• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

D

Deleted member

Ah yes, it's nice to see my name still on the list. I fully support the king. We need more heavy characters/villiand/reptiles.

Though I'm auite late to the party, I must say.

Last edited by a moderator:

StormC

Smash Hero
Wolf, Isaac, and Dixie are the only plausible competition I feel. The last one has less to do with her popularity and moreso whether or not Sakurai values Dixie's recency, gender, and only wants to add one DK DLC character. And Wolf we could see as early as August.

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
There's really not any real competition at this point. Odds are we'll get at least 2 ballot characters anyway. Krystal is likely dead in the water right now. Odds are very good Retro is working on a DK game. K. Rool could get announced for Smash at the same time this game is announced; that might be one reason Retro wasn't at E3.

Isaac fans are in a slightly worse situation, but it could actually be a benefit in the sense that a new GS game right now would likely be a bad idea; just like Dark Dawn its too late in the console's lifespan.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
I'd say K. Rool's biggest competition is Sakurai/Nintendo. Not characters who score less in one or both regions, random third parties he'll write off or characters who for all intents and purposes can only hope to compete if "New DK Rep" were topping polls instead of a resounding "K. Rool." If Sakurai has written him off as "not unique" or whatever, or if Miyamoto is pulling strings behind the scenes ensuring the Rare characters left in limbo stay that way (Krystal), we're hopeless.

Not that I think either is supremely likely, but I think both pose bigger threats than other characters, which is why quality persuasive write-ups are of the utmost importance.

Last edited:

Sidboylol

Smash Cadet
I'd say Shantae is becoming a real competitor.
I'll say that Shantae is coming along quite good. But it will be awesome to see K. Rool back in action again.
I just wish that this ballot would be ended sooner than just in October. We still have a long way to go and still wonder who leads now to the 1st place.

RoseyBetch

Smash Journeyman
I'm not worried about K. Rool, honestly. I think he's a shoe-in for one of the ballot characters, as he's clearly one of the most popular characters that is heavily voted for. I think the pre-planned DLC will be Wolf and maybe Isaac or a Rhythm Heaven character, as Isaac was suspiciously removed as an Assist Trophy and the Rhythm Heaven series might have been planned to be represented (if Gematsu was correct about it). For ballot characters, the only one I could see hindering King K. Rool's likelihood is Dixie Kong as a DK rep. However, she's not as voted for even with her recency and I believe if Ryu is any indication, Sakurai will be looking for characters with unique moveset potential. Dixie Kong isn't nearly as special in that regard when compared to K. Rool.

MandoBardanJusik

Smash Ace
Shovel Knight still has only 1 game which has no Japanese release, and has none confirmed to happen before the ballot closes.
Throw in no relationship truly with Nintendo either, its one game currently has other system versions with better features, while Shantae's entire series(prior to the most recent entry) all started as/are Nintendo exclusives

Talpr1

Smash Journeyman
I'd say K. Rool's biggest competition is Sakurai/Nintendo. Not characters who score less in one or both regions, random third parties he'll write off or characters who for all intents and purposes can only hope to compete if "New DK Rep" were topping polls instead of a resounding "K. Rool." If Sakurai has written him off as "not unique" or whatever, or if Miyamoto is pulling strings behind the scenes ensuring the Rare characters left in limbo stay that way (Krystal), we're hopeless.

Not that I think either is supremely likely, but I think both pose bigger threats than other characters, which is why quality persuasive write-ups are of the utmost importance.
Thing is, Krystal is a character that is hated by quite a lot of fans, while almost every fan of DK loves King K. Rool.

About Samurai, I think that he hasn't written him off because of disliking for the character, but because of unfamiliarity. I've become convinced of the fact that DK always gets little content not because he hates the series, but because for some reasons he never seriously bothered to play a DKC game for reasons I'm not sure about. Probably the overwhelming support for King K. Rool will convince him to play some more DK, this time not quitting playing at the first jungle level.

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
or if Miyamoto is pulling strings behind the scenes ensuring the Rare characters left in limbo stay that way
I honestly think that this is the biggest potential problem. Whilst no solid proof has really ever been shown of it, I don't believe it's a coincidence that the rumours that Miyamoto disliked Rare's work with the DK series started proving themselves to apparently be true after Rare departed.

Seriously, look at that old interview again - does that dismissive talk about how the series' main antagonist doesn't really need to come back sound like it really came from such attentive devs as Retro?

D

Deleted member

I agree. Although it is worth noting that Dixie is a Rare character and she managed to come back regardless of Miyamoto and that Krystal was a mixed received character. I don't think Miyamoto is worth being concerned about. It's Sakurai's apathy towards DK that could cost King K. Rool a spot.

TallT

Smash Apprentice
I think Sakurai is the only obstacle in K. Rool's way. He is a really popular choice in the east and west unlike some characters. K. Rool also has the potential for a unique moveset, he is first party, a villain and a DK character which we have few of. I more worried that we may not get K. Rool because of the lack of DK content thus far. It seems as though Sakurai doesn't care for the DK series or at least prefers to put more priority into other series.

Also, I don't think Miyamoto will have any effect on if K. Rool gets into Smash. This is Sakurai's game, and I don't think he is asking Miyamoto for his approval to include characters he did not create.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
If Miyamoto was adamant about not seeing Kremlings again, I highly doubt the DKC games would've gotten re-released, or DKL/DK64 would get a VC release.

And Miyamoto's not the one in charge of Smash, it's Sakurai. Sakurai's made plenty of decisions Nintendo's devs didn't agree with before.

And in regards to Krystal, I'm pretty sure it's less Miyamoto hating her because she's a Rare character but more him wanting to give the game a Starfox 64 feel again. You know how weird he is, too. Probably couldn't justify having more than 4 pilots and didn't wanna stiff any of the originals.

Burruni

Smash Hero
If Miyamoto was adamant about not seeing the Kremlings again

a) We wouldn't have them in Smash Run, if it mattered to Sakurai.

b) Why are the Klaptraps and Kremlings in so many of the Mario Sports games?

Edit: C) Why was there no problem with K. Rool being used by PAON?

Last edited:

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Oh yeah...

*prays for 2 slots for ballots characters*
You and me both, although if I could get what I really want, I'd do four more slots, and have K. Rool, Isaac, Dixie and Shantae, with Dixie being more of a Roy combination of DK and Diddy, with hair moves. Her DSmash seriously needs to be her groundpound attack from Tropical Freeze, but I digress, this isn't the Dixie thread.

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725
You have to keep in mind though, even if King K does win, it doesn't mean Sakurai will put him in. I mean, was it even stated that the winner would be put in or anything remotely similar to that effect? I wouldn't be surprised if Sakurai see's how high Wolf and the Ice Climbers are, and he just decides to add Wolf and fix what's left that's needed with the pretty much finished IC's.

There is also no limit put on DLC slots, stages have an extra page, and they've found that same button on the CSS. I'd be surprised if we see more than two, but don't find it impossible. With Ryu's inclusion, I hope that we have one more 3rd party or fewer.

Last edited:

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
Shovel Knight still has only 1 game which has no Japanese release, and has none confirmed to happen before the ballot closes.
I know but something tells me all that doesnt matter at all...its just something i really see Sakurai would doin aswell as Shantae....its pretty much inevitable imo.

Last edited:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Have any of the Bit.Trip games had a Japanese release? After all, Sm4sh already has a Commander Video trophy.

Last edited:

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
I know but something tells me all that doesnt matter at all...i just really seeing ots something Sakurai would do aswell as Shantae....its pretty much inevitable
No, Shovel Knight isn't getting in, period. He has absolutely nothing going for him, not even popularity anymore, don't worry about it. If it happens, I'll change my username to ShovelKnightWasRight. Officially betting against that.

ZeldaMaster

Smash Lord
I think we'll get Wolf and another preplanned character before August, and then have two ballot characters fully developed and announced next year

Burruni

Smash Hero
Have any of the Bit.Trip games had a Japanese release? After all, Sm4sh already has a Commander Video trophy.
EVERY game has, WiiWare and 3DS (e-Shop)

Here are the ones for Runner.

WiiWare
  • JP September 14, 2010
  • NA May 17, 2010
  • PAL May 14, 2010

Nintendo 3DS
    • JP July 10, 2013
    • NA September 13, 2011
    • EU March 16, 2012

Last edited:

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
Am i the only one who expects the characters to be released in october when they announce that the ballot is over?
It would be pretty ******** if they are like.

''Ow its October! Since April till Now we have been counting votes and talking with our team in what characters should we add we have decied to go with so and so and development on them will begin now expect them in 2016....''

Ehh...No...

Last edited:

Warlock*G

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
0146-9477-0226
Am i the only one who expects the characters to be released in october when they announce that the ballot is over?
It would be pretty ******** if they are like.

''Ow its October! Since April till Now we have been counting votes and talking with our team in what characters should we add we have decied to go with so and so and development on them will begin now expect them in 2016....''

Ehh...No...
No, what is "********" is to establish an official voting period, only to arbitrarily determine which characters get in before said period is finished so that characters can be released earlier.

Zynux

Smash Lord
You have to keep in mind though, even if King K does win, it doesn't mean Sakurai will put him in. I mean, was it even stated that the winner would be put in or anything remotely similar to that effect? I wouldn't be surprised if Sakurai see's how high Wolf and the Ice Climbers are, and he just decides to add Wolf and fix what's left that's needed with the pretty much finished IC's.
True. We have no guarantee at all that the winner of the ballot will even be considered for immediate DLC (they did say they will use the information for Smash 5, I believe), or we will even be made aware that there was a winner.

Most will likely just assume any DLC character after October would have to be the "winner" of the ballot but without seeing hard statistics of the votes we will just have to take their word for it.

So basically, as before, we have no guarantee of anything. Nothing has really changed other than that K. Rool has gotten the word out good enough where even if he misses out here he has a good chance being considered for a new DKC game or Smash 5.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
No, what is "********" is to establish an official voting period, only to arbitrarily determine which characters get in before said period is finished so that characters can be released earlier.
Not really bro...how many char are they adding...does it take 6 months to do that?
No dude...they are working on the ballot chars now to be released at least this year.

I pretty much wont give a damn who gets addrd if this falls in to 2016 because i will be playing Gears of War 4.
Also isnt the NX coming out in 2016???

StormC

Smash Hero
I think we'll get Wolf and another preplanned character before August, and then have two ballot characters fully developed and announced next year
I dunno. Why go from releasing content every other month then stop cold turkey for a whole year?

I could see Wolf released in the fall and Mario 6 in the early winter/spring next year, and the first ballot character by E3 or so.

Also isnt the NX coming out in 2016???
We don't know. It will likely be winter 2017, since that will give the Wii U a five year life cycle like the N64/GCN.

Last edited:
Top Bottom