• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Had "FE-ROY4DLC" in For Glory today. Met someone who replied with "KROOL4DLC". Told him that I "VOTED" and he replied "NICE".

Seems like K.Rool-fans are quite out there.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
I wear the nametag "VOTEK.ROOL" into all my For Glory matches. A decent number of people taunt in acknowledgment when they see it, although one guy changed his name to "NO.INKLING" in response. Killjoy.

FancySmash

Smash Lord
Honestly, King K. Rool looks to be the biggest contender in the ballot. They'd foolish to see this and say "nah, let's just add the next one on the ballot."

Even though I'm not the biggest K. Rool supporter, I definitely wouldn't mind seeing him come to Smash. But if the scenario above actually happens, I'd actually be pretty upset.

In retrospect, this is probably a bad idea to bring up, but what would you guys do if said scenario did happen?

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
Honestly, King K. Rool looks to be the biggest contender in the ballot. They'd foolish to see this and say "nah, let's just add the next one on the ballot."

Even though I'm not the biggest K. Rool supporter, I definitely wouldn't mind seeing him come to Smash. But if the scenario above actually happens, I'd actually be pretty upset.

In retrospect, this is probably a bad idea to bring up, but what would you guys do if said scenario did happen?
What scenario, No Inklings or Mario Politics, cuz personally I'd love Mario Politics (I don't like politics in real life but wutevah)
No Inklings would suck.

toadster101

Banned via Warnings
NNID
toadster101
3DS FC
1891-1323-0892
I wear the nametag "VOTEK.ROOL" into all my For Glory matches. A decent number of people taunt in acknowledgment when they see it, although one guy changed his name to "NO.INKLING" in response. Killjoy.
I've been using the same name since April 1st. I encountered some guy the other night who changed his name to "Vote-Shrek" after he saw my K. Rool name, then I changed mine to "FARQUAAD" after I won the match. With DK, might I add. Flawless victory.

StormC

Smash Hero
This is a good idea. I have my streetpass message set as that, too.

FancySmash

Smash Lord
What scenario, No Inklings or Mario Politics, cuz personally I'd love Mario Politics (I don't like politics in real life but wutevah)
No Inklings would suck.
Oh, sorry. I meant the scenario I set up, that K. Rool would be the winner of the ballot, but then being put aside for the next character (2nd place) on the ballot as the choice to include. If he isn't included, with all this fan support, I'd just feel a bit betrayed.

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
Oh, sorry. I meant the scenario I set up, that K. Rool would be the winner of the ballot, but then being put aside for the next character (2nd place) on the ballot as the choice to include. If he isn't included, with all this fan support, I'd just feel a bit betrayed.
But wut bout dem Mario Politics. With DKC DLC (really great rhyme btw) at launch. And microtransactions.

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere

BREAKING NEWS! Monkey ninjas have raided DK's banana horde!:laugh: They were probably out looking for a snack, while they were STEALING THE CRYSTAL COCONUT!:eek::cry:
Cranky: WHAT ARE YOU BAFOONS SITTING AROUND FOR!? WE NEED TO GET THE CRYSTAL COCONUT BACK! IT HAS MAGICAL POWERS AND IF IN THE WRONG HANDS...
:4diddy:: Well at least Krool, Scurvy, and Bluster didn't steal it this time.
:4dk:: BUT THEY STOLE MY BANANAS!
Bluster: This looks like a job for Bluster the benevolent.
Krool: Oh no, Nobody but me can steal the crystal coconut, thus I want you to find the vile monkeys that robbed me of my coconut.
Cranky: Hold on Krool, that's not your coconut, its Donkey Kong's after all Inka Dinka Do picked him, don't ask me why, to be the future ruler of Kongo bongo island.
Krool: Well then take a look at these images of the culprits, if any of you know who's behind this, tell me and I'll take out the monkey scum, and reclaim my Crystal Coconut. After all,
So find me the leader of these monkeys so I can crush them
Camera9
Camera10

Camera11
Camera12

Camera13
Camera14

Camera 15

Camera16

Steelia

Smash Champion
They were clearly saying they didn't want Inklings for Smash, what's wrong with that?

:p

MandoBardanJusik

Smash Ace
Rool will team up with anyone in Sluggers... So we'll just say he's teaming up with Mario. Also notice how K. Rool is the player with the most enemies in the game, he has bad chemistry with all the Kongs and Bowser. (The latter because of competition in the world domination market)

Things like that make me wonder if Peach has to play nice with K. Rool politically like how some world powers have to play nice with leaders who are obviously evil simply because their both enemies of another. That'd be worth exploring in an RPG...
Well, Doctor Doom has diplomatic immunity in most countries, I wonder if K.Rool does as well

King_K_Rules

Smash Journeyman
It's called Kongtext. It's the actual font from the actual games! I found it googling a while ago.

KevN くコ:彡

Smash Journeyman
I like to do that as well. I usually get responses like, "I WILL" or "ALREADYDID".

StormC

Smash Hero
It'd be amazing if there was a specific victory animation for K. Rool beating DK that replicated that scene.

Jurae818

Smash Journeyman
This one is less good because I just took it from a YouTube video, but hey, Donkey Kong!

I gotta come in and make a statement regarding K. Rool's height. I think he should be bigger than Bowser and taller as well. Only because of the contrast with him and DK at times. I get Bowser's a big, bad brute but so is K. Rool. Though K. Rool IS agile. It's more his height than his weight. That mock up, while nice rubs me the wrong way.

I can't imagine him not standing tall like the King he is. I think he should be slightly taller than Ganondorf.

StormC

Smash Hero
If he gets more than slightly taller his head will clip through Battlefield platforms. Refer to my previous mockup on that.

Last edited:

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
He needs to face partly toward the screen like Bowser so more of his belly and mass can fit onto the stage without making him tall enough to clip through Battlefield's platforms (which for some reason seem to be a barometer that's used). Having K. Rool just face forward forces his legs and body to be shrunk to the point where he looks just like a normal Kremling enemy vs. their leader.

NNID
AwesomeCauliflwr
3DS FC
0576-6167-0092
I gotta come in and make a statement regarding K. Rool's height. I think he should be bigger than Bowser and taller as well. Only because of the contrast with him and DK at times. I get Bowser's a big, bad brute but so is K. Rool. Though K. Rool IS agile. It's more his height than his weight. That mock up, while nice rubs me the wrong way.

I can't imagine him not standing tall like the King he is. I think he should be slightly taller than Ganondorf.
I think that yes he should be bigger, but only slightly, very slightly and DK should be shrunk down a bit.

StormC

Smash Hero
He needs to face partly toward the screen like Bowser so more of his belly and mass can fit onto the stage without making him tall enough to clip through Battlefield's platforms (which for some reason seem to be a barometer that's used). Having K. Rool just face forward forces his legs and body to be shrunk to the point where he looks just like a normal Kremling enemy vs. their leader.
Well, I would consider it a barometer for three reasons.

1. Battlefield is the "default" stage of the game, and not only that, but platforms in the game rarely if ever go lower than the height the lowest platforms do (compare it to Wario Ware, Smashville, etc.). And because of that, there should be minimal...
2. Clipping. Minor things like Bowser's hair and K. Rool's crown clipping are fine, but the actual body of the character clipping is not only visually tacky (especially if it's things like their eyes), but brings problems with...
3. Hitboxes. If a character's head is clipping through the platform, someone standing on it would be able to hurt them pretty easily with down tilts, d-airs, etc., when they otherwise wouldn't be able to.

Personally, as someone who mains Bowser and Ganondorf, characters getting much bigger than them would make me anxious. I'd rather not see a size creep in Smash Bros., as these type of characters already have problems with being comboed and ganged up on. Even bigger characters would either amplify these problems, or be given tools that run the risk of making the characters overpowered. Then you factor in things like 3+ person multiplayer and Smash's complex stage design, and I feel it could be a serious problem.

Rant aside, your point about K. Rool facing the camera is well heeded. Maybe something more like this...?

Speaking of Kremlings, I wonder if their massive size in Smash Run might make the team doubt K. Rool's inclusion:

Last edited:

SuperiorYoshi87

Smash Lord
NNID
AVENGERxTHOR

1. Battlefield is the "default" stage of the game, and not only that, but platforms in the game rarely if ever go lower than the height the lowest platforms do (compare it to Wario Ware, Smashville, etc.). And because of that, there should be minimal...
2. Clipping. Minor things like Bowser's hair and K. Rool's crown clipping are fine, but the actual body of the character clipping is not only visually tacky (especially if it's things like their eyes), but brings problems with...
3. Hitboxes. If a character's head is clipping through the platform, someone standing on it would be able to hurt them pretty easily with down tilts, d-airs, etc., when they otherwise wouldn't be able to.

Personally, as someone who mains Bowser and Ganondorf, characters getting much bigger than them would make me anxious. I'd rather not see a size creep in Smash Bros., as these type of characters already have problems with being comboed and ganged up on. Even bigger characters would either amplify these problems, or be given tools that run the risk of making the characters overpowered. Then you factor in things like 3+ person multiplayer and Smash's complex stage design, and I feel it could be a serious problem.

Rant aside, your point about K. Rool facing the camera is well heeded. Maybe something more like this...?

Speaking of Kremlings, I wonder if their massive size in Smash Run might make the team doubt K. Rool's inclusion:

I thought something similar with the Kritter sizes but then i checked the sizes of baddies compared to some other characters. Koopas, Hammer Bros, and Goombas are quite large in Smash run, I mean a Hammer bro is a bit shorter than Bowser. That seems a bit too big for them. Looking further I compared the sizes of Kritters in Sluggers to K. Rool he's actually not that much bigger than they are he's just beefier. His girth is what makes him seem so much larger. I mean sure in the old games there was a LARGE size difference but then again Bowser in most games since Sunshine as always been far far far larger than Mario. Size shouldn't be an issue, it would especially bogus to use downsizing as an excuse for a second character to not be included......

Last edited:

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero

So first Ridley is Too BiG now K.Rool?
Sakurai such a N00B

Top Bottom