• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Three sore thumbs in a chunk of 51 + DLC is better than Pink Gold Peach, Tanuki Mario, Cat Peach, and Dry Bowser in a total of 42.
Especially given that the three clones were late additions and thus much less work to make than a new character.

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
Play them in order.
Seconded. They're each so good that it's impossible to pick just one of them to recommend.

Also, be sure to check out the first Donkey Kong Land for the Game Boy, as well - unlike the other two, which are merely scaled-down facsimiles of their SNES brethren, the first DKL is a unique game set between the first and second Donkey Kong Country titles.

Xzsmmc

Smash Champion
Three sore thumbs in a chunk of 51 + DLC is better than Pink Gold Peach, Tanuki Mario, Cat Peach, and Dry Bowser in a total of 42.
I have to admit, I love playing as Dry Bowser. Mainly because no matter what car parts you pick, you look like something from the cover of a metal album.

Last edited:

Amingo

Smash Apprentice
Play them in order.
Thanks for the tip!

Also, be sure to check out the first Donkey Kong Land for the Game Boy, as well - unlike the other two, which are merely scaled-down facsimiles of their SNES brethren, the first DKL is a unique game set between the first and second Donkey Kong Country titles.
Rly? I always though the land games were mere ports of the SNES ports...
I'll start with the first one and then work my way to the land games. Thnks !

Last edited:

StormC

Smash Hero
This isn't entirely true. All of the Land games do have unique level design. Here's a breakdown:

Land 1: Mixes DKC1 archetypes with new ones (cloud, city, mountain, etc.). Has new bosses and enemies as well.
Land 2: Shares worlds, level names, and level ideas with DKC2, but no actual levels are shared. It's sort of a gaiden game.
Land 3: Has the same archtypes, enemies and bosses as DKC3, but new worlds and levels entirely.

So you could say Land 1 is the most unique, Land 2 is the most similar to its SNES counterpart, and Land 3 is in between.

Dustydog96

Smash Ace
TBH guys the only thing kept on my mind about K. Rool and why he might be "similar" to the current cast is that someo
Might not want to do that, it could make K. Rool supporters look bad.

Not that I'd blame you though, everyone get's super happy when the character they want get's confirmed.

Meanwhile, I'm waiting for my Ice Climbers and Bandana Dee, but good luck towards King K. Rool. I'd look forward to another villain, especially one from Donkey Kong that isn't a Tiki.
I wasn't serious lol! You wouldn't see me on reddit or something with a "HAHAHAHHAH K ROOLS IN NERDZ HAHAHHAA." I'd just be super hyped up and rather positively bragging about how happy and astounded I am that he got in. Rather "praise" than bragging :)

Last edited:

StormC

Smash Hero
The only people who would be offended by someone bragging about K. Rool being in are those who hate K. Rool and actively don't want him in Smash, so... why would we care what they think?

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
This isn't entirely true. All of the Land games do have unique level design. Here's a breakdown:

Land 1: Mixes DKC1 archetypes with new ones (cloud, city, mountain, etc.). Has new bosses and enemies as well.
Land 2: Shares worlds, level names, and level ideas with DKC2, but no actual levels are shared. It's sort of a gaiden game.
Land 3: Has the same archtypes, enemies and bosses as DKC3, but new worlds and levels entirely.

So you could say Land 1 is the most unique, Land 2 is the most similar to its SNES counterpart, and Land 3 is in between.
I'm sorry, I should've been a bit clearer. When I said "facsimiles", this is what I meant. :)

I know they're not full-on conversions - it's something I've never forgotten, because after the first one, I was unfortunately left very disappointed in DKL2 and DKL3 because they weren't anything like it, and I always wanted more of that.

Last edited:

Burruni

Smash Hero
True.
I would have loved Dry bowser in smash though
Dry Bowser is the least objectionable of the 6 there. And honestly... :4drmario: encompassing a 6 (going on 7) title spin-off puzzle series with a moveset that now works as a Semi-clone noticably more unique than when he got in originally... I've grown to tolerate him decently enough.

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA

What about DKCR 3D. I thought it was just a remake of DKCR on the 3DS or is it a new game.

StormC

Smash Hero
DKCR3D has a few new modes and a new world, but other than that, yeah, it's the same game.

I personally think it's a better overall package to play for the first time than the Wii version, but some don't like 30 FPS.

True.
I would have loved Dry bowser in smash though
Just make him an alt, there's no need for him to be a clone. The fact that he wasn't an alt is baffling to me.

Dustydog96

Smash Ace
I was eyeing King of Swing on the e-shop and am really tempted to get it and play through it just because... It's donkey kong. Decent game? er nah?

StormC

Smash Hero
I was eyeing King of Swing on the e-shop and am really tempted to get it and play through it just because... It's donkey kong. Decent game? er nah?
Look up YouTube videos and see if you think you'd enjoy the gameplay. Fun DK fanservice that aside, though.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
DKR fell dead after Rare left because Taj lost his Indian Accent and no Conker/Banjo/Tiptup.
And other stuff
Tiptup was still there actually. And also, jungle levels. I enjoyed those, as I never got to see what Rare could make as a jungle for DKC in a DS game otherwise...

BowserK.Rool

Smash Champion
Cranky was my favorite to play as in multiplayer with my bro (I know it's not that useful, but it's fun to play with friends). I was telling jokes and calling him "Donkey Kon" (which mean "Donkey Dumb" in french) and we were joking that the purpose of the game is to by figure (we spend all or coin on them) Good time...

Waluigi's already and Mario and Sonic, like, since the first game. Don't worry about the great wamazing Waluigi, is only problem is to get in Smash as a playable character.
I was pointing out to how Nintendo is treating Rosalina as a major and important character to the Mario series, not just spinoffs, heck she was even playable in Super Mario 3-D World whereas Waluigi has'nt even been at least incorporated into WarioWare. I'm just ticked off that Waluigi is still technically a new character who still hasn't gotten the justice he deserves and some new blue dressed space Peach is the next big thing.

At least Dry Bowser is actually awesome, he made his first appearance in an actual Mario game (New Super Mario Bros. DS) like Metal Mario. The rest are just characters who were completely made up for the game.

I would definitely buy that game. Who else is on the roster? ;) (Any sign of Krunch?)
I would too, Krunch is one of my favs, is Klump in there too? xD

StormC

Smash Hero
I'm just ticked off that Waluigi is still technically a new character who still hasn't gotten the justice he deserves and some new blue dressed space Peach is the next big thing.
I could call Waluigi "some purple evil Luigi." Rosalina was actually created by the team that makes 3D Mario games, for one.

BowserK.Rool

Smash Champion
I could call Waluigi "some purple evil Luigi." Rosalina was actually created by the team that makes 3D Mario games, for one.
And Wario's "some yellow evil Mario". If that's the case then I guess they made the Super Mario Galaxy games as well.

sick with the flue so artwork will wait till im better but i just wanted to say something real quick about the k.k slider mii costume dlc thats coming out.

im the type of person that like to have everything(i bought all of the dlc for both sm4sh 3ds and wii u,heck i even 100%ted both versions)

i love "dlc" because it adds onto the game and improves it but i hate "exclusive dlc" to which if you miss your chance to get it,or you are too poor to buy the "super duper special edition" for the cheap price of your soul,and you miss out on it and have to accept the fact that your game will be forever incomplete is what irritates me.

exclusive dlc for awhile but released to everyone later is fine in my book,but i hate it when i cant have everything in a game.

here is an example of what i mean
NINTENDO: "head on to walmart within a certian time and you get the awsome king k.rool character dlc!,and if you dont have a walmart near you well too bad!......suckers"

Last edited:

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Actually, M&S 2016 is adding new characters for the first time in forever,, what if K.Rool got in?

Although I do highly doubt it'll happen. Sonic's gained 3 (maybe 4 if the flag is indeed Espio's) and Mario has 2. Rosalina is obviously going to be in considering that she got a baby in MK8 and is in Smash Bros and Mario Party. A potential Fourth character is still in the air.
Like Mad King Ryan

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman

Although I do highly doubt it'll happen. Sonic's gained 3 (maybe 4 if the flag is indeed Espio's) and Mario has 2. Rosalina is obviously going to be in considering that she got a baby in MK8 and is in Smash Bros and Mario Party. A potential Fourth character is still in the air.
Like Mad King Ryan
Personally, I think its extremely likely it could be -12- new characters instead, because we've gotten half of the Sonic rival characters from past games, and a third is incredibly likely; probably Omega, to fill in that fourth Sonic character addition. With that in mind, they have no reason to leave out Eggman Nega, and the Sonic and Mario casts are always even (because there's 4 character classes).

I'd say there's a decent chance K. Rool could be considered, but its more likely they'd go with Dry Bowser instead. And Mario currently already has an extra Power character, so there's no much room for K. Rool after that.

Btw, though, the flag in question is Rouge's, not Espio's. We also can't confirm if Zazz is playable. So if Zazz is a rival, that probably means only 8 new characters.

That said, K. Rool could potentially be added as a rival instead.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Sweet jesus have I missed him
Oh, I'm sure Omega will be playable in this game, just like I'm sure Rosalina will. Whether or not K. Rool could appear, its iffy, but frankly I think K. Rool is more likely in this than another Mario spinoff. If they're planning on bringing K. Rool back to DK, they might include him in this as a bonus for K. Rool fans (though not before Dixie).

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
...dont look at me like that. It was either this, or some Squidward meme thing.
King K. Raken for the DKCR3, who appears from the deep sea and sinks the Snowmads' ship. And the game is full of underwater levels, including a skeletal Kremling Krew. :awesome:

:231:

Welshy91

Smash Ace
A friend of mine fell on some hard times and needed a place to crash. I told him I'd throw him out on the street if he didn't vote for K. Rool. He wasn't willing to risk if I was serious or not.

Top Bottom