• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

King*Krool

Smash Apprentice
I've been up for Supporting K. Rool since Melee days. I've also recently been going by the name "King Krool" in California Smash 4 Tournaments in my crew.

Do to my composing career, I'm also going to release an album called "DK: K Rool's Kountry" which is a fully orchestrated Donkey Kong Country 2 album.

That being said, I'm actually quite Konfedent that the King will be announced in August along with the Tourney mode. (Even if it's a short montage).

Sidboylol

Smash Cadet
You know what's sad?
The fact that you guys have been fighting for your King for THREE YEARS, yet Sakurai still ignores your pleas.
I commend you guys for having your heads up high despite that, however. It's just a shame Sakurai hasn't realized how much potential K. Rool has to be a fighter.
Hopefully, the Smash Ballot will change his mind. He's GOT to add K. Rool. A TON of people want him in and with his games being on Virtual Console, now seems like a great time for his grand entrance.
By the way, I'd love to become a supporter.
I think K. Rool was one the most wanted character in Smash Bros since Brawl was in development.
No wonder Sakurai why still ignores that, but now we're working hard on the ballot. It's our last chance to get him in the game. Remember when the dark ages when Megaman got deconfirmed for MVC3, that was heartbreaking. It's June and we have 4 months to go. Time passes so fast.

King_K_Rules

Smash Journeyman
I found another computer while taking a class at a local college and cast another vote for our king, making sure to mention his various persona and unique move set possibilities! LETS DO THIS!

Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Me as well. The cartoon has led me to use "Kuh Rool" instead "Kay Rool". "Kuh Rool" sounds a bit closer to 'cruel' though, so there's that.

:231:

Manic Rykker

Smash Lord
Heya Kremlings. It's been an eternity since I commented in this thread XD

Well, I come here as I have something to show... a few days ago I added a Notable Campaigns section to my Campaign Help thread. (A link to that thread is in my signature, for convenience)

Of course, This very campaign was the first to be added to the line up. Really, how could I not? It has to be one of the largest, and most prominent campaigns in the ballot. Anyway, As I have done with other campaigns added to that section, I'll show a cut of what I wrote for the Kremling King here, so you all can give some opinions on it!:

"Rundown: King K. Rool is the leader of the Kremlings, and nemesis of Donkey Kong. For reasons unknown, the Kremling King constantly harrasses the Kongs of Donkey Kong Island, often attempting to steal the Kong's bananas in hopes of starving them. (Whether he does this to try to take over the Island, or just to be a jerk is beyond me.) He appeared frequently throughout the series, being prominent in every early Donkey Kong Country title, as well as appearing in DK64 and various spinoff titles. He has been absent in recent years, but many fans hope one day the Kremling King will make a comeback...

Smash talk: In terms of Smash, K. Rool is a force to be reckoned with. Having an extremely large campaign, a large fan following, and an impressive moveset pool, this Kroc is definite force in the Smash Ballot.

Combat potential: King K. Rool is a Kroc with a lot of tricks up his sleeves! Through out the titles he appeared in, he took on many personas. In his standard appearance, he could ram into opponents at high speed, and use his crown as a boomerang. He has also posed as a pirate, Frankenstein (calling himself "Baron K. Roolenstein"), and as a boxer. Due to this I can't even list all of his possible attacks! He is one adept Kremling."

Ironically, as I wrote the last part, I really have started to see even more why so many fans want to see the guy join. I already knew he was an important villain in the DK series, but really typing out all the things he has done really sold it for me. So I can honestly say I would LOVE to see this guy in the game! 10 Kremlings out of 10!

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
Me as well. The cartoon has led me to use "Kuh Rool" instead "Kay Rool". "Kuh Rool" sounds a bit closer to 'cruel' though, so there's that.

I could never get used to this myself (and it's funny how in the first episode, Cranky actually pronounces it properly a few times, before that stops for the entire rest of the series), but this has now set me wondering: Even though it's obviously there primarily to be punny, did any official sources confirm if the "K." (retrospectively) actually stands for anything? :laugh:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I could never get used to this myself (and it's funny how in the first episode, Cranky actually pronounces it properly a few times, before that stops for the entire rest of the series), but this has now set me wondering: Even though it's obviously there primarily to be punny, did any official sources confirm if the "K." (retrospectively) actually stands for anything? :laugh:
Not that I know of.

The thing that got me using "Kuh Rool" is probably because of the way Klump said it. :laugh: Not that K. Rool's VA was better. (General Kllllummmmp. :p)

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
Not that I know of.
Aw.

I always thought it'd be hilarious if his initial actually stood for a name that was rather ordinary compared to the rest of the character, like say, Kenneth or something. :laugh:

The thing that got me using "Kuh Rool" is probably because of the way Klump said it. :laugh: Not that K. Rool's VA was better. (General Kllllummmmp. :p)

I absolutely love K. Rool's voice-casting in the show, I must admit. It's one of the stand-out things, for me.

AtomTrap

Smash Rookie
Does anyone know exactly what page in this thread when everyone learned about the ballots. I want to see the first reactions.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Does anyone know exactly what page in this thread when everyone learned about the ballots. I want to see the first reactions.
Here. The contrast between one user saying "we're not getting DLC other than Mewtwo" and "HOLY ****, SMASH BALLOT!" is just beautiful.

PocketCookie

Smash Rookie
Today I was imagining what it would be like to see the King K. Rool reveal, and it literally brought tears to my eyes.
Please Sakurai, stop making me cry crocodile tears.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Sakurai HAS to add K. Rool now, you know him and his thing for anime characters.
But...of all the characters in Smash, only Captain Falcon and Marth were actually in an anime...

I'd say Ryu, but his stuff seemed more like western animation.

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
But...of all the characters in Smash, only Captain Falcon and Marth were actually in an anime...

I'd say Ryu, but his stuff seemed more like western animation.
Anime style looking characters but I'm guessing you know that already. I still don't get why people hate these characters. Oh no! A Japanese hairstyle. Must be an anime character! Haters gonna hate. #KawaiiKRool

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Fun fact. The first localized Fire Emblem thing was that anime.

Kawai
Huh. The more you know.

Actually, hold on one ****in' second. All of the Pokemon are "anime" characters.

...The Pokemon are more "animu" than all of the Fire Emblem cast, KI cast and Shulk combined! :troll:

I'd ****ing kill for there to actually be a Xenoblade anime...

IggyKoopa66

Smash Cadet
NNID
Keemie
K. Rool is Nintendo's only western developed major series villain. He should get in based on still having Bowser status despite efforts to get rid of him. Like a cockroach he will always survive!

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
K. Rool is Nintendo's only western developed major series villain. He should get in based on still having Bowser status despite efforts to get rid of him. Like a cockroach he will always survive!
Woah! Calm down. Bowser status is the most recognizable villain in video game history. K Rool isn't on that level. He's more around the Ganondorf level (most gamers know who he is).

Top Bottom