• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

Steelia

Smash Champion
Maybe, just maybe, we'll see Roy in tomorrow's Direct. It would make sense to show a predominantly Japanese-favored character in a Japanese Direct, like what happened with Shulk, and a Direct is a way better place to showcase him than a dinky concert.
This is exactly what I've been thinking, just not exactly what I'm expecting. Unless the FE concert is shown live, it'll be pretty difficult to sell a character not many people are aware was even revealed at such a closed event.

OT, not expecting K. Rool at all tomorrow, let alone any other newcomers :p

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Sorry, Jai.
I've got my loyalty to K. Rool first.
I namely brought up the fact that he's a long running villain who's been in high demand since Melee.
No, I just felt it was ironic that you bought Dark Dawn then convinced someone about K. Rool. Its just kinda funny. But K. Rool is the one I've vying for first and foremost. Isaac is second. I can't say he's close (K. Rool is far and beyond everything else), but Isaac I want significantly more than anyone other than Rool, so he's not a distant second either. He's just... second lol.

K. Rool all the way first and foremost. Then Isaac. ^^

This is exactly what I've been thinking, just not exactly what I'm expecting. Unless the FE concert is shown live, it'll be pretty difficult to sell a character not many people are aware was even revealed at such a closed event.

OT, not expecting K. Rool at all tomorrow, let alone any other newcomers :p
Lol, I don't think anyone is really expecting K. Rool. Its more getting Roy out of the way for a potential E3 reveal.

Last edited:

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
No, I just felt it was ironic that you bought Dark Dawn then convinced someone about K. Rool. Its just kinda funny. But K. Rool is the one I've vying for first and foremost. Isaac is second. I can't say he's close (K. Rool is far and beyond everything else), but Isaac I want significantly more than anyone other than Rool, so he's not a distant second either. He's just... second lol.

K. Rool all the way first and foremost. Then Isaac. ^^
Same here if you don't count that one big elephant or should I say highly intelligent dinosaur space pirate leader that killed a certain bounty hunter's parents. If you know what I mean.

StormC

Smash Hero
It would be trivial for Nintendo Of America to upload the Roy trailer to Twitter after the fact and make it go viral.

BowserK.Rool

Smash Champion
What's all this talk about a new nintendo direct tomorrow, is it going to be shown here in NA as well? If so what time?

NNID
AwesomeCauliflwr
3DS FC
0576-6167-0092
I think there is a very good chance we could see Roy's reveal or maybe Lucas' release date. The latter being more likely. No chance in hell we'll be getting anything DK related though.

Last edited:

DJ3DS

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0602-6256-9118
Yeah, K Rool isn't appearing before at least E3 - and if he appears in E3, it will almost certainly be a "We've seen your votes, this is the character from the ballot we're going to work on first" deal, rather than anything approximating playable footage.

StormC

Smash Hero
and if he appears in E3, it will almost certainly be a "We've seen your votes, this is the character from the ballot we're going to work on first" deal, rather than anything approximating playable footage.
Or in the next Donkey Kong game.

:dk:

LunarDistortion

Lord of the Nigelchu's
NNID
Lunar_Distortion
3DS FC
4639-9294-0127
Switch FC
SW-4041-3028-0448
I doubt he will be shown at E3, the earliest I could see K. Rool or another Ballot fighter announced is maybe August.

Last edited:

Rattle-Kalimba

Smash Apprentice
I also do not see him getting announced before E3 or even at E32015. Nintendo will probably show Wolf first because of the new Star Fox Game. The only way I can see KKR happening, is, if their will be a new DK-Game featuring him and also coming at the end of 2015. But otherwise... yeah, I can not see this happening. Nintendo want's to promote their franchises. I think even if KKR will win the ballot, he will only than come, if their is something Nintendo can promote with him.

DJ3DS

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0602-6256-9118
I also do not see him getting announced before E3 or even at E32015. Nintendo will probably show Wolf first because of the new Star Fox Game. The only way I can see KKR happening, is, if their will be a new DK-Game featuring him and also coming at the end of 2015. But otherwise... yeah, I can not see this happening. Nintendo want's to promote their franchises. I think even if KKR will win the ballot, he will only than come, if their is something Nintendo can promote with him.
So: even if King K Rool is the winner of the ballot by a massive margin, but hasn't got something in the works for him, then Nintendo will choose someone else? This is the logic I understand from your post.

I do not expect to see K Rool in anything close to approximating playable form at E3 (or earlier). But something akin to the Mewtwo announcement for the first DLC newcomer? I think it's plausible. It still leaves plenty of room for a hype reveal trailer later, doesn't need much work put in to generate massive buzz, and renews interest in the ballot, especially from all the people who voted for the character who then rush off to vote for their #2. If it happens I'll probably throw a vote each way for Dixie and Isaac.

Dustydog96

Smash Ace
I love how everyone speculated all this "smash" related news in this direct and we got nothing smash-related at all. To no surprise in my opinion considering I don't think Nintendo Japan would release Smash news to JUST japan exclusively knowing how popular smash is here in the Americas/Europe. Pretty sure they're saving all the Smash/AnnualPokemon game hype for E3 guys, and if we do get news before that it will be about Lucas's release date.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I love how everyone speculated all this "smash" related news in this direct and we got nothing smash-related at all. To no surprise in my opinion considering I don't think Nintendo Japan would release Smash news to JUST japan exclusively knowing how popular smash is here in the Americas/Europe.
First of all, Shulk was revealed in a Japan exclusive direct, second, it was dumb to expect smash news as E3 is near and the fact Sakurai didn't tweet about the direct

Dustydog96

Smash Ace
First of all, Shulk was revealed in a Japan exclusive direct, second, it was dumb to expect smash news as E3 is near and the fact Sakurai didn't tweet about the direct
That's true but everyone was expecting this MASSIVE Roy/Ryu smash hype and wasn't Xenoblade MUCH more popular and heard of in Japan during the time he was announced? So it obviously makes sense why he was anounced in a Japanese direct. Roy was more exclusively Japanese-known but not anymore, and I don't even have to mention how popular Ryu is here in America.

Last edited:

Burruni

Smash Hero
That's true but everyone was expecting this MASSIVE Roy/Ryu smash hype and wasn't Xenoblade MUCH more popular and heard of in Japan during the time he was announced? So it obviously makes sense why he was anounced in a Japanese direct. Roy was more exclusively Japanese-known but not anymore, and I don't even have to mention how popular Ryu is here in America.
"Much" is subjective. But it had more of a following in Japan due to Nintendo's bad business handling on the localization of Xenoblade Chronicles. It WAS the game that fanboys managed to actually get localized.... which is impressive given Nintendo's track history.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I love how everyone speculated all this "smash" related news in this direct and we got nothing smash-related at all. To no surprise in my opinion considering I don't think Nintendo Japan would release Smash news to JUST japan exclusively knowing how popular smash is here in the Americas/Europe. Pretty sure they're saving all the Smash/AnnualPokemon game hype for E3 guys, and if we do get news before that it will be about Lucas's release date.
Hey, I thought it was possible. But the fact remains... they still announced quite a bit of crap that "should have" in theory not been Japanese exclusive, so honestly, I'd say it was perfectly fair to think it was possible to get Smash news. We got f***ing Mario and Sonic Rio announced in this Direct, and Japan HATES Sonic. The game in question doesn't really have anything of note for it to be announced in a Japan only Direct, either.

Burruni

Smash Hero
Hey, I thought it was possible. But the fact remains... they still announced quite a bit of crap that "should have" in theory not been Japanese exclusive, so honestly, I'd say it was perfectly fair to think it was possible to get Smash news. We got f***ing Mario and Sonic Rio announced in this Direct, and Japan HATES Sonic. The game in question doesn't really have anything of note for it to be announced in a Japan only Direct, either.
Then how was he such a popular demand for Brawl?

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Er, last time I checked they were indifferent to the blue blur
I just meant that Japan doesn't really care for Sonic all that much. Perhaps "hate" is too strong a word, but they don't care at all. Sonic is more of a western thing. So its extremely odd they'd announce it in a Japanese only direct of all things.

Then how was he such a popular demand for Brawl?
Overwhelming popularity literally everywhere else. Sonic has extremely mixed reception in Japan, but he's got tons of love in both Europe and NA, Europe more than anything.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
I just meant that Japan doesn't really care for Sonic all that much. Perhaps "hate" is too strong a word, but they don't care at all. Sonic is more of a western thing. So its extremely odd they'd announce it in a Japanese only direct of all things.

Overwhelming popularity literally everywhere else. Sonic has extremely mixed reception in Japan, but he's got tons of love in both Europe and NA, Europe more than anything.
So indifferent was the word you meant. Besides, it has Mario, so that's a good reason

Dustydog96

Smash Ace
I'm salty AF we got NO release date for America on Dr. Mario!?!???!? And it also pisses me off that Dr. Luigi is in the game too, like.... Dr. Luigi... STAY IN YOUR OWN GAME ON WII U. Dr. Mario has SO much more classic style than Dr. Luigi. Dr. Luigi only happened because of the year of luigi if I'm not mistaken, and THAT WAS IN 2013 DAMMNNNNN HIS YEAR NEVER ENDSSSSSS T_____________T

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
I'm salty AF we got NO release date for America on Dr. Mario!?!???!? And it also pisses me off that Dr. Luigi is in the game too, like.... Dr. Luigi... STAY IN YOUR OWN GAME ON WII U. Dr. Mario has SO much more classic style than Dr. Luigi. Dr. Luigi only happened because of the year of luigi if I'm not mistaken, and THAT WAS IN 2013 DAMMNNNNN HIS YEAR NEVER ENDSSSSSS T_____________T
Er, Japanese exclusive things aren't supposed to have American release dates, and Luigi is the better character if you ask fans

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Er, Japanese exclusive things aren't supposed to have American release dates, and Luigi is the better character if you ask fans
Do you honestly believe that Mario and Sonic Rio is Japanese exclusive?

Dr. Mario 3DS is yet another thing that's odd in a Japanese only Direct. It'll probably get announced at E3 for the west.

Burruni

Smash Hero
Do you honestly believe that Mario and Sonic Rio is Japanese exclusive?

Dr. Mario 3DS is yet another thing that's odd in a Japanese only Direct. It'll probably get announced at E3 for the west.
I think they meant that here's no reason for a western date in the Japan-only direct.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I think they meant that here's no reason for a western date in the Japan-only direct.
Yeah, that's a better wording. Obviously we won't get a release date yet; probably at E3.

Should have worded that better, as the Direct WAS Japan exclusive. I hope we at least get Chibi Robo
I think we'll get Chibi Robo.

Another note: Once again, Diddy Kong is in a Mario spinoff. They're certainly not trying to remove him from Mario spinoffs. SO WHY THE HELL ISN'T HE IN MK8?!

Burruni

Smash Hero
Yeah, that's a better wording. Obviously we won't get a release date yet; probably at E3.

I think we'll get Chibi Robo.

Another note: Once again, Diddy Kong is in a Mario spinoff. They're certainly not trying to remove him from Mario spinoffs. SO WHY THE HELL ISN'T HE IN MK8?!
He sold his spot to Pink Gold Peach in exchange for being Overpowered for a stretch of time in Smash 4.

Top Bottom