• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
Perfect 8s?
:4mewtwo:
:4lucas:
:4feroy:
:4ryu:
:4wolf:,
King K. Rool
Isaac
and the Inklings. If these were the 8 DLC fighters we end up getting, then so be it.

Last edited:

Talpr1

Smash Journeyman
Most likely DLC list
  1. :4mewtwo:
  2. :4lucas:
  3. :4feroy:
  4. :4ryu:
  5. :wolf:
  6. (either ballot or preplanned)
  7. Inklings(ballot) or Isaac(ballot)
DLC wishlist

6. :snake:
  7. Ganon
Though I wouldn't despise Inklings, Rayman or Isaac.

MandoBardanJusik

Smash Ace
Honestly, the way I see it(and hope it will work out), is that I don't see there being anymore characters from already repped franchises than I do getting in new franchise reps, and I hope that takes precedence... and why I see why some people would want Bandanna dee in smash, I don't really see him being worthy, it would be like throwing toadsworth into smash really, and Kirby has most of its iconic characters already

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725
Based off of your predictions. I'm hoping Sakurai sets a guy in the corner with a 3DS fixing up the Ice Climbers while all other characters are being worked on. Wolf, King K, Ice Climbers, and Snake/Shantae are the last 4. I don't think he would put in Inkling costumes for some reason, had he thought of putting them in DLC. My wishlist being Wolf, Ice Climbers, King K, and Layton/Wright/Lip.

Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I really like that people are using that K. Rool icon.

6. upload_2015-6-18_18-27-21.png
    (Smishified when?)
:231:

Last edited:
Based off of your predictions. I'm hoping Sakurai sets a guy in the corner with a 3DS fixing up the Ice Climbers while all other characters are being worked on. Wolf, King K, Ice Climbers, and Snake/Shantae are the last 4. I don't think he would put in Inkling costumes for some reason, had he thought of putting them in DLC. My wishlist being Wolf, Ice Climbers, King K, and Layton/Wright/Lip.
Ice Climbers and Snake aren't very likely, 3DS issue might not be only problem ICs have, 8-player Smash could also be a problem, and Konami has been a mess lately and new Metal Gear is released to every current console but Wii U and 3DS. Don't know about Shantae's chances.

NNID
Ridleylash
3DS FC
1736-1657-3905
Ridley? Are we gonna finally see Ridley playable-No?

...ok.

;_;

Damnit, if K.Rool gets in, I hope everyone will make a huge push for Ridley, as well. Lord knows that his supporters are among the most laughed at fandom outside of the "never going to happen" people like Shrek, Reckless Wiimote Guy and Goku, and finally getting some sweet, sweet retribution for our hopes would be nice. :p

ikemachine

Smash Apprentice
When is that fire emblem event where sakurai is suppose to make an announcement there? Maybe DLC info will get announced then?

Burruni

Smash Hero
When is that fire emblem event where sakurai is suppose to make an announcement there? Maybe DLC info will get announced then?
No.
It won't.
It's like June 27th. but there is 0 reason for Sakurai to reveal Smash stuff at a Japan-only Fire Emblem concert that ISN'T related to Fire Emblem, which is why people theorized :4feroy: would be shown there.

At most, he'll probably talk about his history of trying to translate and represent the series in Smash.

StormC

Smash Hero
What would everyone think if K. Rool was leaked to without a doubt be in the game? Personally, I'd be a bit disappointed that it was leaked and not officially announced with a trailer, but it'd be incredible to finally have him in Smash.
Depends what form the leak takes, I think. If his trailer got leaked or something, the end result's the same. Actually, you know what, I probably don't care either way. Just put him in the damn game.

:4mewtwo::4lucas::4feroy::4ryu::wolf::snake:
are my perfect eight. Still expecting Chorus Kids, though.

Heck, there's even a theme going on here; psychics, headbands, gray animal mercenaries, and fat evil kings.

Last edited:

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Yea i got the most likely dlc list

(Confirmed)
1 :4mewtwo:

2:4lucas:

3:4feroy:

4:4ryu:

(Pre-planed my best bet)

5 :wolf:

6 rythem heaven rep (this is my best bet for a wanted rep for smash and the 4 following.)

1 theres a rythem heaven enemy in smash run
2 the miiverse stage has a rythem heaven song.
3 in the data hack like they did with brawl they found a rythem heaven rep slot
4 the gemusatu leak mentioned chorus kids for playable. (The hack proove he may have ben right.)

(Ballot winners) (either top 3 or 4)

7 isaac (golden sun.)

8 king k rool (clearly)

9 shantae (creator wants him and a rumored photo shows her game in amiibo treasure.)

10 inkling (yea way too much publicity amiibos theme park costumes for smash you name it.)

Burruni

Smash Hero
Not really, we got Grunty's Revenge as well(really underrated game btw), and Banjo Pilot but nobody likes that.
I completely forgot about those.

But, still, after the duldrum that is there between N&B and now, a similar gap isn't unreasonable after this next title if it's bad (or garbage).

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
Still here hoping for the Rool to get in. I'd expect we'll get at least one character in August with tourney mode, and I actually would be surprised if it wasn't Wolf, considering he's so highly requested. After him, though, I think K.Rool is next most wanted, and that's worldwide (a big plus compared to others)

Only thing I'm scared about it that we won't get a load more characters, especially if they pull out the new console already and stop supporting SSB4. We've got 4 DLC characters at this point, so add in possibly one or two pre-ballot, then two or three max more after ballot. I hope I'm wrong, but Sakurai and his team tend to do precisely what I don't want. What is that? 8 or so DLC characters max?

And since everyone's posting their DLC wishlists...
  1. :4mewtwo: (confirmed)
  2. :4lucas: (confirmed)
  3. :4feroy: (confirmed)
  4. :4ryu: (confirmed)
Highly expected:
:wolf:
Dream characters:
, Ganondorf (new moveset from Hyrule Warriors, give old moves to Black Shadow), :squirtle:

Last edited:

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
8 king k rool (clearly)
And there's Kremlings in Smash Run, too.

9 shantae (creator wants him and a rumored photo shows her game in amiibo treasure.)
Sorry to go slightly off-topic here, but do you have any further information on this, please?

I'm curious, as a third-party inclusion that isn't the mascot of an old-time Japanese arcade game manufacturer (which is what they all are, to date) would be quite a change from the established norm.

Anyway, for me, my only DLC wishes are King K. Rool and Bandana Waddle Dee, though I support the restoration of all cut veterans, as well.

StormC

Smash Hero
Every creator wants their character in Smash. It's free advertising for the biggest crossover event in the industry. It doesn't make that character more likely.

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725
Ice Climbers and Snake aren't very likely, 3DS issue might not be only problem ICs have, 8-player Smash could also be a problem, and Konami has been a mess lately and new Metal Gear is released to every current console but Wii U and 3DS. Don't know about Shantae's chances.
I believe Sakurai said they were fully working on Wii U, so that would include 8 player, but regardless, I believe this is getting a bit off topic.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
And there's Kremlings in Smash Run, too.

Sorry to go slightly off-topic here, but do you have any further information on this, please?

I'm curious, as a third-party inclusion that isn't the mascot of an old-time Japanese arcade game manufacturer (which is what they all are, to date) would be quite a change from the established norm.

Anyway, for me, my only DLC wishes are King K. Rool and Bandana Waddle Dee, though I support the restoration of all cut veterans, as well.
Theres a few videos on it for explamation

Heres etikas
http://youtu.be/IQrpSLcHYvA

And slightly off-topic for everyone

But sylux may have gained some ground for smash bros

Because the director of metroid said in the real prime sequel for NX (prime 4) they want the story of samus and sylux in that

And also in prime 3's secret ending

The ship you see in it the one that pops out

Turns out the director confessed it was sylux piloting that it was his ship on that ending not dark samus.

Last edited:
NNID
Ridleylash
3DS FC
1736-1657-3905
But sylux may have gained some ground for smash bros

Because the director of metroid said in the real prime sequel for NX (prime 4) they want the story of samus and sylux in that
Knowing this series, I'm certain that Ridley's still going to come back (and if they don't make some bizzare plot twist, Ridley almost certainly will be the main antagonist), so I would not count on him becoming the Metroid newcomer everyone wants. :p
Depending on Sakamoto's design choices, we may see some expansion of Ridley's character in that game, too.

Bananija

Count of Trickery
Knowing this series, I'm certain that Ridley's still going to come back (and if they don't make some bizzare plot twist, Ridley almost certainly will be the main antagonist), so I would not count on him becoming the Metroid newcomer everyone wants. :p
Depending on Sakamoto's design choices, we may see some expansion of Ridley's character in that game, too.
As long as Sylux would be cool :
Inconic villain that appeared in almost every game and was requested for years (Ridley) >>>>>>>> Popular character that appeared in one spin-off and that is probably important in one main series game (Sylux) in terms of Smash likeness.

Burruni

Smash Hero
HERE IT IS, THE KLIMATIC KONKLUSION OF MY K. ROOL KRAFTING FOR KONGBAT.

Statistics
Height: Body is slightly shorter than :4bowser: but the Crown edges out above him.
Weight: 125 (Between :4dk: & :4bowser:)
Ground Speed: 2.0 (:4charizard:)
Air Speed: 1.0 (:rosalina::4littlemac::4robinm::4robinf:)

Basic Moves
Jab Combo: A one-two slash with his claws
Dash Attack: Shoulder Bash (:4ganondorf:, inspired from Frederik)

Get-Up Attack: Spins back up onto his feet (:4wario2:'s)
Ledge Attack: Does a massive slash before climbing up (:4bowser:'s)

U-Tilt: Leaps up, impaling those above him with his crown.
F-Tilt: Strong claw slash
D-Tilt: Rams forward curled up in a ball before standing up (combination of :4sonic: & :4dedede:'s) akin to his boss fights in King of Swing/Jungle Climber.

U-Smash: Opens his jaws wide open above hand beforre a clamping crunch (Klaptrap tier mouth "inflation")
F-Smash: Massive belly bump (Most akin to either :4bowser:'s dropkick or :warioc:'s shoulder bash)
D-Smash: A 360 Hook with boxing gloves (:4littlemac:)

U-Air: Overhead swing with his Scepter from Sluggers
F-Air: Big slash (:4charizard:)
N-Air: Spins in the air with limbs outstretched (:4bowser::4kirby::4duckhunt::4villager:)
B-Air: Blasts with his Blunderbuss (:4rob:'s)
D-Air: Drops a Kannonball underneath him (:4megaman:'s)

Grab & Throw
Grab & Pummel: Sucks in the target with his Blunderbuss (:4pacman:'s but with an inhaling windbox), smacks the barrel of the gun to pummel.
U-Throw: Fires out the target overhead.
F-Throw: Simple shot at a 45 degree angle
B-Throw: Turns around and blasts the target at a Krosshair which does a second, more powerful hit with the iconic "GET OUT!"
D-Throw: Drops the opponent out of the gun before dropping a spiked ball for the actual hit.

Specials
Up B: Baron's Helipack - :4duckhunt:'s Up+B.

Neutral B: Kaptain's Blunderbuss - Fires out a cloud of dust that, if hit, will reverse the horizontal input of the target. Chargable to increase the firing speed of the cloud. Disappears on shield. Overcharge does minor damage to K. Rool in the "hit" animation from the boss fight.

Side B: King's Krown - Simple boomerang, deals more damage at the points of the crown than at the base of it.

Down B: Krusha's Kasplat - Butt-Pound that has almost no leap to it, but releases a stronger shockwave on either side than :4dedede:'s Super Dedede Jump or :4yoshi:'s Ground Pound.

Final Smash: Kannonball Kalamity - King K. Rool fires a warning shot into the air before giant kannonballs rain upon the stage ( :ness2:/:lucas:'s old final smash).

Animations
Entrance: Rides in on his rocket barrel and hops out (:4falcon:)

Walk: A slow primal walk
Run: Full out dash
Crouch: ...Nothing special

Taunt 1: Fake death, twitching on the ground.
Taunt 2: Cycles through his poses from Barrel Blast (:4luigi:'s)
Taunt 3: Triumphant laugh

Victory 1: Rides in on his Rocket Barrel, laughing triumphantly while standing atop it.
Victory 2: Belly-slapping Home Run celebration from Sluggers (:4dedede:/:4wario2:)
Victory 3: Just crossing his arms and laughing (:4ganondorf:)

Defeat: Just throws a tantrum

Last edited:

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
1) From April to october?
:4lucas::4feroy::4ryu::wolf: + Mystery.
5 characters, plus the stages, tournament mode, mii costumes, and any other bits for DLC. They're not working SOLELY on characters for DLC. Also, think about how every character had to have the "crush" animation from Ryu's focus attack. There's a lot of bits and pieces that go into the work at hand.
2) Could they have work prepared for A FORERUNNER of the ballot? Possibly. But WE DON'T KNOW HOW THE WORK IS GOING. So don't claim that they're working on ballot characters now.
3) You don't give a damn. The majority of the Smash community won't be playing Gears 4.
4) No. The NX is so early in development that they don't have information to go OVER sufficient enough until 2016. HUGE DIFFERENCE.
Sorry man...Ow dude i cant tell you how pisses i am that metroid wont come out on Wiiu we gotta wait till NX...

Burruni

Smash Hero
It's certainly unique, Usmash is something I wouldn't think of
It's a good moveset, it's quite detailed and the victory animations fit well with K. Rool.
To be fair, I tried to kinda be creative beyond just what was there because of the fact that he's... legitimately a very cartoony villain. Being able to be a bit goofy with this trickster of a king seemed to be some of the best you could do.
Dammit, he's meant to be a unique fighter!

Last edited:

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
I still like the idea for down-Smash/down-B electrical traps. I feel like emphasizing his traps and gadgets would give K. Rool an obvious niche.

Though in general your moveset was pretty solid, Burrini.

Top Bottom