• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Alright, thanks to @ Thelimomon Thelimomon 's efforts to provide me a mirror image version of his K. Rool fanart, I've put together probably the last size chart for a while (these are oddly fun to do).

Original (readjusted):

With fanart:
Great mock-ups. Ideally, K. Rool would have a larger head and slightly larger body, which would require him to face more toward the screen so as to accommodate more of his girth onstage. Basically, as big as it's possible to make a character, he should be, heh.

BowserK.Rool

Smash Champion
The real milestone here is K. Rool's confirmation as a DLC character. I'll be very happy if he's confirmed.
I'll also be very happy if Shantae is confirmed.
And if they're both confirmed, I'll blow my load all over the place. People will stick to the floor. :troll:
I better clear the area then lol.

I do hope to hear some DK announcment at E3 though, wether it's smash/k. rool related or not.

DJDave189

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DJDave157
lol the smash bros wii u gamefaqs board is doing a poll war between K. Rool and Phoenix Wright.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
lol the smash bros wii u gamefaqs board is doing a poll war between K. Rool and Phoenix Wright.
From what I heard, the Phoenix votes mysteriously rise whenever K. Rool pulls ahead. Let's everyone vote K. Rool anyway so, when the OP closes the thread, we'll be in the lead.

There's no real point, but it's fun to be #1, even on such an antagonistic site as GameFAQs.

DJDave189

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DJDave157
From what I heard, the Phoenix votes mysteriously rise whenever K. Rool pulls ahead. Let's everyone vote K. Rool anyway so, when the OP closes the thread, we'll be in the lead.

There's no real point, but it's fun to be #1, even on such an antagonistic site as GameFAQs.
Haha yeah. Already voted for K. Rool. The poll is ridicules but fun. Also from what I've heard the Phoenix fans are using bots. Which maybe that's the reason why they're votes mysteriously rise.

Last edited:

mynameisBlade

Smash Lord
Ridley Thread died at page 1952, view count curently at 2,551,979.

Trust me, it's still over a million views beyond what the MAIN discussion thread is held at.
To be fair there were many points at which that thread "should" have ended, but didn't. It only made it that far with lots...and lots..of leniency..haha It still would have been pretty big though.

Donkey Kong Jr

Smash Cadet
I'm sure this has been discussed before, but seeing how this thread is almost 700 pages long and I've been around for maybe a hundred, what would you guys like out of the Kirby hat?

A lot of people want to just give him the crown, but I'd prefer it be more distinct than Rosalina and Peach's hats.

This is probably my favorite idea for it that I've seen.
I'm also in favor of having a more distinct Kirby hat. I actually made a quick sketch of the same Kirby hat idea the other day.

Banjo-Kazooie

Smash Ace
NNID
Burudiman
3DS FC
2492-5021-9705
Let me tell you. Its good to know K. Rool can overcome even what it looked like a trolled poll. I really hope Nintendo knows to count the votes properly (personally not a fan of everyone voting multiple times with different IPs etc.).
On the other hand, I wonder how many of those Phoenix Right voters where people who actually preferred him. Or they were the new breed of people who just hate K. Rool because its winning over their favorite character.

Steelia

Smash Champion
Let me tell you. Its good to know K. Rool can overcome even what it looked like a trolled poll. I really hope Nintendo knows to count the votes properly (personally not a fan of everyone voting multiple times with different IPs etc.).
On the other hand, I wonder how many of those Phoenix Right voters where people who actually preferred him. Or they were the new breed of people who just hate K. Rool because its winning over their favorite character.
I'm heavily inclined to say the latter. "The enemy of my enemy is my friend."

But hey~ You know what they say.

man k.rool must really hate the kongs alot.

you dont see other villians start torturing/wailing on the main character in a nintendo game.

Edit:it is official we won the gamefaqs poll(the reason im saying this is because a bunch of people were celebrating saying wright won while others said k rool won....it was confusing but now we know that k rool won)
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/633202-super-smash-bros-for-wii-u/71813085

The poll is honestly insignificant but its nice to see our kroc king koming out on top.

Last edited:

BigJuicyMeatball

Smash Apprentice
Am I the only one who actually liked Tiki Tong?
Sure I was kinda dissapointed at first when I saw that the Kremlings weren't there but at least they wer'e not replaced with terrible and boring stuff like penguins....
Tiki Tong was an awesome final boss(still not better than the ol' Kroc King himself)
Tropical Freeze was just....boring to me to be honest but hey it's my opinion

Burruni

Smash Hero
Sure I was kinda dissapointed at first when I saw that the Kremlings weren't there but at least they wer'e not replaced with terrible and boring stuff like penguins....
Tiki Tong was an awesome final boss(still not better than the ol' Kroc King himself)
There's one major issue with Tiki Tong in the eyes of a number of fans.
Let's see if you can notice the trend.

and then we got

It's that the boss in itself is one of Nintendo's most used "flavor of the month" Boss ideas, effectivelly a head and two hands.

skylanders fan

Smash Lord
NNID
KyleWussler

and then we got

It's that the boss in itself is one of Nintendo's most used "flavor of the month" Boss ideas, effectivelly a head and two hands.
I guess You can say they have the whole world in there hands *shot*

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I can't agree with that. I rushed through TF and couldn't stop playing it, I enjoyed every second of it. Returns was boring when I tried replaying. Also, by the time I was done with Returns I didn't feel up to doing Mirror Mode, either, but TF? I couldn't stop even then.

I don't care for either final boss, though, honestly. Neither are as good as any of the K. Rool bosses (even the DK64 boss I HATE).

BigJuicyMeatball

Smash Apprentice

and then we got

Yeah I know about these guys xD but I still don't mind it^^'

Sidboylol

Smash Cadet
No, you're not. I kinda liked the Tiki Tong too. I was also dissapointed at first when I saw that the Kremlings weren't there but at least they wer'e not replaced with terrible and boring stuff like penguins.... For me, i don't like Tropical Freeze... at all. But it's my opinion.

DJ3DS

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0602-6256-9118
I hate the idea of K.Rool's Kasplat being a down special. I'd rather have that be a Down Smash as it's the best thing he already has currently
Amen to this. The Ground Pound is just an incredibly dull move in general. Obviously there is a lot of good stuff from DK64 that you want to reference, but as it's a boxing fight just about all of it fits into the standard moveset better anyway. The specials in my opinion should be the following:

Neutral - Blunderbuss
Side - Krown Toss
Up - Kopter

The Down Special is the only one with room for choice, with the following as ideas:

- Gas Clouds (DKC2)
- Vacuum (DKC2)
- Cannonball Rain (DKC)
- Electricity (DKC3)
- Ground Pound (DK64)

Out of those, the last is the worst and least interesting. My personal choice would be the gas clouds or the electricity, as I'd have used the vacuum in a grab (or side smash), and the cannonball rain as an Up Smash with the DK64 uppercut as an Up Tilt.

Also regarding Kirby's hat, give him the crown and the bloodshot eye and it's plenty visually distinct enough.

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain

and then we got

And add two more to that list! :awesome:

I know Necrodeus happened after DKCR, but still, the Kirby franchise really likes the hand bosses XD

Yeah, about K.Rool, I really...really hope that one of his sounds is the "OHH" from DKC1.

Burruni

Smash Hero
And add two more to that list! :awesome:

I know Necrodeus happened after DKCR, but still, the Kirby franchise really likes the hand bosses XD

Yeah, about K.Rool, I really...really hope that one of his sounds is the "OHH" from DKC1.
I never finished Mass Attack and didn't include Wham Bam Jewel because he was just Rock upgraded. I could've put Master and Crazy hand in from Amazing Mirror as well but I feel that I made my point.

Burruni

Smash Hero
As for King K Rool's voice...I kinda liked his Barrel Blast one :3
Okay is it just me or does he kinda sound like Vector the Crocodile from the Sonic series?

Edit: I mean, yeah, they're both Crocs. But it's just wear how his grunts sound just like Vector did in Sonic Heroes, at least.

Last edited:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
You know guys, the lack of Jungle Climber love in this thread is quite depressing. Give me a like for this post if you love Jungle Climber so I can have faith again...

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
You know guys, the lack of Jungle Climber love in this thread is quite depressing. Give me a like for this post if you love Jungle Climber so I can have faith again...
I haven't played it so I can't say. All I do know is that Jungle Climber looks WAY better than King of Swing.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I haven't played it so I can't say. All I do know is that Jungle Climber looks WAY better than King of Swing.
It is better, it's much more fluid and fast, and has an actual story line. The game feels closer to me to a DKC4 than even DKCR. Seriously, yes it's that good. Easily my favorite DS game.

Top Bottom