• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
RealTalk Guys i been thinking.
I dont know about how you lot feel about the Ballot...but if K.Rool doesnt get added then this whole Ballot to me has been a peice of Stained monkey turd probly left by Cranky in his young ol' days.

And it would have made no difference if they announced the Ballot or not thats how much i wouldnt give a Monkey Crankey Turd.

If Wolf and or Snake come back it would be Dope..but they are veterans so .. yh...

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
I'll point out that the Ballot will be running for months, from which whoever is in charge of it can decide who is worth adding, and it'd be a waste to add only one character. Of course, KKR is going to be a front runner, so the only real obstacle to any character's inclusion is (probably) Sakurai himself, but unlike some of past speculation's other (in)famous front-runners, KKR really doesn't have any truly negative points such as size, AND his Kampaign has caught the attention of Retro themselves as well as select staff members.

I still think Rool has among the highest chances for inclusion, all things considered.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I dont know about how you lot feel about the Ballot...but if K.Rool doesnt get added then this whole Ballot to me has been a peice of Stained monkey turd probly left by Cranky in his young ol' days.
Quite a colourful metaphor.

K. Rool is very likely if the ballot is not a farce. And the ballot turning out to be a farce would be a PR suicide. And I'm pretty sure Nintendo wouldn't want that.

:231:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Now if Inkling gets in I cannot get the "You're a Kid, you're a Squid" thing out of my head... :urg:

So now more reasons for King K.Rool to make it in more than ever.

DJ3DS

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0602-6256-9118
Any particular reason for the sudden negative swing? The ballot is still great for K Rool. I have faith that both K Rool will be one of the most popular first party characters (I am not worried about 3rd parties because unless there is someone with Sonic levels of support I think first parties will be chosen every time) so will get Nintendo's attention, and that Nintendo aren't going to be unfair with the ballot. Historically they've had a good record of putting in the top requests.

KevN くコ:彡

Smash Journeyman
Since the ballot goes until October, I had a thought that they would wait until maybe a month or two before it ends, announce the top contenders, and let us vote from those choices. If K.Rool is not one of those top choices, I will be shocked.

Last edited:

SuperiorYoshi87

Smash Lord
NNID
AVENGERxTHOR
Idunno I could see Ballot characters being shown or hinted too before the deadline. By E3 the ballot would have been going for 2 and a half months that's a longtime you figure if certain characters votes are flooding in then they could come to the conclusion that the character is a fan favorite and start working on them plus announcing a ballot characters every couple months would help filter out votes for whoever they announce. That way they could see other contenders. They could see it as if fanss get K. Rool who do they want almost as much or something of that nature. Surely voting has died down by now aside from maybe people vote spamming. Announcing a character from the ballot would get people hype to vote and keep Smash in the spot light more.

Last edited:

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny
Eugh, how come no one brought it up in the last 2 years? :laugh:

:231:
LOL, I did. I came by and posted this years back:
I hope K.Rool gets his tail. He looks like an obese frog with jagged teeth when he doesn't have it.

I think Sakurai would have to be pressed for time to choose this route.

EDIT: I love K.Rool and want him playable, but I refuse to join the KKK.

StormC

Smash Hero
Idunno I could see Ballot characters being shown or hinted too before the deadline. By E3 the ballot would have been going for 2 and a half months that's a longtime you figure if certain characters votes are flooding in then they could come to the conclusion that the character is a fan favorite and start working on them plus announcing a ballot characters every couple months would help filter out votes for whoever they announce. That way they could see other contenders. They could see it as if fanss get K. Rool who do they want almost as much or something of that nature. Surely voting has died down by now aside from maybe people vote spamming. Announcing a character from the ballot would get people hype to vote and keep Smash in the spot light more.
Well, if you look at the five Marios in the Mewtwo files, there's a good chance that they already have enough preplanned characters to last 2015 so they wouldn't have to start development on ballot characters until October, or close to it.

EDIT: Oops, didn't mean to double post.

Last edited:

toadster101

Banned via Warnings
NNID
toadster101
3DS FC
1891-1323-0892
So, I went to Toys 'R' Us this morning to get a Wario Amiibo and a copy of Splatoon + Inklings. There were at least 40 people standing in line before the store opened, 90% of which were grown men. Disgusting. The "neckbeard" stereotypes are real. The fat Asian scalper from last time was there, but they imposed a "one of each" limit per customer. Anyway... I met a few people who told me that they voted for K. Rool in the ballot, then I yelled "VOTE K. ROOL" as I left the store. Good times.

I should have brought a can of Febreze with me.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
So, I went to Toys 'R' Us this morning to get a Wario Amiibo and a copy of Splatoon + Inklings. There were at least 40 people standing in line before the store opened, 90% of which were grown men. Disgusting. The "neckbeard" stereotypes are real. The fat Asian scalper from last time was there, but they imposed a "one of each" limit per customer. Anyway... I met a few people who told me that they voted for K. Rool in the ballot, then I yelled "VOTE K. ROOL" as I left the store. Good times.
I heard Japan's supply of Splatoon has gone dry, Nintendo didn't anticipate high sales. No excuses though, they even got Splatoon yogurt

Burruni

Smash Hero
I heard Japan's supply of Splatoon has gone dry, Nintendo didn't anticipate high sales. No excuses though, they even got Splatoon yogurt
Man.
Nintendo underanticpating the demand for a new IP in a country and thus the game has more demand than copies made?
When have we EVER heard of that before?

:4shulk:

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
I'll point out that the Ballot will be running for months, from which whoever is in charge of it can decide who is worth adding, and it'd be a waste to add only one character. Of course, KKR is going to be a front runner, so the only real obstacle to any character's inclusion is (probably) Sakurai himself, but unlike some of past speculation's other (in)famous front-runners, KKR really doesn't have any truly negative points such as size, AND his Kampaign has caught the attention of Retro themselves as well as select staff members.

I still think Rool has among the highest chances for inclusion, all things considered.
Let me say what i think is gonna happen.
In June we will get Lucas ofc everyone lnows this it is also E3.
Roy & Ryu will be shown here release date i dunno im thinking August.

Im fairly confident we will get atleast Wolf back then that is it for veteran returns.

In October the Ballot will close also Nintendo Directs are every 2 months they will be one in October the Ballot will Close and we will get 1 or 2 chars out of it.

Not gonna say who because i dont give a damn if they are not Ridley or K.Rool

But yh this is exactly what i think is gonna happen.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Japan sold out on Splatoon? The game or just the Amiibo? (Or everything?)
The game
http://mynintendonews.com/2015/05/2...tendo-issues-apology-and-promises-more-stock/
Man.
Nintendo underanticpating the demand for a new IP in a country and thus the game has more demand than copies made?
When have we EVER heard of that before?

:4shulk:
Operation Rainfall is basically why I considered Shulk likely. Not to mention how Xenoblade was Gamestop exclusive. At least it meant Europe did VA work (dat British tho)

Last edited:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815

I should have brought a can of Febreze with me.
But we're there awkward reactions after that? :cheep:

StormC

Smash Hero
In October the Ballot will close also Nintendo Directs are every 2 months they will be one in October the Ballot will Close and we will get 1 or 2 chars out of it.
I dunno, I think Mewtwo was a special case of showing off a very early character to incite people to buy the Wii U version. I doubt he was in development for more than a month after the 3DS version released, going by Sakurai's interviews.

Any particular reason for the sudden negative swing? The ballot is still great for K Rool. I have faith that both K Rool will be one of the most popular first party characters (I am not worried about 3rd parties because unless there is someone with Sonic levels of support I think first parties will be chosen every time) so will get Nintendo's attention, and that Nintendo aren't going to be unfair with the ballot. Historically they've had a good record of putting in the top requests.
For me, at least, it's keeping my optimism in check.

K. Rool pretty much went from "plausible" to "a pipe dream" for me the moment Tropical Freeze was announced at E3 2013. Two years later, the idea that he's now the most requested Nintendo newcomer for Smash DLC blows my mind, but I don't want to get cocky and have high expectations. In the chance/want thread, I gave K. Rool a 75% chance, which is to say, in 100 universes with Smash DLC, I think K. Rool will be in 75 of them.

That said, I don't think any other character has been directly and openly noticed by Nintendo staff like K. Rool did thanks to Retro Studios following the Kremling Kampaign Twitter, so we definitely have a foot up in that regard. Sakurai even said when he added Sonic to Brawl that he was a character more requested in the west than in Japan.

Last edited:

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
Not sure if anybody has heard about this, but Nintendo is having a Japanese Direct on the 31st of this Month:

http://mynintendonews.com/2015/05/29/nintendo-direct-planned-for-japan-on-may-31st/

From this ^:

"Well, this is curious timing. Just before E3 Nintendo of Japan will be hosting a Nintendo Direct which will focus on Wii U and Nintendo 3DS titles that are due for release this summer. It’s unlikely to contain any surprises with the E3 Nintendo Digital Event coming up, but it should be worth a watch."

Twitter post for it by Nintendo themselves: https://twitter.com/hashtag/NintendoDirectJP?src=hash

Image used:

Dustydog96

Smash Ace
While Amiibo hunting thismorning (i managed to get greninja, wario, silver mario, & PacMan) I was talking with a few people in the line outside of the store and right as I mentioned "I want K. Rool for Smash" this girl right next to me was like YESSSSSS lollll I'm in florida, so there's support everywhere and anywhere!

Last edited:

Xzsmmc

Smash Champion
While Amiibo hunting thismorning (i managed to get greninja, wario, silver mario, & PacMan) I was talking with a few people in the line outside of the store and right as I mentioned "I want K. Rool for Smash" this girl right next to me was like YESSSSSS lollll I'm in florida, so there's support everywhere and anywhere!
When I went to Smashfest nearly a year ago (holy spit it was that long ago?) I chatted with a few people in line about K. Rool, and everyone was pretty supportive of him. I think his haters and naysayers are a pretty small minority.

Last edited:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Not sure if anybody has heard about this, but Nintendo is having a Japanese Direct on the 31st of this Month:

http://mynintendonews.com/2015/05/29/nintendo-direct-planned-for-japan-on-may-31st/

From this ^:

"Well, this is curious timing. Just before E3 Nintendo of Japan will be hosting a Nintendo Direct which will focus on Wii U and Nintendo 3DS titles that are due for release this summer. It’s unlikely to contain any surprises with the E3 Nintendo Digital Event coming up, but it should be worth a watch."

Twitter post for it by Nintendo themselves: https://twitter.com/hashtag/NintendoDirectJP?src=hash

Image used:
So, what time will this Direct be?

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
All of those Smash fans supporting K. Rool don't count because, in case you've forgotten, K. Rool fans only exist online.

Warlock*G

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
0146-9477-0226
All of those Smash fans supporting K. Rool don't count because, in case you've forgotten, K. Rool fans only exist online.
I should have known that I actually stopped existing offline back in 1997, when i first started using the Internet. That weird sensation of emptiness when that **** 56k modem made these bleeping noises... the cold stare of the screen upon my (then) youthful, innocent eyes...

All of my offline life these past 18 years has been an illusion! *sob*

Last edited:

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
I'm just waiting for them to see who wins the ballot and is getting in.

In my mind, it could go one of two ways.

The first way is that the ballot was an idea of the Smash team, and Sakurai is supportive of it. This means that no matter who wins, they would have to have the Sakurai Seal of Approval to get in, even if they are in 1st place.

The other way is that Sakurai was told to do the ballot by Nintendo higher-ups. This would mean that Sakurai doesn't really want to do the ballot, but has to, because if he refuses Nintendo will tell him to gtfo and will just make another developer do it, and Sakurai doesn't want to see someone else handle Smash. Sakurai would have basically no control, and whoever wins the polls gets in. In this scenario, hypothetically, Ridley would be added toy he game as playable if he was high enough on the ballot, and Sakurai would be forced by his employers to make him.

I personally believe the reality is somewhere in between. Either way, I think K. Rool is pretty darn likely, though I have a small feeling that Sakurai may not be a huge fan, seeing as he was one of the biggest requests for Smash 4, and didn't make it in the base game.

StormC

Smash Hero
I personally believe the reality is somewhere in between.
Here are Iwata's exact words:

Iwata said:
I imagine that you may have some fighters in mind yourself. Can you think of anyone you'd like to see fight against characters like Mario and Link in Super Smash Bros.? Well, after discussing it with Smash Bros. director Masahiro Sakurai, we've decided to open the new Smash Bros. fighter ballot.
So take that as you will.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
There were at least 40 people standing in line before the store opened, 90% of which were grown men. Disgusting..
You're a grown man going for the same reason.

Just saying. :troll:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
The other way is that Sakurai was told to do the ballot by Nintendo higher-ups. This would mean that Sakurai doesn't really want to do the ballot, but has to, because if he refuses Nintendo will tell him to gtfo and will just make another developer do it, and Sakurai doesn't want to see someone else handle Smash
Boo ****ing hoo, he has said that this is his last game twice. You can't say "I'll stop making this" and whine when Nintendo gets someone else, Sakurai didn't even know about Brawl until it was announced to the public!

SuperiorYoshi87

Smash Lord
NNID
AVENGERxTHOR
You know Nintendo is paying Sakurai the big bucks to work on te DLC....Smash is their biggest cash flow next to Mario Kart.

Sakurai is committed to DLC right now and he said he wanted do as much as he could "for the fans", in my mind if there's a character the fans want the most he would add him

Yea I know fans wanted Ridley but the thing is......aside from Sakurais reasoning to not add him he was primarily requested in the West. While I'm not saying that Sakurai could care less about western requests it's certainly a boon to characters to be requested in the east and west like my good friend King K. Rool

Last edited:

Dustydog96

Smash Ace
I'm really hoping for some smash news this japanese direct. If K. Rool actually got announced in two days how would you all react? I'd personally brag super hard on every social media possible and fantasize about what he'll be like in game for a few hours while listening to music.

Top Bottom