• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

Jestar

Prinsass of Hyrule
NNID
JML-64
Switch FC
2130-3831-9341
700 pages.

Nice job everyone.

The fact we reached this many pages for a character that isn't even confirmed to be in the game yet makes it even greater.

This is proof that people want The King to return and that his support isn't dropping and probably never will.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Page 700 of the thread for which I'm as happy to serve as OP now as I was day one of opening it. We're as close as we've ever been to achieving its goal of a playable K. Rool three years later, so let's keep the same flame alive from now for however long it takes to #BringBackKRool. Special thanks to every member who's posted on here over this time frame, making contributions big or small to advance our cause.

Warlock*G

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
0146-9477-0226
Page 700 of the thread for which I'm as happy to serve as OP now as I was day one of opening it. We're as close as we've ever been to achieving its goal of a playable K. Rool three years later, so let's keep the same flame alive from now for however long it takes to #BringBackKRool. Special thanks to every member who's posted on here over this time frame, making contributions big or small to advance our cause.
We're all hoping that this ^^^^ is an indication of K. Rool's return...

Troykv

Smash Master
Page 700! Congragulations guys!! :bluejump::colorful:

Also... Only left like 400 views to the MILLION

Jestar

Prinsass of Hyrule
NNID
JML-64
Switch FC
2130-3831-9341
Someone should put a smash ball or the smash logo over the koins/tokens in this picture when/if the king returns. Or even right now.

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
Keep the flame alive, you say? You guys have a vision that's fit for a king, and we'd all like to see that particular king again, so...

Anyway, congratulations on reaching this many pages, guys, from a long-time reader and first-time poster. Congratulations also on all you've been doing and are doing to raise awareness of King K. Rool's popularity in general - until I saw what you guys were doing, I'd often thought that I was one of the few out there who remembered him and cared to see him return. It's really nice to be wrong about that!

K. Rool got my vote in the ballot*, not just for the sake of Smash, but for the sake of him appearing in other games, too. He's my favourite Nintendo villain of all time (Dedede being my all-time favourite Nintendo character who isn't a villain) and is sorely missed.

*No, my vote was not paid for by The Bananas-for-Votes Kremling and Penguin Exchange Association! ;) We heavyweight players have gotta support each other, right?

Congratulations again! Can I be part of your krew, now? :D

Last edited:

IggyKoopa66

Smash Cadet
NNID
Keemie
If the Kremlings FINALLY come back for another DKC then they and their leader need to be shown front and center. We know who K. Rool is, so there is no need to hide the villain and shroud them in mystery like they did for Tiki Tong, Fredrik, and even K. Rool himself 20 years ago... Also
How could ANYONE hate this face?

Last edited:

Bananija

Count of Trickery
If the Kremlings FINALLY come back for another DKC then they and their leader need to be shown front and center. We know who K. Rool is, so there is no need to hide the villain and shroud them in mystery like they did for Tiki Tong, Fredrik, and even K. Rool himself 20 years ago... Also
The kongs?

700 pages

Last edited:

SuperiorYoshi87

Smash Lord
NNID
AVENGERxTHOR
700 pages and no signs of stopping! Here here to the best thread on Smashboards and a major MAJOR thank you to @ BKupa666 BKupa666 for all the work he's done so far. I'm so pleased that there's fans out there who love K. Rool as much as me! I've said it before and I'll say it again, I'm so honored to be a part of this community! I've seen some of the most talented, friendly, and supportive individuals in this community. Let's keep at it! Let's keep working towards our ultimate goal, getting K. Rool back be it Smash or DKC! If we don't get him back in Smash post ballot DONT GIVE UP! We need to keep it up! If we work at it enough we will be rewarded.

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
Thanks. I was really hoping that someone would post that! (As if it isn't expected by now. ;) )

I'm one of you, one of you, the same krew! Nothin' I can do! :D

Ok, that's better.

Seriously, I'm really hoping that the suspiciously Kremling-focussed portion of Nintendo's recent E3 teaser video actually means something. Though, I suppose everyone in this thread feels the same way. As with some others, I feel that it's too specific to simply be just a nod to Donkey Kong Country, at any rate.

Bananija

Count of Trickery
Thanks. I was really hoping that someone would post that! (As if it isn't expected by now. ;) )

Ok, that's better.

Seriously, I'm really hoping that the suspiciously Kremling-focussed portion of Nintendo's recent E3 teaser video actually means something. Though, I suppose everyone in this thread feels the same way. As with some others, I feel that it's too specific to simply be just a nod to Donkey Kong Country, at any rate.
Dedede, with I pirate hat is awesome.

And for the teaser I was delighted for everythings, but more for the DKC cameo, which make me a lot excited for K.Rool and the Kremlings

3DS FC
0061-0163-0572

Ok, that's better.

Me: "Dear Jesus, Anon, and Based Samurai, please let that suspiciously Kremling-focused portion of Nintendo's recent E3 teaser video actually mean something."

D

Deleted member

Say I want to ask all of you DK fans a question what is you're opinion on tiki tong and the tiki tak tribe and lord frederick and the snomads?

Burruni

Smash Hero
Say I want to ask all of you DK fans a question what is you're opinion on tiki tong and the tiki tak tribe and lord frederick and the snomads?
They did well as one-game villains. Tiki Tong was a bit of a disappointment for being the old fashioned "It's a face and two hands" Nintendo staple boss introduced by Wham Bam Rock.

Lord Frederick as a fight really came off as a "We REALLY wanted to use King K. Rool but didn't quite feel confident yet so here's a boss fight that feels just like him."

Warlock*G

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
0146-9477-0226
Well, tasteless people abound.

Such as everybody that doesn't want Shantae to be in Smash. :troll:

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
I found the Tikis ok, but I was a little bit disappointed that Donkey Kong Country Returned without the kremlings (and without the staple option to play as your preferred Kong).

I have no view on the Snomads yet, as the recurring lack of K. Rool actually deprioritised that planned purchase, and I still haven't picked the game up. :p I will, though, and I can already say that I like the character designs that I've seen better than I liked those of the Tiki Tak Tribe (they feel more like they fit the series, to me).

D

Deleted member

They did well as one-game villains. Tiki Tong was a bit of a disappointment for being the old fashioned "It's a face and two hands" Nintendo staple boss introduced by Wham Bam Rock.

Lord Frederick as a fight really came off as a "We REALLY wanted to use King K. Rool but didn't quite feel confident yet so here's a boss fight that feels just like him."
I love Lord Frederick I think he has an original moveset and is a cool villain I mean all the DK fanbase should be happy they are getting new and original villain in there games I mean do you have any idea how much we mario fans would KILL! to have new villain in 3D and 2D mario games!?! I know we have new villain but there in RPG and half the time bowser steal the
spotlight from them(****....DREAMY.....BOWSER) the only time we got new villain without bowser screwing them over was smithy,wart and tantaga and that was a long time a go. I mean I know k rool hasn't appearer in a main DK game for years now and I miss him more then the next guy but you all got new villains I'm not saying you should love them but just be happy you are one of the rare nintendo fanbase that are getting new villain and if that doesn't help think about this if they ever make a new DK game in the future what if the k.rool and the kremling krew,tiki tong and the tiki tak tribe and lord frederick and the snomads work together to take down the Kongs that sound like a good idea for a future DK game huh? also...happy 1,000,000 views
everybody! I can't wait to play King K.Rool in smash 4.!!

:happysheep:

Last edited by a moderator:

IggyKoopa66

Smash Cadet
NNID
Keemie
Eh I can't say I enjoyed the Tiki Tak Tribe. A lot of them are rather boring in design. To tell you the truth I couldn't even tell if they were even sentient... Tiki Tong was a disappointment as well.

As for the Snowmads..I just dislike a majority of the animals (penguins and rabbits), however I will say that they were as charismatic as the Kremlings... like they just reskinned the Kremlings into arctic animals. When it comes to Fredrik, it's like they didn't even try to make the character anything but a bargain bin K. Rool. We didn't predict Tiki Tong but Fredrik was VERY predictable. I remember the arguments changing from "Just because he is shaped like K. Rool doesn't mean he'll fight like him" to "K. Rool doesn't have a copyright on those moves!"

K. Rool's reaction:

~Bruh

Last edited:
Top Bottom