• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

Thelimomon

Smash Journeyman
The Kremlings decided by an ultimate staring contest who was worthy to become their King...
You don't know how much I wish this was true!

SuperiorYoshi87

Smash Lord
NNID
AVENGERxTHOR
I imagine that K. Rool became King simply by being bigger, having more kunning, and being kruel.

If DK64 is anything to go by Kremlings themselves don't seem all that smart. K. Rool clearly is intelligent and by being far more intelligent than his lesser kin was most likely able to assert himself as a leader. It's possible his girth was acquired later through out his rule. I mean clearly he's a capable leader, he's mounted multiple invasions of outside territories for resources to build his crazy weapons. However he can't have all the credit, Snide was responsible for the blast-o-matic atleast design wise. However we can imagine it was K. Rool himself who designed Krocodile Rock. So his brains brawn and overall kruelty most likely allowed him to put a crown on and boss everyone else around.

StormC

Smash Hero
Kremlings seem to come from Crocodile Isle, but they also have architecture on DK Island's temples.

Seeing how the Kremlings overthrew K. Rool in DKC3, King doesn't seem to be a bloodline title.

Sidboylol

Smash Cadet
I wish we can all see the result by now. It's still a mystery and yet October is way too long.

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
I'm glad someone else suggested the Kremling gang up attack as his Final Smash. The Blast-O-Matic, functioning as simply a big generic laser beam, doesn't really fit the character well. Really, when Dedede's Brawl Final Smash was first revealed, I immediately thought "that fits K. Rool better."
I agree. It certainly never fit Dedede.

I've been putting up a bunch of K. Rool posts on Miiverse. Most are just text, but I did put a small bit of effort into a few.

I did this on my 2-DS so forgive me if not everything is perfect. I thought the battle ax's would make suitable weapons for him.
View attachment 57487
Please can you guys provide some links so we can go and "Yeah!" these? :b:

I have a question for ya'll that's not entirely related to K. Rool. Is it worth getting the New 3DS? That little nub seems like it could make life a lot easier for Smash and Monster Hunter players (I'm a light bowgunner in MonHun 4 Ultimate. The touch screen dpad doesn't do it for me, I need that c-nub in my life). I've actually been considering trading in my Wii U at this point, because I rarely play it outside Smash and I still have Smash on 3DS, and a cstick would make me like it more, and I love all my 3DS games and...just Smash and Mario Kart 8 on Wii U.

I like Smash Run and 3DS Classic more than Wii U Classic or Smash Tour. The only thing I'll sorely miss is My Music.

So if I felt like keeping it to PC and 3DS for now until we learn more about NX, I feel like I'd rather invest in the New 3DS.
Speaking as an upgrader here, I don't use the C-Stick in Smash 3DS, but I've found that the niceties the New 3DS adds overall have all been worthwhile for me. I never had any problems with the original non-eye-tracking 3D display, myself, but even so, I can see how much of an improvement the eye-tracking is, too.

I've heard many good things about its impact on Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate, too, as that game can also take advantage of the added performance that the New 3DS offers.

Before making a decision, try it out if you can, and bear in mind the current awkwardness of migrating from a Wii U to a future console. That may be resolved when the new sign-in system launches later in the year, but as of right now, you'd need to retain your old machine if you want to do a system transfer to the next, later on.

Hey. I remember this. Man, I really need to pick up the dvd set for Season 1. Thanks for showing me this and it is an honor being here.
If you want to get a fix before then, the show's production company, Nelvana, were recently officially authorised to upload the entire series to YouTube, on their Nelvana Retro channel.

EDIT: They have series two on there, as well.

I sincerely believe that Nintendo just dosnt care about E3 anymore especially since they have a Direct monthly/bi monthly to show new stuff. Should be interesting to say the least.
Your belief would seem to be correct. They've actually been (fairly openly) distancing themselves from it over the last ten years, and this has been especially prominent over the last five. I agree, the next Nintendo Direct is certainly going to be interesting!

Edit again: Is Pokken even coming to the Wii U? I thought it was arcade only.
It hasn't been confirmed for a home conversion, but given the setup of the arcade machine's controller (it's effectively a Wii U GamePad minus the screen and analogue sticks), it seems to be a fair guess that it may get one. ;)

Last edited:

MandoBardanJusik

Smash Ace
Hm, you know while his Great return in the next DKC will be the best thing, I actually think him showing up in Mario and Sonic Rio and Mario Tennis Ultra Smash would help too, smashing any 'relevance' arguments while reintroducing him to a lot of people in 2 relatively popular party games. He would also fit in nicely, both as a rep(he's a villain, has a strong relationship with DK, DK series is relevant again, and he's no stranger to party game, and has a unique design), and to liven up the rosters(Mario and Sonic may have Vector but he's a lean good guy)

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
Hm, you know while his Great return in the next DKC will be the best thing, I actually think him showing up in Mario and Sonic Rio and Mario Tennis Ultra Smash would help too, smashing any 'relevance' arguments while reintroducing him to a lot of people in 2 relatively popular party games. He would also fit in nicely, both as a rep(he's a villain, has a strong relationship with DK, DK series is relevant again, and he's no stranger to party game, and has a unique design), and to liven up the rosters(Mario and Sonic may have Vector but he's a lean good guy)
Relevance doesn't even matter, its importance to a franchise in my mind. Since when has Jigglypuff been relevant after Melee.

BowserK.Rool

Smash Champion
Can't tell you how much I always wanted to play as K. Rool in a Mario Tennis game, that'd be awesome. Aside from DK games, I think he should appear in more Mario spinoffs as well.

Krayon Kaphonie

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Kaphonie
Time for a dump of new fanart I've never seen before, but am really digging.

Omg that 3rd drawing is mine!!! :D I want dixie more than k rool but I believe they both deserve to be in this game. I wouldn't even be upset if k.rool made it and Dixie didn't in the ballot. x)

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
Yh that all star thing dont mean jack ****..anymore....loads of chars in this game broke that rule.....
Palutena..greninja...WFT...list goes on..really and truly Sakurai adds who he wants...who you may find unique and intresting he may not...hence...he adds who he wants..

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Yh that all star thing dont mean jack ****..anymore....loads of chars in this game broke that rule.....
Palutena..greninja...WFT...list goes on..really and truly Sakurai adds who he wants...who you may find unique and intresting he may not...hence...he adds who he wants..
It has more to do with a difference of ideology this time around. He added who he thought had interesting moveset potential. It's obvious because with he literally picked Greninja before his game was even out because he thought he could make a cool moveset out of that. And then we have Robin, Shulk, WFT, Villager, Mac, Palutena, Mega Man...honestly I'm just gonna end up listing all the newcomers (Now Ryu, even), but "Nintendo All-Star or not", he added characters that could make, in his eyes, an interesting moveset.

If anything, K. Rool's not among them because Sakurai is probably just not that familiar with the DK series. Maybe he played DK64, maybe he didn't (Diddy's moveset) but the purpose of the kampaign is to get Sakurai to pay attention.

Last edited:

Thelimomon

Smash Journeyman
Personally, I think Palutena didn't break the rule. It's just a little... wrong, that she got in, but some more iconic characters didn't.
I also don't think it's bad, in the first place, that he adds some odd characters, but it's insolent that he ignores the most iconic characters.

Last edited:

StormC

Smash Hero
I feel like the whole "relevancy" thing only really became a talking point in Smash 4 because Sakurai chose characters with more modern involvement in Nintendo this time around.

K. Rool is in kind of a weird nebulous middle ground between "irrelevant" and "relevant" where he hasn't been a focus for DK or Nintendo for a long time, but he has an incredibly detailed history with the series that spans many games. There are others like this, mostly villains like Ganon and Dark Matter, but it looks like characters like Krystal will be joining the ranks of that soon enough.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
I feel like the whole "relevancy" thing only really became a talking point in Smash 4 because Sakurai chose characters with more modern involvement in Nintendo this time around.

K. Rool is in kind of a weird nebulous middle ground between "irrelevant" and "relevant" where he hasn't been a focus for DK or Nintendo for a long time, but he has an incredibly detailed history with the series that spans many games. There are others like this, mostly villains like Ganon and Dark Matter, but it looks like characters like Krystal will be joining the ranks of that soon enough.
Who is there really left beside K.Rool and Ridley...honestly speaking...i cant think of no one...although theres quite a few mario chars that should have made it instead of Bull*Rosalina

StormC

Smash Hero
Who is there really left beside K.Rool and Ridley...honestly speaking...i cant think of no one...although theres quite a few mario chars that should have made it instead of Bull*Rosalina
Nah, Rosalina is fine. Mario's other options are mostly characters from spin-offs, not the core Mario platformers, which is where Rosalina and Bowser Jr./The Koopalings come in. You could add guys like Paper Mario, Daisy, Waluigi, and Fawful to represent certain spin-offs, I guess, but they're still not attached to the main Super Mario franchise. Toad has no actual value as a fighter and is just a "rep," but Captain Toad certainly could be worthwhile. Then you have like... Nabbit? Who is cool but Literally Who.

As for other characters, there isn't much besides a few folks like Krystal and Dixie. I generally think of K. Rool and Ridley as the last Nintendo all-stars not in the game, but you could certainly make an argument for Dixie.

Last edited:

Bananija

Count of Trickery
Nah, Rosalina is fine. Mario's options are mostly characters from spin-offs, not the core Mario platformers; that's where Rosalina and Bowser Jr./The Koopalings come in. You could add guys like Paper Mario, Daisy, Waluigi, and Fawful to represent certain spin-offs, I guess, but they're still not attached to the main Super Mario franchise. Toad has no actual value as a fighter and is just a "rep," but Captain Toad certainly could be worthwhile. Then you have like... Nabbit? Who is cool but Literally Who.

As for other characters, there isn't much besides a few folks like Krystal and Dixie. I generally think of K. Rool and Ridley as the last Nintendo all-stars not in the game, but you could certainly make an argument for Dixie.
Well, Bowser Jr appeared in every big 3D platformer (sunshine and the galaxies) since he's apparence, so he is more than just a spin-off character. (And in the same way Rosalina, but it's only because no big platformer we're made since Galaxy 2.

StormC

Smash Hero
Well, Bowser Jr appeared in every big 3D platformer (sunshine and the galaxies) since he's apparence, so he is more than just a spin-off character. (And in the same way Rosalina, but it's only because no big platformer we're made since Galaxy 2.
That's what I mean. Rosalina and Bowser Jr. have consistently appeared in platformers; I feel like people tend to brush over the fact that Rosalina was fully playable in a 3D Mario platformer. You don't get any more all-star than that, really. When you add in the Galaxy elements, her being playable seems like a no brainer to me.

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
That's what I mean. Rosalina and Bowser Jr. have consistently appeared in platformers; I feel like people tend to brush over the fact that Rosalina was fully playable in a 3D Mario platformer. You don't get any more all-star than that, really. When you add in the Galaxy elements, her being playable seems like a no brainer to me.
The thing is, Sakurai considered Rosalina before Bowser Jr. which I think is stupid. Bowser Jr. is more important and has tons of moveset options in and out of the clown car.

Bananija

Count of Trickery
I didn't read it like that! But I think the reason people are confused with her in the game is because most of her apparences were spin-off and because she is quite new as a character. I was personally thinking that she would have been playable in Smash 5, where she would have became a more solid main series characters, but no one can predict Sakurai.
The thing is, Sakurai considered Rosalina before Bowser Jr. which I think is stupid. Bowser Jr. is more important and has tons of moveset options in and out of the clown car.
Exactly! I was angry when the trailer showed Rosalina and not Jr. I thought he was out the competition (he was my most wanted). The fact that he was revealed in the ERSB leak made me happy.

Last edited:

StormC

Smash Hero
I edited it to make it a bit more clear.

When Rosalina was announced for 3D World, I just knew she'd be in Smash 4. Had no idea she'd be revealed the month after!

They're both in and fully playable. That should be good enough for anybody.

Also let's be real, nobody considered Bowser Jr. as a mech user before Sakurai did.

Last edited:

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
Exactly! I was angry when the trailer showed Rosalina and not Jr. I thought he was out the competition (he was my most wanted). The fact that he was revealed in the ERSB leak made me happy.
He was my most wanted too! Sunshine was my childhood Mario so I really liked Bowser Jr.
When Rosalina was announced for 3D World, I just knew she'd be in Smash 4. Had no idea she'd be revealed the month after!

Also let's be real, nobody considered Bowser Jr. as a mech user before Sakurai did.
At the time Rosalina was announced, I was pissed because I thought Bowser Jr. deserved it more. When he was revealed I was happy (also kinda sad cuz he was in the clown car and I wanted him on foot). I knew the instant Rosalina was in 3D World, she'd be in Smash.
This thread is a big swing. it's on topic for a page, then off, then on, then off. :75M:
That's how this thread do!

Bananija

Count of Trickery
I edited it to make it a bit more clear.

Yeah that's true! Everyones, including me, was like " Jr will use is paintbrush in is moveset and his clown car will be his final smash." and the opposite happened. I think that it's better that way, cooler and more original moveset with the deformed Koopalings to bring more historical importance and make everyone happy.

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
Yeah that's true! Everyones, including me, was like " Jr will use is paintbrush in is moveset and his clown car will be his final smash." and the opposite happened. I think that it's better that way, cooler and more original moveset with the deformed Koopalings to bring more historical importance and make everyone happy.
I thought the Airship Armada would've been a more cooler final smash and it would've made more sense because of his alts.

Thelimomon

Smash Journeyman
I honestly don't see a reason for the Mario series in Smash to be represented by only main-platformer-characters.
The spin-off titles were always a big part of the whole "Mario" franchise.
I believe the Paper Mario series, for example, is more popular than a lot of the franchises that got characters in Smash.

EDIT: I just realized that Dr. Mario isn't one of the main-platformer-characters, but I don't feel like he is in Smash because of the Dr. Mario games, but rather just to have Dr. Mario.

Last edited:

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
I honestly don't see a reason for the Mario series in Smash to be represented by only main-platformer-characters.
The spin-off titles were always a big part of the whole "Mario" franchise.
I believe the Paper Mario series, for example, is more popular than a lot of the franchises that got characters in Smash.
Well, there's the fact the the main genre of Mario is a platformer genre, making the platformer characters more important. Characters like Waluigi and Daisy just don't seem that important compared to Bowser Jr., Rosalina, and Captain Toad.

StormC

Smash Hero
There's nothing wrong with representing spin-off games, but I think if you want to play the "X deserves to be in more than Y" card, you have to accept that Super Mario is the main series and characters from that will obviously get priority over characters like Paper Mario and Daisy.

Also, Paper Mario is really just kind of one of things that's popular on the internet. Cumulatively it's sold like ~5 mil.

Last edited:

Dustydog96

Smash Ace
He was my most wanted too! Sunshine was my childhood Mario so I really liked Bowser Jr.

At the time Rosalina was announced, I was pissed because I thought Bowser Jr. deserved it more. When he was revealed I was happy (also kinda sad cuz he was in the clown car and I wanted him on foot). I knew the instant Rosalina was in 3D World, she'd be in Smash.

That's how this thread do!
So It's seemed for the past two months LOL. I'm ok with it though. Just shows how flexible the people in this chat are and how UNLIMITEDLY knowledgeable we are :denzel::denzel::denzel:

Thelimomon

Smash Journeyman
There's nothing wrong with representing spin-off games, but I think if you want to play the "X deserves to be in more than Y" card, you have to accept that Super Mario is the main series and characters from that will obviously get priority over characters like Paper Mario and Daisy.

Also, Paper Mario is really just kind of one of things that's popular on the internet. Cumulatively it's sold <10 mil.
Of course. I didn't say anything like: "Paper Mario should be in before Rosalina should even have been considered".
I was just saying, that there is no reason to ignore Paper Mario completely just because he isn't a character in the main-platformer-games.

Last edited:
Top Bottom