakurai's most likely going to give him grunts and roars since he thinks characters like Bowser, Donkey Kong and Dedede are better off without human voices.

Top Bottom