• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
A friend of mine fell on some hard times and needed a place to crash. I told him I'd throw him out on the street if he didn't vote for K. Rool. He wasn't willing to risk if I was serious or not.
That's... kinda mean...

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Two quick updates:

--Last night, it was brought up to me that we can reach out to JAKKS Pacific, who have made a number of DK-related figures as part of their World of Nintendo line, requesting that a K. Rool figure be considered. It's a great idea; they're not above making figures for random characters (Toon Ganondorf being one), and K. Rool lacks merchandise that's not a really rare piece from the cartoon. Anyone who wants to help out with this, tweet to @JAKKStoys to let them know the interest is there.

--Today marks the passing of one-third of the Smash ballot's lifespan. If I had to guess, this first third is going to have the highest concentration of responses compared to the latter two, just with a spike occurring around E3. That being said, that's no reason to slow down with the support after how well we seem to have done this first third. Around E3 in particular, we'll need to keep a high profile and get out as many votes and as much support as possible, given the number of other potential contenders that will arise and try to steal the spotlight. It's a tall order, but it's far from insurmountable.

Welshy91

Smash Ace
But this is like real life. And I wouldn't do that to my friend.
You underestimate my love for K. Rool and my lack of reverence for the magic of friendship.

Now now I'm sure Welshy really was just kidding, heck I kid with my friends like that too sometimes as they do with me. At least we have more K. Rool support.
Welshy never jokes about K. Rool support.

BowserK.Rool

Smash Champion
You underestimate my love for K. Rool and my lack of reverence for the magic of friendship.

Welshy never jokes about K. Rool support.
Dang, we need to make this guy a real kremling. I'm sure he'd be a great new addition to K. Rool's army and the DK games.

StormC

Smash Hero
--Last night, it was brought up to me that we can reach out to JAKKS Pacific, who have made a number of DK-related figures as part of their World of Nintendo line, requesting that a K. Rool figure be considered. It's a great idea; they're not above making figures for random characters (Toon Ganondorf being one), and K. Rool lacks merchandise that's not a really rare piece from the cartoon. Anyone who wants to help out with this, tweet to @JAKKStoys to let them know the interest is there.
Holy hell, Toon Ganondorf figure?! I'm sold.

SuperiorYoshi87

Smash Lord
NNID
AVENGERxTHOR
Two quick updates:

--Today marks the passing of one-third of the Smash ballot's lifespan. If I had to guess, this first third is going to have the highest concentration of responses compared to the latter two, just with a spike occurring around E3. That being said, that's no reason to slow down with the support after how well we seem to have done this first third. Around E3 in particular, we'll need to keep a high profile and get out as many votes and as much support as possible, given the number of other potential contenders that will arise and try to steal the spotlight. It's a tall order, but it's far from insurmountable.
Way ahead of you on that one :)

Before I made my own K. Rool figure and commissioned my 3D printed one I had emailed Jakks Pacific about a K. Rool figure I don't have the reply email handy because it was months ago but it was your pretty standard "thanks for your suggestion" email however I will say that there was one part that I was quite impressed about whoever emailed me back did say "were always looking to make cool toys and will be looking into Nintendos full catalog of characters which includes the Donkey Kong series"

It was something of that nature, the fact that they agknowledged K. Rool in the DK series gives me hope :)

Last edited:

StormC

Smash Hero
Well, I Tweeted to JAKKS. I just hope that K. Rool's Smash pose lends itself easily to an Amiibo...

Dustydog96

Smash Ace
are a little more fitting
I started replaying DKC3 on my snes yesterday, but put it down til my famicom controller comes in, all my old snes controllers are hoot. These barrel kremlings were always hilarious to me. Kind of eerie too

Welshy91

Smash Ace
All of the ballot data that I can find is from two months ago, is there anything out there with more current data? Or did people stop keeping track of it after the initial push?

All of the ballot data that I can find is from two months ago, is there anything out there with more current data? Or did people stop keeping track of it after the initial push?
the only data we have is unofficial and inaccurate anyway. But yeah most people stopped making large polls after the reddit one.

Sxips

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Dark_Dino
Switch FC
SW-8329-8819-7281
So im on the final boss of DK 64. And it's just feels good being able to fight K Rool. Do you think it's possible that they can implement K Rool's invisibility powers into a smash moveset. That be intresting, (Maybe as a spot dodge).

Welshy91

Smash Ace
So im on the final boss of DK 64. And it's just feels good being able to fight K Rool. Do you think it's possible that they can implement K Rool's invisibility powers into a smash moveset. That be intresting, (Maybe as a spot dodge).
Even though K. Rool turned invisible twice, and is something unique to him as far as I'm aware with Nintendo bosses, it's more of a gimmick for the sake of having increasingly difficult mechanics in a fight, rather than an integral part of his character. I'm not saying it wouldn't be interesting, I just don't see them adding it due to it being obscure to people that aren't K. Rool fanatics, and more importantly because it doesn't really fit with his character. I mean, if he were a photokinetic croc that could bend light,or if he had some kind of cloaking device, then sure. But the only reason he turns invisible is because the developers thought it would make his fights harder (and they were right).

PigmaskColonel

Smash Journeyman
So, I got Garry's Mod a few days ago, and I made this small little tribute to K. Rool with some Rareware ragdolls I found on the Steam Workshop. Here it is:

Right click the picture and then click on "Open in new tab" to see it better

To be honest, I think there are a few things I don't like about how it came out... It was hard to get the King version in the middle without him bumping into the Baron version. Oh well, though. I think the poses came out fine, however I wish I could've gotten the blunderbuss onto the Kaptain version's shoulder a bit better...

Anyway, I'd like some feedback on what you fellow Kutthroats think of this. I might make more if any of you would like to see some more poses or situations for our Kremling King.

or i may just make more anyway :3

Last edited:

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
the only data we have is unofficial and inaccurate anyway. But yeah most people stopped making large polls after the reddit one.
Do you think, after E3, another poll should come up? I've been thinking of making one and posting results here and on Reddit, but I'm not sure when or how to accomplish such a thing. Perhaps I can get to work on it after finals, it seems like it's about time to "officially" see what people are interested in.

StormC

Smash Hero
E3 would be almost halfway between the start of the ballot and the end of it, so it might have merit.

Bananija

Count of Trickery
Do you think, after E3, another poll should come up? I've been thinking of making one and posting results here and on Reddit, but I'm not sure when or how to accomplish such a thing. Perhaps I can get to work on it after finals, it seems like it's about time to "officially" see what people are interested in.
That's a good idea! It would be like the halfway recap. Also your avatar and signature are magnificient (Quentin Trembley is so hilarious, just like Gravity Falls, one of the best cartoon ever.

MandoBardanJusik

Smash Ace
Say you guys, since we do support K.Rool getting in anything here, why don't we talk about some possibilities if he were to get into Mario and Sonic at the 2016 Olympic games? Like what class would he be in, since he's both fast and strong? Or some of the possibilities if they brought back story interactions, like what would happen if he ran into Vector? Would he take on a guise for the event(which would be hilarious for a story mode)? So you guys got any thoughts?

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Here's a new Smash poll for those who haven't voted yet. You write in your votes instead of clicking a button.

It ties into something I've thought about for a while now, the "hype factor" behind K. Rool and other characters. Long story short, a lot of people like K. Rool, but he's not a "hype" character the same way others are.

For an idea of hype, look at Banjo...Phil Spencer could literally tweet a video of him farting the Banjo title music, and THOUSANDS of people would drool over it and respond, begging him to put Banjo in Smash. OMG BANJO PHIL SPENCER APPROVES OF HIM HE NEEDS THIS HIS GAME WAS SO GOOD. For a less hyperbolic example, "OMG Smashify Yooka-Laylee and Shovel Knight and Shantae!" comments all get hundreds of upvotes in Omni's videos.

K. Rool doesn't have that luxury, so as much as he seems like a frontrunner when you consider those characters getting laughed off, we should take nothing for granted and focus on getting in the votes wherever and whenever possible, up until the final deadline. He doesn't need to outright win, but he should get a big enough plurality that no doubt remains that he only has a vocal minority of fans in the grand scheme of things.

Last edited:

Warlock*G

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
0146-9477-0226
Here's a new Smash poll for those who haven't voted yet. You write in your votes instead of clicking a button.

It ties into something I've thought about for a while now, the "hype factor" behind K. Rool and other characters. Long story short, a lot of people like K. Rool, but he's not a "hype" character the same way others are.

For an idea of hype, look at Banjo...Phil Spencer could literally tweet a video of him farting the Banjo title music, and THOUSANDS of people would drool over it and respond, begging him to put Banjo in Smash. OMG BANJO PHIL SPENCER APPROVES OF HIM HE NEEDS THIS HIS GAME WAS SO GOOD. For a less hyperbolic example, "OMG Smashify Yooka-Laylee and Shovel Knight and Shantae!" comments all get hundreds of upvotes in Omni's videos.
Shantae? Hundreds of votes? Since when? I need to see this.
Moreover, K. Rool at least got this:
King K. Rool Smashified - Speed Painting
Still waiting for that Shantae smashification...

MandoBardanJusik

Smash Ace
You guys, I just thought of something, what if the reason K.Rool doesn't have a tail in recent versions is to help differentiate him from Bowser? Also so Mario can't swing him around by it XD

Top Bottom