• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

Dustydog96

Smash Ace
Er, Japanese exclusive things aren't supposed to have American release dates, and Luigi is the better character if you ask fans
Well my post wasn't about how "the fans" feel. Idrc what the fans feel, Dr. Mario would smack Dr. Luigi in his big floppy nose for trying to take his position as Dr.

Bananija

Count of Trickery
Yeah, that's a better wording. Obviously we won't get a release date yet; probably at E3.

I think we'll get Chibi Robo.

Another note: Once again, Diddy Kong is in a Mario spinoff. They're certainly not trying to remove him from Mario spinoffs. SO WHY THE HELL ISN'T HE IN MK8?!
Because they will anonce the new DLC with him at E3, which I hope will be a DK DLC with K.Rool, him and someone else (Jr please).

Also this new Mario and Sonic looks kind of interisitng with the new characters. So far we have : Nabbit, Diddy, Jet, Rouge and maybe Zazz (if he isn't a rival). However, the game that catched the most my eyes is Yoshi Wolly word, it looks awesome.

Last edited:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
:4diddy: being in Mario vs Sonic makes my interesst in the game expand a 10 fold. :4dk:
Diddy Kong was also the least useful Kong in TF if youtube is any indication, so him being one of the better characters was deserved
This upsets me so much because I just wanted to solo-run Tropical Freeze with Diddy like I always did like back in the old days. :urg:

Last edited:

Zombie Saurian

Smash Journeyman
:4diddy: being in Mario vs Sonic makes my interesst in the game expand a 10 fold. :4dk:

This upsets me so much because I just wanted to solo-run Tropical Freeze with Diddy like I always did like back in the old days. :urg:
That was one of my major complaints for TF when I played it recently.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Because they will anonce the new DLC with him at E3, which I hope will be a DK DLC with K.Rool, him and someone else (Jr please).

Also this new Mario and Sonic looks kind of interisitng with the new characters. So far we have : Nabbit, Diddy, Jet, Rouge and maybe Zazz (if he isn't a rival). However, the game that catched the most my eyes is Yoshi Wolly word, it looks awesome.
If they were going to announce MK8 DLC with DK content I think they would've already done that a long time ago and included him in one of the previous packs. I think if anything its because they've got Diddy Kong Racing in production.

As for M&S; Nabbit, Diddy, Jet, and Rouge all have flags, too. Its impossible to tell with Zazz. Then again, I've heard flags showed up for rivals in past games, but its pretty obvious Nabbit, Diddy, Jet, and Rouge are playable. Rosalina will probably be joining in as well later.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
That was one of my major complaints for TF when I played it recently.
I just want to be able to pick my own character to play as damnit! :urg: This is what made DKC the ultimate platformer for me. Well, deside all other stuff... But yes, my biggest beef so far with the Retro DKCs is that their tag team system makes all other Kongs besides DK look like nothing but mere powerups. And that's some real bull****. Am more upset with that than no Kremlings. At least, till now. Because I could accept the return of Retro tagteams if Kremlings came back to. But seriously, I want the Rare / SNES tag teams back. Badly.

Bananija

Count of Trickery
If they were going to announce MK8 DLC with DK content I think they would've already done that a long time ago and included him in one of the previous packs. I think if anything its because they've got Diddy Kong Racing in production.

As for M&S; Nabbit, Diddy, Jet, and Rouge all have flags, too. Its impossible to tell with Zazz. Then again, I've heard flags showed up for rivals in past games, but its pretty obvious Nabbit, Diddy, Jet, and Rouge are playable. Rosalina will probably be joining in as well later.
So... Diddy Kong Racing DLC pack for Mario Kart and Mario DLC for Diddy Kong Racing?

And yeah, Rosalina will probably be in Mario and Sonic, since that she is in everything.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
So... Diddy Kong Racing DLC pack for Mario Kart and Mario DLC for Diddy Kong Racing?

And yeah, Rosalina will probably be in Mario and Sonic, since that she is in everything.
I don't think Mario Kart is getting any more DLC packs, but I do think its possible they could do a promotional DLC pack in Mario Kart 8 of Diddy Kong Racing, with Diddy, Dixie, and K. Rool as characters (since, honestly, I do think if DKR is in development K. Rool will be in the game replacing Wizpig as the main antagonist).

Burruni

Smash Hero
I don't think Mario Kart is getting any more DLC packs, but I do think its possible they could do a promotional DLC pack in Mario Kart 8 of Diddy Kong Racing, with Diddy, Dixie, and K. Rool as characters (since, honestly, I do think if DKR is in development K. Rool will be in the game replacing Wizpig as the main antagonist).
The fact that it isn't Diddy Drifting is still something that makes me feel off.

toadster101

Banned via Warnings
NNID
toadster101
3DS FC
1891-1323-0892
The Mario & Sonic series stagnated a long time ago. It's so bad. I hope they announce a new Strikers or Baseball soon. At least the Kremlings are guaranteed to appear in those. But ideally, we'll get a new Donkey Kong spin-off instead. There hasn't been a single one since Barrel Blast, which is surprising, considering that DKCR basically revived the IP. Give me Kongo Bongo Warriors or else.

BowserK.Rool

Smash Champion
Diddy Kong was also the least useful Kong in TF if youtube is any indication, so him being one of the better characters was deserved
Funny, I thought he was more useful and easier to control over both Dixie and Cranky(heck I hardly ever used Cranky).
Almost like she's a major character or something, now.
That should be Waluigi but NOOOooo.

Bananija

Count of Trickery
Funny, I thought he was more useful and easier to control over both Dixie and Cranky(heck I hardly ever used Cranky).

That should be Waluigi but NOOOooo.
Cranky was my favorite to play as in multiplayer with my bro (I know it's not that useful, but it's fun to play with friends). I was telling jokes and calling him "Donkey Kon" (which mean "Donkey Dumb" in french) and we were joking that the purpose of the game is to by figure (we spend all or coin on them) Good time...

Waluigi's already and Mario and Sonic, like, since the first game. Don't worry about the great wamazing Waluigi, is only problem is to get in Smash as a playable character.

Last edited:

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
especially from all the people who voted for the character who then rush off to vote for their #2. If it happens I'll probably throw a vote each way for Dixie and Isaac.
That'll be Bandana Waddle Dee for me, as he's the only other character I really want. That said, he's more recent, so in less danger, so to speak; King K. Rool absolutely comes first - I've been wanting to see him in since Melee, and his appearance in Smash and his return to his own franchise are both way overdue.

"Much" is subjective. But it had more of a following in Japan due to Nintendo's bad business handling on the localization of Xenoblade Chronicles. It WAS the game that fanboys managed to actually get localized.... which is impressive given Nintendo's track history.
I thought it was localised by Nintendo Europe? :surprised: Or did they redo it for North America? It wouldn't surprise me given the several, sometimes redundant, instances of that lately...

I hope we at least get Chibi Robo
And that Amiibo! :psycho:

I just want to be able to pick my own character to play as damnit! :urg: This is what made DKC the ultimate platformer for me. Well, deside all other stuff... But yes, my biggest beef so far with the Retro DKCs is that their tag team system makes all other Kongs besides DK look like nothing but mere powerups. And that's some real bull****. Am more upset with that than no Kremlings. At least, till now. Because I could accept the return of Retro tagteams if Kremlings came back to. But seriously, I want the Rare / SNES tag teams back. Badly.
You're not the only one. At all. Whilst I enjoyed Donkey Kong Country Returns, I still haven't gotten around to picking up Tropical Freeze, not because I suspect it's a bad game, but because the other Kongs are still just power-ups, which has deprioritised it for me.

I just don't like Donkey quite as much as I like Diddy and Dixie, and, this probably sounds stupid, but I don't really like the Donkey Kong Country name being traded on with some of its key features still absent. As per those quotes that were posted several pages ago, when you buy a game in a particular series you expect particular things, and for DKC right now, two of those things (playing as any of the available Kongs from the beginning, and K. Rool and the Kremlings) are sorely missing.

(since, honestly, I do think if DKR is in development K. Rool will be in the game replacing Wizpig as the main antagonist).
I was thinking about this very same thing recently, and I'm inclined to agree. I know others who think the same thing, too, funnily enough. I just hope we're all correct about that!

Don't worry about the great wamazing Waluigi, is only problem is to get in Smash as a playable character.
Then it'll be Waluigi Time. :p

Last edited:

Burruni

Smash Hero
That'll be Bandana Waddle Dee for me, as he's the only other character I really want. That said, he's more recent, so in less danger, so to speak; King K. Rool absolutely comes first - I've been wanting to see him in since Melee, and his appearance in Smash and his return to his own franchise are both way overdue.

I thought it was localised by Nintendo Europe? :surprised: Or did they redo it for North America? It wouldn't surprise me given the several, sometimes redundant, instances of that lately...

And that Amiibo! :psycho:

You're not the only one. At all. Whilst I enjoyed Donkey Kong Country Returns, I still haven't gotten around to picking up Tropical Freeze, not because I suspect it's a bad game, but because the other Kongs are still just power-ups, which has deprioritised it for me.

I just don't like Donkey quite as much as I like Diddy and Dixie, and, this probably sounds stupid, but I don't really like the Donkey Kong Country name being traded on with some of its key features still absent. As per those quotes that were posted several pages ago, when you buy a game in a particular series you expect particular things, and for DKC right now, two of those things (playing as any of the available Kongs from the beginning, and K. Rool and the Kremlings) are sorely missing.

I was thinking about this very same thing recently, and I'm inclined to agree. I know others who think the same thing, too, funnily enough. I just hope we're all correct about that!

Then it'll be Waluigi Time. :p
It only has one "dubbing" for english but it was released in english in the US as well and it was namely in the US that Operation Rainfall got its start and grew to the powerhouse it was of fan support to get Xenoblade, Pandora's Tower, and The Last Aeon to be localized. That is what I meant... Shulk certainly had international popularity significant enough for it to be weird for him to have been revealed in a Japan-exclusive direct

Last edited:

StormC

Smash Hero
I actually hadn't considered K. Rool as the Wizpig of a DKR2. I just figured he'd be a racer, but that makes sense.

Would be weird if K. Rool made his grand return in a racing spinoff, but I'll take what I can get.

Shulk certainly had international popularity significant enough for it to be weird for him to have been revealed in a Japan-exclusive direct
I feel like Shulk got revealed in a Japanese direct due to the American 3DS leaks at the time.

Last edited:

FancySmash

Smash Lord
I'm really hoping for some smash news this japanese direct. If K. Rool actually got announced in two days how would you all react? I'd personally brag super hard on every social media possible and fantasize about what he'll be like in game for a few hours while listening to music.
Might not want to do that, it could make K. Rool supporters look bad.

Not that I'd blame you though, everyone get's super happy when the character they want get's confirmed.

Meanwhile, I'm waiting for my Ice Climbers and Bandana Dee, but good luck towards King K. Rool. I'd look forward to another villain, especially one from Donkey Kong that isn't a Tiki.

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
It only has one "dubbing" for english but it was released in english in the US as well and it was namely in the US that Operation Rainfall got its start and grew to the powerhouse it was of fan support to get Xenoblade, Pandora's Tower, and The Last Aeon to be localized. That is what I meant... Shulk certainly had international popularity significant enough for it to be weird for him to have been revealed in a Japan-exclusive direct
Ahh, I see. Thanks!

I'm salty AF we got NO release date for America on Dr. Mario!?!???!?
It looks like it has an English name now (it's "Dr. Mario: Miracle Cure"), so it can't be long!

DJ3DS

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0602-6256-9118
The Mario & Sonic series stagnated a long time ago. It's so bad. I hope they announce a new Strikers or Baseball soon. At least the Kremlings are guaranteed to appear in those. But ideally, we'll get a new Donkey Kong spin-off instead. There hasn't been a single one since Barrel Blast, which is surprising, considering that DKCR basically revived the IP. Give me Kongo Bongo Warriors or else.
I was a massive fan of M&S back in 2008; enough so that I managed to get to the top 5 worldwide on some of the events (Dream Long Jump, DS, being the main one I remember). None of the others have quite got the same magic to me though.

Strikers is long overdue; by far my favourite Mario sports spin-off (I'm not counting Kart). Mario Hoops 3 on 3 was also a lot of fun as I remember it.

I don't so much mind DK having no spin-offs when he's appearing in Mario spin-offs, although I would quite like it if they increased the DK support in such spin-offs to at least the main set of Kongs (DK, Diddy, Dixie, Cranky) and K Rool. Some of the characters they (looking at you, any Mario Kart game since Wii) choose to put in instead are absolutely baffling.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
In regards to the spin-off talk:
Honey Queen.
Now that is needlessly scraping the bottom of the Barrel. Where was Waluigi?

Last edited:

Amingo

Smash Apprentice
In regards to the spin-off talk:
Honey Queen.
Now that is needlessly scraping the bottom of the Barrel. Where was Waluigi?
I'd say MK8 is the worst offender. At the very least Honey Queen was a real character that actually appeared in a game. (though the lack of waluigi was the main reason why i didn't pick MK 7)

Meanwhile, Diddy, Birdo and Bowser Jr ,which are staples of the Mario and DK series, were "replaced" by generic clones and babies.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Don't forget Metal Mario, Tanooki Mario, Pink Gold Peach, and Cat Peach. :c
I'd say MK8 is the worst offender. At the very least Honey Queen was a real character that actually appeared in a game. (though the lack of waluigi was the main reason why i didn't pick MK 7)

Meanwhile, Diddy, Birdo and Bowser Jr ,which are staples of the Mario and DK series, were "replaced" by generic clones and babies.
I'm talking more in terms of actual characters. I hate the over-abundance of Babies, Metal Characters and to a lesser extent the Koopalings, at least how the Koopalings were implemented.

But in terms of actual characters Honey Queen is a huge strech to justify over Waluigi and other missing characters in MK7 which had a weaker roster than the DS version.

Zombie Saurian

Smash Journeyman
Mario Kart 8 has the worst character diversity of any MK game which is why it's taking me so long to buy it.. Double Dash had the best.

Last edited:

DJ3DS

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0602-6256-9118
I maintain MKWii was the best and MKDS a close second, though this is because they both contained Dry Bones.

There are some characters still missing that I cannot understand though - Kamek being the most obvious; though Funky Kong over Dixie and K Rool in MKWii was one I didn't expect.

Welshy91

Smash Ace
The characters in Mario Kart really aren't that important (at least not in a K. Rool thread).

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero

Boo is not even a item or a racer wtf...fail..
I love boo he is a mario series legend and important in MK

Last edited:

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
The diversity in Mario Kart 8 is a bit over the place, and while I can tolerate Metal Mario because of Smash Bros 64's Classic Mode, Pink-Gold Peach really is unnecessary. I'd probably take Captain Falcon over Pink-Gold Peach, and I sure hope that if there's a third wave we don't get Baby Pink-Gold Peach that was on the Baby Park course, when we really need characters like Bowser Jr. or Diddy.

But this is the K. Rool thread.

Xzsmmc

Smash Champion
A character roster in a racing game is not nearly as important as it is in something like Smash Bros. It's more about the tracks and karts, which MK8 does very well.

With that said, MK8's character select is pretty damn bad.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
And suddenly this became the King Kart Rool 8 thread.

Where the main topics of discussion are King K. Rool's racing game and how it only includes DK characters.

:cheep:

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
A character roster in a racing game is not nearly as important as it is in something like Smash Bros. It's more about the tracks and karts, which MK8 does very well.

With that said, MK8's character select is pretty damn bad.
Dark Pit..cough*Lucina
.dr mario..
Cough

Last edited:

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
And suddenly this became the King Kart Rool 8 thread.

Where the main topics of discussion are King K. Rool's racing game and how it only includes DK characters.

:cheep:
I would definitely buy that game. Who else is on the roster? ;) (Any sign of Krunch?)

Top Bottom