• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

SuperNintendoKid

Smash Lord
I have been thinking of what K.Rools specials should be:

Neutral: Throws his crown in the same exact fashion in DKC

Side: shoots a blast of shrapnel from his blunderbuss, which deals great shield damage, but pretty weak with damage, knockback and takes awhile to reload
(I did not choose a cannonball because that's already taken by Bowser Jr.)

Down: Takes out a Klaptrap for a few seconds before putting it away, it can steal items and meteor smash in midair.

Up: takes out his helicopter thingy from DKC3 and flies up, the rotors do damage.

Final Smash: whistles and three Kremlings come out to attack, two are green and one is blue, they attack exactly how they do in smash run, but they are invincible and pretty powerful, this barrage lasts for about 7 seconds.

so, any comments?

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
I have been thinking of what K.Rools specials should be:

Neutral: Throws his crown in the same exact fashion in DKC

Side: shoots a blast of shrapnel from his blunderbuss, which deals great shield damage, but pretty weak with damage, knockback and takes awhile to reload
(I did not choose a cannonball because that's already taken by Bowser Jr.)

Down: Takes out a Klaptrap for a few seconds before putting it away, it can steal items and meteor smash in midair.

Up: takes out his helicopter thingy from DKC3 and flies up, the rotors do damage.

Final Smash: whistles and three Kremlings come out to attack, two are green and one is blue, they attack exactly how they do in smash run, but they are invincible and pretty powerful, this barrage lasts for about 7 seconds.

so, any comments?
Its pretty much what everyone agrees on. Although personally I'd rather have him set up electric traps for his down special and have K Rool shoot a spiky cannonball that does the swirl pattern, and have the Final Smash be Kannonball Kastastrophe where cannonballs rain from the sky.

Last edited:

StormC

Smash Hero
I'm glad someone else suggested the Kremling gang up attack as his Final Smash. The Blast-O-Matic, functioning as simply a big generic laser beam, doesn't really fit the character well. Really, when Dedede's Brawl Final Smash was first revealed, I immediately thought "that fits K. Rool better."

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
I've been putting up a bunch of K. Rool posts on Miiverse. Most are just text, but I did put a small bit of effort into a few.

StormC

Smash Hero
I was googling K. Rool earlier for something else and stumbled upon this texture hack of DK64 that gives him darker colors:

I can only suspect this was done to match his original colors more (couldn't say for sure, OP was in Spanish).

The more I look at the dark colors, the more I really love it. I feel like he'd be brighter to fit in with the cast more, though.

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
I was googling K. Rool earlier for something else and stumbled upon this texture hack of DK64 that gives him darker colors:

I can only suspect this was done to match his original colors more (couldn't say for sure, OP was in Spanish).

The more I look at the dark colors, the more I really love it. I feel like he'd be brighter to fit in with the cast more, though.
I personally like the lighter colors better than the dark ones. Might be because I like a mixture of both the Rare and PAON designs (lighter colors, golden belly, cape with gem, tail, and bigger crown).

SuperNintendoKid

Smash Lord
Oh something i forgot to mention, add me to the list of people who want the King in smash bros.

Last edited:

dangeraaron10

Smash Master
I have a question for ya'll that's not entirely related to K. Rool. Is it worth getting the New 3DS? That little nub seems like it could make life a lot easier for Smash and Monster Hunter players (I'm a light bowgunner in MonHun 4 Ultimate. The touch screen dpad doesn't do it for me, I need that c-nub in my life). I've actually been considering trading in my Wii U at this point, because I rarely play it outside Smash and I still have Smash on 3DS, and a cstick would make me like it more, and I love all my 3DS games and...just Smash and Mario Kart 8 on Wii U.

I like Smash Run and 3DS Classic more than Wii U Classic or Smash Tour. The only thing I'll sorely miss is My Music.

So if I felt like keeping it to PC and 3DS for now until we learn more about NX, I feel like I'd rather invest in the New 3DS.

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
I have a question for ya'll that's not entirely related to K. Rool. Is it worth getting the New 3DS? That little nub seems like it could make life a lot easier for Smash and Monster Hunter players (I'm a light bowgunner in MonHun 4 Ultimate. The touch screen dpad doesn't do it for me, I need that c-nub in my life). I've actually been considering trading in my Wii U at this point, because I rarely play it outside Smash and I still have Smash on 3DS, and a cstick would make me like it more, and I love all my 3DS games and...just Smash and Mario Kart 8 on Wii U.

I like Smash Run and 3DS Classic more than Wii U Classic or Smash Tour. The only thing I'll sorely miss is My Music.

So if I felt like keeping it to PC and 3DS for now until we learn more about NX, I feel like I'd rather invest in the New 3DS.
Do you not play Splatoon. There are tons of other great games on the Wii U.
Xenoblade Chronicles X
Yoshi's Woolly World
Splatoon
The Wonderful 101
Star Fox Zero
etc.

dangeraaron10

Smash Master
Do you not play Splatoon. There are tons of other great games on the Wii U.
Xenoblade Chronicles X
Yoshi's Woolly World
Splatoon
The Wonderful 101
Star Fox Zero
etc.
While I'm sure they're all great, I don't have any interest at all in Splatoon personally. So the only one I could see me playing is maybe Star Fox Zero but maybe for a few days. I really don't need much else from Nintendo beyond Smash, MonHun, and Pokemon. If my theory is correct and they do a dual launch for Zelda U on both Wii U and NX like they did with Twilight Princess back in the end of Gamecube and beginning of Wii, I don't want to keep buying Wii U games and just prep for NX.

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
While I'm sure they're all great, I don't have any interest at all in Splatoon personally. So the only one I could see me playing is maybe Star Fox Zero but maybe for a few days. I really don't need much else from Nintendo beyond Smash, MonHun, and Pokemon. If my theory is correct and they do a dual launch for Zelda U on both Wii U and NX like they did with Twilight Princess back in the end of Gamecube and beginning of Wii, I don't want to keep buying Wii U games and just prep for NX.
HEATHEN YOU DONT LIKE SPLATOON!

dangeraaron10

Smash Master
Eh, I mean they haven't really announced anything for the New Nintendo 3DS that makes it worth buying (besides maybe Xenoblade but I want that on the Wii). There is a MH on the Wii U you know.
3 Ultimate, yes. Though I prefer 4 Ultimate where all my MonHun buddies actually are.

DeathFox137

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Tech137
Um, just for curiosity, can you add me to the supporters list as well. Thanks. I have been playing Donkey Kong since I was a youngling in the 90's. Plus DKC is the first game I ever owned. I thought the game is like tons of fun. I still have my trilogy of SNES versions of it. Plus DK64

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
Um, just for curiosity, can you add me to the supporters list as well. Thanks. I have been playing Donkey Kong since I was a youngling in the 90's. Plus DKC is the first game I ever owned. I thought the game is like tons of fun. I still have my trilogy of SNES versions of it. Plus DK64
Twice in a row!

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392

What about....

Donkey Kong Country Returns Tropical Freeze?
Pikmin 3?
Pokken?

PocketCookie

Smash Rookie
First time posting on smashboards, and I want to make sure my allegiance to the Kremlin army is known. Long live the King!

PlayfulMushroom

Smash Apprentice
Is there some sort of poll (connected to the ballot) that you can view the results of? To see what characters are currently in the lead etc.

SuperiorYoshi87

Smash Lord
NNID
AVENGERxTHOR
So after the lack of seeing anything new at E3 from Nintendo it makes me interested to see the next few Directs. I sincerely believe that Nintendo just dosnt care about E3 anymore especially since they have a Direct monthly/bi monthly to show new stuff. Should be interesting to say the least.

Hopefully we will see the next DLC fighters sooner rather than later. Who knows maybe one of the next 2 slots is reserves for the first ballot pick. Would be awesome if it was K. Rool!

Last edited:

MandoBardanJusik

Smash Ace
So after the lack of seeing anything new at E3 from Nintendo it makes me interested to see the next few Directs. I sincerely believe that Nintendo just dosnt care about E3 anymore especially since they have a Direct monthly/bi monthly to show new stuff. Should be interesting to say the least.

Hopefully we will see the next DLC fighters sooner rather than later. Who knows maybe one of the next 2 slots is reserves for the first ballot pick. Would be awesome if it was K. Rool!
They tried making it more about the experience than the reveals, and that didn't work for everyone since they had high expectations and over-reacted badly

King_K_Rules

Smash Journeyman
Maybe the J. Wittz will retweet support for K. Rool in the ballot? Here's a few pictures he might like

dangeraaron10

Smash Master
What about....

Donkey Kong Country Returns Tropical Freeze?
Pikmin 3?
Pokken?
Got it, like it
Got it, love it, beat it thrice
I don't have that one yet though.

I don't want any of Star Fox's gyro jank, I hate that type of playstyle. I'll reconsider if a classic control stick function is available, which I highly doubt.

Edit: Truth be told I completely forgot about Pokken. Are they still revealing playable Pokemon?

Edit again: Is Pokken even coming to the Wii U? I thought it was arcade only.

Last edited:

Talpr1

Smash Journeyman
In the Character Discussion thread someone mentioned that a game expanding the backstory of Dedede would be great, and I feel the same cold be said about K. Rool.
Iirc it has never been said how K.Rool got his throne by official sources. Is he the legitimate heir to the throne? Did he usurp the throne? Or perhaps he became King after a revolution, which he guided promising good things, and where the legitimate king was killed(which would further cement the analogies to Stalin someone tried to make earlier)? I think these are very interesting questions and it would be awesome if the next game answered them.

dangeraaron10

Smash Master
In the Character Discussion thread someone mentioned that a game expanding the backstory of Dedede would be great, and I feel the same cold be said about K. Rool.
Iirc it has never been said how K.Rool got his throne by official sources. Is he the legitimate heir to the throne? Did he usurp the throne? Or perhaps he became King after a revolution, which he guided promising good things, and where the legitimate king was killed(which would further cement the analogies to Stalin someone tried to make earlier)? I think these are very interesting questions and it would be awesome if the next game answered them.
I think that according to the Kong lore, K. Rool was simply a general that took over as King, I don't think there was a legitimate inheritance of that throne.

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
I've always interpreted K. Rool's reign as one based on dominance - to wit, "I'm the big guy around here, anybody got a problem with that?" Nobody's tried (successfully - rip in paradise, Kasplat) to usurp him because he's just too damn scary.

Top Bottom